Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,394 members, 7,846,644 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

"Retract & Apologise To Ebonyi Govt. Within The Next 72 Hrs" - Aide Tells Obaji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Retract & Apologise To Ebonyi Govt. Within The Next 72 Hrs" - Aide Tells Obaji (298 Views)

Ebonyi Govt Declares Linus Okorie Wanted Over Statement On FacebooK / Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life / Don’t Come To Nigeria If You Love Yourself, Presidential Aide Tells Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Retract & Apologise To Ebonyi Govt. Within The Next 72 Hrs" - Aide Tells Obaji by Wisdomkosi(m): 9:30am On Jun 04, 2020
"Retract Your Statement & Apologise To Ebonyi Govt. Within The Next 72 hrs" - Aide Tells Obaji For Spreading Fake News

Ebonyi State Government has asked Mr. Jeremiah Obaji Nworu to apologise within the next 72 hours for spreading fake news on his Facebook account.

In a circular seen by Igbere TV, signed by Mr. Francis Nwaze, Governor Umahi’s Assistant on Media, stated that Mr. Obaji published a false and malicious publication targeted at tarnishing the hard-earned reputation of the Governor.

Mr. Obaji alleged that that the governor on 3rd day of June 2020 accepted to have embezzled the state money.

The statement added that "Mr. Jeremiah Obaji is hereby mandated to withdraw and retract the statement within the next 24 hours, cause to be published, an unreserved letter of apology in 3 national dailies and your social media accounts within the next 72 hours or provide evidence (Audio or Video) to such statement or face legal actions (both civil and criminal)".

Umahi's Special Assistant on Media noted that the Governor of Ebonyi State welcomes constructive criticisms at all times as it helps in shaping the decisions of the state government but frowns at unguarded spewing of total falsehood, blackmail, and misrepresentation which have recently recently taken the center stage on social media.

Read the full statement below ;

My attention has been drawn to a false and malicious publication targeted at tarnishing the hard-earned reputation of the Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. David Umahi by you (Mr. Jeremiah Obaji Nworu) through your social media handles, alleging that the governor today, the 3rd day of June 2020 accepted to have embezzled the state money.

In your publication, you quoted the governor as saying; "I am not saying that I didn't embezzle money but whoever that wants to probe me should wait after my tenure because I have immunity as a sitting Governor" ~ Engr Dave Umahi 03/06/2020.

Having read your publication, I make bold to state as follows:

1. That the Governor, Engr. David Nweze Umahi never made such a statement and as such your publication is calculated defamation of the character of the Governor and Ebonyi State Government.

2. That you, Mr. Jeremiah Obaji is hereby mandated to withdraw and retract the statement within the next 24 hours, cause to be published, an unreserved letter of apology in 3 national dailies and your social media accounts within the next 72 hours or provide evidence (Audio or Video) to such statement or face legal actions (both civil and criminal)

3. The governor welcomes constructive criticisms at all times as it helps in shaping the decisions of the state government but frowns at unguarded spewing of total falsehood, blackmail, and misrepresentation which have recently taken the center stage on social media.

Best regards.

Francis Nwaze
Special Assistant to the Governor
(Media and Publicity)
3rd June 2020

Note: The link and screenshots of this your publication have been forwarded to OC Surveillance, Ebonyi State Police Command for possible handling.

CC:
Ebonyi State Commissioner of Police
DSS
HAG, Ebonyi Stat

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1354122/retract-statement-apologise-ebonyi-govt-within-next-72-hrs-aide-tells-obaji/

Re: "Retract & Apologise To Ebonyi Govt. Within The Next 72 Hrs" - Aide Tells Obaji by nero2face: 9:33am On Jun 04, 2020
ok
Re: "Retract & Apologise To Ebonyi Govt. Within The Next 72 Hrs" - Aide Tells Obaji by JAOS(m): 9:35am On Jun 04, 2020
or what?
Re: "Retract & Apologise To Ebonyi Govt. Within The Next 72 Hrs" - Aide Tells Obaji by Joshmodest(m): 9:36am On Jun 04, 2020
No matter what we say Nigerian government is a clear reflection of its people !!

(1) (Reply)

A Lyrical Douceur To A Doyenne @ 57 / "I Can Put My All For Yul Edochie's Political Ambition" - Reno Omokri Backs Yul / President Buhari No Longer Blames PDP. Electric Shock Is To Blame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.