Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,956 members, 7,848,882 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:29 AM

Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? (1848 Views)

Fact Check: Did Queen Elizabeth II Throw Food To African Kids In Viral Video? / Will Democrats Apologize To Trump Over Russiagate? / Esther Passaris' Transparent Outfit: Refuses To Apologize "My Husband Bought It" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
AAEEI:

Where did you read that Igbos are the highest slaves from Africa?

You've changed it
Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by OyinbowithaTan(m): 4:40am On Jun 05, 2020
Should Africans Apologize to African Americans?
No, that is insane.
Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by OyinbowithaTan(m): 4:42am On Jun 05, 2020
AAEEI:

BECAUSE you sold them to White people. Did you read the article at all?
The person you quoted never sold anyone as best we know. Why would you say that.
Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by AkataWoman: 9:32am On Jun 05, 2020
dasparrow:

Who is "you"?
No African that actively took part in the slave trade is alive today. Some African tribes took part in selling their fellow Africans to the whites and those tribes know themselves. Even within those tribes, it is the traditional leaders or rulers of those tribes that mostly engaged in the selling of their fellow Africans to the whites.

I am sick and tired of being accused of something that neither I nor my parents, grandparents, great grandparents or tribe took part of. What am I apologizing for when my hands are clean and guilt free?

The white Americans that have been maltreating, oppressing, lynching and killing these black Americans for ages, have black Americans demanded an apology from them? I guess they can't because they are scared of what white Americans will do to them should they demand for an apology from the whites. Instead, they prefer to pick on Africans instead.

What will an apology from Africans do for Black Americans? Will it stop white Americans in police uniform from unjustly killing them further? Will an apology from Africans correct institutionalized racism in America? Will it stop white Americans from being racists towards black people in America? Will an apology correct all the wrong white Americans have ever done to black Americans?

I think that those African tribes who took part in the selling of their fellow Africans to the whites back then should apologize to black Americans but those of us who come from tribes that did not actively partake in the selling of enslaved Africans should not have to apologize for something we did not do.

Ghana has been kind enough to allow black Americans who desire to move back to Africa to move to Ghana. So what else do black Americans want? Is it Africans that are lynching black Americans in the United States? Was it an African who killed George Floyd? Is it Africans that are giving long prison terms to black Americans for petty crimes black Americans committed?

Bottom line, I will NOT be apologizing for something I nor my ancestors did not do. Anybody who doesn't like it can locate the nearest transformer and hug it.

Black Americans are afraid to say anything to Whites?? The same black Americans that fought for and won our equal rights? Actually we have and received several official apologies.

For the record: We didn’t ask for one from Africans. An African wrote his musings in an article. If anything I thank Africans. Without your ancestors being such inhumane animals I’d be in your situation now. No thank you!

Oh yeah. Kiss my black American ass.
Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by AkataWoman: 9:35am On Jun 05, 2020
AfricaUnited:

Ghana is already doing that. Nigeria should follow suit. It does not mean they will come and leave here permanently. But having a second passport will be good for them, just in case. Ghana is already showing remorse.

Ghana is showing a good plan to increase tourism and to get black American dollars.

Why didn’t they apologize to Haitians, Jamaicans, Caribbean’s?

1 Like

Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by AkataWoman: 9:41am On Jun 05, 2020
Kazim88:
African Americans have this terrible entitlement and irresponsible mentality.

They keep looking for who to blame, it's their culture.

Most African Americans don't understand 1 bit of living in Africa or Nigeria, many of them think Africa is bush, wildlife country.

They failed to educate themselves, Drug dealing is normal in their slums...

African Americans must stop giving excuses and live their lives and realized that racism and police brutality in the US is nothing but child's play compare to that of any Africa country.

Perhaps, they should better relocate to Mars or Pluto where paraventure they would be no discrimination because if you come back to Nigeria and speak "Yo men, nigga"... Sars officers would shot you, nothing will happen... No Protest.

Lastly, about the apology request, if we start requesting apologize based on entitlement mentality... Even my parents would apologize to me for giving birth to me in Nigeria...
Every one that vote in Buhari will also apologize...
African Americans would also apologize for living in US and NOT sending us dollars, very disappointing... grin
Drug dealing is normal in all slums. Including the ones in Nigeria. Most African immigrants in most countries are drug dealers. Black Americans don’t have a reputation for peddling drugs to other people’s countries or being illegal immigrants.

