Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks (21714 Views)

Video Of Ighalo's Lekki, Lagos Mansion. Money Is Good / Odion Ighalo Lifting Up Chinese FA Cup Trophy With Shanghai Shenhua / Shanghai Greenland Shenhua: Ighalo Unveiled As No. 9 For Chinese Football Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by RTSC: 11:41am On Jun 05, 2020
majamajic:

China league is on break , and he is earning his China 300k still , his contract with China is on , just that their league is on break cos of coronavirus ,
He must have taken a significant pay cut to extend his loan deal.

Chinese clubs are not stupid.
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by danduchi(m): 11:47am On Jun 05, 2020
IsraelSongz:

You were making sense till You mentioned ManU not caring about African Players. Quit Racism.
thats not racism but fact.
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by danduchi(m): 11:48am On Jun 05, 2020
joshjc:
those guys you mentioned played for top clubs when they were younger,this the last chance for ighalo to play for a top club
the little fun he had is enough. Dude will regret his action, trust me
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by danduchi(m): 11:57am On Jun 05, 2020
obonujoker:

He's on loan bro... His total pay package is 300k in his Chinese club.

Manutd is paying 130k out of the 300k
says who? Go and read news online where it was stated vividly that Ighalo will take a pay cut from parent club to secure a loan deal to United. You think the Chinese club is stupid. What's the point of the loan deal when united is far from winning a trophy. He couldn't bench Martial that plays out of position, shey na Rashford he wan come bench. Very dumb move. He should've left with his head high. Dude will spend most of his time on bench
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by K4daniel: 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
Men, i love this decision, chinese league na for retirement.sometimes all is not money...football still dey ighalo body..you can't compare Uk premier league with china, most expecially in this period of corona..he will not want to go back and face those chinko for any money for now.Africa highest go scorer in our tough nations cup don't deserve chinko.

Imagine just few months with United, he had proven to be better than some of the highly rated strikers.The guy is already stinkingly rich so all the money you guys are shouting he missed no reach anywhere, Now he needs a place he could be happy and shine again.Then at later end go get a bastard deal with China.

My boy!!!! Naija strong spirit will help u finish well, break record and scatter premiership with goals never seen before.It is well with you ijn.
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by majamajic(m): 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
RTSC:

He must have taken a significant pay cut to extend his loan deal.

Chinese clubs are not stupid.

I don't think, just that man utd is paying 133k weekly out of the 300k
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by grandstar(m): 12:37pm On Jun 05, 2020
Starboyyy:
OP its "Shanghai Shenshua" not "Shenhus"

BTW, Odion Ighalo is really winning the hearts of Manchester, this is the way a club remembers Legends, won't be surprised if after a great season, He ends up being given an honorary award or even a statue. It clearly shows he's playing for passion and not money.

And that's worth more than any money he'll ever make, His children will be proud of him.
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by RTSC: 12:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
majamajic:

I don't think, just that man utd is paying 133k weekly out of the 300k
That was in the former deal.

He is supposed to go back to China now, which he declined in favour of extending United loan.

So you don't expect the Chinese club to still be paying him to fulfil his dreams.
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by Playermayweda(m): 12:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ighalo as a Man u fan I'm happy with ur decision, Don't listen to others no be the same people wey insult you after world Cup, Them no care about you no mind them
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by Philosopher1979: 1:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
RTSC:

It is peanuts compared to the alternative.
And there is no security by way of long term contract.

They will dump him if they get a decent striker.

Ighalo did not get good advise, or maybe he just didn't listen.

Anyway, he is already a rich man.

Ighalo is building a brand and leaving a legacy and that is important. Besides they might not bench him. He has allready made money.
When nigerian players are not playing for big teams you complain. Now that one is you are complaining again. Let him take his chance and fight for a place.
Abeg ighalo go make am. Make u leave the guy. Why should he be afraid of rashford or anybody else. He will prove himself
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by Androidlic: 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
ok
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by RTSC: 1:23pm On Jun 05, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Ighalo is building a brand and leaving a legacy and that is important. Besides they might not bench him. He has allready made money.
When nigerian players are not playing for big teams you complain. Now that one is you are complaining again. Let him take his chance and fight for a place.
Abeg ighalo go make am. Make u leave the guy. Why should he be afraid of rashford or anybody else. He will prove himself
It could pay off in the end.

A United legend status has benefits attached to it.
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by TDray01: 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
Let's pray and hope MAN UNITED gives you such respect and fulfill your dreams.
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by xjiggy: 1:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
charles009:
At 31, his best years are certainly behind him. I am struggling to understand the rationale behind such seemingly naive move.

