Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,287 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

#JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan (84961 Views)

Adesola Melojuekun, Barakat's Father Withdraws Case Against Abudu-Balogun / 16-year-old Barakat Melojuekun Begs Nigerians To 'Allow The Matter To Rest’ / Barakat Rasheed: 15-Year-Old Girl Missing After She Was Sent To Withdraw In Oyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Xmuslim: 11:36am On Jun 03, 2020
God could not save this one too.

It's ok o. I will not talk undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by kevotek1000(m): 11:36am On Jun 03, 2020
The way human display wickedness, even Mr Devil will bow. R. I. P.

SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE
SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE
SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE
SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE SAYNO2RAPE

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 03, 2020
gowonmaharajah:

you should rather pray for your children not to be baby factroyinized.
I preferred what you just mentioned than the activities of those (Rapists) morons in the North and west

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by safarigirl(f): 11:38am On Jun 03, 2020
Maybe she was dating multiple men

Maybe the man/men who raped her, were also abused as kids. They need therapy, not prison.

What about the young boys being raped by maids? Don't they deserve justice too?

Women are becoming something else, na everybody dem rape?

There are creatures supporting rapists on this site, and attacking people for calling the many MALE rapists that have been terrorizing women over the last week, and KILLING some. They will set ablaze a thief, but will come online to call rape victims liars and make excuses for rapists.

May her Soul Rest In Peace, I believe she is in a better place, away from rapists and their supporters. I am saddened by the gruesome way she died, because of these evil creatures, that have been protected by this vile society.

4 Likes

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by sarahade(f): 11:38am On Jun 03, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
The rape cases is getting too much these days. It must be frowned at in it's entirety.

But this Lady doesn't look 18... She's looks like someone in her late 20s.

You are very stupid. So if she is in her late 20s it makes the crime better or it changes the fact that a girl has just been raped and murdered.
If you have nothing reasonable to say just shut the f*ck up. Ignoramus oshi

3 Likes

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by OmoDavido(m): 11:38am On Jun 03, 2020
quentin06:

why don't you be that example, you can always superglue it if you don't have a dickk.
Rapists spotted!

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 03, 2020
PanAC:

Thank you
We need to speak up more on issues like this .

Seun

The truth is that this nairaland somehow contributes indirectly to the demeaning and victimization of Nigerian women . Take a look at the type of threads that the super mods have pushed to front page in the past few months. You’ll see several high traffic ones where all manner of vile and derogatory comments about women are made .
For example , a slowpoke checks his girlfriend’s phone and then rushes to nairaland to post about the contents of the said phone. In a flash , you see them descend on it and use that opportunity to unleash venom on our womenfolk and next thing the thread is on the front page. How is this helping our society please ?

I will create a proper thread on this issue very soon.

I tell you. No to reason the matter.
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Lightangel64: 11:38am On Jun 03, 2020
This case is a big lie, cause of one death una wan dey form stories, bloggers eh which kin useless trend be this. Soon every death will be called rape, and false rape accusations will start booming

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by DaRuud(m): 11:40am On Jun 03, 2020
Since some block head idiot worshippers defended COZA Pastor Fatoyinbo when he was accused of Rape
and the case became silent , I knew alot of rapist will be on the loose in major streets hunting our daughters.

Thunder fire all the supporters of Rapist and Rapist

#JusticeForBarakat

#JusticeForUwa

#JusticeForElizabeth

lalasticlala:
#JusticeForBarakat: An 18-year-old student, Barakat Bello was allegedly raped and killed by some men at her home in Ibadan yesterday.

The hijab-wearing Barakat Bello was allegedly murdered while she was struggling to resist rape.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=%23JusticeForBarakat&src=trend_click
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 03, 2020
what's really going on in this country?

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 03, 2020
Lightangel64:
This case is a big lie, cause of one death una wan dey form stories, bloggers eh which kin useless trend be this. Soon every death will be called rape, and false rape accusations will start booming
werey kill you there

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by abujaafar18: 11:43am On Jun 03, 2020
Allahuma igfirlaha warhamha.
May Allah forgive her and have mercy on her
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Ladycewhy(f): 11:44am On Jun 03, 2020
rationalhuman:
When was the last time rather then relying on cheap whatasapp or Facebook post you updated yourself?
Why blaming Nigeria? Do you even know Sweden and Norway are the leaders? Honestly tell me even knew this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

oh Norway and Sweden are the leaders ,is that the new song? Una nor dey Shame for una self? Like seriously , what is it that Nigeria has to show compared to those countries ,also you should check the level of convictions and justice served before you talk anyhow.

Rape is under reported and under prececuted in Nigeria that is why Nigeria is not toping the charts yet.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by TruthinAction: 11:46am On Jun 03, 2020
Ladies will also not hear words of advice. To honour invitation to a friend's house or birthday parties whether the friend is same sex or opposite sex. No one will come and rape you in your house or in public place. And never be alone in a lonely place. Above all, pray that God will deliver you from every temptations before you go out.
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Litmus: 11:47am On Jun 03, 2020
Ladycewhy:
oh Norway and Sweden are the leaders ,is that the new song? Una nor dey Shame for una self? Like seriously , what is it hat Nigeria has to show compared to those countries ,also you should check the level of convictions and justice served before you talk anyhow.

