Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,156 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

#JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan (84959 Views)

Adesola Melojuekun, Barakat's Father Withdraws Case Against Abudu-Balogun / 16-year-old Barakat Melojuekun Begs Nigerians To 'Allow The Matter To Rest’ / Barakat Rasheed: 15-Year-Old Girl Missing After She Was Sent To Withdraw In Oyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Amhappy(f): 12:09pm On Jun 03, 2020
Something is actually going on. God save us.
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by able20(m): 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2020
madridguy:
They should not turn Nigeria to INDIA.
Be 4 nko, na only bad things guys Sabi copy.
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Jimmybyi: 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2020
What's this new thing with raping and killing victims. What's going on in Nigeria. May God have mercy on our souls.
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by martowskin1(m): 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2020
nnadychuks:
Nawa even the one who covers her body from head to toes is still raped... I think we need to lecture our young boys about the importance of psychological health on our girls rather than teaching a girl how to dress. Because I don’t think Uwa would dress seductive to a church or Barakat would dress seductive in her father’s house. As in is it mental problem for the rapists? Why why why??

The boy kids has been ignored for along time , no one actually care about them, people only care about girl kids, most of this men has been messed up psychologically growning up..

Different foundation here and there for girl child none for boy child. No one care about the mental health. Everyone believe the boys will figure it out.

What u are seeing happening around is total negligence of the need of boy child.

Its blowing up in up in our face. And until we start looking in this boys, we will only have sick grown men

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Lightangel64: 12:18pm On Jun 03, 2020
kongolo:
All Nigerian bloggers and the moderators on Nairaland care about is getting clicks which generates a profit for them.They do not care about the harmful consequences of their actions.Lalasticlacla has been pushing "rape" stories to the frontpage for the past 3days just for clicks.It is an absolute disgrace.There is a story on the frontPage about 24 women accusing a guy of raping them.There has been no police report and no arrest.Just social media posts and yet the guys' photos have been pasted everywhere including Nairaland.If I were him,I would sue the blogs and forums for defamation

The stories meant to go to front page should be verified, all these rape cases are fake, the only real one is uwa's case

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by baiaon(m): 12:18pm On Jun 03, 2020
kongolo:
All Nigerian bloggers and the moderators on Nairaland care about is getting clicks which generates a profit for them.They do not care about the harmful consequences of their actions.Lalasticlacla has been pushing "rape" stories to the frontpage for the past 3days just for clicks.It is an absolute disgrace.There is a story on the frontPage about 24 women accusing a guy of raping them.There has been no police report and no arrest.Just social media posts and yet the guys' photos have been pasted everywhere including Nairaland.If I were him,I would sue the blogs and forums for defamation
It is embarassing.It is the wild west out here
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by dalass(f): 12:21pm On Jun 03, 2020
safarigirl:
Maybe she was dating multiple men

Maybe the man/men who raped her, were also abused as kids. They need therapy, not prison.

What about the young boys being raped by maids? Don't they deserve justice too?

Women are becoming something else, na everybody dem rape?

There are creatures supporting rapists on this site, and attacking people for calling the many MALE rapists that have been terrorizing women over the last week, and KILLING some. They will set ablaze a thief, but will come online to call rape victims liars and make excuses for rapists.

May her Soul Rest In Peace, I believe she is in a better place, away from rapists and their supporters. I am saddened by the gruesome way she died, because of these evil creatures, that have been protected by this vile society.

You are so right!

Some idiots were claiming Uwa was dating roommates...others said women entice them and then demonize men for now raping them... Like wtf!

To cover their evil track, rapists have included actually killing these innocent ones in gruesome ways...Who have we offended

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 03, 2020
What is really going on Rape n murder every where in Naija.. who unleashed these monsters? God help us embarassed
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by dalass(f): 12:22pm On Jun 03, 2020
Lightangel64:

The stories meant to go to front page should be verified, all these rape cases are fake, the only real one is uwa's case

Abeg... Just keep qwuayettt!!!

