Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,649 members, 7,865,606 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:31 PM

I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! (752 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Which Church In Nigeria Do U Think Has D Highest Attendants???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 21, 2011
I was down with a terrible news about two weeks ago.  I thought it was seriously the end for me, I was ballin' in tears. My mom kept telling me to pray, but due to my disbelieve, I rolled my eyez at that (not in front of my mom tho, phew  grin ).
On the 18th, What I feared came thru and I didnt know where to turn. Something went wrong with an academic application of mines.
All the 18th thru yesterday night, I got down on my knees and prayed over my Bible. I was so distraught and just so out of it. Thinking it was a matter of time I gave up on my academic dreams.
This morning, I kept waking up and something kept telling me to check my status. . . I was like, it hasnt even been two days since my second "try", so its impossible. But I kept waking up in the middle of the night, till I finally decided to check it exactly 8:29AM this morning. At first I thought I was seeing things, or I was suffering from shutdown.
I quickly ran to my campus to talk with one of the staffs. . . . and it was indeed a beautiful thing to hear.

I just want to say than you, Jesus!!! Prayer is a powerful thing. Even through my huge waver in faith, my scorning the Lord, he still showed me mercy. He still looked upon me with grace and love.

Thank you Jesus. I am definitely going to Church this Sunday and many more to come  grin

P.S Psalm 24

1 The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it,
   the world, and all who live in it;
2 for he founded it on the seas
   and established it on the waters.

3 Who may ascend the mountain of the LORD?
   Who may stand in his holy place?
4 The one who has clean hands and a pure heart,
   who does not trust in an idol
   or swear by a false god.[a]

5 They will receive blessing from the LORD
   and vindication from God their Savior.
6 Such is the generation of those who seek him,
   who seek your face, God of Jacob.[b][c]

7 Lift up your heads, you gates;
   be lifted up, you ancient doors,
   that the King of glory may come in.
8 Who is this King of glory?
   The LORD strong and mighty,
   the LORD mighty in battle.
9 Lift up your heads, you gates;
   lift them up, you ancient doors,
   that the King of glory may come in.
10 Who is he, this King of glory?
   The LORD Almighty—
   he is the King of glory.
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by Dulcet7(m): 6:43pm On Jan 21, 2011
Reading this I am so happy for you, my friend!

My heart is very glad for you indeed, Ileke-Idi!

God really loves you smiley
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by JeSoul(f): 7:34pm On Jan 21, 2011
I rejoice with you oh Ileke smiley

May God continue to smile on you and your entire family. May your lips never cease to sing His praise. May your life be a constant reminder of His faithfulness and may your light so shine before all men, that they may see and give glory to God. Amen oh! Congratulations.
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by tpia6: 7:40pm On Jan 21, 2011
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I was down with a terrible news about two weeks ago.  I thought it was seriously the end for me, I was ballin' in tears. My mom kept telling me to pray, but due to my disbelieve, I rolled my eyez at that (not in front of my mom tho, phew  grin ).
On the 18th, What I feared came thru and I didnt know where to turn. Something went wrong with an academic application of mines.
All the 18th thru yesterday night, I got down on my knees and prayed over my Bible. I was so distraught and just so out of it. Thinking it was a matter of time I gave up on my academic dreams.
This morning, I kept waking up and something kept telling me to check my status. . . I was like, it hasnt even been two days since my second "try", so its impossible. But I kept waking up in the middle of the night, till I finally decided to check it exactly 8:29AM this morning. At first I thought I was seeing things, or I was suffering from shutdown.
I quickly ran to my campus to talk with one of the staffs. . . . and it was indeed a beautiful thing to hear.

I just want to say than you, Jesus!!! Prayer is a powerful thing. Even through my huge waver in faith, my scorning the Lord, he still showed me mercy. He still looked upon me with grace and love.

Thank you Jesus. I am definitely going to Church this Sunday and many more to come  grin

P.S Psalm 24

I do not like commenting on others beliefs especially when they are based on faith but here I go against by better judgement. So all the logical inconsistencies and incoherence in the bible does not mean anything to you anymore because God supposedly gave you a leg up? In a world with billions of impoverished, maltreated, and malnourished people(including children who die daily as a result), you are telling us the God of Christianity decided to fill up some its divine intervention quota lubricating your academic career path?  If all it takes to sway your belief is a ambiguous outcome that does not seem supernatural in the least then I cannot help but think your belief is a bit shallow.

