Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain (2458 Views)

Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) / Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York / Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by azorjiu(m): 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2007
When will the giant of africa rise?
When will this vertically challenged country grow up?

Thousands of nigerians deported from Libya!
Millions deported from Cameroon!
Many more deported from Europe!
Others on their way from america!
When will this stop?

Is there no human right in Spain?

Our leaders please fix this nation.
Nigerians have lost their pride.

http://africa.reuters.com/country/NG/news/usnL11606882.html

Nigerian dies on deportation flight from Spain
Mon 11 Jun 2007, 8:07 GMT

[-] Text [+] MADRID, June 11 (Reuters) - A Nigerian illegal immigrant died while being deported from Spain with a restraining gag over his mouth, Spanish media reported on Monday.

The Iberia jet flying 97 passengers to Nigeria had to turn back to Spain and land in Alicante on Saturday after crew discovered that Osamuyia Aikpitanhi, 23, had died, newspaper El Pais said.

Police union sources told El Pais Aikpitanhi may have died after swallowing a gag taped over his mouth to prevent him biting extradition officers.

Spain, which received more immigrants than any other European country in 2006, has stepped up deportations and entry refusals to 23,000 so far this year.

The 23-year-old Aikpitanhi, who was being deported with three other Nigerians, was wanted in his home country for rape and murder and had a string of violence charges in Spain.

His family believe police punched and kicked him, the paper reported.

Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by romeo(m): 10:58pm On Jun 13, 2007
it's incredible my brother and the worst is that they said he's wanted in Nigeria for murder and rape charges
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by denex: 11:12pm On Jun 13, 2007
Lesson #1 to all Nigerians especially all these Bini people:

Stay One Place!!!
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by romeo(m): 11:46pm On Jun 13, 2007
denex:

Lesson #1 to all Nigerians especially all these Bini people:

Stay One Place!!!

poverty is your problem young man and the day you start making money you'll start reasoning well
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by denex: 12:02am On Jun 14, 2007
@Romeo

Why you dey fear? Is it because you're slowly beginning to realise that your time in Spain is up. We are the ones going to the Spanish embassy on Kofo Abayomi everyday, telling them that we love you people and we want you back.

We have been sending memos to the Spanish authorities that you people were trafficked to Spain without your consent so they should track you down an free you from your captors. They undertand the reason why you guys resist arrest. It is due to the network of traffickers that threaten you not to return. But don't worry Romeo, we will protect you. We will teach you a handwork and give you all necessary support. Don't be afraid! We care for you.
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by romeo(m): 12:20am On Jun 14, 2007
denex:

@Romeo

Why you dey fear? Is it because you're slowly beginning to realise that your time in Spain is up. We are the ones going to the Spanish embassy on Kofo Abayomi everyday, telling them that we love you people and we want you back.

We have been sending memos to the Spanish authorities that you people were trafficked to Spain without your consent so they should track you down an free you from your captors. They undertand the reason why you guys resist arrest. It is due to the network of traffickers that threaten you not to return. But don't worry Romeo, we will protect you. We will teach you a handwork and give you all necessary support. Don't be afraid! We care for you.

ohh!! you are begging for visa there in lagos? now i understand your frustrations! poor soul
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by MILITIA(f): 12:30am On Jun 14, 2007
adradage! Uyai!------ Where are you and your bini/Edo pride? See "our" broda for spain oh! grin At 23 when most people are setting out to make their futures bright--this one is graduating from rape and murder!----God knows what next! Anyway the lord has solved the problem! If na true ohhhhhhhhhhh! I dey shame! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by MILITIA(f): 12:34am On Jun 14, 2007
@denex
Dem be mai pipo so no discrimination grinStay one place ke?  Whosai!  They will refuse to go to school but look for every short cut (abi na court) in this world to get rich quick! The most arrogant SOBs you can ever encounter! One by one you will all be fished out so the normal ones can remain! angry I dey shame! embarassed
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by denex: 1:20am On Jun 14, 2007
Abeg make una help me beg Romeo to self-deport now before he becomes the next victim. Better come back by yourself or else you could face kicking, beating, tranquilizing, gagging, bagging and possibly death.
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by stranger12: 10:08am On Jun 14, 2007
Now you know where CNN's allegiance lie.
This would have been breaking news if it was an European death in the hands of Nigeria.

STAND UP FOR YOURSELF, FIGHT FOR THE DEAD!
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by romeo(m): 11:04am On Jun 14, 2007
denex:

Abeg make una help me beg Romeo to self-deport now before he becomes the next victim. Better come back by yourself or else you could face kicking, beating, tranquilizing, gagging, bagging and possibly death.

denex even if they deport me from Europe I'll still be richer than your poor ass and if you see me in Nigeria anytime i bet you it will be full of admirations and an un-ending exclamation of wow! wow!! wow!!.

@topic
stranger12:

This would have been breaking news if it was an European death in the hands of Nigeria.

exactly my brother

that is why today you have channels like al-jazeera, cnn is so biased and that motivated the Arabs to get their own channel to counter their news, and if we Africans want a similar thing we must have a news channel that is equal to the task,
this is actually the second time a Nigerian deportee from Europe is dying because of gagging and we are all not taking this serious, and i think the admin of this site should put this thread on the homepage
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 14, 2007
romeo:

denex even if they deport me from Europe I'll still be richer than your poor ass and if you see me in Nigeria anytime i bet you it will be full of admirations and an un-ending exclamation of wow! wow!! wow!!.