You can waka pass if you can't say something against rape... angry

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by uthlaw: 12:23pm On Jun 03, 2020
Nothing will be done,we only make noise on social medias!
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:23pm On Jun 03, 2020
sarahade:

You are very stupid. So if she is in her late 20s it makes the crime better or it changes the fact that a girl has just been raped and murdered.
If you have nothing reasonable to say just shut the f*ck up. Ignoramus oshi

Why raining abuses on me now angry

Didn't u see where I condemned the act

The later part was just my observation. I never supported the act. So apologize for the unjust insults.
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Lightangel64: 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2020
dalass:

Abeg... Just keep qwuayettt!!!

You can waka pass if you can't say something against rape... angry

You are a big f00l. This coments were made for reasonable people not idiots that dont reason before they talk..

It has already been confirmed that this case is fake, a blogger made it, so before opening your mouth to say how stupid you are do your research idiot. How does my comment support rape, anyone person cab form a story for views so the only topic to hit front page should be verified ones.
So stop being foolish

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by kongolo(m): 12:26pm On Jun 03, 2020
Lightangel64:

The stories meant to go to front page should be verified all these rape cases are fake, the only real one is uwa's case
They aren't.The moderators only care about clicks.Nairaland is buried in a sea of mediocrity
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Drizzy5001(m): 12:28pm On Jun 03, 2020
End time , who knows wether God might decide to end the world by December 2020..
Who knows better 2021 will exist sef , with the way evils and atrocities are been committed . cry
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by livebyday(m): 12:29pm On Jun 03, 2020
post=90260971:

The hijab-wearing Barakat Bello was allegedly murdered while she was struggling to resist rape.

All rapists should be sentenced to DEATH....after adequate and thorough investigation.

There should be no 2 ways about it.

This will deter some dogs from raping our girls....

The girl in Jigawa that experienced rape at the hands of 11 men on different occasions; did not do anything wrong. She did not dress in a revealing manner. In fact, she is just a 12-year-old girl. To those people looking for a reason to blame the victim, sorry, she did nothing wrong.

Furthermore, the gruesome rape and murder of Uwaila Omozuwa in a church shows that no place is indeed safe. No one can blame her for being at the wrong place. No one can blame for going to ‘his’ place at night. She was reading in a church. A place of refuge, a place she felt most secured. However, she underestimated the fact that a beast was lurking around. So sad.

The dastardly rape and brutal murder of Uwa has invalidated all claims and views about rape. How could she have prevented what happened?

If her parent had called that day and she told them she was reading in a church; they would have had no reason to be concerned. However, they got the worst news a parent could ever get. ‘Your daughter is dead, raped and killed in a bloody church.’

A girl/woman is constantly vulnerable to rape. As a toddler, she is at risk of rape from people most trusted by her parents. At the risk of family members or relatives raping her. In school, her teacher could be a beast in human form. Even her friend’s or boyfriend’s place is also a dangerous place?

So where is safe for her?

The truth is that a girl/woman should not be in constant fear. Everywhere and every place should be safe for her. She is not responsible for caging those perverts. That’s the job of society.

Maybe all men are potential rapists that need to undergo some sort of therapy. We owe it to our daughters, wives, and mothers to immediately commence a national awareness on rape. Organize therapy sessions to purge traits of rape in everyman.

Because the animals that perpetrate rape are not products of immaculate conception. Indeed, they are born by women, perhaps have female siblings, and maybe even female children (Lord have mercy).

Rape is indeed a pandemic, a never-ending pandemic.
According to a National Survey carried out in 2014 on Violence Against Children in Nigeria; it was confirmed that one in four females reported experiencing sexual violence in childhood; with approximately 70% reporting more than one incident of sexual violence.
In the same study, it was found that 24.8% of females aged 18 to 24 years experienced sexual abuse; prior to age 18 of which 5.0% sought help, with only 3.5% receiving any services.

These statistics are grim enough. Unfortunately, rape is under-reported. People, due to stigmatization don’t want to report rape. We have a justice system that makes reporting rape seems like adding extra burden on the victim. The same police that victims are supposed to report to allegedly raped sex workers with sachet water nylon in Abuja not too long ago.

