Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

MTN And Constant Depleting Of Customer's Data Bundle - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN And Constant Depleting Of Customer's Data Bundle (574 Views)

Xioami Spys On Their Customer's Data, How True Is This / How To Get 1GB Data Bundle On MTN For Just N100 / How To Stop Your Mobile Data Plan From Depleting So Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN And Constant Depleting Of Customer's Data Bundle by morgan100(m): 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
I purchased a 2g data bundle this morning, within the period that the data was purchased, my phone was down and i had to plug the phone to charge without using it, within 40 minutes interval that i came back to use the phone, i discovered i couldn't browse, lo and behold, the 2g data bundle was remaining 24mb, it's doing me like film since morning.

I don't seems to understand, i wish there is a better browsing network where i am, i would have dumped their SIM jeje, I am so pissed right now. The funniest thing was that, the same 2g data i purchased last week Thursday was the data that got exhausted this morning, even with the fact that i used it with my system. I am now wondering why same data bundle will now be exhausted within 40 minutes of purchase, without usage. I was not watching video nor downloading any video like they claimed when i called them. In-fact all my updates are off and the jobs i do online are just textual, no images or video. They even told me that they can't find the record on how the data was used by me.

The last time this something happened, when I called them, I asked the agent to confirm the about of data i used within the period i was complaining, He told me i have consumed 4gigabyte of data within the period i was lodging complain, that it's because i was using a 4g phone. I just laughed because i called to complain about how 1gigabyte of data was cleared off, so how come i consumed 4g of data when i bought 1g? And i was not even using a 4g phone. The guy just start dey stammer when i told him that.

Other network providers are just spending millions on adverts without improving their networks, that's MTN dey misbehave.
I am tired of using MTN for browsing.
Re: MTN And Constant Depleting Of Customer's Data Bundle by MJBOLT: 7:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
you should check if your data was not transferred
Re: MTN And Constant Depleting Of Customer's Data Bundle by MegaPlayBoy: 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
MJBOLT:
you should check if your data was not transferred
You can only transfer a max of 100mb per day.
So that rules out your observation
Re: MTN And Constant Depleting Of Customer's Data Bundle by hardeycute(m): 8:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
I'm tired of MTN also, the data uploads whenever I use Hotspot with my system is very high even with light browsing. Sometimes I will just look at my data being zapped when the browsing is idle.
Re: MTN And Constant Depleting Of Customer's Data Bundle by edoairways: 8:26pm On Jun 04, 2020
I have always criticize glo but there is something special about their 4g mifi. It is kind of fast in my room compare to my neighbour who uses iPhone max. 4g LTE is stronger on that device than phone, can anyone enlighten me on this?
Re: MTN And Constant Depleting Of Customer's Data Bundle by dxdiag(m): 7:56am On Jun 06, 2020
morgan100:
I purchased a 2g data bundle this morning, within the period that the data was purchased, my phone was down and i had to plug the phone to charge without using it, within 40 minutes interval that i came back to use the phone, i discovered i couldn't browse, lo and behold, the 2g data bundle was remaining 24mb, it's doing me like film since morning.

I don't seems to understand, i wish there is a better browsing network where i am, i would have dumped their SIM jeje, I am so pissed right now. The funniest thing was that, the same 2g data i purchased last week Thursday was the data that got exhausted this morning, even with the fact that i used it with my system. I am now wondering why same data bundle will now be exhausted within 40 minutes of purchase, without usage. I was not watching video nor downloading any video like they claimed when i called them. In-fact all my updates are off and the jobs i do online are just textual, no images or video. They even told me that they can't find the record on how the data was used by me.

The last time this something happened, when I called them, I asked the agent to confirm the about of data i used within the period i was complaining, He told me i have consumed 4gigabyte of data within the period i was lodging complain, that it's because i was using a 4g phone. I just laughed because i called to complain about how 1gigabyte of data was cleared off, so how come i consumed 4g of data when i bought 1g? And i was not even using a 4g phone. The guy just start dey stammer when i told him that.

Other network providers are just spending millions on adverts without improving their networks, that's MTN dey misbehave.
I am tired of using MTN for browsing.
I no even dey disturb my life again
Na cheaper weakly subscription i dey do from MTN instead of monthly.
Just dial *121*3# to get data at subsidiezed rate of #200 for 1gb or 300 for 1.5gb weekly.
This is what i use in easing myself since last month after spending huge on ridiculous subscriptions that wont take me anywhere.
Ps- Disable autoupdate from your playstore and check your phone data consumption rate too to see if there's any app consuming data underground.
Goodluck!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Advice On This Two Phone / Itel S15pro Available For Sell / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.