The great news about black Americans is that the majority of us do not live in slums.

Many of us know that police brutality is child’s play compared to Nigeria. But the irony in you calling us lovers of the victim mentality is that we don’t sit on our asses and just play victim to the abuse. We stand up! And the whole world is standing with us.
Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by AkataWoman: 9:44am On Jun 05, 2020
Kidakudz5:
Who akata help?

We helped you come to America by protesting on your behalf when our government considered Africans too uncivilized.

More importantly we help ourselves without having to scam others.

1 Like

Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by chrisagyei: 10:16am On Jun 05, 2020
AkataWoman:

Black Americans are afraid to say anything to Whites?? The same black Americans that fought for and won our equal rights? Actually we have and received several official apologies.

For the record: We didn’t ask for one from Africans. An African wrote his musings in an article. If anything I thank Africans. Without your ancestors being such inhumane animals I’d be in your situation now. No thank you!

Oh yeah. Kiss my black American ass.
lol,you African Americans are very funny. You're barely 45 million population compared to Africa with a 1.2 billion population so never compare yourself to Africa and think you're well off by being sold as slaves.You have been marginalized for 400 years,have the largest poverty numbers in America, highest maternal and child death rate,least educated, most jailed race,etc in the US with a population barely 15% of the total population in the USA.

I can bet you that Nigeria alone with a population of 200 million people have more than 50 million people being well off than all black Americans put together much more the rest of Africa. Go to South Africa and see the little difference between South Africa and Europe in terms of development.Mauritius,Botswana,South Africa, Namibia,Seychelles, etc have visa free passports to the USA,England and Europe and these are African countries doing very well.Do you know the number of massive African corporations. MTN alone is richer than any black American business.

Listen,Africa has it's sovereignty,resources,laws, seat at the UN and freedom that you guys will ever dream of.There are more Nigerian graduates and doctors in America than black American graduates and doctors. Nigerians in America alone remits 25 billion dollars to Nigeria yearly whilst Ghanaians in America remits 4 billion dollars yearly. Population of Africans in Europe and America are more than triple the population of African Americans and all mini island Carribean nations put together. Check the forbes top ten richest blacks worldwide and Dangote amd Africans dominate that list.Opera your richest African American won't make top ten richest in Nigeria. A Nigerian and Angolan and other Africans top richest black women in the world.

So black Americans are no competition for Africa. Upon all our plight we doing better than all black Americans even in America. You guys need to wise up and patner with Africa the giant if you want to be free.In America, US are scared to marginalize or hate on Indian Americans or Chinese Americans or arab Americans because of their giant governments in China,India and gulf nations buh they know African government are not good of friends with black Americans with no relationship so they marginalize and maltreat you anyhow. You guys have no where to go or no one to back you.

How many times have you heard Ghanaian Americans,Nigerian Americans, Egyptian Americans, South African Americans Kenyan Americans, etc scream injustice or being stigmatized because American authorities know they have to answer to their respective governments and can lead to diplomatic crisis leading to trade crisis .Recently when China discriminated against some Africans who refused to get tested for corona had their ambassadors recalled and questioned and hundreds of Chinese deported back to China as revenge and that made the Chinese president to come out and apologize and promised to end the tensions.South Africa, Kenya,Nigeria,etc had to charter emergency flights to repatriate their citizens from China after the incidence.
Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by Minxie(f): 10:49am On Jun 05, 2020
I admire and support African Americans in their cause. We are fighting to change the system here too. We must support each other to decolonize the system. I for one am sorry that we have failed black people on this continent and abroad.

1 Like

Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by Kazim88: 12:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
@akatawoman

Relax, take a chill pill. Africans did not sell your ancestors...

It was slave trade era, as usual they would be very few corrupt individuals with zero morality that would ignorantly aid and abet the white slave traders.

But it's all in the past, over 300 years and accounting.
Nature and Karma have definitely pay everyone involved in their own coin.

So hating and transferring aggression to "Africans" is kind of funny and Off.

If you know the person that sold your great great great grand father, like Joseph you meant to make sure that person doesn't die hungry, it wise to pay Good with evil.

But ironically you don't even know your great great great great grand parents talk less of the person that sold him...
Maybe your ancestors were not slaves, perhaps he was an immigrant....