Rape is under reported and under prececuted in Nigeria that is why Nigeria is not toping the charts yet.

Nothing negative is ever underreported in Nigeria. On the contrary, negative news are generally overblown.

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Adunaanuoluwa(f): 11:47am On Jun 03, 2020
womenareapes:
some women have evil spirits, and this spirits attract rapists

i can see u think backwardly
wow
so dont forget your sister might be possessed wth dat evil spirit o
95% rape loading for her
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by thaplugg(m): 11:49am On Jun 03, 2020
I stand againts rape and murder. Enough is enough i believe we have to take action. If we keep trending online and waiting for our clueless govt to do something, then there's no hope. The pressure is too much. Lets act now and work together as humans to help one another if not this is getting out of hand.
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Bobbyfreshhh: 11:50am On Jun 03, 2020
post=90260971:

The hijab-wearing Barakat Bello was allegedly murdered while she was struggling to resist rape.

All rapists should be sentenced to DEATH....after adequate and thorough investigation.

There should be no 2 ways about it.

This will deter some dogs from raping our girls....

The girl in Jigawa that experienced rape at the hands of 11 men on different occasions; did not do anything wrong. She did not dress in a revealing manner. In fact, she is just a 12-year-old girl. To those people looking for a reason to blame the victim, sorry, she did nothing wrong.

Furthermore, the gruesome rape and murder of Uwaila Omozuwa in a church shows that no place is indeed safe. No one can blame her for being at the wrong place. No one can blame for going to ‘his’ place at night. She was reading in a church. A place of refuge, a place she felt most secured. However, she underestimated the fact that a beast was lurking around. So sad.

The dastardly rape and brutal murder of Uwa has invalidated all claims and views about rape. How could she have prevented what happened?

If her parent had called that day and she told them she was reading in a church; they would have had no reason to be concerned. However, they got the worst news a parent could ever get. ‘Your daughter is dead, raped and killed in a bloody church.’

A girl/woman is constantly vulnerable to rape. As a toddler, she is at risk of rape from people most trusted by her parents. At the risk of family members or relatives raping her. In school, her teacher could be a beast in human form. Even her friend’s or boyfriend’s place is also a dangerous place?

So where is safe for her?

The truth is that a girl/woman should not be in constant fear. Everywhere and every place should be safe for her. She is not responsible for caging those perverts. That’s the job of society.

Maybe all men are potential rapists that need to undergo some sort of therapy. We owe it to our daughters, wives, and mothers to immediately commence a national awareness on rape. Organize therapy sessions to purge traits of rape in everyman.

Because the animals that perpetrate rape are not products of immaculate conception. Indeed, they are born by women, perhaps have female siblings, and maybe even female children (Lord have mercy).

Rape is indeed a pandemic, a never-ending pandemic.
According to a National Survey carried out in 2014 on Violence Against Children in Nigeria; it was confirmed that one in four females reported experiencing sexual violence in childhood; with approximately 70% reporting more than one incident of sexual violence.
In the same study, it was found that 24.8% of females aged 18 to 24 years experienced sexual abuse; prior to age 18 of which 5.0% sought help, with only 3.5% receiving any services.

These statistics are grim enough. Unfortunately, rape is under-reported. People, due to stigmatization don’t want to report rape. We have a justice system that makes reporting rape seems like adding extra burden on the victim. The same police that victims are supposed to report to allegedly raped sex workers with sachet water nylon in Abuja not too long ago.

Even at that, there is a need to have a system that can guarantee justice; for both the accused and the victim without destroying both in the process.

I understand that there is a national outrage in the wake of the sad incident involving Uwa. People are angry. Personally, I am livid. But the anger should be directed at creating a solution. Changing the existing legislation, awareness on rape and most importantly; everyone needs to create that safe environment for girls/women.

If you hear a troubling sound from your neighbour, knock on that door and ask questions. If you see a man or a boy getting too cozy with a little girl; poke your nose in the matter. In fact, your little “amebo” could help prevent rape or molestation.

Parents, take time to talk to your sons and male wards that a girl’s body is her absolute right with her total discretion on whom and when to give. Consent is hers to give and withdraw at will. In fact, she can give at first round and withdraw it at second. More so, she has the right to withdraw such consent in the middle of the action.

Also, parents, you should be your daughters’ confidant. Let her be able to talk to you. Father, sex talk with your daughter is not gross. Let her be able to talk to you.

There is nothing like settling it within the family. If punishing perpetrators of rape would shatter the family, then let it be. If the animal had thought about the family, he would not have done it.

