Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post (60279 Views)

European Union Backs Okonjo-Iweala For WTO Job – Bloomberg / President Buhari Nominates Kingsley Obiorah As CBN Deputy Governor / Buhari Nominates Emefiele For Second Term As CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by joiyke89: 6:32am On Jun 05, 2020
NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA FOR PRESIDENT
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by okedoyinolabisi(f): 6:34am On Jun 05, 2020
Amotolongbo:
What about Akinwumi Adesina?

We just have to present a more sellable candidate. Who is more sellable than Okonjo Iweala for now?
Definitely “same individuals” that have greatly excelled globally.

I quite agree with you
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by victorazyvictor(m): 6:36am On Jun 05, 2020
kettykings:
if this is true then the Igbos and PDP members in the south east should understand the man has turned a new leaf

He is now the man in charge since the other one is now in 6ft.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Soundcoded(m): 6:36am On Jun 05, 2020
WakeNbaked:

Why do you want nairaland to compete with jiji? If you make you platform to compete with jiji na crime?
With nairaland, the market will grow fast by generating most of its traffic from the forum, and also, nairaland has made a name as the no. 1 forum in Nigeria which will help the market to grow fast to compete with jiji. We need a strong competitors with jiji.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Evii: 6:39am On Jun 05, 2020
Raxxye:
Hmmm. I doubt if Buhari would want to nominate a former member of GEJ's cabinet. If it's true, then congratulations to her. But why should we continue to recycle same individuals for so many years?

He will. Go research the role Buhari played for the emergence of AfDB president.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by victorazyvictor(m): 6:40am On Jun 05, 2020
seunmsg:
Kudos to the president for this kind gesture. At least, Igbos can now let us rest on this forum. Those among them praying for the downfall of Adesina simply because he’s from the south west can now get preoccupied with praying for their Igbo daughter’s success.

I can also bet nobody will talk about nepotism on this thread. The fact that the president withdrew support from Yonov Agah, a Nigerian from the north central and now supports an Igbo lady should not go unnoticed. If it was the other way round, the fury of hell fire would be a child’s play to what they would bring down tonight. I wish her the best in the election.

grin you think say we don't know his plan?

Okonjo: Presidency in my mind, Buhaji I don't need your nomination.

They want to lure her off her dream and the choice of the people come 2023. grin
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Saao(m): 6:45am On Jun 05, 2020
Raxxye:
Hmmm. I doubt if Buhari would want to nominate a former member of GEJ's cabinet. If it's true, then congratulations to her. But why should we continue to recycle same individuals for so many years?
u want to be nominated? Can your candidate sell faster like her?
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Stakeholders(m): 6:45am On Jun 05, 2020
I just can't stop respecting this madam. Maybe because of expert role he played for Dr Jonathan by telling him to save of which he deny, because of influence of Governship forum.

Or because I'm Economist too. Either the way, I wish her success in this one too

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Blackking98(m): 6:50am On Jun 05, 2020
God, please may my wife and daughter's to be Excell in life just like this woman, IJN amen.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by SoNature(m): 6:53am On Jun 05, 2020
Admitwithschola:

You are not correct - his behavior is not unethical and he is causing no trouble. If you are an insider, you should know that there are forces with different interests and investigations have vindicated him. The claim of no due process followed has been shown to be weak.

America cannot control AFDB. This is not the world bank where America is the largest shareholder. They're not first and certainly not second.

Then who is?

The US cannot be calling the shots in an institution they don't heavily fund.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by frog12: 6:55am On Jun 05, 2020
when a blind man says he can see the sky, who will help him again?
he can be nailed for giving his friend a contract. it is unethical but like buhari said, i must support him, and we must all support him so the foreigners will not control AfDB.

Admitwithschola:

You are not correct - his behavior is not unethical and he is causing no trouble. If you are an insider, you should know that there are forces with different interests and investigations have vindicated him. The claim of no due process followed has been shown to be weak.

