Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Looking For A New Way To Learn New Things - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Looking For A New Way To Learn New Things (399 Views)

I Cn Open Lynda Premium Account 4 U 2 Learn New Skills Online & Get Certificate / Join The Programmers Hub Share Ideas Learn New Skills / New Things With Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A New Way To Learn New Things by IsaacAvoseh: 4:14am On Jun 03, 2020
I love Programming, But I'm still very new to all this whole thing. I love Programming and this makes me to motivated myself to start learning on my own.
I have some problems now and I want your sincere advice;

Work Schedule
Because of schedule of my work, I don't really have time to do what I like, most times while coming back from work am always excited because once I get home I'll code but tiredness won't allow me.

Power Supply
This is my major problem, when I have time there will be power shortage.

Knowledge
I started with Web development . I still see myself like an aspirer Because what I can do is very little, I don't have good knowledge of JavaScript- Just the basics. Am not afraid of HTML and CSS.

Now because of Covid19 I lost my job, getting another job will be harder, I know, because Covid19 is still much on ground, am not a graduate, ordinary OND I don't have. I couldn't finish my OND Program the first time due to a serious life tragedy that happened, I pushed to start again but something similar happened then I had to step back again. I was able raise money to start the programs- first and second time that failed, from the job I lost. But sincerely, it's not on my mind to even look for another job if to say I have some money that can span me for 6 to 8 months. I will just dive deep into Web development, then try  to continue on the same path.

I have never use the little knowledge I have to engage in a real life project- just some projects I did while learning. So, sometimes I feel it will harder to apply those knowledge in real life.

Please, now, look at my views and justify:
- Looking for another job will means setting a dangerous trap for myself and it won't help me because of my education level, as I might earn enough money to sponsor myself to school.
- Any job I get now cannot be like the one  I lost- I've been on that job for 3 years+.
- The dangerous trap will be the fact that I won't be able to further my education.
- I think I should learn Programming to some level before going back to school.
- I can't start school now because i don't have job to sponsor myself.
- So, I think I should further in Programming now while I await the time I'll be able pay my school fees.
- (Critical) I don't have anyone to run to for help.
- (Critical) I can't say I won't do anything now because I don't have money to feed myself and aid me in learning while am at home for a long time.

What I think I should do, please justify:
- Look for online freelancing/job, just simple things I can do online to fetch me little money to aid my learning, before the token with me......
- But I don't really think there are online job that truly pay.
- (Critical) Am all ears please, I want list of things I can do online that will bring little money, or offline part-time job any where in Lagos etc (accommodation might be problem but let me get it first) or job I can do and still continue learning not the one will take my whole time.
- Any simple thing you know about that can help me , am not after Money now , I want to Learn first.
- (Never) Ask for financial help, granted, finish it and start begging again.

With your Developer mind, PLEASE help me with workable solution.
Love you all !!

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Don Start Ohh / 4 Most Important Features Of Transport Management System Software / Developers Wanted!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.