Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) (89719 Views)

The Story Of Stella 18+ / Prisoner Of Love: The Story / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Ilorisammie(m): 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
Did you just say 'ugly' Then you don't the story quite well.
She was one of the most beautiful women back then. OP do more research.
boman2014:
Bumped into this. A good read
Who knows the story of Medusa? Yes that ugly lady with the hair of snakes. The Gorgon who men dared not look at else they turn to stone. Do you know her real story?! Well I'll tell you!

When I was in school, I was given a project titled Myths and Legends. Well naturally I settled for Greek mythology and Medusa hit my interest.

I always thought she was evil and all but this is
the true story.

So Medusa was the most beautiful girl in her town. Her hair shone like gold. All men wanted her but she never gave in. She caught the eye of Poseidon the god of the sea and didn't give him the time of day. Well what did he do? He raped Medusa in Athena's temple. Athena was the goddess of wisdom and war.

Now the sad part was Athena was so enraged by what had happened that she cursed Medusa. Not the man who raped her no! Cursed the poor girl who was raped. Turned her into a creature that no man would ever look at again without dying and turned her beautiful hair into snakes.

Now some have claimed that Athena cursed Medusa to protect her but in all my research and even the writings of the poet, the story was consistent.

When I found out the truth behind Medusa, I changed my project and turned it into a tribute called 'Misunderstood'. I recreated her tombstone, changed her garments and created a pendant with her face on it.

Needless to say that was my best project in school and it was on display.

Now to bring it home. Isn't that what happens these days? Both here and abroad? A girl is raped and instead of going for her attackers, you blame her and slut-shame her. Claim she brought it on herald?

When you think of Medusa you think of an ugly Gorgon.

When I think of Medusa I think of a beautiful lonely girl the world failed. Just as the world is failing women today.

... Copied...

# Medusa_Myths_And_Legends # Misunderstood
# TheRealStory # TheUntoldStory
# Greek_Mythology
# JusticeForTheRaped
# PurnishTheRapist
⁣ # Justice_for Vera Uwaila Omozuwa
# 100LevelUG_Student UNIBEN

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157903307433937&id=297115308936&refid=28&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=qid.6834261561869383480%3Amf_story_key.5261119954281034284%3Atop_level_post_id.10157903307433937%3Acontent_owner_id_new.297115308936%3Apage_id.297115308936%3Asrc.22%3Aphoto_id.10157903307358937%3Astory_location.5%3Astory_attachment_style.photo%3Aview_time.1591225518%3Afilter.h_nor%3Atds_flgs.3%3Apage_insights.%7B%22297115308936%22%3A%7B%22page_id%22%3A297115308936%2C%22page_id_type%22%3A%22page%22%2C%22actor_id%22%3A297115308936%2C%22dm%22%3A%7B%22isShare%22%3A0%2C%22originalPostOwnerID%22%3A0%7D%2C%22psn%22%3A%22EntStatusCreationStory%22%2C%22post_context%22%3A%7B%22object_fbtype%22%3A266%2C%22publish_time%22%3A1591108564%2C%22story_name%22%3A%22EntStatusCreationStory%22%2C%22story_fbid%22%3A%5B10157903307433937%5D%7D%2C%22role%22%3A1%2C%22sl%22%3A5%2C%22targets%22%3A%5B%7B%22actor_id%22%3A297115308936%2C%22page_id%22%3A297115308936%2C%22post_id%22%3A10157903307433937%2C%22role%22%3A1%2C%22share_id%22%3A0%7D%5D%7D%7D&__tn__=%2As-R
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by bizzibodi(m): 2:54pm On Jun 05, 2020
femmyapson:

