Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,716 members, 7,862,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:46 PM

Meter Payment Replacement Disagreement - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Meter Payment Replacement Disagreement (411 Views)

Original Apple Airpods And Airpods Replacement Parts / Prepaid Meter Online Application Guidelines and Instructions for AEDC Customers / How to Apply for Ikeja Electric Prepaid Meter - Full Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meter Payment Replacement Disagreement by obed92(m): 1:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
Good day Nairalanders, please, I have a pressing issue I'd like the house to enlighten me on what to do. Recently my compound is having light issues with the meter and it was adviced that the compound goes for new three phase meter because of the load. So, during the general meeting called by the Landlord, he said that the cost of the new three phase meter which is #70,000 plus would be shared according to the tenants living in the compound. And from my findings, the meter when installed will be the Landlord's property at the end. Should anybody leaves, the meter remains in the current house. Please, advise me on what to do. As this is rubbing Peter to pay Paul.
Re: Meter Payment Replacement Disagreement by otunbablacq: 1:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
My honest suggestion to you is that you all should get single phase meter maybe per 2 tenant so it can be managed properly. The meter is the responsibly of property owner. However, after your lease expired you can pass on to another tenant to recoup your expense. If you need further guide you can reply with location, hw many tenants?
Re: Meter Payment Replacement Disagreement by ITbomb(m): 1:48pm On Jun 05, 2020
It should be deducted from the rent.

Meter is landlord property.

Or you plan for prepaid meter
Re: Meter Payment Replacement Disagreement by obed92(m): 9:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
Mushin road my brother.
otunbablacq:
My honest suggestion to you is that you all should get single phase meter maybe per 2 tenant so it can be managed properly. The meter is the responsibly of property owner. However, after your lease expired you can pass on to another tenant to recoup your expense. If you need further guide you can reply with location, hw many tenants?
Re: Meter Payment Replacement Disagreement by obed92(m): 9:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
My brother, i don tire for this thing. The man wants to use the tenants money to pay for a property that will be his after all. Pls any legal advice to back up this for me? Cos I wnt pay it.
ITbomb:
It should be deducted from the rent.

Meter is landlord property.

Or you plan for prepaid meter
Re: Meter Payment Replacement Disagreement by Iamjoybob: 8:32am On Jun 08, 2020
My legal advice to you is to discuss it with the Landlord.
Meter should be provided by the Landlord because it is undertood that when you leave, the Meter remains on the property.

He should be the one that should provide it for you, if he cant at the moment all the tenants can agree to buy it provided There's an Agreement that it will be deducted from the rent. That Agreement should be In writing. A Simple piece of paper will suffice.

Another option is to buy a single face Meter so each tenant has his/her own Meter so when you are leaving, you can leave with it because you paid for it with your money.
Make him understand that of you are paying for a Meter you are taking it with you when ypu leave.

(1) (Reply)

Pay 10m And Spread Balance Over 18months For A 4 Bedroom Terrace In Lekki / Spacious Mini-flat At Isheri-osun 10mins To Jakande Gate Isolo / SOLD!!! New Niko Home Theatre For Sale At Giveaway Price @15k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.