Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,365 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) - Pets (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) (78816 Views)

Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet / Atlanta Woman Finds A Wild African Cat On Her Bed / A Nigerian Got Bitten By His Snake Pet (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by geezynoni: 1:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
Naijaarchive:

Think out of the box cheesy imagine sending flowers/ring to bae with that cute bird grin
You will scare the babe away
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by Hathor5(f): 1:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
Please let it free as soon as possible. cry
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by SirMichael1: 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
Naijaarchive:

Think out of the box cheesy imagine sending flowers/ring to bae with that cute bird grin
You're right though but one of these would happen. It's either it throws your flower away and go hunt a chicken it just sighted or it scares the hell out of your romantic half.
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by walkwithgod(m): 1:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
VicM6:
Because they do write evil spirit on each birds face for u to detect it bah.. ode.
until wen d havoc starts.....some African's with fish brain

Still does not change the fact that you are a dull fellow.
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by tonididdy(m): 1:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
saintbillion:
yeah there's a small bush beside my resident and lots of undevelope lands
oh I see very serene
my only fear would be night crawlers and weird night sounds otherwise I like me some quiet.

anyhow enjoy and stay vigilant
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by omobacyprus(m): 1:59pm On Jun 06, 2020
SirMichael1:
So ilorin from lagos is less than 300km? See ya life.
Boda know all its 290km Sir
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by kaymart: 2:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
JustAboyy:
We all know you are going to roast it the next day. Period.

Pet or pest ni. What is sparing this bird is the night that's upon and probably because you are tired for the day.

I challenge you to spend the next 10 days posting it's picture alive here.
u r wicked sha....funny you
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by matrix199(m): 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
saintbillion:
I saw this bird on the field yesterday after my football training, they were fighting on the air and suddenly this one dropped down and was very weak to fly. I have removed the feather sha.
some people said it's an owl but I dont think it is.

Please come and tell me what the bird eats oo

It's a 'Merlin'. It's a specie of the falcon family, known for its small size. It feeds on mice, lizards, and frogs.

I'll advise you let it go. It probably has a brood of falconets in her nest. You're not just kidnapping a bird, but you're indirectly killing her broods. They depend on her for food and protection.

Gosh, I can imagine a snake crawling up to her nest to feed on the hapless falconets. embarassed
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by benzene00: 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
sweetgala:

It's a juvenile it's obviously captivated by the shiny object. Birds have been known to take particular interest in mirrors, lenses etc the way they perceive the reflection of light bouncing of shiny objects is different to ours, it's entrancing especially to juvenile birds .
you and juvenile juvenile

we no go hear another word
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by Africlegend: 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2020
Let this bird go, please. Save it further physical and emotional torture.
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by ThinkB4mention(f): 6:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
Why were dey fighting.... Maybe they were arguing Nigeria politics..... Maybe this one that fell down was the one supporting buhari.... My guy collecting community beating..... E just fall like plan when fuel finish
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 7:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
BafanaBafana:
OP don't mind all those calling you cruel and stuff. They are just forming what they are not.
A bird was in distress, it was bruised both physically and emotionally by another bird. Maybe it has been banished from their kingdom for loosing the fight or it might not go back due to shame. But you came like and angel and saved it. You plucked its feathers because you realized it needed rest and shouldn't fly just yet. The bird is grateful to you. See the eyes it is giving you. Its obviously enjoying your company.
Take good care of the bird, then look for suitable buyers who will take better care of it. Nobody wants to be in the wild. Well done op
I'm not sure you are a Nigerian. You held an entirely different perspective from most comments on this thread. I like what you wrote.

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 7:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
Depressed101:
it's not a hawk, it looks closely related to the falcon family. And it's very rare and can be costly also, we talking about upwards of $100,000 if it's truly a falcon
$100k ?? Are you serious?? Maybe this is God's way of changing the Ops life.

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by VicM6: 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
walkwithgod:

Still does not change the fact that you are a dull fellow.
Oga if e pain u too much, go kiss electricity
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
Free d bird
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by Naijaarchive(m): 9:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
SirMichael1:
You're right though but one of these would happen. It's either it throws your flower away and go hunt a chicken it just sighted or it scares the hell out of your romantic half.

grin grin
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by Naijaarchive(m): 9:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
geezynoni:
You will scare the babe away
grin
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by Litmus: 10:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
A Kestrel for a Knave

'An Eagle for an Emperor,
a Gyrfalcon for a King
a Peregrine for a Prince, & a Saker for a Knight,
a Merlin for a lady,
a Goshawk for a Yeoman,
a Sparrowhawk for a Priest,
& a Kestrel for a Knave.

Op your bird is a kestrel, so dont be a knave. Free it...

[img]https://test.cdn.download.ams.birds.cornell.edu/api/v1/asset/44590981/1800[/img]
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by Dybala11(m): 2:49am On Jun 07, 2020
HQuadreal:
No be this bird dey "EFCC" logo, no be me and you go settle this matter....
Go settle am together for EFCC office na.
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by HQuadreal: 9:21am On Jun 07, 2020
Dybala11:

Go settle am together for EFCC office na.

No be me and you....

Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by Spaxon(f): 9:47am On Jun 07, 2020
saintbillion:
the bird can rotate its head to abt 180 degree
Keep your bird. Avoid listening to people's opinions. Do they ask the internet to advise them as well?Keep your bird If you love it. it's ur prize and choice

It's equally beautiful to me
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by saintbillion(m): 10:52am On Jun 07, 2020
Spaxon:

Keep your bird. Avoid listening to people's opinions. Do they ask the internet to advise them as well?Keep your bird If you love it. it's ur prize and choice

It's equally beautiful to me
the bird is equally doing well believe me. We were just playing today when i release it out of the cage.
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by MissEfe(f): 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2020
If you Dont mind pls
Can I keep kiki's pics on my phone?
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by SenecaTheYonger: 5:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
MissEfe:
If you Dont mind pls
Can I keep kiki's pics on my phone?

Yea sure. This is my other profile. I got banned to by autobots. How are you?

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by Dybala11(m): 6:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
HQuadreal:

No be me and you....
grin

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by MissEfe(f): 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Yea sure. This is my other profile. I got banned to by autobots. How are you?
Thank . I'm doing great.. Why were u banned?
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by HQuadreal: 7:30pm On Jun 07, 2020

Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by SenecaTheYonger: 7:42pm On Jun 07, 2020
MissEfe:

Thank . I'm doing great.. Why were u banned?
I'm not sure why. I quoted a comment and before I knew it, it got deleted and couldn't comment anymore. I think it was done automatically by spambots. Do you mind if I send you a PM?
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by Spaxon(f): 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
saintbillion:
the bird is equally doing well believe me. We were just playing today when i release it out of the cage.
Try to make it comfortable with you.
An the cage too.
Is it male or female?
Yu could get it a mate later on.

Just keep ur bird
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by MissEfe(f): 8:43pm On Jun 07, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

I'm not sure why. I quoted a comment and before I knew it, it got deleted and couldn't comment anymore. I think it was done automatically by spambots. Do you mind if I send you a PM?
Yea sure
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by saintbillion(m): 10:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
Spaxon:
Try to make it comfortable with you. An the cage too. Is it male or female? Yu could get it a mate later on.
Just keep ur bird
thankz ma
Re: Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) by uzomanny(m): 2:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Looks like baby hawk.

Nope, that's a baby Buzzard

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

No Parrot Owners Here? / The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away / World's Most Expensive Snake Is Lavender Albino Ball Python, Costs N14 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.