Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain (1673 Views)

Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) / Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York / Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by jandonguy: 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2007
This is just plain appalling

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/newsflash/nigerian-citizen-gagged-and-killed-by.html

We, the undersigned write to strongly protest the horrible and dehumanizing death of a Nigerian citizen, Osamuyia Aikpitanhi in the hands of Spanish law enforcement agents on June 9, 2007.

In a bid to deport Mr. Aikpitanhi from Spain to Nigeria , We understand that Spanish law enforcement agents employed measures that were unreasonable, inhumane, illegal, and, ultimately, fatal. According to reports, Spanish law enforcement agents arrested Mr. Aikpitanhi, beat him, bound his hands and legs firmly with ropes, and put a gag over his mouth. The Spanish Officials then loaded him like an animal onto an Iberia aircraft bound for Lagos , Nigeria . Finally, the law enforcement agents covered him with a sack in order to prevent other passengers traveling on the aircraft from observing the undignified and inhumane manner in which Mr. Aikpitanhi was restrained. Mr. Aikpitanhi, a human being, was treated worse than an animal.

Shortly after the aircraft became air borne, Mr. Aikpitanhi died. He died an inhuman death, bound, gagged and soiled in his own waste. Apparently, he choked on the gag that the law enforcement agents had put on him. The Spanish law enforcment agents murdered Mr. Aikpitanhi.

The Nigerian community worldwide is shocked and appalled that Spain, a member country of the European Union and a signatory to the European Convention on Human Rights, would permit her law enforcement officials to conduct themselves in the macabre fashion that that are in complete contravention of all International Human Rights Instruments and their protocols. Arrested persons have rights and are indeed presumed to be innocent until proven guilty by a competent court of law. And, even in the event of conviction, are entitled to decent and humane handling in transit in conformity with the International Declaration of Human Rights as well as treatment that conforms with human decency.

While in general, the laws of most countries recognize that law enforcement officers may use reasonable restraints to effect the arrest of a suspect, depending on the circumstances, legal standards prescribe that every measure taken should be reasonable. Gagging a suspect to death is extreme, inhumane, and unacceptable in any modern jurisdiction.

Moreover, although the Spanish Government has the right and duty to protect Spain 's borders and enforce its immigration laws, it has become increasingly obvious that Spanish law enforcement agents take a perverse pleasure in treating Nigerians and other Africans inhumanely. There appears to be a practice of consistent negative, racist, and discriminatory treatment of Nigerians and other Africans by Spanish law enforcement agents. Mr. Aikpitanhi's murder is only the latest example of this practice.

We hereby PROTEST in strong terms this brutal death in custody of Mr. Aikpintanhi, and make the following demands:

 THAT: the Spanish Government immediately take measures to put an end to the practice of inhuman treatment meted out to citizens of Nigeria and others from third world countries.
 THAT: the deaths, the beatings, the torture, and all other forms of inhumane treatment be immediately put to a stop.
 THAT: an independent investigation be immediately opened into the circumstances leading to Mr. Aikpitanhi's murder.
 THAT: an immediate apology from the country of Spain , be made to the family of Mr. Aikpitanhi
 THAT: an inquiry into the criminal negligence that led to this brutal death be conducted and ensure the prosecution of all the culprits responsible for this reprehensible act.
 THAT: appropriate compensation be paid by the Spanish Government to the next of kin and survivors of Mr. Aikpitanhi.
 THAT: an apology be tendered by the Spanish authorities to the next of kin, parents and or other survivors of Mr. Aikpitanhi and to Nigeria .
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by youngies(m): 2:06pm On Jun 14, 2007
Any official reaction from the Nigerian Foreign Ministry? I guess not. A government indeed we have cry cry
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by denex: 2:27pm On Jun 14, 2007
I am equally appalled by the demands of this group. In all their THATs, they mentioned investigation twice and they mentioned apology twice, but what I knew they wouldn't fail to mention was financial endowment. Nobody should pay any ransom to any opportunist trying to feast on the demise of a relative.

It is also pertinent that one mentions the inhumane treatment that these Nigerians (especially my dearest Bini Boys) put themselves through just to get into Spain.