Go for the bucks buddy, you will need tons of it sooner than later. Learn from songs story..
At 31, he may never have a chance to play for Man utd again. This happens to be the biggest club of his career and his life long dream. He has money already, and if properly invested, is settled for life. There are some Dreams we will pay money to realize. He's been paid to realize his life long dream. Mind you, United are paying him six figures in pounds per week which when converted will settle most of us for life. I've always dreamt of driving a Dodge challenger hellcat. Give me a Bentley, I'll sell it. A Bentley is more expensive but i prefer the Dodge challenger.
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by uvie66: 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2020
robosky02:

https://www.completesports.com/ighalo-my-man-united-dream-bigger-than-shanghai-shenhus-megabucks/
Ighalo, you can say money is not everything in life because you are no longer poor.
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by Warmaterial(m): 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
Starboyyy:
OP its "Shanghai Shenshua" not "Shenhus"

BTW, Odion Ighalo is really winning the hearts of Manchester, this is the way a club remembers Legends, won't be surprised if after a great season, He ends up being given an honorary award or even a statue. It clearly shows he's playing for passion and not money.
and u still don't get it, is Shanghai Shenhua
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by xjiggy: 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
wiszzy101:
We have some best players in the world, that gives out their best in football, but today they not been remember. Even those that's make their name in some big clubs. Who's the Bleep care about we're they played before. What's matters is living a comfortable life after football.
Living comfortably after football has to do with how well u invested not how much u earn or stock up. Alan shearer, David Beckham and Michael Owen are very rich but are not been paid the mega bucks Sanchez and Pogba are earning. A classic example is Ronaldo de lima and Ronaldinho. Today, De lima is Richer that Ronaldinho but Ronaldinho earned more during their playing days. People like Adebayo spent their money buying Bentley and Lamborghini but do you know Ighalo biggest vehicle.... a Range rover vogue
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by UKBobo(m): 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2020
OYA...take paycut na.
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by chukasson(m): 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
obonujoker:

Yeah... That means he's foregoing a whooping 100k cheesy
exactly
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by majamajic(m): 2:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
RTSC:

That was in the former deal.

He is supposed to go back to China now, which he declined in favour of extending United loan.

So you don't expect the Chinese club to still be paying him to fulfil his dreams.

No he can't go into China cos of coronavirus visa policies , i think it's a cool deal for everyone . Cos even the Chinese league is not on yet. So it's a fair deal to everyone
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by UltimateDayg: 3:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
KAHBOOM:
Wot a fool angry

Man u na ur papa club?
Man u will discharge u next year and u will regret ur decision.

U are nearing retirement age..U should be thinking of stocking up money now u have the golden opportunity.
Man u is a big club.They will use u for a short while and discharge u for a bigger player in the nearest future.

People Sha, assuming he agreed with the Chinese club offer and turned Manchester United down, you would have blamed him for being greedy et all
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by JastSiryin(m): 4:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
KAHBOOM:
Wot a fool angry

Man u na ur papa club?

U are nearing retirement age..U should be thinking of stocking up money now u have the golden opportunity.
Man u is a big club.They will use u for a short while and discharge u for a bigger player in the nearest future.
Oga no dey insult am abeg. Not every decision in life should be dictated by monetary gain. There is such a thing as ambiton, and in football, the two sometimes do not correlate. Depending on how he performs he could even play for another season. The best we could do is wish him success. You humans are insatiable
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by willyjacs(m): 5:35pm On Jun 05, 2020
KAHBOOM:
Wot a fool angry

Man u na ur papa club?

between u nd ighalo, who should be thinking of stocking money?
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by Mryacks: 9:57pm On Jun 05, 2020
Mr. Ighalo, You have the right to decide what ever you want as long as it does not hurt anybody...its your decision mate!
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by abbiboy: 11:12pm On Jun 05, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
Even though the pay in China is mouth watering but playing for the Red Devil is a big highlight for him, and the dream of at least 60% of professional footballers in the world.

I Wish him well.

GGMU.

Why u no preach for the brazilian duo oscar n hulk say money is not everything.I just pity is future,make him ask udeze how him end up as brila fm employee.
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by abbiboy: 11:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
I just pity this young man's future,any slip up the chinese will just throw ur $400k contract to the dustbin.

Ask udeze how he ended up as brila fm employee after his professional career.
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by danduchi(m): 5:53pm On Jun 24, 2020
eni4real:
We will see shocked
hoping you're seeing now. Today's lineup, no Ighalo

Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by danduchi(m): 5:54pm On Jun 24, 2020
IsraelSongz:

You were making sense till You mentioned ManU not caring about African Players. Quit Racism.
hope u read me mentioned African players and not black players
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 24, 2020
danduchi:
hoping you're seeing now. Today's lineup, no Ighalo
Ighalo has Man United DNA.
He will deliver the team when it matter most!!!
Re: Ighalo: My Man United Dream Bigger Than Shanghai Shenhus Megabucks by danduchi(m): 7:41pm On Jun 24, 2020
eni4real:
Ighalo has Man United DNA.
He will deliver the team when it matter most!!!
at the expense of the bench abi.. Dreamer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo scores on his record 200th international cap for Portugal / Rollover 10,000 To A Million Naira With Just 2odds / Throwback Photo Of Stephen Keshi On His Posthumous Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.