Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

See Pictures From The Memorial Of George Floyd - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See Pictures From The Memorial Of George Floyd (614 Views)

Floyd Mayweather 's Check To Pay For The Funeral Of George Floyd Who Was Killed / Man Who Survived A Ghastly Accident Shares Graphic Pictures From The Scene / Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Pictures From The Memorial Of George Floyd by domesifa(m): 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
The casket of George Floyd sits before the podium during his memorial service at North Central University, Thursday, June 4, in the U.S. city of Minneapolis.

Mourners gathered Thursday in Minneapolis, Minnesota, for the first of three memorials for George Floyd, the man whose death in police custody has led to more than a week of nationwide protests demanding justice and systemic reforms.

Civil rights leader the Rev. Al Sharpton led Thursday’s private service for family and friends.

“We remember the long list of those that were killed unjustifiably by law enforcement and those that were killed unjustifiably because of double standards, bigotry and racism,” Sharpton said in a social media post hours before the service. “We think of their loved ones, we think of what they could have been. We think of the contributions that they could have made, and then we get up and do something about achieving justice and fairness.”

A public viewing and private service is scheduled for Saturday in North Carolina, the state where Floyd was born, followed by a large service Monday in Houston where he spent most of his life.

Protesters welcomed the move by prosecutors in the state of Minnesota to charge three additional officers in connection with Floyd’s death, and demonstrations Wednesday night in numerous cities were once again largely peaceful.

https://www.voanews.com/usa/mourners-honoring-george-floyd-us-protesters-demand-reforms

Re: See Pictures From The Memorial Of George Floyd by Iytech(m): 10:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
Quite sad!

RIP George Floyd.

May God protect all blacks in the US.
Re: See Pictures From The Memorial Of George Floyd by Aonkuuse(m): 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2020

Re: See Pictures From The Memorial Of George Floyd by Coder2Client(m): 10:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
May his soul rest in peace
Re: See Pictures From The Memorial Of George Floyd by Freestainworld(m): 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
Rest on brother.
Re: See Pictures From The Memorial Of George Floyd by philiancoop(m): 11:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
black burial
Re: See Pictures From The Memorial Of George Floyd by CarzAnn: 9:54pm On Jan 08, 2021
I'm sorry... because human life is priceless. Well, this news spread all over the world and brought a lot of people together, besides, I remember that crime and street robberies increased after this incident and I believe that this is wrong. Anyway, people had no right to take advantage of the situation making street riots. You may not share my opinion, but I would like my children to live in a peaceful world. Honestly, I think Floyd got a tribute that he didn't deserve, and what do you think about that? However, Floyd's death has become a symbol of people's discontent because cops often kill blacks because of racism and it's terrible. Therefore, I believe that it is necessary to install bronze memorials monuments in some states as a reminder of this incident.

(1) (Reply)

31+ Swedish University Scholarships 2021 For International Students / MH370 Was Shot Down By US Air Force For This Reason / FRSC Recruitment 2021/22 Portal: How To Apply, Requirements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.