In all in all, Africans are not your enemy, African did not sell you... Nor your imaginary ancestors.
Life happened and you have to move on.
Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by compton11(m): 3:09pm On Jun 05, 2020
then who is going to apologize for The one that the whites actually kidnapped?
Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by AkataWoman: 3:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
chrisagyei:
lol,you African Americans are very funny. You're barely 45 million population compared to Africa with a 1.2 billion population so never compare yourself to Africa and think you're well off by being sold as slaves.You have been marginalized for 400 years,have the largest poverty numbers in America, highest maternal and child death rate,least educated, most jailed race,etc in the US with a population barely 15% of the total population in the USA.

I can bet you that Nigeria alone with a population of 200 million people have more than 50 million people being well off than all black Americans put together much more the rest of Africa. Go to South Africa and see the little difference between South Africa and Europe in terms of development.Mauritius,Botswana,South Africa, Namibia,Seychelles, etc have visa free passports to the USA,England and Europe and these are African countries doing very well.Do you know the number of massive African corporations. MTN alone is richer than any black American business.

Listen,Africa has it's sovereignty,resources,laws, seat at the UN and freedom that you guys will ever dream of.There are more Nigerian graduates and doctors in America than black American graduates and doctors. Nigerians in America alone remits 25 billion dollars to Nigeria yearly whilst Ghanaians in America remits 4 billion dollars yearly. Population of Africans in Europe and America are more than triple the population of African Americans and all mini island Carribean nations put together. Check the forbes top ten richest blacks worldwide and Dangote amd Africans dominate that list.Opera your richest African American won't make top ten richest in Nigeria. A Nigerian and Angolan and other Africans top richest black women in the world.

So black Americans are no competition for Africa. Upon all our plight we doing better than all black Americans even in America. You guys need to wise up and patner with Africa the giant if you want to be free.In America, US are scared to marginalize or hate on Indian Americans or Chinese Americans or arab Americans because of their giant governments in China,India and gulf nations buh they know African government are not good of friends with black Americans with no relationship so they marginalize and maltreat you anyhow. You guys have no where to go or no one to back you.

How many times have you heard Ghanaian Americans,Nigerian Americans, Egyptian Americans, South African Americans Kenyan Americans, etc scream injustice or being stigmatized because American authorities know they have to answer to their respective governments and can lead to diplomatic crisis leading to trade crisis .Recently when China discriminated against some Africans who refused to get tested for corona had their ambassadors recalled and questioned and hundreds of Chinese deported back to China as revenge and that made the Chinese president to come out and apologize and promised to end the tensions.South Africa, Kenya,Nigeria,etc had to charter emergency flights to repatriate their citizens from China after the incidence.

You're ridiculous.

There's a reason you're LITERALLY risking your lives to get to America and leech off the benefits we worked hard for. And it's NOT because you're so much better off.

And with all of the vomit you spewed, black Americans are the only respected black group in the world. We're so widely respected THE ENTIRE WORLD came out to protest in support of us. Your police treat you so much worse on the continent but no one knows or cares.

You'll never hear Nigerian "Americans", Ghanian "Americans" etc (here we just call them immigrants but I know how important being linked to America is to you guys. You'd kill for that blue passport) scream anything because 1-Your asses don't want to be kicked out of the countries you did not build. And 2-You know no one gives a damn about your screams.

Black Americans have been marginalized for 400 years? You've been marginalized for 400 BILLION. By your own people. AND the entire WORLD.

Go away.
Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by AkataWoman: 3:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
Kazim88:
@akatawoman

Relax, take a chill pill. Africans did not sell your ancestors...

It was slave trade era, as usual they would be very few corrupt individuals with zero morality that would ignorantly aid and abet the white slave traders.

But it's all in the past, over 300 years and accounting.
Nature and Karma have definitely pay everyone involved in their own coin.

So hating and transferring aggression to "Africans" is kind of funny and Off.

If you know the person that sold your great great great grand father, like Joseph you meant to make sure that person doesn't die hungry, it wise to pay Good with evil.

But ironically you don't even know your great great great great grand parents talk less of the person that sold him...
Maybe your ancestors were not slaves, perhaps he was an immigrant....

In all in all, Africans are not your enemy, African did not sell you... Nor your imaginary ancestors.
Life happened and you have to move on.

