Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,667 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Read How My Encounter With Jesus Changed My Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Read How My Encounter With Jesus Changed My Life (164 Views)

My Encounter With The Marine World. / My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / Jesus Changed My Genotype From AS To AA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read How My Encounter With Jesus Changed My Life by sesantoke(m): 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2020
I grew up as the first child in a family of eight comprising of my dad, mum, and my beautiful sisters in the former capital city of Nigeria – Lagos State. My father worked with the Federal Government for so many years until he retired. My mother on her part was for the most part of the period we (the children) were growing up, a petty trader.

We struggled through school as the people in my country were hit severely by the effect of the Structural Adjustment Programme (SAP) introduced by the then military administration. The family depended solely on my father’s monthly income and the little income from mother’s petty trading.

The story around my My encounter with Jesus will greatly motivate you and encourage you to seek personal encounters with God face to face or through the Bible

Served With An Eviction Notice
A combination of improper administration of the nation’s resources and economic recession made my father’s monthly income to become irregular. This development badly affected the family and we found it difficult to feed ourselves. Paying the accommodation fees became very impossible and the owners of the property served us with a “pack out” notice.

Things were very tough. My father and mother ran to friends and relatives for help, which came. The accommodation fees and some other debts were settled. This was to be a temporary relief as the worst was yet to come!

A year after my High School (Secondary school) education, my father was retired and gratuity and pensions were not forthcoming from the government. The same old problem reared its head again. Feeding became very difficult and we were served with another “pack out” notice. We finally relocated to cheaper accommodation on the outskirts of the state where all the necessities of life – electricity, pipe-borne water were missing. Help was no longer coming forth from anybody.

Related: Subscribe free: You can also subscribe to receive over 20 Christian ebooks on faith, Christian business, finance, problem-solving, etc. Please read more at free Christian ebooks of faith

Pains of Godless Living
We were left to “enjoy” the pains of our God-less living. My dad took to farming, mother continued her petty trading, and I gained admission into a higher institution. It was during my time in the higher institution that I began to look at the way we have lived our lives all this while. I began to see in my “inner mind” how real success has eluded us because we chose to put our trust in men – the government, friends, and relatives.

We never had a relationship with God and we really struggled. My lovely and ever-caring dad and mum worked very hard but I realized hard work alone could not bring success.

Read more and other faith-based stories

(1) (Reply)

Mega Youth Conference Tagged RELEVANCE Begins Today. / Power Over Sin - Pastor Adeboye / Are You Looking For A Child. In The Next 10 Months I See Babies In Your Hands.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.