Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election (27824 Views)

INEC: We Lack Power To Disqualify Obaseki Over Alleged Certificate Forgery / Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu / Pressure Mounts On APC To Disqualify Obaseki From Guber Race - Thisday Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by moderatedguy: 7:08am On Jun 06, 2020
IgboSomalia:

Edo PDP that has several court cases hanging on its head. There are 2 injunctions against holding state congresses and in spite of that, they went ahead to hold the congresses to elect new state leaders.

Whatever actions those PDP leaders in Edo state take, the court would declare it null and void. If they give Obaseki form and he contests under it, his candidacy is null and void.
It wouldn't affect the governorship primaries
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by moderatedguy: 7:10am On Jun 06, 2020
IgboSomalia:

Not only free nomination, they would give him Presidential form. Go and ask those in Edo what PDP in Edo state is going through in the hands of lawyers.
Keep deceiving yourself.
He can even contest under Accord party or Sowores AAC party
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by badoh(m): 7:11am On Jun 06, 2020
comshots:
obaseki said he would also expose all oshiomole illegal activities while he was a governor of Edo state.Godfathers or predecessors always choose a political candidate with questionable character who will succeed him.So that they can be controlling him.If that candidate disobey them,they will use his bad past to go after him.
Is Fashola a person of questionable character when tinubu settled for him? My brother, the issue is person weh go catch monkey must do like monkey. In your first tenure, you need to compromise but in your second tenure, you can now do as you wish and no Godfather will have absolute control over you anymore.
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 06, 2020
Esseite:

Stop disgracing yourself.. "french spell" is a valid sentence.. English has gone beyond your archaic longman dictionary, you need to read.. don't hate, emulate.

How can one be this ignorant and still grandstanding..

This is really too early for me, if that's how you wake up... it's not how sane people do..

You are African model of Trump. The more you talk the more loopholes that being exposed.

"How can one be this ignorant and still grandstanding.." this is questionable!!!
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by moderatedguy: 7:12am On Jun 06, 2020
IgboSomalia:

Technocrate indeed. With your vulcaniser English.

By the time Obaseki is kicked out, go and make him the Governor of your state. Shebi na technocrat dey hungry you.
All these Yoruba Muslims sef

2 Likes

Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by Zakarisammy(m): 7:13am On Jun 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Oshiomhole and his fuckkking loyalist are wasting their time.
Na Edo state we dey
Obaseki is gonna fuckkk oshiomhole up anyday anytime twice on election Day
Oshiomhole don't know what he has put his hand into
You don't fuckkk with the wake and see governor and go Scot free
Edo people and their ancestors got obaseki's back

Shut up there.

What do u know about politics
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by moderatedguy: 7:19am On Jun 06, 2020
ifko:
If d UI certificate is fake they should use his WAEc at least bubu is still looking for his own
Lol
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by excel101(m): 7:20am On Jun 06, 2020
The ugly short man devil has started again with his usual antics.
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by Tomtomy98: 7:22am On Jun 06, 2020
MoIbrahim:

Eye dey pain you? You no see say dem sue APC join?
Pain me how?
Is that my state?
You are funny
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by Validated: 7:28am On Jun 06, 2020
Monday60655:
Obaseki will contest the election under PDP platform
I am sure you are right as PDP has been silently waiting for him to decamp.
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by Minjim: 7:30am On Jun 06, 2020
Tomtomy98:
Why didn't they notice it on his first tenure....APC
Very funny party

It's politics now
That's how they didn't notice Kemi Adeosun did not do her NYSC when she was commissioner in Ogun

2 Likes

Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by Kingstanding: 7:30am On Jun 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Na Edo state we dey
. That's how you people said when he was fighting Igbinedion, Oshiomole na father of politics in Edo state. I will repost this message to you in due time.
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 06, 2020
Aladegba:

You are African model of Trump. The more you talk the more loopholes that being exposed.

"How can one be this ignorant and still grandstanding.." this is questionable!!!

Is "grandstanding" a problem again... it's a word and very correct in that sentence.. because he would rather seek for applause by calling mine "Vulcanizer english" rather than check what he is trying to correct.
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by prohet: 7:36am On Jun 06, 2020
aremuforlife:
Obaseki fails to choose his fight, he was covered up during the first election. They knew your secret, they will surely use it against you.
all u need is just to wait and see how a whole national will be defeated
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by RPG2020(m): 7:49am On Jun 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Na Edo state we dey