You're telling ME to move on? I hold no ill-will about the sins of Africa's past. I THANK GOD I'm an American and not struggling on the continent. Most black Americans don't care about Africans selling Africans-something you continue to do till this day. We consider that your problem-not ours. We definitely got the last laugh on that one.

I don't see Africans as our enemy. No black American does. However, some of us do take issue with the attitudes and behaviors exhibited by SOME Africans in America. And it's not just black Americans. ALL countries have issues with African immigrants, so black Americans should not be singled out as having a problem with you guys. The vast majority of black Americans either 1-consider you long-lost family members 2-don't think about you EVER because we hardly ever cross paths with you in real life or 3-dislike Africans based on the behaviors of a few we encounter.

But there is no overarching dislike for Africans because of the slave trade.
Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by Kazim88: 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2020
AkataWoman:

You're telling ME to move on? I hold no ill-will about the sins of Africa's past. I THANK GOD I'm an American and not struggling on the continent. Most black Americans don't care about Africans selling Africans-something you continue to do till this day. We consider that your problem-not ours. We definitely got the last laugh on that one.

I don't see Africans as our enemy. No black American does. However, some of us do take issue with the attitudes and behaviors exhibited by SOME Africans in America. And it's not just black Americans. ALL countries have issues with African immigrants, so black Americans should not be singled out as having a problem with you guys. The vast majority of black Americans either 1-consider you long-lost family members 2-don't think about you EVER because we hardly ever cross paths with you in real life or 3-dislike Africans based on the behaviors of a few we encounter.

But there is no overarching dislike for Africans because of the slave trade.

Black (Nigerians, Black Americans, hiatians all blacks) naturally have terrible character.

It only a minute few that have grown above that behavior and refined themselves.

So being an American doesn't make you better off or worst off. Black communities in America and UK are terrible places to live in compare to White neighborhood same also in South Africa.

Lastly, that "sin of Africa past", you are also guilty... If you think Africa is guilty for engaging in slave trade, you are of Africa decent, you also very very guilty. Ask any lawyer.

I would advice you again, you never choose to be born a black woman, you deserve the right to live and face your own errors not the sins of Africa.

Lastly you can't win e-war with Nigerians... Infact Nigerians would make you feel really bad that you are an African American...
And nothing you tell them will get to them, they have zero emotions. Stay safe.

2 Likes

Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by Cousin9999: 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
No.
Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by Cousin9999: 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
America needs to apologize to African Americans by handing over 4 US states and reparations in multiple forms to develop those states into fully-functioning, independent nation-states. They should also provide military resources to clear whites and others off the land.

1 Like

Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by Kidakudz5: 4:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
AkataWoman:

We helped you come to America by protesting on your behalf when our government considered Africans too uncivilized.

More importantly we help ourselves without having to scam others.
shutup and get out of my sight
Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by chrisagyei: 4:39pm On Jun 05, 2020
AkataWoman:

You're ridiculous.

There's a reason you're LITERALLY risking your lives to get to America and leech off the benefits we worked hard for. And it's NOT because you're so much better off.

And with all of the vomit you spewed, black Americans are the only respected black group in the world. We're so widely respected THE ENTIRE WORLD came out to protest in support of us. Your police treat you so much worse on the continent but no one knows or cares.

You'll never hear Nigerian "Americans", Ghanian "Americans" etc (here we just call them immigrants but I know how important being linked to America is to you guys. You'd kill for that blue passport) scream anything because 1-Your asses don't want to be kicked out of the countries you did not build. And 2-You know no one gives a damn about your screams.

Black Americans have been marginalized for 400 years? You've been marginalized for 400 BILLION. By your own people. AND the entire WORLD.

Go away.
well,firstly, let's make this clear,we sold you guys off maybe not intentionally and tell me who respects black Americans. You guys are potrayed as gangsters,hoes,drug peddlers, crime infested communities, etc and you have nobody to run to .You have no representatives,no police, no independent justice or court. Even in Somalia or Yemen they have their own sovereignty, government, police,laws.Do you know what it means.It means managing your own Affairs. Freedom which you will never achieve.

