Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

The Best Business Funding Options For Immigrant And Refugee Entrepreneurs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Best Business Funding Options For Immigrant And Refugee Entrepreneurs (242 Views)

What Are The Best Remote Career Options For Graduates? / You Can Get Your Business Funding Here / Apply For Africa's Young Entrepreneurs (A.Y.E) Job Recruitment (7 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Business Funding Options For Immigrant And Refugee Entrepreneurs by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
Although the streets of America have never actually been paved with gold, the pervasive dream of “making it big” here persists among newcomers. Thousands of successful American entrepreneurs weren’t born in the U.S., and there shouldn’t be a wall between immigrant and refugee entrepreneurs and business financing.

According to Fundera, 28 percent of all “main street” businesses are owned by immigrants. These businesses are the kinds of providers most people visit all the time – grocery stores, nail salons, restaurants, clothing and liquor stores and more. Nearly half of all business growth from 2000 to 2013 was due to immigrant business owners.

Related: The Immigrant Entrepreneurs Behind Major American Companies (Infographic)

If you’re an aspiring entrepreneur who doesn’t have a long financial history in this country, here are the funding sources you should know about.

Grants for Refugees and Immigrants
For immigrants who speak and write English well, there are grants to teach English as a second language on Grant Watch. Use the site’s search tool to look for grants specifically available to immigrants and refugees, or try the Office of Refugee Resettlement.

Look into micro-enterprise development or Wilson-Fish programs, the latter of which is an alternative model currently only available in 12 states (Alabama, Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Nevada, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Vermont) and a single county (San Diego County, Calif.). These programs concentrate in early employment and immigrant self-sufficiency.

Refugees and immigrants who are members of a minority (including women and Latinx entrepreneurs) can qualify for grants and loans from the... Read more here>>>https://www.successdigestonline.com/the-best-business-funding-options-for-immigrant-and-refugee-entrepreneurs/

Re: The Best Business Funding Options For Immigrant And Refugee Entrepreneurs by AndreMetcalf: 8:01pm On Jan 26, 2021
thanks for sharing this
Re: The Best Business Funding Options For Immigrant And Refugee Entrepreneurs by AnthoNolog: 8:04pm On Jan 26, 2021
The best business finance options for immigrant entrepreneurs and investors. There is often work for such people, but there is work. You just need to competently search for various services and sites offering vacancies. It is better to take on light work first and try to put your heart and soul into it. Personally, it seems to me that if you do a good job, the employer will only be pleased with such an employee. Personally, I myself was once looking for a job. I stumbled upon one site and now, thanks to it, I found jobs in north dakota for myself and am already earning money there.

(1) (Reply)

Systems Admin / IT Support Wanted At A Food Delivery Company In Lagos / Lan Pacifice cargoe and freight Ltd, who knows this coy pls. / Job Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.