Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Nigerian Lady Rejected From Marrying Her Desired Igbo Lover Because She's Yoruba - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Lady Rejected From Marrying Her Desired Igbo Lover Because She's Yoruba (202 Views)

Nigerian Lady Dies Aboard Emirates Airlines (Photo) / An Ethiopian Daughter Had Sex With Father To Stop Him From Marrying Fiancée / “RIP To Myself” — Ayanfe Bassey, Nigerian Lady Wishes Death Upon Herself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Lady Rejected From Marrying Her Desired Igbo Lover Because She's Yoruba by Asuneblog(m): 2:36pm On Jun 05, 2020
A Nigerian lady identified as Adeolar, has taken to her Twitter handle @dearolaa, to reveal how her 2 years of relationship with her man is on stake because of tribe issues.

According to her, Adeolar who hails from the yoruba tribe of Nigeria was rejected by her lover's Mother from marrying her son because of tribal differences. While Adeolar's man hails from the Igbo tribe of Nigeria, her "supposed" mother-in-law had rejected their union due to the tribal differences.

While lamenting on her sad ordeal, she said it's almost 2 years and no positive result yet. Even though she has attempted to move on, her lover keeps appearing to her pleading for a little while patience.

Visit http://www.asuneblog.com.ng/2020/06/nigerian-lady-rejected-from-marrying.html to read more on this
Re: Nigerian Lady Rejected From Marrying Her Desired Igbo Lover Because She's Yoruba by Adrian9(m): 2:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
Will the girl's parents live with the couple if they eventually get married?

Some parents deserve SLAP offering!

This concept of marrying an entire extended family should stop!

Let the girl follow her heart and not her parent's preferences!

It will not be a sin at all! God is not partial, but in every nation ,the one that fears him is acceptable to him

Prejudice is a sin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Rejected From Marrying Her Desired Igbo Lover Because She's Yoruba by Futuragetty: 2:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
It is a familiar ground. No matter how we pretend. but Marrying from your tribe has its merits. Besides the cultural compatibility, when things backfire, no one can gloat, we warned him that tribe is unmarriageable.
I feel bad she was ditched by her man because her mother-land didn't like her.

Na bia anyi, Ofu onye ada anu nwanyi. So if the family that you're getting married to, doesn't want you.

my sister, Flee oh, I know what my mom passed through before I grew up.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Rejected From Marrying Her Desired Igbo Lover Because She's Yoruba by Amotolongbo(f): 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2020
As a typical Yoruba person, we have an adage which says “oko/iyawo buruku see fe, ana buruku ko see ni” (having a bad partner is better than a bad in-law).

I will advise that she lets the man go, if she isn’t welcomed by the man’s mother. Though it is very hard to do, I understand that. There are million and one mothers that will take her as their daughter-in-law.

This is Africa where we are deeply attached to our roots, where decisions before taken are first relayed to both immediate and extended families and consent sought. We can’t however act foreign, cos if any problem happens in the future, the “wife” will still need consulting the “in-law” for solution, association or correction, how will this be possible if she wasn’t accepted initially?

I’m not being tribal here, I noticed yoruba women are rejected by parents/families on the other side of River Niger from marrying their sons.
While the Yoruba men are still given the chance to marry the Igbo girls. This is understandable because the marriage is more of a business, bring the required bride prize and we give you the girl.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Rejected From Marrying Her Desired Igbo Lover Because She's Yoruba by Aidlyfe: 3:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ofe nmanu ke?! Just like when you dodge a bullet.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Atiku’s Local Government Part Of New Nation Carving Out Of Nigeria / Divisions Of Nairaland / “you’re A F**king Liar, I Wasn’t Naked” – Mercy Eke And Omashola Fight Dirty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.