This is especially due to the fact that Christianity is for better or worse more than just miracles. Either way I wish you the best in your pursuits.
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 21, 2011
Hello ileke Idi. the Ekiti woman. We had some exchanges on a certain thread ( not a bad one though) then i took u as an unbeliever or let me say down in my mind i assumed that u are probably an atheist. Reading this part in ur post

My mom kept telling me to pray, but due to my disbelieve, I rolled my eyez at that (not in front of my mom tho, phew ).

means my assumption could have been correct. However i'm really happy for u. Reason being that God didn't disappoint u even though u never believed. Thats our God for u. He works mysteriously and his ways no man can determine. The bible says God made known his ways to Moses, his deeds to the people of Israel Psalm 103. @Ileke, God just confirmed what David his servant had said by showing his deeds to u

I pray u miracle will remain permanent in Jesus name
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by alexleo(m): 9:15pm On Jan 21, 2011
@poster,
God has various ways of making himself known to us and he does it in the best way that you can understand. Thanks be to God For his manifestation in your life. Pls, dont leave God. i repeat, Pls, dont leave God. Our God Is Great and he is our life and our everything. God will help you my dear.
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by Nobody: 3:54am On Jan 22, 2011
Thank you guys. . . . I just wanted to take the moment to thank God.

I dont like proving my belief on NL, def not the right place. But I'll let this one slide.

Idehn:

I do not like commenting on others beliefs especially when they are based on faith but here I go against by better judgement. So all the logical inconsistencies and incoherence in the bible does not mean anything to you anymore because God supposedly gave you a leg up? In a world with billions of impoverished, maltreated, and malnourished people(including children who die daily as a result), you are telling us the God of Christianity decided to fill up some its divine intervention quota lubricating your academic career path?  If all it takes to sway your belief is a ambiguous outcome that does not seem supernatural in the least then I cannot help but think your belief is a bit shallow.

This is especially due to the fact that Christianity is for better or worse more than just miracles. Either way I wish you the best in your pursuits.

The Bible is so full of many contradictions, which some may call "mistakes". That is a total fact. But why so? Because the Bible was written by different men, as a doctrine to guide his fellow Christians in Christianity. Men are prone to make mistakes.
My faith and my worship is between me and my God, not solely on the Doctrine of man.

What led to my disbelieve in God was a very personal issue. I was dealing with a very painful moment. . . . To say that my believe has restore fully would be lying to not only God, but also to myself. It's a journey, yes. I am walking the trail, but I am not alone.

Thank you God for this everlasting day. Thank you thank you.
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by Nobody: 3:55am On Jan 22, 2011
I am so happy and joyful, and I wanted to tell my testimonies to man. To let man know how wonderful my God has been to me.
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by Nobody: 3:57am On Jan 22, 2011
I hope u continue to pray not just in time of hardship grin wink
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by fstranger1: 4:10am On Jan 22, 2011
@OP:At 44 you are still in college taking elementary algebra and you call that a miracle?

What would you say when you start taking courses in string theory, relativity and what not.

Msheew!
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by fstranger1: 4:16am On Jan 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI link=topic=590348.msg7580326#msg758032[b:
6 date=1295664938]
I am so happy and joyful, and I wanted to tell my testimonies to man. To let man know how wonderful my God has been to me.

Nah, You just want to brag to us on how smart you are to have eventually passed algebra.
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by Nobody: 4:34am On Jan 22, 2011
@rokiatutu

lol I hope so too grin

@fstranger

You be funny boy sha, I even have someone's grandma in my class lol. Age aint nothing grin
I am not yet at algebra's level plz o. That thing is too hard. what is x+4= 5? Does x stand for iyan and egusi? lol
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by alexleo(m): 8:06am On Jan 22, 2011
The Bible is so full of many contradictions, which some may call "mistakes". That is a total fact. But why so? Because the Bible was written by different men, as a doctrine to guide his fellow Christians in Christianity. Men are prone to make mistakes.
My faith and my worship is between me and my God, not solely on the Doctrine of man.

What led to my disbelieve in God was a very personal issue. I was dealing with a very painful moment. . . . To say that my believe has restore fully would be lying to not only God, but also to myself. It's a journey, yes. I am walking the trail, but I am not alone.

Thank you God for this everlasting day. Thank you thank you.

[quote][/quote]

