Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,831 members, 7,813,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

I Cant Smell Odour And My Tongue Is Tasteless - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Cant Smell Odour And My Tongue Is Tasteless (838 Views)

Causes Of Mouth Odour And How To Naturally Get Rid Of It. / Bad Mouth Odour And Persistent Headache. Help! / See How Long This Boy Tongue Is, Longer Than A Pen. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cant Smell Odour And My Tongue Is Tasteless by oladimeji2me: 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
Good evening fellow nairalander,

let me go straight to the point, about two weeks I discovered I could not smell odour and my tongue is tasteless.
This has really bothered me a lot cos I don't like joking with my health. today I visited the hospital the consultant asked me series of questions/am I experiencing some symptoms like cough, catarrh, diarrhea, fever, do I urinate frequently at night. I did not experience any of the questions he asked.
I only experienced headache whenever I cover long distance.
please I need your advice on next line of action concerning my health.
please dont mind my wright up but consider my health.
Thank you all
Re: I Cant Smell Odour And My Tongue Is Tasteless by StubbornGENIUS: 6:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
Sadly,that is one of the symptoms of covid19.Call NCDC before going to the hospital for a medical check up.

3 Likes

Re: I Cant Smell Odour And My Tongue Is Tasteless by Beyhiodie(m): 6:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
I had something similar earlier this week exactly the symptoms you are feeling and head ache when I trek long distance under sun and mine was with loss of appetite too . I opened roll on and can’t feel the odour. But Yesterday I started feeling smell again and the taste too is returning small small. I guess maybe it’s the weather or something

4 Likes

Re: I Cant Smell Odour And My Tongue Is Tasteless by Youngboss54(m): 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2020
A thread was created a week ago and several people purported they experienced the same effect you are currently plagued with, and it seems to be a side effect of the covid-19. Dont panic though, just self isolate and get drugs for malaria(my advise tho)
Pray you recover soon
Re: I Cant Smell Odour And My Tongue Is Tasteless by Fiisty(f): 6:36pm On Jun 05, 2020
Hmm
Re: I Cant Smell Odour And My Tongue Is Tasteless by matinos28(m): 6:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
I percieve only shit these days. I don't percieve smoke or food. I wonder why
Re: I Cant Smell Odour And My Tongue Is Tasteless by Kylekent59: 6:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
A similar thread to this was created last two weeks and it mad FP.

As more topics are created, threads shift downward and pages increases.

I strongly believe it has to do with the weather. Don't mind people saying it's Coronavirus.
Re: I Cant Smell Odour And My Tongue Is Tasteless by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2020
Congrats, you're now a Covid-19 survivor.
Re: I Cant Smell Odour And My Tongue Is Tasteless by yesloaded: 7:01pm On Jun 05, 2020
oladimeji2me:
Good evening fellow nairalander,

let me go straight to the point, about two weeks I discovered I could not smell odour and my tongue is tasteless.
This has really bothered me a lot cos I don't like joking with my health. today I visited the hospital the consultant asked me series of questions/am I experiencing some symptoms like cough, catarrh, diarrhea, fever, do I urinate frequently at night. I did not experience any of the questions he asked.
I only experienced headache whenever I cover long distance.
please I need your advice on next line of action concerning my health.
please dont mind my wright up but consider my health.
Thank you all
Don't panic

Chew vitamin c n eat lots of fruit

In no time u go regain your taste n smell
Re: I Cant Smell Odour And My Tongue Is Tasteless by SirMichael1: 7:29pm On Jun 05, 2020
Good thing you don't have any underlying health conditions such as heart disease, cancer or a faulty organ, else, we'll be discusing another thing now.

Kylekent59:
A similar thread to this was created last two weeks and it mad FP.

As more topics are created, threads shift downward and pages increases.

I strongly believe it has to do with the weather. Don't mind people saying it's Coronavirus.

Bro, what he experiences is a pure reflection that he's assymptomatic to covid 19. I've done the research and it ticks every boxes.
Re: I Cant Smell Odour And My Tongue Is Tasteless by Kylekent59: 7:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
SirMichael1:
Good thing you don't have any underlying health conditions such as heart disease, cancer or a faulty organ, else, we'll be discusing another thing now.

Bro, what he experiences is a pure reflection that he's assymptomatic to covid 19. I've done the research and it ticks every boxes.

Sorry bro, I don't follow the multitudes to believe trash. Many had been loosing their sense of taste and smell back then in the past. So what proof?

Let them go and get tested before one can fully say they have covid-19.

Since coughing, sneezing and spitting out of mucus is absent, then one can't say...

1 Like

Re: I Cant Smell Odour And My Tongue Is Tasteless by oladimeji2me: 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2020
Beyhiodie:
I had something similar earlier this week exactly the symptoms you are feeling and head ache when I trek long distance under sun and mine was with loss of appetite too . I opened roll on and can’t feel the odour. But Yesterday I started feeling smell again and the taste too is returning small small. I guess maybe it’s the weather or something
thanks I really appreciate
Re: I Cant Smell Odour And My Tongue Is Tasteless by oladimeji2me: 9:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
Youngboss54:
A thread was created a week ago and several people purported they experienced the same effect you are currently plagued with, and it seems to be a side effect of the covid-19. Dont panic though, just self isolate and get drugs for malaria(my advise tho)
Pray you recover soon
Amen... thank you
Re: I Cant Smell Odour And My Tongue Is Tasteless by manuelcc(m): 6:48am On Jun 06, 2020
I experiences this last two weeks...I started taking malaria drug with antibiotics and also vitamin c

I’m okay now
Re: I Cant Smell Odour And My Tongue Is Tasteless by SirMichael1: 1:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
Kylekent59:

Sorry bro, I don't follow the multitudes to believe trash. Many had been loosing their sense of taste and smell back then in the past. So what proof?

Let them go and get tested before one can fully say they have covid-19.

Since coughing, sneezing and spitting out of mucus is absent, then one can't say...
K

(1) (Reply)

New Year Ivf Promo / What Is The Health Benefit Of Desert Fruit\aduwa / Adding Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.