THAT they impoverish themselves by auctioning off their assets to begin these journeys.
THAT the place themselves in the desert, journeying for days whereby a percentage of them die.
THAT they put themselves in harm's way, usually being raided,robbed and killed during there journeys.
THAT they camp themselves in self made refugee camps where they suffer and starve for weeks.
THAT they put their lives on the line, swimming dangerous waters between Africa and Europe, most of them dying thereby. (albeit, breaking world records without entering the Guinness Book).
THAT they risk their lives and limbs tying themselves to cargo ships and boats. Most times succeeding in killing themselves or getting amputated.
THAT there are bodies littering the beaches of the Canary Islands and Spain daily due to this bewildering adventure.
THAT the Nigerian and Libyan governments have previously attempted to evacuate them.

Now, someone that has tried so hard to get himself killed, why is it so shocking THAT he is dead? Someone that used all his resources to endanger his own life. It is not as if they forced him to swim back to Africa, they didn't drag him back through the desert.

Have this his people whom he abandoned asked why of all the illegal immigrants being deported, only him was gagged and bagged?
Where were they when he was embarking on this journey?
Would they have complained if had died in the waters?

I'm not even going to conclude this because I think THAT they are just thinking on the edge of the box.

And people should stop calling on the government now. The government they claim is useless, the government they say is hopeless, the government that Osamuyi did not believe could do anything for him while he was alive, what could they possibly do for him now he's dead.
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by jandonguy: 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2007
@denex

why don't you look at it this way: if this same Government was incorruptible and transparent maybe they would have provided a much better environment for the guy to live and work in, did you ever consider that, why would a man mortgage off his assets and leave his loved ones to venture into the unknown, does this not spark of desperation, my friend this is the reality facing many nigerians, so I think you better wake up from lalala land and look around you, you might have the luxury or luck of finding yourself in the position of being able to survive in that country but many others don't, and when I say many other I mean at least 60% of the population.

No Light , No water, infant mortality rate is the 5th highest in the world
Bad roads, corrupt officials, no accountablity whatsoever from anyone
Inflationary rates in double figures, exchange rate through the roof!!!
and yet you wonder why he risked his life to search for something better

This is the same Government you are so willing to patronise, is that not psychophancy on a grand scale, please let's not delude ourselves
I ask why did he not leave sooner??

even though you call yourself a Nigerian, why did you have to resort to tribalism and mass generalize "Bini Boys"

and again no one is asking why they dragged him back, i think you missed the point, which was and is the inhumane way he was treated, why was he gagged and tranqulized, is he a dog, it is easy for us to be on the moral high chair now and play armchair critic, just imagine if it was your sister or uncle or friend, would you still take this position, or would you see the double standards being portrayed by the European union countries

This guy is dead, do you hear that, DEAD, he ain't waking up tomorrow, he is gone, he did not die in the desert, not in the water, nor in the country he made it to, he died at the hands of the law enforcers in that country, the fact that there are bodies littering the canary islands does not justify why he should die at the hands of spanish authorities,

and on a moral note, you should at least have some respect for the dead, cos it could have been on of your family or friends, if you can't see it that way then, personally I think you are a fucking idiot!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by denex: 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2007
I agree that the government is bad, everybody knows that the government is bad. But why are we now expecting something good to come out of this government on the death of Osamuyi?

Corrupt officials in Nigeria abi? I guess the law enforcement officials that killed Osamuyi are just performing their duties.

Inflationary rate in double digits? Who the hell do you think you're talking to? From N127 to what new figure? Do you even know the meaning of that statement? The first double digit figure is 10. An inflationary rate of 10% will mean the exchange rate is now N149.70 kobo.

I am not a tribalist but I don't know of any Hausa boys hanging around the Libyan coast. By the way don't assume I am ignorant of what I am saying. I be proper Edo boy and I spent good six years in Benin, our family house dey Siloku Road.

How can you be asking why he was so inhumanely treated on his way back? Did he treat himself humanely on his way there? You also forget that dogs are not tranquilized and adorned with mouth guards just because they are dogs. It is when the go out of control and attempt to bite.

The man died. The man new that this whole adventure came with the obvious risk of death and he did not fall short.

I respect the guy, I really do. It's not easy to do a Dakar Rally with no price money, but what I do not respect is people using his death as another investment opportunity to extract cash from the Spanish government.

