Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

"It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam (893 Views)

GOD won't strike Born Again with the Plague. / Here Is The Reason My God Won't Lift The Corona Plague From The World. / The Trininty Doctrine Is A Lie-God Is Not Three Persons! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
Primate Elijah Ayodele, the leader of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church has Blasted Prophet T.B Joshua and Pastor Sam Adeyemi on their Stance on reopening of Churches.

Don't forget that the government on Monday lifted the bam on religious gatherings but despite the directive, Prophet T.B Joshua said he would only open his church when he 'hears from God' and Pastor Sam Adeyemi is against the reopening likewise.

Primate Ayodele said God would not request for his house to be closed down adding the he is highly disappointed in those calling themselves men of God.

He said, "I'm disappointed in pastors like T.B Joshua, Sam Adeyemi and others who say they are waiting on God to tell them when to open churches, it's a lie, God can't say you should shut the church down, even if you claimed to have seen a vision, you need to ask for preventive measures... God can never ask anyone to stop his work but pastors are using cov¡d-19 to lie".

https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=86b4bf46b2181ec5669665958a33cf98&news_entry_id=s74abb180200603en_ng&open_type=transcoded&request_id=HOME_PAGE_391ffc96-8b49-4951-a25c-83ef9dcd4eea&from=opera

Re: "It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam by Numero9: 3:48pm On Jun 03, 2020
Church business can wait to reopen ooo.
Re: "It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam by yomi96(m): 3:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
Its a dog eat dog fight.
Re: "It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam by Freestainworld(m): 3:52pm On Jun 03, 2020
one of the major problems of Nigeria, religion.

1 Like

Re: "It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam by VictorJoshua(m): 3:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
I just want to make a short submission. The primate was reported to have said that God wouldn't want his house to be closed down... My question here is 'what is the house of God?' That building? I don't think so. As far as I'm concerned the scripture that says do not forsake the gathering of the brethren has not been violated in the various quarters of the nation. In the book of Acts during the first revival, how many fellowship centres were recorded? Let's not lose sight of the most important things while arguing trivial matters.

3 Likes

Re: "It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam by BackllGodNaija: 4:03pm On Jun 03, 2020
Are you saying that God's work stopped when the churches were closed?

This is what God's work is:

Mark 16:15

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: "It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam by RiyadhGoddess(f): 4:31pm On Jun 03, 2020
Uhmmm

Read my signature and let's talk business
Re: "It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam by Myk1234: 2:35am On Jul 09, 2020
VictorJoshua:
I just want to make a short submission. The primate was reported to have said that God wouldn't want his house to be closed down... My question here is 'what is the house of God?' That building? I don't think so. As far as I'm concerned the scripture that says do not forsake the gathering of the brethren has not been violated in the various quarters of the nation. In the book of Acts during the first revival, how many fellowship centres were recorded? Let's not lose sight of the most important things while arguing trivial matters.
There were many fellowship centres, plenty, mostly concentrated in people's houses. In fact the Bible says they met daily in the temple (Acts 2:46;5:42)

1 Like

Re: "It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam by Myk1234: 2:45am On Jul 09, 2020
BackllGodNaija:

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

God bless Nigeria.
What you quoted above is only a part. Read Eph.4:11-13 " And He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: "

1 Like

Re: "It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam by Kobojunkie: 3:05am On Jul 09, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
God bless Nigeria.
That is not what God's work is. The work He has for all His followers is the work of righteousness. What is righteousness?
Remember some of the blessings of the New Covenant, Jesus Christ...

Matthew 5 vs 2-11 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:
3. “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
6. “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
10. “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

From the above, we know that those who are poor in spirt, and those who are persecuted for righteousness sake, are the ones who will have the Kingdom of God. He did not say, "Blessed are those who are persecuted for preaching the word", but instead "Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven"

Fast forward to where Jesus Christ in fact tells of those who will inherit the Kingdom of Heaven.

Matthew 25 vs 31-40 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31. “The Son of Man will come again with divine greatness, and all his angels will come with him. He will sit as king on his great and glorious throne.
32. All the people of the world will be gathered before him. Then he will separate everyone into two groups. It will be like a shepherd separating his sheep from his goats.
33. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34. “Then the king will say to the godly people on his right, ‘Come, my Father has great blessings for you. The kingdom he promised is now yours. It has been prepared for you since the world was made.
35. It is yours because when I was hungry, you gave me food to eat. When I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I had no place to stay, you welcomed me into your home.
36. When I was without clothes, you gave me something to wear. When I was sick, you cared for me. When I was in prison, you came to visit me.’
37. “Then the godly people will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and give you food? When did we see you thirsty and give you something to drink?
38. When did we see you with no place to stay and welcome you into our home? When did we see you without clothes and give you something to wear?
39. When did we see you sick or in prison and care for you?’
40. “Then the king will answer, ‘The truth is, anything you did for any of my people here,[b] you also did for me.’