@topic
exactly my brother

that is why today you have channels like al-jazeera, cnn is so biased and that motivated the Arabs to get their own channel to counter their news, and if we Africans want a similar thing we must have a news channel that is equal to the task,
this is actually the second time a Nigerian deportee from Europe is dying because of gagging and we are all not taking this serious, and i think the admin of this site should put this thread on the homepage
Stand up for what my Brother, A murderer and a rapist fleeing justice, if it was your Sister he attacked and killed, how will you feel? Its good ridance to very bad rubbish and a lesson to other young people with misplaced priorities, there is no shortcut to success.
What have our leaders got to do with this, the murderer should have been shot they shouldnt have wasted money for flight.
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by romeo(m): 11:19am On Jun 14, 2007
aisha2:

Stand up for what my Brother, A murder and a rapist fleeing justice, if it was your Sister he attacked and killed, how will you feel? Its good ridance to very bad rubbish and a lesson to other young people with misplaced priorities, there is no shortcut to success.

what are u talking about? the spanish authority said that he's a rapist and they deported him to nigeria? where did he commit the rapes? here in Nigeria? or in spain? and the murders too? i can only come to agree that the dead young man was a murderer and rapist if the nigerian govt. confirms so after all the investigations
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by romeo(m): 11:26am On Jun 14, 2007
aisha2:

What have our leaders got to do with this, the murderer should have been shot they shouldnt have wasted money for flight.

reason like a normal person please and not like osama bin laden
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by angel101(f): 11:37am On Jun 14, 2007
romeo:

what are u talking about? the spanish authority said that he's a rapist and they deport him to nigeria? where did he commit the rapes? here in Nigeria? or in spain? and the murders too? i can only come to agree that the dead young man is a murderer and rapist if the nigerian govt. confirms so after all the investigations
Exactly. Lets assume he did all he is alleged to have done. even then shouldnt he have his day in court? y would anyone suggest that he should have been shot! some people on this forum just chant absolute rubbish! wait until ur own rights are trampled on and then we'll see how much u will like it.  angry
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by romeo(m): 12:27pm On Jun 14, 2007
thank you my sister fort noticing my point there and sorry for the grammatical errors there
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by DisGuy: 12:42pm On Jun 14, 2007
stranger12:

you are saying we should fight for ourselves and mentioning CNN at the same time  undecided
There's a reason we have Nta and co stop waiting for foreign news group to do your work!!

the nigerian high commission in spain have been a bit quiet probably chasing some skirts about town as usual
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by azorjiu(m): 3:48pm On Jun 14, 2007
I don't know if we should believe in the rape and robbery crap.
They always device an escape route to hide their atrocities.

Remember in 2005 when Mr Meneze wa shot at a tube station in london?
Didn't the metropolitan police say he was wearing a heavy jacket they taught concealed a bomb?
Didn't they say he jumped the ticket barrier?
Didn't Mr. Ian Blair say the shooting was directly linked to terrorism?

But when what actually happened was revealed, Meneze was not wearing a jacket.
He never jumped a ticket barrier. We was murdered by over-zealous policemen.

Forget about all the allegation levelled against the poor boy.
He was murdered by the spanish immigration.
This is cold blood murder.
It is only in nigeria that this could happen and people don't care a dime.
I weep for nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by Rlst84sale(m): 8:56pm On Jun 14, 2007
Personally I don't beleive that the guy was wanted for such crime in Nigeria. What eveidence do they have?. It was only a cover up because of international response. Someone in Nigerian police office might have received bribe. If the guy had actually committed such crimes as claimed by Spanish government, wouldn't they have tried and sentenced him by fair trial or due process of law?. He was gagged and covered until suffocated. If they don't make such statement in their defence how would a country like Spain explain it to the iternational community?.  That's just a cover up and a lie.
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by hbrednic: 2:55am On Jun 15, 2007
if this people were sending home anini to answer his charges in naija,as claimed,why did they cowardily turned back the flight after 3hours on air.
even if the guy is the worst criminal ever,he still deserves fair justice,every accused remains innocent untill proven otherwise.
where is the human right? a young life cut off just like that?
i feel like punching somebody in the face, but god dey anyway.
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by romeo(m): 3:33pm On Jun 28, 2007
Nigerians protest killing of citizen by Spanish Police

A MASSIVE protest by Nigerians is to be staged tomorrow across the globe to demand a probe into the maltreatment and subsequent killing of a Nigerian, Osamuyia Aikpitanhi, by Spanish law enforcement agencies on June 9, this year.

The march, being organised by a group called Concerned Nigerians Worldwide (CNW), is billed to hold in over 20 countries.

According to reports, Aikpitanhi, a Nigerian immigrant, was arrested by Spanish agents and "loaded" into an Iberia aircraft bound for Lagos, Nigeria.

The operatives beat the Nigerian, bound his hands and legs firmly with ropes, and put a gag over his mouth."

And the man died.

"This is murder," claims Mr. Uche Nworah, spokesperson for the United Kingdom chapter of the CNW.

He added: "Mr. Aikpitanhi, a human being, was treated worse than an animal - his crime was coming to Spain to try and make a better life for himself and his family. Illegal immigrants are deported from host countries all the time, but the level of force used by the Spanish officials was excessive and unjustified. "

The protests will take place at Spanish Embassies worldwide, including those in the United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA), France, Germany, Spain, Brazil and Nigeria. Country chapters of CNW are setting their local times, but full information is available at Hyperlink.

(1) (Reply)

Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man / Travelling To Ghana For The Cfa Exams? / Direction To Glover Street Ebute Metta Lagos. (urgent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.