Millions of Ghanaians, Nigerians,Africans etc own that passport or citizenship just because they are born in that concrete jungle.Listen woman,Your masa have embassies all around Africa and issue visas everyday. Just live 5 years or get born in the us and automatically they are on the same level as you.Thousands are even given scholarships yearly in Africa and sponsored by the US government to study over there.Its not a big deal to be an American or go to America besides America can't even handle 1 billion people forcing themselves into America so know that just a little percentage of Africans try getting to the states some for holidays, business trips,etc and they're allowed. 1.2 billion population is not a joke.

Tell me why more blacks make up the illiterate population, poverty population, murdered population, jailed population and everything negative population in the US.It took a Kenyan mixed with white blood to become your first black president. Africans are giants and you guys are minions who just love the slave plantations and work your ass off for masa who ends up killing you.You guys are a joke.What do you mean the whole world. You think white Europe or asians or arabs cares about your black azz.Its black Europeans, black Africans, black asians who are leading protest worldwide for Floyd and i won't insult any black American because if you self hate for your ancestors. not all African Americans think like you.

You think your ancestors who was stolen to America to work as slaves had no children, mothers,siblings or fathers they left behind in Africa who growing up currently. Who marginalize Africa cos Africa has it's sovereignty which is the most important. The fact that some of our leaders are corrupt which is everywhere even in Europe doesn't mean they're untouchable. In Ghana, over 6 different governments have been overthrowned and no country came to question us.We do what we want cos it's our country. Search top ten largest black owned companies and richest blacks and see only Africans top the list .You guys can't even speak for your poor souls.Don't worry papa Africa will come to save his children when we ready,until then,hold on tight.

1 Like

Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by osystein(m): 5:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
Give them their own country or state in the US or Africa, being a minority for ever isn't good for ones mental health.
Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by AkataWoman: 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2020
Kazim88:

Black (Nigerians, Black Americans, hiatians all blacks) naturally have terrible character.

It only a minute few that have grown above that behavior and refined themselves.

So being an American doesn't make you better off or worst off. Black communities in America and UK are terrible places to live in compare to White neighborhood same also in South Africa.

Lastly, that "sin of Africa past", you are also guilty... If you think Africa is guilty for engaging in slave trade, you are of Africa decent, you also very very guilty. Ask any lawyer.

I would advice you again, you never choose to be born a black woman, you deserve the right to live and face your own errors not the sins of Africa.

Lastly you can't win e-war with Nigerians... Infact Nigerians would make you feel really bad that you are an African American...
And nothing you tell them will get to them, they have zero emotions. Stay safe.

The white worship in Nigeria/Africa is unbelievable to me. "Blacks naturally have terrible character?" Even if you don't know history, we've seen more than enough inhumane behavior from white people in America in the last month alone to prove that character is not a race thing but an individual one. I want to believe you're really some white agent of division but I know how terribly infatuated with white people many Africans are. I guess that comes from not being raised next door to them, going to school, working and interacting with them on some many different levels. We don't put them on a pedestal over here. They're our neighbors, co-workers, etc. We don't see them as saviors. Furthermore, black Americans are not known for illegally barging into countries and committing crimes all over the world.

Nigerians can try it, but they have absolutely nothing they can use against black Americans. Many of us have zero emotions online. I don't think Nigerians want to try me.

1 Like

Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by AkataWoman: 6:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
chrisagyei:
well,firstly, let's make this clear,we sold you guys off maybe not intentionally and tell me who respects black Americans. You guys are potrayed as gangsters,hoes,drug peddlers, crime infested communities, etc and you have nobody to run to .You have no representatives,no police, no independent justice or court. Even in Somalia or Yemen they have their own sovereignty, government, police,laws.Do you know what it means.It means managing your own Affairs. Freedom which you will never achieve.

Millions of Ghanaians, Nigerians,Africans etc own that passport or citizenship just because they are born in that concrete jungle.Listen woman,Your masa have embassies all around Africa and issue visas everyday. Just live 5 years or get born in the us and automatically they are on the same level as you.Thousands are even given scholarships yearly in Africa and sponsored by the US government to study over there.Its not a big deal to be an American or go to America besides America can't even handle 1 billion people forcing themselves into America so know that just a little percentage of Africans try getting to the states some for holidays, business trips,etc and they're allowed. 1.2 billion population is not a joke.