As for the "fucking idiot" part, on comment.
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by angel101(f): 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2007
denex:

I am equally appalled by the demands of this group. In all their THATs, they mentioned investigation twice and they mentioned apology twice, but what I knew they wouldn't fail to mention was financial endowment. Nobody should pay any ransom to any opportunist trying to feast on the demise of a relative.

That is the practice all over the world dear. when a crime is comitted either by omission or commission, the agency responsible pays out compensation ok!
It is also pertinent that one mentions the inhumane treatment that these Nigerians (especially my dearest Bini Boys) put themselves through just to get into Spain.

THAT they impoverish themselves by auctioning off their assets to begin these journeys.
THAT the place themselves in the desert, journeying for days whereby a percentage of them die.
THAT they put themselves in harm's way, usually being raided,robbed and killed during there journeys.
THAT they camp themselves in self made refugee camps where they suffer and starve for weeks.
THAT they put their lives on the line, swimming dangerous waters between Africa and Europe, most of them dying thereby. (albeit, breaking world records without entering the Guinness Book).
THAT they risk their lives and limbs tying themselves to cargo ships and boats. Most times succeeding in killing themselves or getting amputated.
THAT there are bodies littering the beaches of the Canary Islands and Spain daily due to this bewildering adventure.
THAT the Nigerian and Libyan governments have previously attempted to evacuate them.

That my dear is a matter of choice and in no way reduces or voids their fundamental human rights.
Now, someone that has tried so hard to get himself killed, why is it so shocking THAT he is dead? Someone that used all his resources to endanger his own life. It is not as if they forced him to swim back to Africa, they didn't drag him back through the desert.

No they did not. They only bound him hands and legs, sedated him, gagged him and covered him with a sack. Apropriate treatment by ur standards ehn? Even the UK has had to go into agreement with exteremist countries that when any of their own citizens (mostly suspected terrorists) are deported from the UK they will not be tortured on arrival in their own home country.

Have this his people whom he abandoned asked why of all the illegal immigrants being deported, only him was gagged and bagged?
Where were they when he was embarking on this journey?
Would they have complained if had died in the waters?

That again is besides the point and still gives no justification for this kind of treatment.
I'm not even going to conclude this because I think THAT they are just thinking on the edge of the box.

And people should stop calling on the government now. The government they claim is useless, the government they say is hopeless, the government that Osamuyi did not believe could do anything for him while he was alive, what could they possibly do for him now he's dead.

The govt is most definitely useless but we as citizens of the country still have the constitutional right to call upon them to act apropriately wether or not they actually respond.
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by Mamajama(m): 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2007
where is amnesty international when you need them ?
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by denex: 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2007
Correct jare! Where is Amnesty O! Ehen, they are the ones that should be carrying this matter on their head. If it was a Nigerian Policeman that tied a Nigerian citizen now, them go cry. If it was a Sharia court that put a human being inside a sack now, them go shed tears. Dear Amnesty International, where are you?

@angel101

I know they pay in these lines of situation, but what amazes me is the speed of the request. Shebi the guy just died yesterday. Have these people even demanded for the body for burial yet?

@angel101

I am not angry that people are harassing the Spanish government for killing a Nigerian, what just ticked me off was the rapidity of the request for a cash laden apology.
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by jandonguy: 5:16pm On Jun 14, 2007
@Denex

For starters let me explain certain things to you in case you don't know.
In mainstream economics, the word “inflation” refers to a general rise in prices measured against a standard level of purchasing power. Previously the term was used to refer to an increase in the money supply, which is now referred to as expansionary monetary policy or monetary inflation. Inflation is measured by comparing two sets of goods at two points in time, and computing the increase in cost not reflected by an increase in quality. There are, therefore, many measures of inflation depending on the specific circumstances. The most well known are the CPI which measures consumer prices, and the GDP deflator, which measures inflation in the goods produced.

you made mention of an exchange rate of 149.70 if inflation rate is 10%, please let me correct you Inflation rate is totally different form the foreign exchange rate, I think you got your marbles crossed there when trying impose and highlight your intellect, sorry about that