God wiped out that generation using water. The new one started with Noah.
No semen, no egg..Jesus supernaturally entered mary womb..Its not rape. Angel Gabriel came to inform mary before the pregnancy was placed in her, Had it been she rejected the offer it wouldn't be forced on her. It was with consent. She is even happy to choosen among all women.
ACCEPT JESUS AND REPENT
BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE
U think Mary is a small child,if an awesome angel wth a flaming appearance comes to tell her do not be AFRAID and said jah will visit her tonight & u shall conceive who is she to refuse,mankind from time immemorial totally submit themselves to superior beings,deities out of fear & more over those beings has been coming in different forms like serpent,cow,horse,angel,men,if angels can take d form of men to visit abraham & ate meat....why is it impossible for jah on flesh & blood?No egg no semen?then womb is not needed too.we hav more of those corrupt seeds in this generation than noah's.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Darkseid(m): 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
eni4real:
We will hire Darkseid then undecided

The entropy, the Death, the Idabosky cheesy
You can't afford my services bro, so no let me destroy you angry angry
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Kyase(m): 3:09pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ugaboy:

"into the badland" is quite better but complicating, ive been following hoping to see they will the mumu story, they kept creating too many characters that are not necessary, rite nw they have suspended "into the badland" like dat of ATLATIS
Into the bandlands wanted doing a 16 season series, so i understand the creation of ''the'' many characters
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
poweredcom:

So you think you are a jew or what so who ever imagine you have not even look at the christainity you are worshiping how it started also with paganism and have so much element of paganism hahahaa

You be real ode you are a brainwashed slowpoke

You just a follow follow
Lol, ok boy. Time to run along, couldn't even read the blunders u jst typed. Believe whatever u wnt
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

Do calculations to 2000 years ago?
What about Adam's creation? Do you believe is around 6000 years ago too like your Bible said?

no place in my Bible its written that Adam created anything, not to tlk of 6000yrs or whatever. Get ya facts right
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
kingxsamz:

It's sad you don't get the message.
Were you born into a Christian home? Yes or no.
If you were, there's always a possibility of you practicing the religion of your parents.
Do you know what indoctrination is? undecided
You've been fed all these things right from birth and you have believed them your whole life. So, you being an adult has nothing to do with it.
It's just indoctrination.

Which religion were you born into? Atheism
I chose to believe whom or what I want to believe in. If u chose not to believe in anything, no one cares
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
kingxsamz:

Oya prove how Moses divided the sea with his hands. Prove how Jesus walked on water. Prove how a man lived in the belle of a fish for three days. Prove how the moon and sun were stopped. Prove how a donkey talked. Prove how angels fell from the sky to have sex with humans.
Back up these events with a credible and verifiable source of history.
Proof, lol Read what I wrote again, u r an infidel It doesn't matter what I show u, u would never believe Besides I'm not the one that reveals, it's the Holy Spirit
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by kingxsamz(m): 3:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
Inyikalum:

Proof, lol
Read what I wrote again, u r an infidel
It doesn't matter what I show u, u would never believe
Besides I'm not the one that reveals, it's the Holy Spirit
You said I should read history to see proof of events in the bible.
You asked for the events I was talking about and I gave them to you, now I'm asking you to back these events with verifiable source of history, and you said it doesn't matter what you show me.

I'm only trying to learn here lol.... If the events in the bible are backed up by history, then show me.. cheesy
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by bizzibodi(m): 3:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
Why cnt d gods leave us alone let them paddle their canoe above while we paddle our canoe below..no other place in d universe to cast satan & his Angel's but earth..what hav we done to be cursed like this.....d gods we commit abominations are glorified why we d victims are cursed.satan is enjoying immortality even attend heavenly gatherings in d book of job:while adam & eve & their descendants are cursed with pain,suffering,diseases & death. cry cry cry
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by GodPunishBiafra: 6:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
Inyikalum:

no place in my Bible its written that Adam created anything, not to tlk of 6000yrs or whatever. Get ya facts right
Shut up!

What year was Adam created?

