Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Answering OFFPOINT On His Question As To Why Christ Jesus Is A Perfect Sacrifice - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Answering OFFPOINT On His Question As To Why Christ Jesus Is A Perfect Sacrifice (1094 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo) / Men Sacrifice He-Goat To Cook Themselves Against Bullet Penetration (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answering OFFPOINT On His Question As To Why Christ Jesus Is A Perfect Sacrifice by budaatum: 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
We can not know more about Him beyond what we have read or have been told of Him, for He is Not Man, even though He Looked like a Man.

But, when He Reveals Himself to You, you would know more than what is written or said of Him.
Those familiar with my attitude to work might understand the point of, the lazy sit waiting for revelations. You will kindly speak the truth of yourself please. "You", can not know!

Christ became flesh, not so you may know Christ, but so you may know God, so if one can not "know more about Him beyond what we have read or have been told of Him" despite His flesh becoming and living amongst us so that we may through Him know God better, it follows that one can not know God whom much less is written about. Such shall be known as, they that worship the God they know not.

"Seek", said Christ. "And greater things than I did will you do with your immense understanding which I shall send the Holy Spirit to direct"!

Dtruthspeaker:
That is Another Major Difference Between Him and us, He Clearly Knew Right from Wrong, Good from Bad or evil. And He supported All that was Good, which is not popular among the children of men while he was against all the Bads and wrongs and wickedness and evil, which is very popular among men.
People around me when I was young used to sing, "I want to be like Jesus, so gentle meek and mild", but were the most ungentle and ferocious people I'd ever seen. I used to wonder if they read the Book, because, when I read it, I found lots more about Jesus I might rather be singing I'd like to be like, like, poor in spirit so that I can learn; a peacemaker (after all, my many squabbling siblings), merciful, loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and most of all self-controlled. Everytime I heard that hymn sung, I filled in, which, unfortunately, didn't make for a nice tidy hymn, but I'd consciously decided to eliminate the major difference between I and Christ by "Clearly Knew Right from Wrong, Good from Bad or evil" and becoming an atheist to what was "popular among the children of men" by "supported All that is Good".

Dtruthspeaker:
So naturally, He shall be different from the population.
We gloat not. A new Spirit kindles. Amen.

Dtruthspeaker:
And you got it Right only to finish wrongfully at the bolded! The secret is Children know that they do not know, hence they learn.
Those children often grow into adults who think what they've learnt is all there is to know. If only they'd keep their childlike unknowingness much longer and keep learning.

Dtruthspeaker:
When a man uses his head as you said, he has to pray that he is right whereas if he had learnt from Christ, he would be certain that he is right, for there is no stumbling or fall when you walk in the Accurate Teachings of Christ.
Remember I said, "You"? Some are conscious of Christ in them.

Christ is precisely about using one's head, and is a result of storing up the wealth of understanding gained from learning about Christ so one can know that which is good and "walk in the Accurate Teachings of Christ" without stumbling or falling when the "moth and rust doth corrupt, and thieves break through and steal" one's understanding.

This lesson is taught in the Temptation on the Mountain where quote a verse satan thinks he can outsmart read the whole book Jesus. The equivalent today is between the believers and the 'understanders, and is a repeat of the incessant light versus the dark battle.

Christ joked not when he said, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect".

Dtruthspeaker:
I have answered offpoint but I do know that Understanding Is Given By The Lord, so therefore without it, he shall have great difficulty in comprehending my answer, for if he did, he would either have a question that flows from my answer or if he is noble, he shall express his enlightenment or stay silent.
"Understanding Is Given By The Lord" only to those who seek understanding of the Lord. Those who pray first for understanding stand firm in Christ.

Dtruthspeaker:
Further, i do not think I Insulted anyone I just think that they took offence when none was given.
I have the very most strongest inclination to agree with you.
Re: Answering OFFPOINT On His Question As To Why Christ Jesus Is A Perfect Sacrifice by Maynman: 1:45pm On Mar 08, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

So therefore, knowing that you were going to go to work and come back, means you have not gone to work?

You are going to work for a reason that will benefit you, how is that sacrifice? You are not working for free you can’t call it a sacrifice.
Re: Answering OFFPOINT On His Question As To Why Christ Jesus Is A Perfect Sacrifice by Dtruthspeaker: 5:32pm On Mar 08, 2022
Maynman:

You are going to work for a reason that will benefit you, how is that sacrifice? You are not working for free you can’t call it a sacrifice.

So people who do volunteer work, for the benefit of others, are not working AND FOR FREE for that matter? Eg teachers who teach for free, lawyers doing pro bono work, doctors who work for free etc hence the term "humanitarian workers"

There is no way it can be validly spun around against what God has done.
Re: Answering OFFPOINT On His Question As To Why Christ Jesus Is A Perfect Sacrifice by Maynman: 6:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

So people who do volunteer work, for the benefit of others, are not working AND FOR FREE for that matter? Eg teachers who teach for free, lawyers doing pro bono work, doctors who work for free etc hence the term "humanitarian workers"

There is no way it can be validly spun around against what God has done.

Work for free doesn’t have to be financial.

Jesus worked so that the prophecy could be accomplished.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Archaeological Evidence Proves Bible Stories Of Giants & Multi-fingered Warriors / Why People Oppose Paul's Teachings? / Why They Came For TB Joshua?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.