Tell me why more blacks make up the illiterate population, poverty population, murdered population, jailed population and everything negative population in the US.It took a Kenyan mixed with white blood to become your first black president. Africans are giants and you guys are minions who just love the slave plantations and work your ass off for masa who ends up killing you.You guys are a joke.What do you mean the whole world. You think white Europe or asians or arabs cares about your black azz.Its black Europeans, black Africans, black asians who are leading protest worldwide for Floyd and i won't insult any black American because if you self hate for your ancestors. not all African Americans think like you.

You think your ancestors who was stolen to America to work as slaves had no children, mothers,siblings or fathers they left behind in Africa who growing up currently. Who marginalize Africa cos Africa has it's sovereignty which is the most important. The fact that some of our leaders are corrupt which is everywhere even in Europe doesn't mean they're untouchable. In Ghana, over 6 different governments have been overthrowned and no country came to question us.We do what we want cos it's our country. Search top ten largest black owned companies and richest blacks and see only Africans top the list .You guys can't even speak for your poor souls.Don't worry papa Africa will come to save his children when we ready,until then,hold on tight.

No one respects black Americans? Did you really say that at a time when THE WORLD is standing up saying BLACK LIVES MATTER based on the lives of Black Americans? They are literally KNEELING in our honor-including YOUR NIGERIAN politicians who don't give a damn about your black lives in Nigeria or how your police treat you. The Pope has spoken on our behalf from the Vatican. Every American company has spoken out for us and every race and age is protesting and rioting on our behalf. Or maybe you aren't able to watch TV because you have no electricity.

Nobody to run to? Black Americans are accepted in all countries around the world with open arms. We don't try to sneak in, overstay our visas or fake our paperwork. We won't marry anybody just to get a green card. We don't have to try to scam our way into other countries. Unlike you, WE ARE WELCOMED.

And are you really talking about Africans and visas when your very country of Nigeria is just one African country on the US's BANNED list? [/b]Millions of Africans are born here because of the work my ancestors put in to build this country and the work of my parents to allow them in when America deemed you too uncivilized. The fact that millions are born here is insult enough against you. YOU NEED US. WE DON'T NEED YOU.

[b]Being born in America doesn't put Africans on the same level as black Americans. It makes you children of immigrants.
HUGE difference. You wish it made you the same as us. That's why there's a group of black Americans seeking to be distinguished from those of you who want to pretend your ancestors had a part in building up the greatest nation on earth. It's the reason why in countries around the world the locals will ask black people their family name or where their grandparents are from. Because they know that being a naturalized citizen or child of immigrants is not the same as being from the lineage of BRAVE black Americans who were there when America was created.

The fact that most of your argument is around African immigrants suddenly being on the same level as black Americans tells me you feel inferior and being on our level is a step up.

Africans are giants? Sure, giant scam artists and illegal aliens who are too lazy and dumb to even generate consistent electricity much less build up their shit hole. Tell the Chinese who have to come in and build your country for you what giants you are. You're so giant that A FEW foreigners can come in and ban you from the businesses they open.

You're a giant embarrassment.

And for whatever you have to say about literacy, crime, etc, the fact remains: BLACK AMERICANS ARE THE MOST RESPECTED, SUCCESSFUL BLACK GROUP IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

1 Like

Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by chrisagyei: 7:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
AkataWoman:

No one respects black Americans? Did you really say that at a time when THE WORLD is standing up saying BLACK LIVES MATTER based on the lives of Black Americans? They are literally KNEELING in our honor-including YOUR NIGERIAN politicians who don't give a damn about your black lives in Nigeria or how your police treat you. The Pope has spoken on our behalf from the Vatican. Every American company has spoken out for us and every race and age is protesting and rioting on our behalf. Or maybe you aren't able to watch TV because you have no electricity.

Nobody to run to? Black Americans are accepted in all countries around the world with open arms. We don't try to sneak in, overstay our visas or fake our paperwork. We won't marry anybody just to get a green card. We don't have to try to scam our way into other countries. Unlike you, WE ARE WELCOMED.

And are you really talking about Africans and visas when your very country of Nigeria is just one African country on the US's BANNED list? [/b]Millions of Africans are born here because of the work my ancestors put in to build this country and the work of my parents to allow them in when America deemed you too uncivilized. The fact that millions are born here is insult enough against you. YOU NEED US. WE DON'T NEED YOU.