Your Bible gave accurate account of Adam to Jesus generation so use your brain!
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by engrchykae(m): 6:47pm On Jun 05, 2020
Wierdceo:

I love Greek myth so much.
they learnt from the Egyptians and in turn masked the truth as myths
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by blakkydikky(m): 6:57pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ekemeze:

I don't believe this atall, doesn't make sense
.....nobody asks you to believe it nor wants it to make sense to you.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by engrchykae(m): 6:57pm On Jun 05, 2020
joepepsy:
See the passion you put in expressing foreign
culture but if you hear SANGO or AMADIOHA you will shout Holy Ghost fire.Africans SMH.
you don't know me,so you don't have to assume that am a typical self loathing African.
Amadioha and Sango are our own version of Igbo Zeus and Yoruba Zeus respectively since they are the gods of thunder just as Zeus has the "lightning bolt"
Am of the opinion that Africans must worship African gods because when you worship your racial god,you worship and adore yourself and consequently ATTAIN YOUR GODHOOD quickly.
When an Indian worships before the statue of the Buddha,he sees himself as god he is worshipping resembles himself.
I need linguists and culturally versatile people to help me in this project.
That is why Europeans used their image to replace the image of an Asian and Jewish Jesus,that was when Caucasians established themselves as the master RACE,the Chinese and Japanese worship fellow Asian gods that look like them.
We are the only race that hate our image

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by engrchykae(m): 6:59pm On Jun 05, 2020
TiglathPILESER:
if thats what u call truth, then u r doomed
let me ask like Christ once did,what is the truth?
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Liveair: 7:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
marttol:
things of the spiritual realm have no evidence, the only evidence you will ever get is if you experience them first hand...

people ehn, that's why you believe you can work your way to the top with a carnal mind... lol, you can be rich to an extent but you wanna get to the TOP I mean where people will wanna worship you as a god...you must experience this things... it's more than you can imagine... powers are controlling the earth even YOU, yes YOU...
believe anything you wanna believe but if it's that easy to be rich with all the hard work most people put in their huzzles they are supposed to be richer than Bill Gates... I'm sure it's people like you who will say there is nothing like illuminati nor church of Satan... well it's normal during the time of Jesus self not everyone believed him and as it's written the whole world lied in the power of the wicked one.

believe whatever you wanna believe... take care.

Educating a person with your mental state is like whipping a dead horse.
If the Romans who brought you Christianity actually believed Jesus was true, you think they would have told you?
Go and study how the Emperors of Rome created your Christianity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Ekemeze: 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by lexander(m): 8:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
yosmen:

someone that claimed he did a study giving us fake story about medusa
actually his story is true Athena might have cursed her out of jealousy but it's clearly stated she caused her because she desecrated her temple which isn't true because medusa didn't rape herself, this is why I hate hypocrites and self righteous idiots, and to the guy claiming he would rather break his game cd instead of killing medusa Hope you know Kratos is the biggest hypocrite of all time as far as am concerned he's the villain of the story and all the supposed wrong he's fighting for 90% is his fault. He's angry because ares made him kill his family but he doesn't see anything wrong with wiping out Atlantis and he started more wars than ares

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by marttol: 10:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
Liveair:

Educating a person with your mental state is like whipping a dead horse.
If the Romans who brought you Christianity actually believed Jesus was true, you think they would have told you?
Go and study how the Emperors of Rome created your Christianity.
goodluck!
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by ejanla077: 10:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
Binikingdowm:
no one cares if you believe or not

I care. I dont believe too
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by joepepsy(m): 11:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
Good to know, that's the root of inferior complex when you see your God has white anything
white will be superior in your eyes and thanks for the insight.
engrchykae:
you don't know me,so you don't have to assume that am a typical self loathing African.
Amadioha and Sango are our own version of Igbo Zeus and Yoruba Zeus respectively since they are the gods of thunder just as Zeus has the "lightning bolt"
Am of the opinion that Africans must worship African gods because when you worship your racial god,you worship and adore yourself and consequently ATTAIN YOUR GODHOOD quickly.
When an Indian worships before the statue of the Buddha,he sees himself as god he is worshipping resembles himself.
I need linguists and culturally versatile people to help me in this project.
That is why Europeans used their image to replace the image of an Asian and Jewish Jesus,that was when Caucasians established themselves as the master RACE,the Chinese and Japanese worship fellow Asian gods that look like them.
We are the only race that hate our image
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
Darkseid:
You can't afford my services bro, so no let me destroy you angry angry
Everybody has a price, even you!