As tempting as it is to talk about rape and molestation of boys also, I will refrain from it. Today is all about girls and women. The only hope would be that we would not have to wait until tragedy strikes again; before raising a voice.

False rape accusation

Creating a rape-free society as elucidated earlier involves getting everyone behind it. Most importantly men, not just because the main transgressors are of our gender. But because the victims are our siblings, mothers and children.

Also, we are vulnerable to false accusations. Creating a better justice system that will guarantee justice for victims in rape cases; will also help people facing false accusations.

This is not just a time for rage. It is a time to work in creating that system which works for all victims. The lack of a reliable system has made people turn to social media for settling or seeking justice on rape-related cases.

However, social media has shown that it is not equipped for the endeavour. As a court of opinion, yes, but a court of justice, no.

It is in everyone’s best interest to create a safe environment for our girls and women. But most importantly, on the rare occasion that some beat the safety net; there should be a place for swift and fair justice.
S.O

ALL OF US @ [/b] SAY NO TO RAPE over and over again!!

[b] And as we are SAYING NO TO RAPE, WE ALSO SAY NO TO FALSE ACCUSATIONS OF RAPE.
They are both as DANGEROUS as one another
!

Manna don summarize everything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by ustanejnr(m): 11:50am On Jun 03, 2020
GOFRONT:
All these happening in a generation where pvssy is cheap, easily negotiated, readily available everywhere, Anytime, Anyday!!!!

I dey tell you my brother, not now where s-x is so cheap. Omo some men dey craze o, I suspect ritual killings , na them , fast cash niggas
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 03, 2020
lalasticlala:
Animals dont require an excuse to be animals, a rapist would rape a goat if theres no woman in sight. Psychos should be locked far away from the rest of humanity.
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Ladycewhy(f): 11:51am On Jun 03, 2020
foleskay:

Shut up. Stop stereotyping and generalizing. Your male relatives are also Nigerian men. Don't let emotion elude your reasoning undecided
No you shut up ,the ladies being raped to death are people's daughters.

There is only one victim here, the person being raped ,if you are so concerned talk to your fellow men to stop behaving like animals.

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 03, 2020
The girl-child has been the emphasis to the detriment of the boy-child.

The boy-child has been neglected for too long... And this is one of it's dividends.

I hope societal orientation change in this regards.

May the Holy Spirit comfort the family at this time.
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by ORIAYO70(m): 11:52am On Jun 03, 2020
Why people are so mean and wicked.
Barakat that was like a daughter to me those days in sch, bringing in her home work, when she attend ADEDAMOLA.

Imagine it's not long u left Oroogun...
Oroogun now mourn you..
You killer shall not rest until they are bought to pay for ur death.... How will Iya Baraka cope
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by LifeOfTrigga(m): 11:54am On Jun 03, 2020
nnadychuks:
Nawa even the one who covers her body from head to toes is still raped... I think we need to lecture our young boys about the importance of psychological health on our girls rather than teaching a girl how to dress. Because I don’t think Uwa would dress seductive to a church or Barakat would dress seductive in her father’s house. As in is it mental problem for the rapists? Why why why??

You no Dey hear say dem Dey rape old women wey enter 70 plus self, rape dogs and goats those rapist don’t go after face but as long there’s hole in your body to satisfy their urges.

#SayNoToRape

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by EdiskyHarry: 11:55am On Jun 03, 2020
For Christ sake what is wrong with Nigeria?
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by kareemkamil(m): 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2020
Nawa ooooo, rape and killed
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by whitedove(m): 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2020
I hope this will not consume Nigeria the rate things are going? some years ago it was india that was trending on things like this.
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Lightangel64: 12:02pm On Jun 03, 2020
zangaozanga:
werey kill you there

I didn't make my comment for idiots to reply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by kongolo(m): 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2020
Lightangel64:
All Nigerian bloggers and the moderators on Nairaland care about is getting clicks which generates a profit for them.They do not care about the harmful consequences of their actions.Lalasticlacla has been pushing "rape" stories to the frontpage for the past 3days just for clicks.It is an absolute disgrace.There is a story on the frontPage about 24 women accusing a guy of raping them.There has been no police report and no arrest.Just social media posts and yet the guys' photos have been pasted everywhere including Nairaland.If I were him,I would sue the blogs and forums for defamation

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Urchman200: 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2020
Please I like the level of condemnation that we all have given to rape even Thieftinubu has also joined the chorus, anything for 2023 ,pls in the same vein let condemn corruption and looting of our commonwealth, some time some of looting story can be traumatising.
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by womenareapes: 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2020
Adunaanuoluwa:

i can see I think backwardly wow so dont forget my sister might be possessed wth dat evil spirit o 95% rape loading for her
fixed! thank me later!
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by backwardneva: 12:08pm On Jun 03, 2020
What is difficult in passing it into law by giving death penalty to rapist.The society is becoming something else.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) / Woman Who Set Husband Ablaze Commits Suicide / Friends Of Jennifer Ugadu Mourn Her, After She Was Raped To Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.