Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Reopening: Church Service Must Not Exceed An Hour – FG - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reopening: Church Service Must Not Exceed An Hour – FG (2087 Views)

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Nsukka Catholic Bishop Vs Fr Obayi: ‘don’t Exceed Your Boundary’ – Mbaka Fumes / List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reopening: Church Service Must Not Exceed An Hour – FG by joseph1832(m): 10:18am On Jun 03, 2020
Seun:

My statement is a bit of a cheap shot and I may remove it. I’m sure they have their reasons. I think they should come up with rules that reduce the rate of infection very much but are as non-intrusive as they could possibly be.

I am ok with saying people should be spaced out and everybody should wear masks, and limiting the number of people that can attend a service, but I am not ok with dictating how long a church service should be. This goes into the territory of dictating how people should practice their religion, which is unacceptable in a free democratic country. I can imagine how they arrived at the decision, but I don’t like it one bit.

As far as I am concerned, large gatherings of any type, whether religious or recreational, should not be held, period. Numerous outbreaks around the world have been traced to churches and mosques. You have large numbers of people in enclosed spaces, spewing their germs into the air as they shout and sing, all over the country. Even if they have masks, they will probably remove them when they start sweating during praise worship.

The era of services with thousands of people in large auditoriums is over until we achieve herd immunity through vaccination. Churches should reorganize themselves as house fellowships with maybe 50 to 100 members in each branch so that if one member is found to be infected with COVID-19, it will be easy to test the others.

I will update this post after educating myself further about the PTF’s new rules.
thanks you very much. Your point is very well received and noted.
Re: Reopening: Church Service Must Not Exceed An Hour – FG by Omooba77: 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2020
Seun:

My statement is a bit of a cheap shot and I may remove it. I’m sure they have their reasons. I think they should come up with rules that reduce the rate of infection very much but are as non-intrusive as they could possibly be.

I am ok with saying people should be spaced out and everybody should wear masks, and limiting the number of people that can attend a service, but I am not ok with dictating how long a church service should be. This goes into the territory of dictating how people should practice their religion, which is unacceptable in a free democratic country. I can imagine how they arrived at the decision, but I don’t like it one bit.

As far as I am concerned, large gatherings of any type, whether religious or recreational, should not be held, period. Numerous outbreaks around the world have been traced to churches and mosques. You have large numbers of people in enclosed spaces, spewing their germs into the air as they shout and sing, all over the country. Even if they have masks, they will probably remove them when they start sweating during praise worship.

The era of services with thousands of people in large auditoriums is over until we achieve herd immunity through vaccination. Churches should reorganize themselves as house fellowships with maybe 50 to 100 members in each branch so that if one member is found to be infected with COVID-19, it will be easy to test the others.

I will update this post after educating myself further about the PTF’s new rules.

What of markets and loaded BRT?
Re: Reopening: Church Service Must Not Exceed An Hour – FG by mablie(m): 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
Seun:
Because the foreign leaders that our leaders normally copy ideas from clearly don’t know what they are doing, our leaders have been forced to come up with their own ideas, and this is the result. I don’t like it. *UPDATED*
Hello.I have e-mailed the super mods but nothing has been done about it.The issue concerns the TV/MOVIES section where some monickers have decided to constantly deraill the "What movie have you watched" thread.The thread used to be peaceful and matured but certain monickers in the past two months have decided to ruin it with their never-ending arguments.Even when they are banned,they create other monickers to troll the serious monickers on the thread.These monikers should be tackled because they have become a scourge.Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Interpretation Of The Dream Of Seeing Calabash Or Pot / Holy Spirit / Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.