Name your price!!!

We need you to arrest Zeus on account of rape charges ...
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 06, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

Shut up!

What year was Adam created?

Your Bible gave accurate account of Adam to Jesus generation so use your brain!

U knw so much about my bible?? Y u nw asking
And point out whr Adam created anything
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Enterusernamehe(f): 1:02am On Jun 06, 2020
The story I know about Medusa was Poseidon's girlfriend and because Poseidon and Athena had a disagreement they decided to get naughty in Athena's temple, but being unable to punish Poseidon, punished Medusa, instead turning her and her 2 sisters into the Gorgons.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by TiglathPILESER: 6:45am On Jun 06, 2020
engrchykae:
let me ask like Christ once did,what is the truth?
The Same speaking, I am the Way the Truth and the Life. He is and no other, observe carefully, the Truth isnt far!
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by engrchykae(m): 8:17am On Jun 06, 2020
TiglathPILESER:
The Same speaking, I am the Way the Truth and the Life. He is and no other, observe carefully, the Truth isnt far!
Christ of the Jews is the Hercules of the Greeks,the Horus of the Egyptians,The accepted Man of the people(Amadioha)of the igbos.
Thor of the Scandinavians,Marduk of the Babylonians.
The world is saying the same thing but the evil religious establishment are bent on dividing the people in order to exploit the people
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by TiglathPILESER: 1:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
engrchykae:
Christ of the Jews is the Hercules of the Greeks,the Horus of the Egyptians,The accepted Man of the people(Amadioha)of the igbos.
Thor of the Scandinavians,Marduk of the Babylonians.
The world is saying the same thing but the evil religious establishment are bent on dividing the people in order to exploit the people
you lack dept of understanding. The heavenly model is rather duplicated until Christ came, how many of these groups could boast of a single hero.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by engrchykae(m): 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
TiglathPILESER:
you lack dept of understanding. The heavenly model is rather duplicated until Christ came, how many of these groups could boast of a single hero.
check the role acted by Perseus in the clash of the Titans,it's the role played by Christ in redeeming the Andromeda (church)from death .
Had it been the world had one language,we would have seen the futility of our discrimination.
The world is seeking the same thing.
The paradise of the Muslims,the heaven of the Christians,the Valhalla of the Vikings,the abode of the Jade emperor of the mandarins,the holy Grail of the Templars are all the same,just that some proud people think theirs is superior to others
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Tominix(m): 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
boman2014:
Bumped into this. A good read
Who knows the story of Medusa? Yes that ugly lady with the hair of snakes. The Gorgon who men dared not look at else they turn to stone. Do you know her real story?! Well I'll tell you!

When I was in school, I was given a project titled Myths and Legends. Well naturally I settled for Greek mythology and Medusa hit my interest.

I always thought she was evil and all but this is
the true story.

So Medusa was the most beautiful girl in her town. Her hair shone like gold. All men wanted her but she never gave in. She caught the eye of Poseidon the god of the sea and didn't give him the time of day. Well what did he do? He raped Medusa in Athena's temple. Athena was the goddess of wisdom and war.

Now the sad part was Athena was so enraged by what had happened that she cursed Medusa. Not the man who raped her no! Cursed the poor girl who was raped. Turned her into a creature that no man wo
also saw it on fb
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Reex12(m): 9:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ugaboy:
advantage
did u really have to dig up my old quotes ?
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Ugaboy: 10:05pm On Jun 07, 2020
Reex12:
did u really have to dig up my old quotes ?
..i thing u saw diz late
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Reex12(m): 10:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ugaboy:
..i thing u saw diz late
doesnt really mata,dnt b so low bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / Witches And Wizards / The Bang Rule Pdf File Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.