[b]Being born in America doesn't put Africans on the same level as black Americans. It makes you children of immigrants.
HUGE difference. You wish it made you the same as us. That's why there's a group of black Americans seeking to be distinguished from those of you who want to pretend your ancestors had a part in building up the greatest nation on earth. It's the reason why in countries around the world the locals will ask black people their family name or where their grandparents are from. Because they know that being a naturalized citizen or child of immigrants is not the same as being from the lineage of BRAVE black Americans who were there when America was created.

The fact that most of your argument is around African immigrants suddenly being on the same level as black Americans tells me you feel inferior and being on our level is a step up.

Africans are giants? Sure, giant scam artists and illegal aliens who are too lazy and dumb to even generate consistent electricity much less build up their shit hole. Tell the Chinese who have to come in and build your country for you what giants you are. You're so giant that A FEW foreigners can come in and ban you from the businesses they open.

You're a giant embarrassment.

And for whatever you have to say about literacy, crime, etc, the fact remains: BLACK AMERICANS ARE THE MOST RESPECTED, SUCCESSFUL BLACK GROUP IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.
mind you woman,am a Ghanaian not a Nigerian, so i just laugh at your ignorance. Tell me,which African American can measure up to Nelson Mandela,Mansa Musa,Dr.Nkwame Nkrumah,Barack Obama(he's half Kenyan,half white) ,His Highness Empower Haile Selasie,Ethiopia, African Kingdoms like Timbuktu, Egyptian empire,Zulu Empire, Marcus Garvey (he's not even a black American)etc.

Your two civil right legends were gunned down like thieves in broad daylight and their murderers are all walking around as free men.Don't you realize you guys mean nothing to them.The pope makes a statement on most trending issues worldwide so it doesn't mean shit and no Nigerian leader has ever made statement on any issues.Its some bunch of Nigerians demonstrating and it ends there. The fact that you guys cry everyday that Africa and the AU doesn't give a damn about you and now some people has shown solidarity and protest doesn't mean they respect or recognize you buh they just feel a pity for your sorry azz.

Ghana my country has been playing her part by acting as a pan africanist father and defending blacks everywhere regardless. If you decide to call african citizens child of immigrants just us Italian immigrants, German immigrants, irish immigrants, European immigrants who found the new world and bought some slaves which is your ancestors and work their azz off for 400 years and their reward being giving them some wack citizenship and majority of them ending up in jails,on the streets, doing crime,peddling drugs,out of school kids,gang banging each other,being killed by the police, jim crow era lynching, segregation, highest maternal and child deaths, lowest representatives in your senate,police,justice system, etc should tell you that you too are the child of a slave which is worse off than being labeled child of an immigrant .

That negro tag will be with you guys forever and it won't go away.You guys are cursed and Africa is your only hope.A citizen is a citizen regardless how you earned it that's why Obama,a supposedly child of an immigrant became first and only black president in the usa ahead of all the children of slaves if you want us to go to that angle.Until hundred years ago,you slave descendants weren't even allowed your right and you were not citizens buh foreigners and properties of the us government. Any African American(not you children of slaves buh the children of immigrants)or even African anywhere can legally travel to any part of the world.

The fact that some very little number of Mexicans try to scale over illegally to the states whilst you children of slaves are citizens does not mean you dudes are better than Mexicans or South Americans. Desperate migrants are everywhere including Asia and the Americas. Tell me a single black American richer than Dangote.I will wait.
Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by OyinbowithaTan(m): 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2020
Slavery is ancient and historically normal. First written documentation of slavery is probably from Sumeria, 2000 BC. Everything from house slavery (still common in some countries), agricultural, construction (China began building their Great Wall with 300,000 slaves). Nobody needs to apologize. Most people today, if they could trace their ancestry far enough, would find slavery in the ancestry.
Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by AfricaUnited: 8:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
jumobi1:

This is highly insensitive and ignorant. You’ve been brainwashed. I doubt you’ve spend considerable time in the US around African Americans.

He is a sadist
Re: Should Africans Apologize to African Americans? by AfricaUnited: 8:17pm On Jun 05, 2020
Akata woman,

I am with you all the way. I am an American citizen born in Nigeria. I feel your pain and like the OP I am apologizing for what African ancestors did to their fellow ancestors by selling them off to white people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Putin Has Ordered The Destruction Of The Starlink Satellite Constellation / President Robert Mugabe Gave Jamaican Men A Tongue Lashing / Meet The Completely Tattooed School Professor Running To Be Czech President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.