Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) (45150 Views)

Zenith, GTBank, Access, UBA Generate N24.3bn From Account Maintenance Charges / 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 / Senate Asks CBN To Suspend ATM Card Maintenance Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by Yankee101: 10:37am On Jun 04, 2020
This is fraudulent

1 Like

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by barrypro: 10:39am On Jun 04, 2020
What are they maintaining

1 Like

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 04, 2020
I just Realized that Nigerians were not built to speak up for their right, in other words we dont know our fundamental human rights and cannot protest anything,
if you look at the way most of us grew up, we grew up in households were we couldnt express our opinions and make decisions for ourselves even when we turned adults, also with parents that always dictate every single thing in the house and even when they are wrong they still intimidate us with their power.
So most of this issues in this country will never be sorted and justice will never come to the citizens of this country unless we go back to the foundation, which is the upbringing of our kids, we should be able to let our children air their opinions and support their choices.

Look at the Revolution happening in America today, Even with a country with 98 percent indigenous people we still are unable to sort our issues.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by playapayaski: 10:41am On Jun 04, 2020
edo3:
na 50naira dem dey cut for ya own? Mine na 800naira every month from UBA and no be say na big money dey there o,, even my bal dey read 1k,, dem go cut am. There was one night i had like 1500,, so bn dey plan how to use POS komot 1k.. My surprise i woke up only to see 700,, i wan cry that day ehn and na during lockdown oo..

Na thief dem b o, mata tire man.. Access bank own na 175 monthly, so I closed the account after complaining severally.. Now na gtb dey ram me hard. Its unfair

1 Like

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by mofedamijo(m): 10:45am On Jun 04, 2020
Yet they can't pay staff in less than 3 months of a pandemic. Why would you lay off staff in less than 3 months of covid-19, all mega-companies should be able to pay all staff salary for at least 6 months should there be a crisis, especially for those who have worked for two years upwards.
Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by Joefat: 10:46am On Jun 04, 2020
UBA can't make heaven the way the have been deducted my money since last year.. Moreover. They can't die well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by harisclub: 10:46am On Jun 04, 2020
Licensed arm robbers

2 Likes

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by ManIzHot: 10:48am On Jun 04, 2020
Eco bank will never be clear, because the are confused set of fraudulent entity

Look at the attached image very well

2 Likes

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by Pethan: 10:50am On Jun 04, 2020
Abeg who dey sell kolo? I wan buy embarassed undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by Kubernetes: 10:50am On Jun 04, 2020
The bank is not a charity organization.
They spend a whole lot to acquire these I.T infrastructures.As such,they would not want to offer these services free of charge.
Tell me any govt bank today that's making profit.All the govt banks like BOI,BOA etc are all funded by tax payers money and yet I don't think they are making profit.
Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by OKTolu: 10:52am On Jun 04, 2020
Hmmmm this is broad day robbery, 9ja which way na

1 Like

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by Tuska: 10:54am On Jun 04, 2020
Obrigardo:
So what do we do, protest?

In other news, trump is confirmed to be a pathological liar, once again and again and again.....

Abeg are we now in the USA? Because I don't know how trump take enter this matter now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by ericmor: 10:54am On Jun 04, 2020
Built2last:
They should keep reaping off the masses. when they are ready they will rise against the establishment

I have been in UK for 7 years doing business. I have never been charged for debit card, Cheque book issuance or any stupid sms or account maintenance charge and all banks in UK are light years ahead of Nigerian banks.

Here, you call them you need card, they issue in 3 days with no charge.

CBN should introduce Walking into the bank charge. our people will pay and come online to rant

Bcs we only know how to rant na ni

2 Likes

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by abnot: 10:55am On Jun 04, 2020
Built2last:
They should keep reaping off the masses. when they are ready they will rise against the establishment

I have been in UK for 7 years doing business. I have never been charged for debit card, Cheque book issuance or any stupid sms or account maintenance charge and all banks in UK are light years ahead of Nigerian banks.

CBN should introduce Walking into the bank charge. our people will pay and come online to rant
There is no need comparing U.K. with Nigeria . Even a child knows that U.K. is much older and advanced country than Nigeria. Slavery officially ended years ago and Africans are gradually beginning to believe In themselves and there ability to build there own sectors/industries . The whole looking up to the white man and condemning everything Nigeria or Africa is no longer in vogue. Do these British banks operate in the kind of harsh environment Nigerian banks operate in? I also have a bank account in U.K. and I get charged a flat fee of £10 monthly even though I’ve not used the account this year .
Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by SpicyMimi(f): 10:56am On Jun 04, 2020
Built2last:

Just imagine...i have to write Access bank, they keep deducting #200 from my bank without any explanation!

1 Like

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by AhoadaRivers: 10:59am On Jun 04, 2020
Stevengold:
I have 3 bank account, as of last year I stopped using Atm card for access and Fcmb, their Card maintenance fee was becoming money for data subscription...
Theives everywhere!!!

I have 8 bank accounts, 6 are active, 2 are inactive. Only one has an ATM, one has an app on my phone, the others are corporate and current accounts that I hardly touch.