Even at that, there is a need to have a system that can guarantee justice; for both the accused and the victim without destroying both in the process.

I understand that there is a national outrage in the wake of the sad incident involving Uwa. People are angry. Personally, I am livid. But the anger should be directed at creating a solution. Changing the existing legislation, awareness on rape and most importantly; everyone needs to create that safe environment for girls/women.

If you hear a troubling sound from your neighbour, knock on that door and ask questions. If you see a man or a boy getting too cozy with a little girl; poke your nose in the matter. In fact, your little “amebo” could help prevent rape or molestation.

Parents, take time to talk to your sons and male wards that a girl’s body is her absolute right with her total discretion on whom and when to give. Consent is hers to give and withdraw at will. In fact, she can give at first round and withdraw it at second. More so, she has the right to withdraw such consent in the middle of the action.

Also, parents, you should be your daughters’ confidant. Let her be able to talk to you. Father, sex talk with your daughter is not gross. Let her be able to talk to you.

There is nothing like settling it within the family. If punishing perpetrators of rape would shatter the family, then let it be. If the animal had thought about the family, he would not have done it.

As tempting as it is to talk about rape and molestation of boys also, I will refrain from it. Today is all about girls and women. The only hope would be that we would not have to wait until tragedy strikes again; before raising a voice.

False rape accusation

Creating a rape-free society as elucidated earlier involves getting everyone behind it. Most importantly men, not just because the main transgressors are of our gender. But because the victims are our siblings, mothers and children.

Also, we are vulnerable to false accusations. Creating a better justice system that will guarantee justice for victims in rape cases; will also help people facing false accusations.

This is not just a time for rage. It is a time to work in creating that system which works for all victims. The lack of a reliable system has made people turn to social media for settling or seeking justice on rape-related cases.

However, social media has shown that it is not equipped for the endeavour. As a court of opinion, yes, but a court of justice, no.

It is in everyone’s best interest to create a safe environment for our girls and women. But most importantly, on the rare occasion that some beat the safety net; there should be a place for swift and fair justice.
S.O

ALL OF US @ [/b] SAY NO TO RAPE over and over again!!

[b] And as we are SAYING NO TO RAPE, WE ALSO SAY NO TO FALSE ACCUSATIONS OF RAPE.
They are both as DANGEROUS as one another
!

angry
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Fredoallan: 12:29pm On Jun 03, 2020
Rapist on rampage. I still find it hard to understand wat pushes people to rape. Me I don’t even enjoy quikie talk more of forced sex. If you nor shower, make we gist, romance and Bleep, carry ur wahala Dey go. I nor dey
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by dalass(f): 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2020
Lightangel64:

You are a big f00l. This coments were made for reasonable people not idiots that dont reason before they talk..

It has already been confirmed that this case is fake, a blogger made it, so before opening your mouth to say how stupid you are do your research idiot

Your entire lineage are the biggest FOOLS cos they refused to train/ tame you to converse... .. Nincompoop and a big fat asshole! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Drizzy5001(m): 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2020
I pity young girls of these generation. To be a lady in this part of the world is becoming a crime And mistake.
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by tot(f): 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2020
rationalhuman:
When was the last time rather then relying on cheap whatasapp or Facebook post you updated yourself?
Why blaming Nigeria? Do you even know Sweden and Norway are the leaders? Honestly tell me even knew this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

This link you are posting to support your point is only up till 2011. We are in 2020.
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2020
There is no justification for rape.

Only an animal will force her/himself on a human being and violate them.

And girls should be more careful and more safety conscious. If you find yourself cornered by a potential molester, don't form tough girl. If you are unrestrained, run!! If you are restrained, use anything even your teeth. Bash his head in if you can.

Don't waste time insulting or attempting to slap a molester. Things can get uglier from there. Just run until you get to a safer place, especially where there are people. Abusing a molester in a place where it is just the two of you is nothing but suicidal.

Avoid deserted roads or paths even in the day.