America cannot control AFDB. This is not the world bank where America is the largest shareholder. They're not first and certainly not second.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Mightyhaiz: 6:59am On Jun 05, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Are u abnormal sir?
you haven't been paying attention
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Peacecoy19: 6:59am On Jun 05, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Commendable. Her excellency is arguably uncompareable. Mr president knows that.
This is national interest, International lobby demands you present a most visible and acceptable candidate .That is what Nigeria did not that the withdrawned candidate was not qualified.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by SoNature(m): 7:00am On Jun 05, 2020
FortuneDeGreat:
No need calling me names, if you've been following the thread you should've known my stand, I too am Igbo, a core Igbo for that from Anambra state.
I was only trying to mimic the proponents of Niger delta, those who often refer to Niger deltans as the minorities whose part doesn't have any Igbo identity.
I was just being sarcastic but even if I was serious, that shouldn't have earned me the insult.
I can easily report you for that and have you banned but for the sake of nwanne, I forgive you.

I was going to attack you until I saw the comments that came after that one

I think you should edit it
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by LoveThemChubby(m): 7:00am On Jun 05, 2020
Raxxye:
Jobs like that require vast experience and even Bubu has realized that if Nigeria must get it, she has a better chance at it than the permanent rep to WTO
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Blackking98(m): 7:03am On Jun 05, 2020
Job2004:
The Northern People President.
President for the North and by the North.
If there was a Northerner with the same Qualifications with Okonjo, I bet you BUBU will not have nominated her.
seriously? Me I don't like Buhari but are you being serious now? Human beings are extremely difficult creatures tufia.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by SoNature(m): 7:09am On Jun 05, 2020
seunmsg:
Kudos to the president for this kind gesture. At least, Igbos can now let us rest on this forum. Those among them praying for the downfall of Adesina simply because he’s from the south west can now get preoccupied with praying for their Igbo daughter’s success.

I can also bet nobody will talk about nepotism on this thread. The fact that the president withdrew support from Yonov Agah, a Nigerian from the north central and now supports an Igbo lady should not go unnoticed. If it was the other way round, the fury of hell fire would be a child’s play to what they would bring down tonight. I wish her the best in the election.

Hate will never allow you think well

Grow up because you are better than this

Adesina is being probed today for helping Nigerians, including Igbo people

I don't see why any rational Igbo will want him booted out

I remember Peter Obi openly drumming up support for him

Again, grow up...YOLO
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Lawmak: 7:14am On Jun 05, 2020
Una wan kill this woman with work?
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Inda2020: 7:15am On Jun 05, 2020
他们想要我的心灵,灵魂和我的身体。秘密社会试图盯着 我。 但是我会把它隐身在一个他们找不到我的地方!해튜켜 큐코너 ㅁㅎ녘 노뉴너뉺캬ㅓㄴㅎ누넌ㅍ녀뉴논 킄ㅍㅋ ㄴ 큐. ㅓ 뉴너뉸 人士官长 者勿
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by OChimex: 7:15am On Jun 05, 2020
Modikko:
Educate yourself Man. Government cannot appoint everyone no matter how good the person is. There are other people who are as good as Madam Ngozi but prefer to play on the International scene. Amina J Muhammad resigned as Minister for Environment to become UN DSG, if you now what that is

The point is, they are not even trying to appoint them. Let them appoint them and let them reject it, then they know they have done their parts. but hell no.

Come on Mr. ask yourself a question who amongst the appointee in this present government is intelligent and doing wonderfully well like any of those guys they are loaning to the international teams? At least appoint those proven smart guys at the international level if possible all.

Super eagle is inviting all Nigerians doing exceptionally well outside to come play for them, and they won't stop inviting any talent outside.

If you were a team and all your loanee players are doing exceptionally well outsides won't you want to recall them back into the team?

After all, Real maldrid once had all the world best players in their team at a particular time.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Deltatoto: 7:15am On Jun 05, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Ogwashi ukwu Amaka grin cheesy
is her presence bin felt in Ogwashi?im from Ogwashi training a female child is pure waste of money.If it was a man that had these opportunities
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Blackking98(m): 7:18am On Jun 05, 2020
seunmsg:

Still the same excuse. If the favored person is Igbo, it’s because he/she is the most qualified for the position in the world. No other person is qualified so the president has no choice. If it is someone from another tribe, it is nepotism.

