Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,868 members, 7,841,260 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors (13749 Views)

Stop Blackmailing Me, Okorocha Tells Ihedioha / Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos / 'Call Oshiomhole To Order' Okorocha Tells Buhari Over 'God Punish Obasanjo' Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by oz4real83(m): 3:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
SoNature:

How's that related to the topic?
how did he tackle poverty in his state in his 8years as governor? How many imolites did he remove from poverty?. My comment was just a reminder of What he did as governor and that he should stop being an hypocrite. As for u, if u don't have the capacity of grasping what somebody is saying whether connotatively or denotatively, why not read and move on instead of making mockery of yourself?

1 Like

Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by Thetruthalways: 3:54pm On Jun 05, 2020
Finnese001:

the one that have been taking care of our useless northern brothers
You are a big fool...and indeed stupid...
Foolish bastard
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by Sweeetheart(m): 3:55pm On Jun 05, 2020
Jman24:

Do you understand what you typed at all?..

you think everyone is as dumb as you ba?
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by Finnese001: 3:56pm On Jun 05, 2020
Thetruthalways:
You are a big fool...and indeed stupid... Foolish bastard

your father I guess
mkpi

1 Like

Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by Thetruthalways: 3:56pm On Jun 05, 2020
Binikingdowm:
They are the same. Northern leaders think they are punishing the Southerners not knowing they are killing the future of their people.

They sponsor Boko Haram just to make money off the weapon sales and to make Niger Delta resources.

They sponsor herdsmen, almajiris, and bandits so they can hold the country down and drag us backward.

Very evil people
You might think you are not an illiterate for knowing how to write...but hell nooo...
You are just stupid and doesn't know how to put the small knowledge you posses to good use...
All you said here is just plain stupidity and trash....go and get a life
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
FlordFlorez:
He has spoken nothing but the truth. Tackle poverty and solve almajiri system.
Which truth, are you aware each state are given funds meant for that specific state and generate revenues to the government?
What happens to the indegenes of that state that needs to give education to its people.
What happens to indegenes whose state resources are used to generate state revenue to the government?
The almajiris should go back to their states for their state government to take care of their respective education and jobs. I think it is a slap on the face of their host.
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by wink2015(m): 4:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
A former Governor of Imo State, Senator Rochas Okorocha, has faulted northern governors over what he described as the shoddy way they handled the repatriation of Almajirai to their home states.

Okorocha said instead of humiliating the Almajirai, the governors, as well as the rich in the region, should have transformed them through education.

He said poverty and hunger were the real problems and not the Almajirinci system as being viewed by the regional governors.

The former governor, now a senator, said this in an interview on the Hausa Service of the British Broadcasting Corporation monitored in Kaduna on Tuesday.

According to him, many of the governors and other prominent Northern elite today, were products of the Almajirinci system, adding that all the governor needed to do was to transform them educationally.

He cited his Rochas Foundation as an example of how the challenge could be handled.

He said his foundation built schools in Kano, Yola, Zaria and Sokoto where Almajirai and other less privileged children were educated and taken care of free of charge.

Okorocha said, “These children (Almajirai) need help; educate them and give them jobs. Who knows, one of them could be a president tomorrow.

“The governors and other rich individuals should help transform the Almajirinci system of Islamic education instead of subjecting them to humiliation. Many of our prominent people now were once Almajirai.

“Hunger and poverty are the problems. The governors should look at that and help resolve it. The Almajirai are not the problem.

“The Almajirinci system had its origin from the migration of Prophet Muhammad (PBH). When he migrated from Mecca some people followed him in search of knowledge and they were catered for. They were not left hungry. They were fed.

“Some of us have materials that we don’t need, give such things to the Almajirai and help improve their lives. We all have children.”

https://punchng.com/tackle-poverty-not-almajirai-okorocha-tells-northern-govs/?

HOW CAN NORTHERN POLITICIANS TACKLE POVERTY WHEN THEY ARE BLINDED BY RELIGIOUS DOCTRINE.

Their mindset is turned to NIGER DELTA CRUDE OIL which they stole to themselves forgetting the true owner.

NORTHERNIZATION AND FULANIZATION is now the hallmark of the Buhari presidency.
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by anytexy: 4:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
saraki2019:
Okoroxha is wrong here , poverty is on the MIND and almijiri system is the root course of poverty.
If we can stop almajiri, a poor will limit his children to what he can feed and not to just born and throw away for alms
Okorocha is making politicall statement for his 2023 presidential ambition.
To me made no point at all.
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by Thetruthalways: 4:37pm On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=Finnese001 post=90342490]

your father I guess

mkpi[/quote
Keep guessing fool...thank God its a Guess...
Me am referring to you...foolish you
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by Jman24(m): 4:48pm On Jun 05, 2020
Sweeetheart:

you think everyone is as dumb as you ba?