Avoid visiting ex boyfriends who show up out of the blues.

In fact, visit boys with caution. Or let them do the visiting.

If a father can rape his own daughter, then who is a boyfriend? So, please, visit with caution.

Learn to fight or arm yourself with pepper spray.
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by rafcrown(m): 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2020
Murder
Kidnapping and ransom
Kidnapping and Murder
Yahoo Yahoo
Yahoo Yahoo Plus
Yahoo Yahoo Multiplication
Ritualists and Murder
Ritualists and body parts missing
One Chance gang
Cultists
Armed Robbery and Murder
Armed robbery and Personal Injuries
Armed Robbery and lost of valuables
1 million boys/Criminals
Armed bandits
Fulani 'Darandaran'/Criminals
Rapist
Rapist and Murder
To mention but a few.
They asked Late President Shagari about his major achievement. He said
PEACE. The nation was peaceful then.
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by olybaby50(m): 12:34pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tominix:
trim any rapist dick with hot scissors.
or SLIM FIT IT
My taught too cry cry
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by divineuk(m): 12:35pm On Jun 03, 2020
Why are they killing them at the end?
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 12:35pm On Jun 03, 2020
New law need to be made about rape.Death penalty.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Lightangel64: 12:35pm On Jun 03, 2020
tot:

This link you are posting to support your point is only up till 2011. We are in 2020.

That means the numbers will increase by 2020
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by tot(f): 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
Lightangel64:

That means the numbers will increase by 2020

That means the point he is making is not valid. He should look for current stats that reflect the current realities.
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by Tominix(m): 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
olybaby50:
My taught too cry cry
re you on 2go
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by loswhite(m): 12:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
Suddenly rape news is everywhere... This is the reason it will never be taking seriously
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by TerrorSquad147: 12:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
DominusPrime:
But are these men mad?!!! What is entering into our heads as men? This is sickening...

At this point I don't even care whether the police were able to get finger prints off a fire extinguisher and linked it to a bvn. If it wasn't done, now is the time to start. If it was done, we should have started decades ago. Either way, get prints off her body and run a bvn check on them...this animalistic behaviour must stop.
ask yourself the question cos not all men have rapey tendency like you undecided
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by purples25(f): 12:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
Guys should stop harassing and raping our ladies. Today, you wont let women rest because your d is up. Sharp sharp, pressuring, using all sorts of manipulative and deceptive means to get your way. Tomorrow you will be looking for virgins. Well, not really looking for virgins, but just to shame those who have had sex. Yet it is still you people that will complain when ladies close their legs and are not open for sex.

Before looking at the ladies, look at male culture. Look at how they celebrate using women, as if those women are not children of human beings too, as if they won't like to be married too, as if those girls you guys pestered and bothered don't want to remain virgins too. But you pressure for sex, or rape, and then you come back to shame the same women. You people should fear God.

I cry for this girl's fate. It is so sad. May she rest in peace.

STOP RAPING WOMEN!!
Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by rationalhuman(m): 12:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
Last week i was reading Report Published By United Nation 2018 (19-20 will be released next year)
Here is UN Source Link to download: https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/about-unodc/annual-report.html

Your statement were wrong because both India and Nigeria are among the least rape incident occurring countries.

anything else?
tot:

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan by tot(f): 12:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
rationalhuman:
Last week i was reading Report Published By United Nation 2018 (19-20 will be released next year)
Here is UN Source Link to download: https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/about-unodc/annual-report.html

Your statement were wrong because both India and Nigeria are among the least rape incident occurring countries.

anything else?

For a country like Nigeria where we don't keep track or statistics of crimes, you expect me to take a UN link as the reflection of the true situation of things in Nigeria? When we have a database and open records & statistics, then we can actually see where we stand.

For a borough in the UK, you can view the crime stats for different categories of crimes. Please share where similar info can be viewed in NIGERIA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) / Woman Who Set Husband Ablaze Commits Suicide / Friends Of Jennifer Ugadu Mourn Her, After She Was Raped To Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.