My sister, you are reading the bible like a literature or a novel thats why you are seeing those contradictions. When you read the bible with the interpretations of the Holy spirit, you wont see those things you call contradictions anymore.
Again your love for God will always be tested. And if whenever he tests your love for him by not granting you a request you decide to disbelieve him that means you dont love him at all. Or does it mean if your dad refuses to grant a request you asked of him you hate him and disown him as your father? Or does it mean that if your husband refuses to give you something you requested of him, you hate him and disown him as your husband? God created us in his own likeness and gave us the power to choose whatever we want just like him. God does not interfere in our choice rather he will only tell you the consequences of any choice you make and allow you decide. For him to know how much you have decided to love him, he has to put you on trial and when such trials come, that is when to prove to God that you Love Him more than anything. God wants us to love him more than anything. He wants 100 percent love and if you cant give it to him, that means your love for him is just on the surface and not deeply rooted.
I am saying these because God will keep on trying your love for him from time to time and please always stand for him and stop this your shaky shaky relationship with Him. God bless you my sister.
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by simplymee: 9:03am On Jan 22, 2011
@ poster
true to it , i just the rest to say halelluyah with a note of advice my sis, in anything that u do or see just know that harder things will appear but keep your faith in God trusting HIM all d way. U said its personal , pls have a personal relationship with God via his word and Prayers. ONCE AGAIN CONGRATULOBIA. GOD BLESS U
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by Odunnu: 10:46am On Jan 22, 2011
I thankGod for your miracle,but much more than that,I thankGod for your repentance. I was beginning to fear for you
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by Odunnu: 10:48am On Jan 22, 2011
I thankGod for your miracle,but much more than that,I thankGod for your repentance. I was beginning to fear for you
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by fstranger1: 10:55am On Jan 22, 2011
Odunnu:

I concur cutie pie cheesy
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Odunnu:

I think if we truly love her, we still have more work to do on her behalf i.e by praying for her to fully turn back to God 100%. the bolded part in her quoted post remains my concern. What Ileke needs to know that anyone who must trust in God whole heartedly must be prepared for little challenges. If she faces another one, hope she wouldn't go back into disbelieving God. l pray she wouldnt do that sha
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by seyibrown(f): 2:35am On Feb 02, 2011
Uleke-udi, d'iro m'olorun! E s'oni ko ye duro t'ini bi Olorun! Oun k'ebi, k'ara, k'ore ye se, Olorun ni i se o! My sister, if anti-christs entice thee . . . . refuse their invitation and go the 'mo b'olorun duro' way! We continue to pray for you! God bless you!
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by Jenifa1: 2:41am On Feb 02, 2011
wow congrats on your acceptance!!! Glory be to God

I think there should be a testimony sub-section.
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by Nobody: 2:44am On Feb 02, 2011
Jenifa_:

wow congrats on your acceptance!!! Glory be to God

I think there should be a testimony sub-section.
My acceptance? shocked Into the house of God? Yes o

Anywaz, thank you, my sista.

seyibrown:

Uleke-udi, d'iro m'olorun! E s'oni ko ye duro t'ini bi Olorun! Oun k'ebi, k'ara, k'ore ye se, Olorun ni i se o! My sister, if anti-christs entice thee . . . . refuse their invitation and go the 'mo b'olorun duro' way! We continue to pray for you! God bless you!
hehehe, my Ekiti sister, plz continue to pray for me o!!! I'm not even half-way into my goal cool

@alex and toby

I've heard you two, and thank you.
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by fstranger1: 2:47am On Feb 02, 2011
On behalf of Tpiah,

I say Congratulations

Oye na amori ooooo

Esu o ni ya wa ooooo.

It is well! grin
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by Jenifa1: 2:49am On Feb 02, 2011
I guess acceptance into the house of academics cheesy just remember me when you win the pulitzer tongue
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by Nobody: 2:50am On Feb 02, 2011
Jenifa_:

I guess acceptance into the house of academics  cheesy  just remember me when you win the pulitzer  tongue

So you telling me I can get a Pulitzer in gymnastics?  tongue
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by Jenifa1: 2:51am On Feb 02, 2011
yes. write about your gymnastic experience and sell it to us tongue
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by fstranger1: 2:51am On Feb 02, 2011
Jenifa_:

I guess acceptance into the house of academics  cheesy  just remember me when you win the pulitzer  tongue

Pulitzer ko, Pussytzer ni!

Atole
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by Nobody: 2:54am On Feb 02, 2011
Jenifa_:

yes. write about your gymnastic experience and sell it to us tongue
lol, sure, why not?

btw, you sure you aint Nigerian? You remind me of someone.
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by fstranger1: 2:58am On Feb 02, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

lol, sure, why not?

btw, you sure you aint Nigerian? You remind me of someone.

I am a Nigerian.

Why did you ask?
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by mabell: 9:41am On Feb 02, 2011
@Poster
If harder trails come and then you pray and pray and don't see any change, what will you do then?
Re: I Just Want The House To Help Me Shout Allelujah! Glory Be To God In D Highest! by nuella2(f): 10:28am On Feb 02, 2011
@Poster

I believe God has a purpose for your live, dont let the devil rob you of it. May you walk in paths of righteousness all your days in Jesus name. Amen.
God loves you dearly.

(1) (Reply)

Discipled For Prey Or Discipled For Exploits! / Things You Wouldn't Believe Are In The Bible / The Nigerian Fools Who Think They Can Fool God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.