Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Follow Me To The Red Room - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Follow Me To The Red Room (763 Views)

The Red Sun / The Red Brick / The Red And Blue Coat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Follow Me To The Red Room by Orikinla(m): 1:02pm On Jan 21, 2011
If you are a writer looking for open doors for your literary pursuits, then follow me to the Red Room where iron sharpens iron and the deep calls unto the deep. One of our esteemed members is the highly gifted writer, Barack Obama, the President of the United States of America.
http://www.redroom.com/

Red Room is the online home of many of the world's greatest writers (some of whom haven't even been discovered yet). We provide our members and authors with elegant, easy-to-use online homes where they can express themselves, promote their work, and connect with other writers and book lovers. Red Room is a social hub, a place to discuss and buy books in every genre, and a destination for exclusive content that will entertain and inspire you.
Re: Follow Me To The Red Room by ayosmiles(m): 1:36pm On Feb 02, 2011
Hi, I am also a member of the redroom. please let me know your URL so i can check u up. Check for my name peter sunday
Re: Follow Me To The Red Room by MyneWhite1(f): 6:15am On Feb 03, 2011
Check for me also, search for Myne Whitman
Re: Follow Me To The Red Room by afrosays(m): 12:28pm On Feb 03, 2011
I don't want to join RedRoom just out of peer pressure, I'm still checking it out.

But really, What has red room done for any of you? What's been your experience?
Re: Follow Me To The Red Room by MyneWhite1(f): 5:34pm On Feb 03, 2011
Well, there's nothing special about the Red room compared to other writer's sites except they have high profile authors as members. They have an experienced editor that blogs weekly. He also has a personal blog you can check out without being a part of RR.

Personally, through blogging there, I got on the front page on an article I wrote on Ken Saro Wiwa. That won me a book by a major author and many people checked out my page. Some went on to buy my book on Amazon.

While it's not compulsory to register, you can be checking out the editors page, Alan Rinzler is really good.

afrosays:

I don't want to join RedRoom just out of peer pressure, I'm still checking it out.

But really, What has red room done for any of you? What's been your experience?
Re: Follow Me To The Red Room by afrosays(m): 1:02pm On Feb 04, 2011
Personally, through blogging there, I got on the front page on an article I wrote on Ken Saro Wiwa. That won me a book by a major author and many people checked out my page. Some went on to buy my book on Amazon.

Thanks a lot Myne, RR blog stalking it is (at least till I finally decide I'm serious enough to publish content there)

(1) (Reply)

Want To Get Published? / The Litigators; John Grisham / Newsweek Becomes An Online-only Publication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.