Note what the Sheep who inherited Heaven, in fact, have to show for their work? The Sheep of God are not those who preached to the world, no, they are those who did works of righteousness. Yes, that is the work God has called His own to.
So it is good to ask oneself, "Are you a Sheep or a Goat?"
Re: "It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam by BackllGodNaija: 12:09pm On Jul 09, 2020
Myk1234:

What you quoted above is only a part. Read Eph.4:11-13 " And He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: "
Wrong. That's not just a part but the bottom line.. Once you miss that, you get everything wrong. All those things you're adding are just excuses men give to justify preaching something else and not the gospel... As long as the gospel is preached...but once it is not, whether you like call yourself pastors oh, prophets oh, teachers oh, evangelists oh, you've totally missed the mark. The title is inconsequential...it's all about preaching of the gospel. Thanks
Re: "It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam by Myk1234: 4:28am On Jul 10, 2020
You mean the gospel of salvation. No doubt, the above gospel is the foundation of every believer's walk with God. But it is only the beginning of a process. If it was all, then you have no need going to the gathering of the brethren. Okay, why then do you go to Church? Why do we have foundation classes for young believers? Why then do we have epistles written severally to those who WERE ALREADY SAVED by Paul, the apostle? Meanwhile, what do you say about Matt.28:18-20, Acts 2:41-42;11:26;28:31 ? Were those teachings all the gospel of salvation?
Re: "It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam by Kobojunkie: 5:05am On Jul 10, 2020
Myk1234:
You mean the gospel of salvation. No doubt, the above gospel is the foundation of every believer's walk with God. But it is only the beginning of a process. If it was all, then you have no need going to the gathering of the brethren. Okay, why then do you go to Church?
First of all, did God lie when He said the following:

Isaiah 66 vs1
1. This is what the Lord says:“ Heaven is my throne,and the earth is where I rest my feet. So do you think you can build a house for me? Do I need a place to rest?
2. I am the one who made all things. They are all here because I made them,” says the Lord. “These are the people I care for: the poor, humble people who obey my commands.
I ask this because your post already assumes that the world's church buildings are to somehow be associated with Jesus Christ. But from Scripture, we know that Jesus Christ never commanded His followers to build Him or God's houses on earth.
In his address to the Sanhedrins, Stephen had the following to say about this...

Stephen's Address to the Sanhedrin
Acts 7 vs 48
48. However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:
49. ‘Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool. What kind of house will you build for Me, says the Lord, or where will My place of repose be?…

Even Paul had this to write on the very same...

2 Corinthians 5:1
1. Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is dismantled, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.

Of course, Jesus never preached any message contrary to that already established by God Himself, so where do the world's churches fit into Jesus Christ's message? undecided
Myk1234:
Why do we have foundation classes for young believers?
Jesus Christ sent His disciples out to preach the gospel to those who are unsaved, not set up classes to teach anything.

Matthew 11 vs 27-30 (ESV)
27. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
28. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
If the good news were preached exactly as Jesus Christ taught it, especially in this day and age, I see no reason why any person would need to, after getting born again, need such things as "foundation classes" because once the Spirit of God takes over, He becomes the ONLY teacher ...

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
The idea for your "foundational classes" does not come from Jesus Christ, our ONLY teacher. undecided
Myk1234:
Why then do we have epistles written severally to those who WERE ALREADY SAVED by Paul, the apostle?
Good question! Paul is not the truth of God... Jesus Christ is. Paul is not the savior and path to the Father, Jesus Christ is. But many have chosen instead to abandon the commandments of Jesus Christ to follow Paul's writings as teachings as if by doing so they can get around obeying the commandments of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant agreement that God has made for us.

It is not by my belief that Paul intended for his letters to be used in such a way, but those I like to call Paulians have selected to set Paul's letters up as doctrinal truths, abandoning the very teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, in the process.
Myk1234:
Meanwhile, what do you say about Matt.28:18-20, Acts 2:41-42;11:26;28:31 ? Were those teachings all the gospel of salvation?
Every person who aspires to become a follower of Jesus Christ or claims to be ought to have their focus solely on the words and teachings of Jesus Christ's
The new Covenant that you are looking for is not the disciples/apostles of Jesus Christ, but Jesus Christ Himself, and His word is the Truth you seek. Only by obeying His commandments will you be born again and enjoy the seal that is the Spirit of God, the only teacher for those who follow Jesus Christ.