I never make mention of things without facts to back them up

Nigerians current inflation rate as regards to consumer prices is at 10.5%, please check this site for proof

http://www.indexmundi.com/nigeria/inflation_rate_(consumer_prices).html

the fact you are from Benin does not neccesarily negate the fact your views are distorted just because the victim is also from Edo state, it does not matter where you are from, so please stop spamming the board with your house address, it just makes people realise you are trying to impose a populist view to suit your argument

so even in death you expect nothing to be done, then what does it take, I guess I now understand why even though Abiola and his wife were murdered the band still goes marching on,

its not just about money, you think if you ask the relatives if they wanted their child back or the money that they would still wish for the money, then in that case Benin must be a breeding ground for soci-paths, although I beg to differ,

it is as Fela kuti once said    " policeman go whip your yansh u no go talk" at some point we need to make and take a stand, it is a pity that a boy had to die for it to get to this, but I rather you join them and ask for justice, if not I suggest you be on your way!!!

and please, please, make sure you understand inflationary rates before you post!!!
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by babasin(m): 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2007
Nobody should pay any ransom to any opportunist trying to feast on the demise of a relative.

as your treat yourself so will other treat you.

This man was killed by Spanish authority, simple

they must pay adequate financial compensation to the family. it simple as that.

cool cool
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by Bankole01(m): 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2007
In line with the discussion on hand, the foreign nationals have no respect for us because we lost respect.

I was unfortunate to witness such barbaric deportation on one of my visits to Nigeria. This guy was being deported form Armsterdam by two officers. They had him lie on the floor of the back sit, and they had their feet on top of him. I was going to the bathroom when I had someone complaining. Looking around, I sawthis guy on the floor scurming and complaining of being treated like an animal. They simply told him to shut up. I fely pity for the guy, but he put himself in the situation!!!!

Our peole when they get punch drunk and full themselves, go on pompous rides. They will go to foreign countries and flash foolish stolen money around. They talk loud, wishing everyone to hear their loud boasts. They are always chiefs and princes/princesses. They are rich government officials, who think they get respect just because they are able to spend money foolishly. They pretend to have all this class and polish when the foreigners know all is not well at home.

They will bribe their ways through anyone and anything. They corrupt and despoil wherever they go. They steal from their own people to hide in another man's land, whil their country goes to ruin. Can anyone realy respect a man/woman like these

In most western nations, almost no one except the very poor and illeterates carry any cash atall. On a given day or days, I don't even have a dime in my pocket. With my credit, debit cards and checks, you can buy whatever you need anytime you want. To see anyone paying for things with huge amounts of cash, almost denotes insanity. That person is looked upon as a drug dealer or thief. In most cases, the profile is almost always correct.

We have lost so mush respect to even dark skinned people of other nations, talkless of white people. Yet, our governement cowtow to white people, kissing their butts and giving them contracts for indredulous amouts of money, as long as they get kickbacks.
They pay billions what a project which could have been easily excuted at home by indegenous conttractors for less money.

Our people go to all lengths to escape from home, breaking all migrant laws to live in a foreign land. Some already in the countries know nothing but how to steal and break law in search of ill-gotten wealth! These and more breed animosity against us. So whenever one of us is caught, he is made to pay for the sins of many.

When we have bad elections and some say its okay and we should live with it for the sake of peace, others are watching, laughing and loosing respect for us! Then, we complain they don't like us and treat us like animals.

Lets face it we behave like animals attimes!!!! We are loud and uncouth!!!!!!. Until we start to respect ourselves, doing things in a civilised way, people will continue to treat us with disrespect and many will die at the hands of their authorities.

Blame the man in the mirror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by falokun(m): 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2007
STOP spending to send sms to phones
THIS WORKS AND WILL WORK FOREVER AMEN!

www.smscity.com/?rid=512230

shocked
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by jandonguy: 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2007
@Bankole01

I understand what you are saying, but no where does it say this guy had stolen money and was flashing it around, no where does it say he was boasting of being a prince or princess, if he was I doubt if spain would have been his destination in the first place,

no where does it say he had embezzled money from projects, I think the point here is being missed

we have to understand that 2 wrongs don't make a right, fine he is an illegal immigrant and for that reason he deserves to be deported, which he was, but please tell me, what was his crime for being killed,

what did he do that could possibly warrant death,

why was he gagged and tranqulized, becos he might use the Jedi mind trick on fellow passengers and invite them to free him, I think not,

the guy has broken the law, and the punishment is deportation, not death, can u imagine the backlash if we depoted a European and he died on the way, forget death, if he was gaged and blindfolded and had a paperbag over his head, can you imagine the backlash?