Oh, please check your punctuations and stop being reactive unnecessarily.
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by Finnese001: 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=Thetruthalways post=90343803][/quote]

household idiot
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by Sweeetheart(m): 5:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
Jman24:

Oh, please check your punctuations and stop being reactive unnecessarily.

punctuation in a short simple sentence? who was your English teacher? that's if you attend secondary school

Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by oneman2k7: 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
why is it that people head tend to be correct when they are not in power or out of power?

give him chance now, na bad governance
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by abbasajao(m): 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
He has spoken well. Poverty is the mother of almajiri.
Why is it that senators will leave senate to contest for governor and after 8 years of 2 terms still want to go back to the same senate?
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by johnmartus(m): 7:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
angry
beeblack:
The statement shows that the people of Imo state are out of poverty.

Is it the poverty that makes poor man to give birth to 8 or more children?
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by biggyone: 7:52pm On Jun 05, 2020
iwaeda:

Nobody is useless

the northerners are useless...take it or leave it...
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by sweetgala(m): 9:23pm On Jun 05, 2020
iwaeda:
We only speak truth when we are out of governance

Okorocha has been known for his foundation and generosity before he ever became a governor. The man has been a multi millionaire for decades.
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by Mryacks: 10:12pm On Jun 05, 2020
kellyjoesteve:
Honest true

I agree with what he said too..
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by Chamberlin1983(m): 12:39am On Jun 06, 2020
There must always be a starting point. Change can be made by abolishing something very important. It can be culural or religious. In this case, if the abolishment of the almajiranci system can bring about sporadic change and development, then why not? The system if abolished, can help the children to the realities of westernization there by helping to curb some vices and reducing poverty in the region.
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by Thetruthalways: 1:21am On Jun 06, 2020
Finnese001:

household idiot
Just compare who is an idiot between you and I...
Useless human being....
You must exhibit your stupidity and hatred
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by DedeNkem: 4:04am On Jun 06, 2020
OkoroAWUSA.
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by eagleu: 4:30am On Jun 06, 2020
Is this foul representing Imo or almajiri at the Senate?
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by adejuve: 7:06am On Jun 06, 2020
Will u keep quite, poverty is different from people giving birth massively and throwing dem on d street to constitute nuisance in d country. Gov.el rufai,don't mind him oo.just continue ur good work.we SAY NO TO ALAMANJIRI
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by Finnese001: 8:01am On Jun 06, 2020
Thetruthalways:

Just compare who is an idiot between you and I...
Useless human being....
You must exhibit your stupidity and hatred

you don't need a seer to tell you what is obvious,I don't love you and your kind.

Are you okay now
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by B2mario(m): 9:15am On Jun 06, 2020
sevo:
Ogbeni, go sleep...how many poverty did you tackle when you were governor of IMO state...

He tackled many. He was my governor. Leave media and come to Imo state and see for yourself.
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by badman007(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2020
Education is the key.

No single Nigerian state has managed to achieve UBE. Our Federal Government is useless.

Boko Haram FG
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by TEDHorsePower: 11:03am On Jun 06, 2020
[s]
B2mario:

He tackled many. He was my governor. Leave media and come to Imo state and see for yourself.
[/s]

Face your cursed dilapidated filthy shithole Abia state for once.
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by B2mario(m): 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2020
TEDHorsePower:
[s][/s]

Face your cursed dilapidated filthy shithole Abia state for once.
Who is this guy sef? Is like you are overcrossing the line.
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by TEDHorsePower: 1:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
[s]
B2mario:
Who is this guy sef? Is like you are overcrossing the line.
[/s]

What I am saying is that you should be more concerned about your useless cursed backward Abia state.
Re: Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors by Thetruthalways: 4:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
Finnese001:

you don't need a seer to tell you what is obvious,I don't love you and your kind.

Are you okay now
Thats why i said you must be a big fool and stupid...
I know that you don't... You don't need too...just that you don't have to exhibit your stupidity here...
Hypocrites like you will be joining campaigns against racism, whereas you your self is worst than a racist....
You find it very hard to hide your hatred...its indeed disheartening....Go get a life and drop that miserable one grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) / Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN / Tukur, NWC Members To Resign Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.