Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,639 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:48 AM

Just Finished Studying Microbiology But Now Want To Study Accounting - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Just Finished Studying Microbiology But Now Want To Study Accounting (1082 Views)

I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology / Microbiology Graduate Who Had Distinction Turns Bricklayer (Photos) / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Finished Studying Microbiology But Now Want To Study Accounting by Emmyola6196: 3:55pm On Jun 04, 2020
Good day Nairalanders am lens, a 23 years fresh graduate of Biochemistry from one of the universities in the southern part of Nigeria. When I was in secondary school I wanted to choose commercial department and study accounting but my parent insisted that I join science department, I tried to change their mind but they didn't listen to me because they wanted me to be a medical student but as God would have it after attempting jamb on few occasions I could only gain admission to study Biochemistry. So when I got to 200l, I don't know how the thoughts came back but since that time till this moment I keep seeing myself as an accountant and not a Biochemist but I made a decision in my mind to complete the program because it could be useful in the future. I have graduated now and am thinking of starting all over again and go study accounting which will definitely make me happy and maybe in the future I can go for MSC. Molecular biology and set up a lab as a side hustle but my parent still want me to go study any medical course via direct entry which I do not really like. So nairalanders considering my age, will you advice me to go and study Bsc. Accounting and do a master degree in Biochemistry later or do what my parent want, which is to go study a medical course via direct entry.
Re: Just Finished Studying Microbiology But Now Want To Study Accounting by Orubebe01: 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
Go and obtain another jamb form na for bsc acct.
Re: Just Finished Studying Microbiology But Now Want To Study Accounting by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 04, 2020
You can go for both, i think with ICAN you can simply become an accountant even without Bsc in accounting(you have to research online or even here on nairaland, better still contact jarushub.com) within 2yrs u should be done with ICAN
Though i will advise you to go for medicine bcs of job availability bcs we have a lot of chartered accountant without job nowadays.
Re: Just Finished Studying Microbiology But Now Want To Study Accounting by Ussycool: 4:26pm On Jun 04, 2020
Seems like you loss passion for MBBS.
I am 26 yrs old, graduate of Biochem from a state Uni. in North Central. All the pathways and structures we learnt are useless for now. I am also considering going for Medicine but at 26, I doubt if I can be focus. I will take jamb and go for IT related courses.

My advice;
Talk to ur parents about ur plan and burning passion for accounting. Medicine is time consuming and is for intelligent and smart guys.
Re: Just Finished Studying Microbiology But Now Want To Study Accounting by Ussycool: 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
Emmyola6196:
I tried to change their mind but they didn't listen to me because they wanted me to be a medical student but as God would have it after attempting jamb on few occasions I could only gain admission to study Biochemistry. I have graduated now and am thinking of starting all over again and go study accounting which will definitely make me happy and maybe in the future I can go for MSC. Molecular biology and set up a lab as a side hustle but
What did you realy study? Microbiology or biochemistry.
Re: Just Finished Studying Microbiology But Now Want To Study Accounting by Hahjascho(m): 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2020
In addition to some of the comments above, do you really like Medicine as a course? ..... give your self some privacy and self reflection and note tangible reasons why you really don't want to study the course, just before meeting your parent.

Your personal opinion gets to count here even before convincing your parent.
Re: Just Finished Studying Microbiology But Now Want To Study Accounting by LegendaryLover(m): 5:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
Sadia1992:
You can go for both, i think with ICAN you can simply become an accountant even without Bsc in accounting(you have to research online or even here on nairaland, better still contact jarushub.com) within 2yrs u should be done with ICAN
Though i will advise you to go for medicine bcs of job availability bcs we have a lot of chartered accountant without job nowadays.
he will have to take ATSWA first before ICAN (because of no previous professional degree in the field) before he can be chartered accountant. You need a Bsc in Accountancy or ATSWA certificate before you can take any ICAN exam. So i would advice he start his Masters in microbiology or direct entry to medicine while at the same time doing this one. Total time for both ATSWA & ICAN may be 3 to 4yrs.
There are special extra coaching classes for ATSWA & ICAN in every State, which he can start attending in the evenings after receiving lectures during the day in Medical fields.
i studied accounting in uni.

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Studying Microbiology But Now Want To Study Accounting by DigitalBotNG: 5:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
There is a certification that some people don't know,
This is my advice,

Get a job in a financial institution or a place where u handle financials, mustn't be a bank,read about the CFA certification and go for it instead.

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Studying Microbiology But Now Want To Study Accounting by Ayooola19: 12:35am On Nov 02, 2021
I holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (3rd Class), I have 4 papers exemptions in ACCA Certification exams. How many ACCA exam papers do I need to pass to secure an entry level Accounting job.

(1) (Reply)

E-learning Platform That Offers Practical Courses At Affordable Rate / Toyota Breakers / Call For Application – African Union, African Youth Ambassadors For Peace (AYAP)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.