can you imagine the last few hours of this man's life, regurgitating on his own salive and drowning in his own vomit, beleive me, that is what happens when you suffocate

the punishment for what he did is deportation, not death, to terminate his life and terminate it in such a cruel manner shows a total disregard for the boy, yet we have his kinsmen blaming him, all he wanted to do was to look for a better way to sustain himself and his dependants,

the people who have stolen money provided an environment which was unbearable for the boy to survive, and he sought a way out, now you blame him, is this not a case if shooting the messenger,

just try and imagine if he was your relative, would you say this same thing to your mother if this happend to your sister, you said look within and look at mirror, I think you should too as well
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by Bankole01(m): 6:08pm On Jun 14, 2007
@jandonguy

Please go back and read my piece again. Nowhere did I blame this man nor justified his death.
My piece sought only to blame the atmosphere and prevalence of out inconsistencies and lack of discipline which pushed our peole to desperate lenghts.

We need intropection was my conclusion!
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by redwoman(f): 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2007
This artical really appalls me to no end, it is never a surprise as to the injustices that go on in this world, especially the countries that are suppose to be so "cilvilized". This post really hurts me to the core, how can people do this to other human beings and think that they will go unpunished, karma is for real, please you must let other people know in other countries, post it everywhere that you can. I am african american and this and although this is a travestry, i know that it is not uncommon to people of certain countries.  Please know that there are alot of african americacn that love africa and it's people, i may love it a little more because my husband is Nigerian.  Please it is important that people know what is going on, "the pen is mightier than the sword"

Much love
Redwoman
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by denex: 7:10pm On Jun 14, 2007
@jandonguy

Mr. Lecturer, I did not say inflation was exchange rate. I said a 10% change in inflation would mean a 10% change in exchange rate. But thanks for bringing me up to speed on Wikipedia's most current definition of inflation. I appreciate (honestly).

As for the index mundi people, I won't accept figures from people who say there are only 3 television stations in Nigeria as at April 2007. But thanks all the same.

Now, coming to the fact that I am Edo, I don't know the kind of pride and moral upliftment you want me to gain with regards to my kinsmen going out of this country to rape and rob their hosts.

Then the issue of this man's parents preferring their child alive over money, this man's family encouraged him on a journey which had more than a 50% chance of him dying just so that he can get to Spain and Send them MONEY. They were aware of the possibility of him dying in the desert or waters with which his life would be lost and there would be no financial benefit associated so I dare say that they prefer this case scenario whereby it's a win-lose.

I am not thanking the Spanish authorities for killing a Nigerian. All I'm saying is that this boy could have illegally migrated to Europe without adding rape and robbery to his CV. Not to mention attacking and biting people randomly. Don't even doubt it because that is a trick that PROFESSIONAL Nigerian immigrants employ these days. Claiming they are HIV positive, they try to bite, spit at, and rub lesions on their body against the enforcement officers in order to scare them. So you think I wouldn't tie an HIV patient that is desperately trying to infect me? You people keep forgetting the question I asked. WHY WAS HE THE ONLY ONE BAGGED AND GAGGED?

As for his supporters here, they should have asked for his body before requesting cash. They should have even buried him first before demanding financial leverage.
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by jandonguy: 10:38pm On Jun 14, 2007
@Denex

if I remember correctly I said Inflationary rate was in double figures, I think an inflationary rate of 10.5% does represent double digits, that's when you came up with mumbo jumbo of if it changed by 10% it would change the forex rate as well, please who the hell asked for that, inflationary rate is in double digits, u either agree or u don't, no one asked  what it has increased or decreased by,

Wikipedia, Book of knowledge, world book, you missed the point, you can choose not to accept the facts from the site and bury your head in the sand, I believe that is your own kettle of fish,

what we have to do is look at the facts at hand, the Guy did not rape, at least it has not been roported he did, neither did he bite or scratch
if you remember 2 years ago a brazilian was killed innocently on the london underground after being mistaken for a terrorst, his parents were here in London a week later and said they must be adequately compensated for the loss of their son

no one berated them for that, fine maybe the Nigerian Timing is a bit early and then they do see an opportunity to make money, but does the level of the desperation not reflect the state of affairs in the country, in a country where a quick buck or 2 is the only way forward, try and imagine the desperation that must have made the guy risk his life,