Access bank don lament tire say make I collect ATM. Whoo sai!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by Abikeade11(f): 11:09am On Jun 04, 2020
These banks are thieves, my money keep reducing everyday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by Xscape1993(m): 11:12am On Jun 04, 2020
Built2last:

Here, you call them you need card, they issue in 3 days with no charge. what can we do here? Our system is not encouraging at all.

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by GboyegaD(m): 11:14am On Jun 04, 2020
It is annoying that I was at the bank to stop debit alert since I have misplaced my phone and do not have access to the number, I still get charged monthly.
Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by Obrigardo: 11:15am On Jun 04, 2020
Tuska:

Abeg are we now in the USA? Because I don't know how trump take enter this matter now.

Keep on talking about a failed nation like Nigeria and ignore who really runs your life and this our useless government
Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by freeman67: 11:15am On Jun 04, 2020
jojofola:
Access Bank should be ranked number one in this madness!!

But do we even blame them?
Our Government is our main oppressor.
Collect loans from International bodies and share.
Task Banks and other agencies to tax citizens.
VAT, PAT, TAT, RAT.
Every means to keep living large in the midst of a terrible recession.

Abeg!!!

In fact I made deposits to my own account with Access Bank by myself and access charged me for stamp duty when it is clearly stated in the finance act that it should not be so. I having been complaining on this for about a month and they are forming deaf. I am still giving them time. In the next 1 week I will close that account. Money is kept in the bank to be safe but access has a way of pilfering customer's money from their accounts.

1 Like

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by oluwaseyi0: 11:16am On Jun 04, 2020
Obrigardo:
So what do we do, protest?

In other news, trump is confirmed to be a pathological liar, once again and again and again.....
What should we now do with Trump lies, protest about it?

1 Like

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by Viicfuntop(f): 11:17am On Jun 04, 2020
Built2last:

You are actually right. I just realized it.

1 Like

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by Obrigardo: 11:17am On Jun 04, 2020
oluwaseyi0:

What should we now do with Trump lies, protest about it?

pray God takes him away before enough carnage that will spread here and scatter us, which is already in motion by the way
Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by Xscape1993(m): 11:18am On Jun 04, 2020
PropaMan:
I just Realized that Nigerians were not built to speak up for their right, in other words we dont know our fundamental human rights and cannot protest anything,
if you look at the way most of us grew up, we grew up in households were we couldnt express our opinions and make decisions for ourselves even when we turned adults, also with parents that always dictate every single thing in the house and even when they are wrong they still intimidate us with their power.
So most of this issues in this country will never be sorted and justice will never come to the citizens of this country unless we go back to the foundation, which is the upbringing of our kids, we should be able to let our children air their opinions and support their choices.

Look at the Revolution happening in America today, Even with a country with 98 percent indigenous people we still are unable to sort our issues.
Nobody is ready to sacrifice anything for our survival. Some of our youths are even worst than our old rulers.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by Tuska: 11:20am On Jun 04, 2020
Obrigardo:

Keep on talking about a failed nation like Nigeria and ignore who really runs your life and this our useless government

grin your own Nah your own. No dey chock eye for another man pot.

1 Like

Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by Marpol: 11:22am On Jun 04, 2020
Naija246:
legal scammer's sad
Getting a safe is starting to look like a better option for saving my money angry
These banks are useless

You don't need a safe bro, keep your money in USD!
Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by tot(f): 11:22am On Jun 04, 2020
abnot:

There is no need comparing U.K. with Nigeria . Even a child knows that U.K. is much older and advanced country than Nigeria. Slavery officially ended years ago and Africans are gradually beginning to believe In themselves and there ability to build there own sectors/industries . The whole looking up to the white man and condemning everything Nigeria or Africa is no longer in vogue. Do these British banks operate in the kind of harsh environment Nigerian banks operate in? I also have a bank account in U.K. and I get charged a flat fee of £10 monthly even though I’ve not used the account this year .

You must have opted for this. The point is for a BASIC bank account which provides the normal services of keeping money and acess to free ATM, there is no charge.

I see nothing wrong in the OP comparing Nigeria to the UK, what extra services are Nigerian banks providing to be charging such ridiculous amounts? Even after covering diesel and operating expenses, what are the remaining charges for exactly?
Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by Owodiran1(m): 11:23am On Jun 04, 2020
Any yet they want to lay off workers. We Nigerians as whole we just dey wicked.
Re: 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) by tot(f): 11:24am On Jun 04, 2020
Kubernetes:
The bank is not a charity organization.
They spend a whole lot to acquire these I.T infrastructures.As such,they would not want to offer these services free of charge.
Tell me any govt bank today that's making profit.All the govt banks like BOI,BOA etc are all funded by tax payers money and yet I don't think they are making profit.

So it requires N22bn (N22,000,000,000) to acquire all these IT infrastructure?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Otedola And Bola Tinubu In 2005: Throwback Photo / Nigerian Billionaires Lose Billions Amid Coronavirus Pandemic / Nana Otedola Stuns In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.