Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos (37021 Views)

Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. / Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. / Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by omat20(m): 11:47am On Jun 03, 2020
These guidelines are really evil. Imagine no sign of the cross after mass.
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:52am On Jun 03, 2020
what is the irony of not gathering for worship while we gather, ,cluster n even hug at our various market places, banks and motor parks? N.a. menn, this covid 19 thing don tire me here in naija..our own thing dey be different oo!

1 Like

Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by CallMeDrino: 12:02pm On Jun 03, 2020
cheesy
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by clinsman1: 12:02pm On Jun 03, 2020
Chithauri:
will they stop worshipping Mary?
Honoring Mary not worshipping

2 Likes

Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by lugo99(m): 12:12pm On Jun 03, 2020
wait, e get one church 4 my side, wey there offerings n tithe no even 1,500, how dem go buy temperature check device, wey d pastor go talk say make dem hold themselves say dey wan pray holy fire,
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by AdaoraNK(f): 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2020
festacman:
Glory to Jesus ...

Honour to Mary.

Catholic church is well organized

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by Sanctamaria10(m): 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2020
Chithauri:
for your information we honour her and never worships her.

3 Likes

Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by Pally84: 12:34pm On Jun 03, 2020
omat20:

Sign of Peace that is done during Holy Communion not Sign of the Cross

1 Like

Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by freeman131: 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2020
You really can't conform to everyone's standard some nairalanders need psychotherapy.

Nothing ever satisfies them

2 Likes

Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by FFA: 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
lt is well.....
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by Oluwademilade: 12:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
I'm a Christian, but I have no choice but to support government on this one.

Before we make argument of banks being allowed to operate, let's consider this. My experience shows that banks have been able to implement the social distancing effectively. When one customer is done with his/her transaction, another one is allowed into the banking hall. At any point in time, there are less than 20 clients in the banking halls I've visited till now since this restriction was put in place. Others have to wait outside and take turns. Let's not forget that banks provide essential service also for all categories of people. Even at that, most transactions that would take you to the bank can be done online now.

I agree that social distancing is easier to observe in churches than markets. But don't forget that most cases of Covid-19 spread occur in enclosed environments. Ventillation is key and the market has that. Churches can restrict gathering to smaller number of worshippers, but that's not the only way the virus spreads.

When you hold multiple services, then an infected person can worship in the first service, leave droplets behind on surfaces for the second and third service worshippers to pick it up and take home to share with their loved ones. In the church, you observer anointing service, laying of hands, offerings and tithes etc. This is a thriving atmosphere for the virus to spread and it's too big a risk to take when we have the option of praying at home. It's not the same as being in church physically, but I think that will do for now.

Exempting the aged from the service only protect them if they live alone. Ohterwise, their kids can go to church and bring the virus home for their aged parents. Mortality rate for people above 60 years is 18%. That means 1 in every 5 infected 60 year olds and above dies from the virus. The risk is not worth it.

Keep places of worship locked as it is.

3 Likes

Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by Tywo2018: 1:02pm On Jun 03, 2020
I tire oo conflicting reporting.
Macsjebs:
Wait, I didn't read the whole stuff, but I thought Lagos govt said no church service yet
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by ikorodureporta: 1:06pm On Jun 03, 2020
naptu2:
ikorodureporta

All these have been superceded in the past 24 hours by the Lagos State commissioner's statement and the archbishop's response.

before they developed this guidelines, they met with the government officials....& they'v also presented it to the govt for approval. .. that's why they are not happy about the govt's decision to still shut down worship centres
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by AdaoraNK(f): 1:08pm On Jun 03, 2020
Pally84:

Sign of Peace that is done during Holy Communion not Sign of the Cross

Educate them
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by Yunda(m): 1:08pm On Jun 03, 2020
Nice information! Check my signature...
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by naptu2: 1:10pm On Jun 03, 2020
ikorodureporta:

before they developed this guidelines, they met with the government officials....& they'v also presented it to the govt for approval. .. that's why they are not happy about the govt's decision to still shut down worship centres

Yeah, I know. What I'm saying is that )1) these guidelines were released, then (2)the Federal Government relaxed the restrictions on worship centres, then (3) the Lagos State Government announced that it was not relaxing the restrictions on worship centres and then (3) the Catholic archbishop of Lagos reacted to the Lagos State Government's decision.

That's the state of things at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by HeyCorleone(m): 1:11pm On Jun 03, 2020
Chithauri:

Been in the Catholic Church for over a decade now and I don't know 1 person who worships Mary.