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for a better understanding of what is impacted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam by Myk1234: 10:33am On Jul 10, 2020
Kobojunkie
~No argument, the Church of God is not a building but a GATHERING of believers. There is no church in any locality without a gathering whether in family houses or in a halls or massive buildings. The building is not the church, but people gathering there, as far as they are believers and gather in the name of Jesus, they are the Church. It becomes an error when more attention or focus is now on the CHURCH BUILDING, AND NOT THE CHURCH. Read your Bible
...And they, continuing DAILY with one accord in the temple... (Acts 2:46) in other words, GATHERED daily...
...And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved (Acts 2:47) added to the church (gathering of believers), not an imaginary or invisible group of persons
~ You stood against the epistles, saying you stand only with the words of Jesus. Please, who preached the gospel to you? Jesus or believers? Or you just became born again without anyone preaching the gospel to you? Who were the apostles and early disciples following? Satan?
Re: "It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam by Myk1234: 11:45am On Jul 10, 2020
Who was leading them in the things they were doing? You spoke against them, yet quoted them. Again, please who is the author of the Scripture? Who inspired it?
* You said Jesus sent His disciples to preach only the gospel of salvation.That's half truth and it's dangerous. What do you say about Matt. 28:18-20...making disciples of all nation and teaching them to observe all that I have taught you (NKJV)
Acts 2:41-42
41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 

Acts 11:19-26....26 verse of emphasis

*You said that foundation classes are not needed. Did Jesus send the disciples out immediately to preach after He chose them? If not,why? Why did He not send them immediately?

Read the Bible texts above AGAIN

* You said that Jesus is your only teacher. Who then taught through the apostles and disciples? Spirit of Christ or that of antiChrist.
*No doubt,Paul is not the truth of God.But who was he representing? Himself or Christ?....follow me as I follow Christ (1 Cor.11:1)
*You are biased and imbalanced to choose some parts of the Scripture and leave out the rest. Even Jesus quoted copiously from the old testament during His ministry on earth. And don't forget that ALL SCRIPTURE WERE INSPIRED BY THE HOLY GHOST...ALL (2 TIM.3:16) What do you say about these texts:
 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. Luke 24:25-27,44-45
  39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, John 5:39

All scripture points to Jesus. Until you gain that revelation, you will never know that ALL SCRIPTURE ARE NEEDED...Not some...All
Re: "It's A Lie, God Won't Say That", Primate Ayodele Blasts T.B Joshua And Pst Sam by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Jul 10, 2020
Myk1234:

Kobojunkie
~No argument, the Church of God is not a building but a GATHERING of believers. There is no church in any locality without a gathering whether in family houses or in a halls or massive buildings. The building is not the church, but people gathering there, as far as they are believers and gather in the name of Jesus, they are the Church. It becomes an error when more attention or focus is now on the CHURCH BUILDING, AND NOT THE CHURCH. Read your Bible
How many people who attend churches all around the world know that the building means absolutely nothing to God? undecided

Do the many world churches organizations that spend massive amounts on construction of massive and outlandish structures they call "the house of God", rather that using said resources to pursue righteousness the true work God has for all His followers, know this truth too? undecided
Myk1234:

...And they, continuing DAILY with one accord in the temple... (Acts 2:46) in other words, GATHERED daily...
The temple was where they gathered to preach to the jews of the time, not to stroke their own egos or sit around listening to themselves speak or teach as is done in church buildings across the world today.

The apostles dared not have such meetings within the temple walls as they would have been stoned to death en masse.
Myk1234:

...And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved (Acts 2:47) added to the church (gathering of believers), not an imaginary or invisible group of persons
sure, as they preached to the jews in the temple, God added to their numbers, but again note they were not sitting around as you have in your churches today. The church referred there to all the followers of Jesus in Jerusalem at the time.
Myk1234:

~ You stood against the epistles, saying you stand only with the words of Jesus. Please, who preached the gospel to you? Jesus or believers?
Jesus Himself did this job.
Myk1234:

Or you just became born again without anyone preaching the gospel
Yes!
Myk1234:

Who were the apostles and early disciples following? Satan?
They were followers of Jesus Christ. Nonetheless, the one we follow is Jesus Christ and not His apostles.
I read the letters of John, James, Peter,Jude and Paul, simply to compare experiences with those who I know walked with Jesus Christ and experienced life in the first century.
I don't reach them as teachings sincr my only teacher is Jesus Christ whose teachings are revealed to me through His Spirit living inside of all who are followers of Jesus Christ.

Some weeks ago, someone asked what it meant to pray in the Spirit. I had read of this before but didn't pay much attention until the question came. I could have done what most do, and that is make up answers, or simply repeat what Paul wrote on the phenomena.
Instead what I did was ask the Spirit of God Himself to teach me how to pray in the Spirit. Less than a minute later, i started groaning uncontrollably. I had experienced that before but didnt think to link it to the Spirit of God until that particular day.
I was then able to properly respond to the question asked using my own experience, which I got directly from the teacher, and not simply from quoting another.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Be Still; Do Not Panic. His power in you cannot be stolen, hindered or channe... / Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? / Interfaith Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.