See, it’s really becoming embarrassing and you guys really need to stop this. Appreciate the wonderful gesture of the president and stop being an ingrate.
seconded. Some igbos on nairaland exhibit this trait called superiority complex and it's really disgusting. Buhari could have supported the northerner and heaven wouldn't fall, he's the current no 2 of the organization so he has some leverage. Notice how I said "some nairaland igbos", I added NL cus the igbos I know in real life are very different from the ones on NL, before some market women will start quoting me that I hate igbos. Anyway I wish her success, I tap into her blessing for my wife and daughters to be, this woman is always working in one prestigious place or the other, true true who God bless no man can curse.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by West2019(m): 7:19am On Jun 05, 2020
no any fresh graduate that can hold that position mr president , Nigeria done tire me .
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Gandollar(f): 7:19am On Jun 05, 2020
kettykings:
if this is true then the Igbos and PDP members in the south east should understand the man has turned a new leaf
buhari turn a new leaf? Not in this lifetime!
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by athaboi(f): 7:22am On Jun 05, 2020
Strech:
oga! The bottom line of these your baseless argument is She is a Nigerian. E.O.D period.
hahahaha who's this one again?? I don't understand the argument you are talking about, which argument please abi una no dey tire for here
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Gandollar(f): 7:23am On Jun 05, 2020
seunmsg:

Still the same excuse. If the favored person is Igbo, it’s because he/she is the most qualified for the position in the world. No other person is qualified so the president has no choice. If it is someone from another tribe, it is nepotism.

See, it’s really becoming embarrassing and you guys really need to stop this. Appreciate the wonderful gesture of the president and stop being an ingrate.
Your mouth like ingrate!

This position is the exclusive preserve of learned people. Fulani unfortunately can be pushed here.

Buhari had no choice but sign her nomination and she stood a better chance than the other nigger

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Adeyeye09(m): 7:25am On Jun 05, 2020
This woman is an asset to this country mehn. Just look at all her accomplishments. Such a pride to the nation.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Nnannapat(m): 7:26am On Jun 05, 2020
Soundcoded:
What do you think about nairaland developing an online marketing app to compete with jiji?
I think it will go a long way to better Nigeria online marketing especially when it will be competitive with "jiji", the Nigeria no. 1 online marketing store.
One of the advantage is that it will grow fast especially when some of its traffic well be generated from nairaland forum and will be very competitive
Your head is full of wisdom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by mutahmakinta: 7:29am On Jun 05, 2020
After they loot out the life out of our economy they now looking for quick fix
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Emmerlee(m): 7:30am On Jun 05, 2020
FortuneDeGreat:
Another thing, you're a pure hypocrite, you never would ever wish her the best.
It's simply a vast contrast to your real intent.
Hearts of men are evil.

Exactly brother. The heart of that guy is pure evil.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Gandollar(f): 7:30am On Jun 05, 2020
Blackking98:
seconded. Some igbos on nairaland exhibit this trait called superiority complex and it's really disgusting. Buhari could have supported the northerner and heaven wouldn't fall, he's the current no 2 of the organization so he has some leverage. Notice how I said "some nairaland igbos", I added NL cus the igbos I know in real life are very different from the ones on NL, before some market women will start quoting me that I hate igbos. Anyway I wish her success, I tap into her blessing for my wife and daughters to be, this woman is always working in one prestigious place or the other, true true who God bless no man can curse.
Hmmm..fair enough.

But NOT f Igbos are a pain in your ass, then you are yet to meet online Yorubas who also have taken it upon themselves to be online hausas, I swear you would cuss God for how useless and arrogant they are, thinking they are the best thing to happen to Nigeria after Agege bread. Hiss

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Ebelechukwu, Willie Obiano’s Wife And Plastic Surgery Rumours (Photos) / Fayose Eats At Amala Joint In Abuja (Photos) / Burial Photos Of Afeez Ismail Who Was Gunned Down During Apc Rally In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.