do you know there are guys in this country that survive on 10 000 naira a month, now tell me how the hell the guy is going to make do with that, if nothing else he will resort to thuggery become an area boy or in the case of Osamuyi seek his fortunes over the high seas

what we have to focus on, is that the boy is dead and it is a tragedy, may his soul rest in peace

come on, even you can muster an , AMEN!!!
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by angel101(f): 11:14pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ denex
i don't understand what u are going on about.
first off u seem so sure that the deceased went to spain by road. do u really have that info?
u also allege that he committed rape an robbery in spain. i did not read that in the article. rather it says the spanish authorities claim that he was wanted in his home country for rape which obviously is not certain.
when the brazillian guy was wrongfully killed in lonon, the first reports actually said that he was arab looking, had on a heavy over coat (on a hot summer day) and that he jumped over the barriers and ran unto the train while police tried to stop him. but guess what? all that has been uncovered as lies! every single one of these allegations. what if Osamuyi's case turns out to be the same?
u ask y he was the only one bagged. Is there any info that there was anyone else being deported along with him?
as for the people asking for cash, don't forget that they are not his family members or even his friends. they are just concerned nigerians. members of a forum just like this one.
let us try and have a bit of compassion for our fellow human beings. it just might go some length inmaking us better people inividually and collectively.
may God rest his soul.
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by somebody(f): 11:08am On Jun 27, 2007
@denex, I'm sorry to say that it is very clear how ignorant you are. First of all the protest letter was written and signed by well meaning people, Nigerians and non-Nigerians alike who have asked that compansation is paid to Osamuyi's family not them. I would think that this is because they feel it is the right thing to do. Regardless of his crime or nationality, Osamuyi had the same rights as me and you and in no way does that include cutting short his life for no reason. I cried when I listened to his mother asking Nigerians to help her. Her son was the breadwinner and if he went through those desperate measures you mentioned to get to Spain then all I can say is poor boy. That his situation at home in Nigeria was so bad for him to embark on such a dangerous journey to help his family is even more disheartening than the murder itself. The fact remains that Osamuyi was treated the way he was because the Spanish authorities knew that nobody would call them to order. They couldn't have meted out the same treatment to say an american drug-dealer and not  faced serious consequences. I must admit I WAS shocked to read on this board that the SPanish securty officials were doing their job, says who. They are murderers, as bad as the armed robbers we have back home. They had no right to take someone else's life and I can bet  my life savings that their job does not incude killing a deportee. When I heard of this story, I thanked God for my life and thanked Him that my situation did not require taking desperate measures to better my life like Osamuyi did.
Re: Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain by romeo(m): 3:29pm On Jun 28, 2007
it seems you people do not know that Denex thing, he's so foolish and is always like that, maybe he's still under papa and mama LMAO

@topic
I copied this from Punch
Nigerians protest killing of citizen by Spanish Police

A MASSIVE protest by Nigerians is to be staged tomorrow across the globe to demand a probe into the maltreatment and subsequent killing of a Nigerian, Osamuyia Aikpitanhi, by Spanish law enforcement agencies on June 9, this year.

The march, being organised by a group called Concerned Nigerians Worldwide (CNW), is billed to hold in over 20 countries.

According to reports, Aikpitanhi, a Nigerian immigrant, was arrested by Spanish agents and "loaded" into an Iberia aircraft bound for Lagos, Nigeria.

The operatives beat the Nigerian, bound his hands and legs firmly with ropes, and put a gag over his mouth."

And the man died.

"This is murder," claims Mr. Uche Nworah, spokesperson for the United Kingdom chapter of the CNW.

He added: "Mr. Aikpitanhi, a human being, was treated worse than an animal - his crime was coming to Spain to try and make a better life for himself and his family. Illegal immigrants are deported from host countries all the time, but the level of force used by the Spanish officials was excessive and unjustified. "

The protests will take place at Spanish Embassies worldwide, including those in the United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA), France, Germany, Spain, Brazil and Nigeria. Country chapters of CNW are setting their local times, but full information is available at Hyperlink.

(1) (Reply)

4 Nigerians Arrested In Uae / See This Mega Yacht With An Indoor Pool, An Aquarium & Indoor ‘drive-in Garage’! / Amazing Art Works And Extracts In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.