Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,867 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos (37048 Views)

Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. / Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. / Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by StubbornGENIUS: 3:28pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdaoraNK:

Educate them
Are you a catholic ma'am?
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by AdaoraNK(f): 3:31pm On Jun 03, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
Are you a catholic ma'am?

I grew up to understand that my parents and grand parents (both) are catholics so Christianity is the only religion I belong to and the catholic church is the best for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by Nehyooh(m): 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2020
See weting Coro cause; God have mercy !
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by ikorodureporta: 3:55pm On Jun 03, 2020
africanusvu:
This is even tougher than the TEN COMMANDMENTS

cheesy
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by sowilli: 3:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
adekennis:

You should be more concerned about school and millions of people aspiration put on hold .Church isn't the only place affected, Muslims also and they aint making noise.we Christians should stop this already its becoming annoying.
the thread is about religious gathering and if you have wisdom you will know that my post is advocating the the lockdown be removed completely. The Muslim are t making noise because their mode of worship is different.
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by smogup: 4:00pm On Jun 03, 2020
2020 churches will be replacing holy water font will sanitizers.
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by honeyB2018: 4:10pm On Jun 03, 2020
"VISUAL WORSHIP CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED WITH PHYSICAL PRESENCE"
This is my take away in the whole press release. I'm not a catholic, but I'm glad that even the Catholics, have agreed with what Bishop Oyedepo, Oyakilome Chris and the rest of us have been saying these past days.
Covid 19 or no Covid 19, we want our worship centers opened, and open they MUST be.
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by goshen26: 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2020
pyyxxaro:
Naaa who don chop go fit read this kin tharaja text book undecided

Electrical engineering student/graduate sighted
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by AsawanaDgreat: 4:38pm On Jun 03, 2020
ADEWUMIMichael:
All these guidelines too much,

give the two weeks and they will forget all these measures

I dey tell you oo
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by AsawanaDgreat: 4:39pm On Jun 03, 2020
All these rules, e beta say make we remain for house nah
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by ijedeikorodu(m): 4:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
The list of requirements is too long
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by paix(m): 5:18pm On Jun 03, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Church is the best place to maintain social distancing, not markets. Use your brain
Physical distancing.
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by jplusnaira: 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
goshen26:

Electrical engineering student/graduate sighted

Please take note It is not only electrical engineering students that read tharajah.
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by emecheboy2(m): 8:07pm On Jun 03, 2020
Chithauri:
will they stop worshipping Mary?

Very ignorant post. I am convinced you know nothing.
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by koladeken(m): 11:17pm On Jun 03, 2020
sad
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by Chamberlin1983(m): 11:34pm On Jun 03, 2020
What are you talking about? You need to read the thread again because comprehension is your problem.
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by Timibrazz01(m): 3:13am On Jun 04, 2020
Noted
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by leokid866: 3:33am On Jun 04, 2020
sowilli:
It is clear that many in government don’t have regard for God and by extension humans. I wonder why there is still ban on religious gathering. It will take less than a month for COVID to wipe out half of the Nigerian population if this disease is deadly as it is being portrayed in Nigeria. It is clear this guys just want to hold of rights and freedom.
Tell that to the pastor that went to heal someone of the disease and ended up dying from it.
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by leokid866: 3:37am On Jun 04, 2020
honeyB2018:
"VISUAL WORSHIP CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED WITH PHYSICAL PRESENCE"
This is my take away in the whole press release. I'm not a catholic, but I'm glad that even the Catholics, have agreed with what Bishop Oyedepo, Oyakilome Chris and the rest of us have been saying these past days.
Covid 19 or no Covid 19, we want our worship centers opened, and open they MUST be.
It's crazy how Nigerians put religion above everything else, no calls to rally all our scientific forces together to fight the disease but quick to force the government to reopen churches.....who did we offend in this country.
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by Antichristus: 6:32am On Jun 04, 2020
Hahahahaha...I see transubstantiation being undermined here. If truly the bread and wine, following the consecration, becomes the 'real essence' of Christ's body and blood, shouldn't it transcend contamination? These Paadi self? Humn. Do they still propagate the doctrine of purgatory and collect indulgences these days?
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by ikorodureporta: 7:21am On Jun 04, 2020
Jimi Disu jst spoke my mind on this. .. I still don't understand what led the archbishop to put up his argument about the govt's decision to keep worship centres shut...

Can the church really handle the situation based on this guidelines??
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by honeyB2018: 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
leokid866:

It's crazy how Nigerians put religion above everything else, no calls to rally all our scientific forces together to fight the disease but quick to force the government to reopen churches.....who did we offend in this country.

It's people like you, that does not know its importance. How many scientists did your government call together, to open up the markets,financial institutions and hotels? Hotels of all places. But to open up places of worship, so that physical worship other visual worship is a taboo in your views.
Of all the scientists in America, have they found cure for Covid 19, Ebola and other terminal diseases, yet Donald Trump has called the worship centers"essential services" and asked that they be opened, think you know better than him? Shior.
Re: Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos by leokid866: 6:49pm On Jun 04, 2020
honeyB2018:

It's people like you, that does not know its importance. How many scientists did your government call together, to open up the markets,financial institutions and hotels? Hotels of all places. But to open up places of worship, so that physical worship other visual worship is a taboo in your views.
Of all the scientists in America, have they found cure for Covid 19, Ebola and other terminal diseases, yet Donald Trump has called the worship centers"essential services" and asked that they be opened, think you know better than him? Shior.
I never supported opening of the hotels and the bars in them I believe that is a wrong step to take as well, as for markets food is essential to all unless you can live without food and water and that was regulated but as Nigerians you all abused it and crowded all markets, financial institutions were even more controlled as to date there are limited number of people allowed in....remember even the bible says the body is the temple but if you feeling like putting your temple at risk it's your choice right.....just when the cases start rising exponentially you all asked for this..Shey we are still recording 300 cases per day when we start recording 1k on a steady remember your words....also my 12 year old niece knows more than that orange faced clown you are referring to.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paul Enenche's Sister Slaps Church Member For Crying During Sammoses Burial / Daily Divine Health Proclamation With Pastor Chris / Can We Pray Together?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.