Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,660 members, 7,816,692 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Oshiomhole Told INEC APC Had Agreed On Direct Primary In Edo — 3 Days Before NWC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Told INEC APC Had Agreed On Direct Primary In Edo — 3 Days Before NWC (598 Views)

When Oshiomhole Told Iyamho Community Tinubu Is The Next President (Video) / What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami / Oshiomhole Told Buhari He’ll Remove Saraki In 10 Days – Timi Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Told INEC APC Had Agreed On Direct Primary In Edo — 3 Days Before NWC by youthofnaija: 9:55am On Jun 04, 2020
Adams Oshiomhole, national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), informed INEC that the party had agreed to choose its governorship candidate for the Edo election through direct primary, even before the national working committee of the party took the decision.

The NWC, headed by Oshiomhole, reached the decision on May 22 but Oshiomhole had written to Mahmood Yakubu, INEC chairman, three days earlier.

In the letter dated May 19, and seen by TheCable, Oshiomhole said the party had agreed that direct primary would be conducted in 192 wards.

“I convey to you my compliments and wish to respectfully inform you that the All Progressives Congress (APC) has decided to conduct direct primary for the Edo state governorship election on Monday, 22 of June. 2020,” the letter read.

“To this end we have put in place modalities to ensure strict compliance with the COVID-19 prevention guidelines as announced by the COVID-19 presidential task force (PTF) and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).

“Therefore, direct primaries will be conducted in one hundred and ninety two wards (192).

“We accordingly invite you as observers of the primaries with full compliance with the All Progressives Congress constitution and the electoral act.”

In a direct primary election, all card-carrying members of the party from local government areas of the state will be eligible to vote for the candidate of their choice but indirect primary involves selected delegates.

Many governors prefer indirect primary as they can easily sway the delegates to their side.

Although six aspirants have indicated interest in the primary election, the race is between Godwin Obaseki, the governor, and Osagie Ize-Iyamu, who is believed to have the backing of Oshiomhole.

Obaseki has been at loggerheads with Oshiomhole, and this has divided the party in the state.

Oshiomhole’s faction had picked Osagie Ize-Iyamu who defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the heat of the crisis between Obaseki and the APC national chairman.
https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-oshiomhole-told-inec-apc-had-agreed-on-direct-primary-in-edo-3-days-before-nwc-approval

Re: Oshiomhole Told INEC APC Had Agreed On Direct Primary In Edo — 3 Days Before NWC by saintokwuluora(m): 10:08am On Jun 04, 2020
Putting the cart before the horse

Re: Oshiomhole Told INEC APC Had Agreed On Direct Primary In Edo — 3 Days Before NWC by muykem: 10:24am On Jun 04, 2020
Forget the story. The best way to test one's popularity is by direct primary. I will like all parties to adopt direct primary in our future election.
Re: Oshiomhole Told INEC APC Had Agreed On Direct Primary In Edo — 3 Days Before NWC by KenOne: 10:30am On Jun 04, 2020
muykem:
Forget the story. The best way to test one's popularity is by direct primary. I will like all parties to adopt direct primary in our future election.

Direct primary that Oshiomhole is an interested party. Oshiomhole will set up primary committee made up of his loyalist and gives them terms of what to do Abi.

Where is the fairness here. An interested party now the referee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Told INEC APC Had Agreed On Direct Primary In Edo — 3 Days Before NWC by youthofnaija: 10:44am On Jun 04, 2020
I forsee a serious legal battle following the outcome of the primary. This is an evidence that Oshiomhole is an interested party. The letter submitted to INEC was dated 19th May, and INEC acknowledge the letter on the same date. In other words, if INEC ends up going with the direct primary, it means that they acted on the letter. Now evidence has surfaced showing that the letter dated 19th May does not represent the wish of the NWC because the letter was actually sent even before they met to decide on the mode of primary. Oshiomhole is actually not as smart as he thinks.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Told INEC APC Had Agreed On Direct Primary In Edo — 3 Days Before NWC by ODJ124(m): 10:46am On Jun 04, 2020
isoright

*On judgement day,some pple will still tell God I can explain..,explain wat!! broda, enter o*����

Re: Oshiomhole Told INEC APC Had Agreed On Direct Primary In Edo — 3 Days Before NWC by adekolaelect(m): 11:36am On Jun 04, 2020
KenOne:

Direct primary that Oshiomhole is an interested party. Oshiomhole will set up primary committee made up of his loyalist and gives them terms of what to do Abi.

Where is the fairness here. An interested party now the referee.
you are right but you can't tell the national chairman to resign his position simply because of a state primary election.

Re: Oshiomhole Told INEC APC Had Agreed On Direct Primary In Edo — 3 Days Before NWC by jlinkd78(m): 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
Unintelligent Osho
Re: Oshiomhole Told INEC APC Had Agreed On Direct Primary In Edo — 3 Days Before NWC by KenOne: 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
adekolaelect:
you are right but you can't tell the national chairman to resign his position simply because of a state primary election.

What Oshiomhole would have said or done is since i have interest in who becomes the governor i will leave the primary issue to be handled by my Deputy chairman North who is the next in line.

Is just like Oshiomhole supervising a primary his son or daughter is a contestant.

This is why Judges recuse themselves in a matter they have vested interest or has to do with a family member, friends, associates, business partner, spouse associates, friends.

Abeg Buhari is watching APC sink day by day without doing anything. How more can we define selfishness, was only interested in his re-election or matters that concerns him and watch unconcern on matters that needs your attention as a leader of the party.

A case example were in Rivers, Zamfara,and
(Imo &Ogun) where he said vote for me as president and vote any candidate of your choice during governorship election.

He needs to put his feet down as a president as regards his political party.
Re: Oshiomhole Told INEC APC Had Agreed On Direct Primary In Edo — 3 Days Before NWC by chinjo(m): 12:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lier. In fact, the kind of lies Oshiomhole tells these days will make the devil himself to shout The Blood of JESUS.

(1) (Reply)

Terrorising Bandits Signed Peace Accord But They Betrayed Us- Katsina Governor / Breaking: COVID-19: Ex-gov Abiola Ajimobi In Critical Condition / Obaseki In Abuja At Wadata Plaza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.