1 Like

Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by adekennis(m): 1:12pm On Jun 03, 2020
sowilli:
It is clear that many in government don’t have regard for God and by extension humans. I wonder why there is still ban on religious gathering. It will take less than a month for COVID to wipe out half of the Nigerian population if this disease is deadly as it is being portrayed in Nigeria. It is clear this guys just want to hold of rights and freedom.

You should be more concerned about school and millions of people aspiration put on hold .Church isn't the only place affected, Muslims also and they aint making noise.we Christians should stop this already its becoming annoying.

1 Like

Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by HeyCorleone(m): 1:13pm On Jun 03, 2020
omat20:

Smh. Who said that?

Don't you even reason? Why would anyone ban the sign of the cross? Are you not the one doing it for yourself?

1 Like

Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by Inda2020: 1:18pm On Jun 03, 2020
This too much rule for this sham religion
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by ikorodureporta: 1:29pm On Jun 03, 2020
naptu2:

Yeah, I know. What I'm saying is that )1) these guidelines were released, then (2)the Federal Government relaxed the restrictions on worship centres, then (3) the Lagos State Government announced that it was not relaxing the restrictions on worship centres and then (3) the Catholic archbishop of Lagos reacted to the Lagos State Government's decision.

That's the state of things at the moment.

Yep...but the only areas to b adjusted are timings for worship, number of people, & age limit ( for the elderly)
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by Sososo(f): 1:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
Thought the governor said no resumption of churches till further notice
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by Androidlic: 2:01pm On Jun 03, 2020
ok
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by mastasam(m): 2:11pm On Jun 03, 2020
another form of lockdown
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by DevCareer: 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2020
Not bad

Well guys, you need to check this online course out - https://clariongr.com/course/business-acumen/
I recommend it for those who are interested in building the knowledge, skills and experience that can transform them into a strategic business partner in their organizations
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by stan83: 2:21pm On Jun 03, 2020
festacman:
Glory to Jesus ...
honour to mary
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by YINKS89(m): 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2020
IYANGBALI:
who tolded you that?
always read news before u comment now
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by Villain7: 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
I wish they can tell the truth that this locknown and social distance thing has long failed in Lagos. As a matter of fact, over 65% of lagosians are positive of this COVID and not tested. Does the government control crowd in market like Iyana Iba, Alaba or places Oju elegba bridge and all those busy environs in Lagos? Do these places observe social distancing? countless hotels, bars still operate in the state, so what's the deception all about? Just to have it documented formally that Nigeria partook in the lockdown during pandemic that's what they want. This lockdown has long failed! Nobody can come out here and say trash because you feel it's the right decision but on a bad approach.
How many of you here on NL observed social distance daily?
Do you enter public buses in Lagos and see how it operAtes, are they sterilized? This just to funny to me. Yes , it is a right decision but, the process has failed. Other places of vice are in operation. They better be wise and never think they will have a complete and caseless file of the virus. If they think of that, it will be Thy kingdom come. Because if you do house to house testing, tendency of each member of a family being positive in Lagos is 5.
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by Moz22: 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
Oluwademilade:

Before we make argument of banks being allowed to operate, let's consider this. My experience shows that banks have been able to implement the social distancing effectively. When one customer is done with his/her transaction, another one is allowed into the banking hall. At any point in time, there are less than 20 clients in the banking halls I've visited till now since this restriction was put in place. Others have to wait outside and take turns. Let's not forget that banks provide essential service also for all categories of people. Even at that, most transactions that would take you to the bank can be done online now.

I agree that social distancing is easier to observe in churches than markets. But don't forget that most cases of Covid-19 spread occur in enclosed environments. Ventillation is key and the market has that. Churches can restrict gathering to smaller number of worshippers, but that's not the only way the virus spreads.

When you hold multiple services, then an infected person can worship in the first service, leave droplets behind on surfaces for the second and third service worshippers to pick it up and take home to share with their loved ones. In the church, you observer anointing service, laying of hands, offerings and tithes etc. This is a thriving atmosphere for the virus to spread and it's too big a risk to take when we have the option of praying at home. It's not the same as being in church physically, but I think that will do for now.

Exempting the aged from the service only protect them if they live alone. Ohterwise, their kids can go to church and bring the virus home for their aged parents. Mortality rate for people above 60 years is 18%. That means 1 in every 5 infected 60 year olds and above dies from the virus. The risk is not worth it.

trash
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by africanusvu(m): 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2020
This is even tougher than the TEN COMMANDMENTS
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by wingmanIII: 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2020
Oluwademilade:

Obviously you didn't read the directives from the Archbishop. Read before commenting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / Why Village People Kill A Lot Of Africans By Reno Omokri / Paul Enenche's Sister Slaps Church Member For Crying During Sammoses Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.