How many of una dey he back this boy? Me nor dey my family nor dey my 101 friends nor dey who go dey with obaseki
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by femmyapson(m): 7:51am On Jun 06, 2020
IamPatriotic:
Why is the media focusing on only Edo and nothing is being said about Ondo? Akeredolu too deserves some shaking, before he's chased out of Alagbaka
Is it you that want to chase him out?
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by Allthetruth(m): 7:52am On Jun 06, 2020
Oga speak for your self, we're all from Edo.
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Na Edo state we dey
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by fredoooooo: 7:55am On Jun 06, 2020
Call all the people wey push you enter fire to come and save you.. Ingrate grin
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by Wettoid123: 8:10am On Jun 06, 2020
Monday60655:

he has already collected APC nomination form so he should go and collect PDP own too,abeg get sense!
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by solmus: 8:14am On Jun 06, 2020
obaseki runs a stock broking firm, so stop the overhype

and if you are certain he has a degree, then he should present it in court and at the APC screening, and also if he has Bini peoples support then let him get them ready for the direct primaries

this are very simple issues that do not concern oshiomhole, but bothers on the integrity of your so called obaseki.. and i dont suppose you want Oshiomhole to bend the rule for him after Obaseki took him to court to dispose him as the party chairman and he won square and fair in court

If for any seconds you think Obaseki is fighting for any youth then you are naive and dont know of when he was caught with his commissioner with $2million usd at and interpol check in paris

daddytime:
Kids with internet accessible phones now think they understand politics based on their emotional attachments.

The person you guys are clapping for and hailing for instituting this silly and baseless suit had been a governor of the same state. Do you know his only rise to fame? He rose to fame as a tailor who later became a union leader at a textile mill before becoming a national union leader which gave him a platform to wishy wash everyone into thinking he had the ordinary man on the street at heart. Go as what school he graduated from.

While the person the suit is being instituted against built a blue chip company (Afrinvest) from the ground up and still functional even while he is governing. Google the company.

Isn't the above ironic?

Isn't it also ironic that Yeye Bello of Kogi State would get a second term unopposed under the same Oshiomole and you think the betterment of the state is at the heart of it all?

Obaseki can conveniently get back to the corporate world and continue his life but the youths who are clapping for their oppressors are indeed a joke, and I love how Obaseki isn't backing down. He is out to make a statement.

Let's watch and see how it all goes.

If Oshiomole who is from a minority ethnic group in the State thinks he can use other Binis to usurp Obaseki and enjoy the spoils of war thereafter na laugh I dey laugh.

Wetin him eye go see ehn this one na small thing.
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by LifeCoachAndre: 8:19am On Jun 06, 2020
Revenge is a meal best served when cold.....

When obaseki was ridiculing oshiomole with same powers oshiomole gave him, it seemed like oshiomole's wings had been cutoff because he was not responding as expected. What we did not know was that he was simply conserving energy to strike a dead blow. Obaseki, if you loose the election, my advise to you is to get out of town, because your lose will only be part 1 of a beating that can take your life. Oshiomole has successfully fought military rulers, the Igbinedion family and Benin Obas, Obaseki is not his match...he was born to fight

Lesson learnt from the 48 laws of power (Oshiomole used these laws much better than Obaseki)

Law 1: Never outshine the master
Law 3: Conceal Your Intentions
Law 19: Know who you’re dealing with, do not offend the wrong person
Law 21: Play a sucker to catch a sucker, seem dumber than your mark
Law 35: Master the art of timing

You cant survive in politics without mastering the 48 laws of power.

3 Likes

Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by Monday60655(m): 8:48am On Jun 06, 2020
Wettoid123:

he has already collected APC nomination form so he should go and collect PDP own too,abeg get sense!

The type of sense you get right, God forbid.
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 06, 2020
Esseite:

Is "grandstanding" a problem again... it's a word and very correct in that sentence.. because he would rather seek for applause by calling mine "Vulcanizer english" rather than check what he is trying to correct.

Okay both of you please let's stop arguing and embrace constructive criticism. Thank you
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by dheilaw1(m): 8:50am On Jun 06, 2020
Monday60655:
will he buy interest form of 2 political parties at the same time? Use your brain na
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by Monday60655(m): 8:51am On Jun 06, 2020
Validated:

I am sure you are right as PDP has been silently waiting for him to decamp.

The same thought I had. And APC is not giving him any soft landing
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by sniperr007(m): 8:51am On Jun 06, 2020
aremuforlife:
Obaseki fails to choose his fight, he was covered up during the first election. They knew your secret, they will surely use it against you.

I don't understand why you just believe anything without review
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by Monday60655(m): 8:53am On Jun 06, 2020
coputa:
Do you think PDP will clone someone that the sword of domacles is hanging on his head.As easy as Edo state politics,obaseki could not phantom his way out.

Anyway is not going to be easy. Nigerian politics is very death, let's how it play out.
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by Monday60655(m): 8:57am On Jun 06, 2020
IgboSomalia:

Edo PDP that has several court cases hanging on its head. There are 2 injunctions against holding state congresses and in spite of that, they went ahead to hold the congresses to elect new state leaders.

Whatever actions those PDP leaders in Edo state take, the court would declare it null and void. If they give Obaseki form and he contests under it, his candidacy is null and void.

Nigerian politics is a death game. Let's see how it plays out.
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by Monday60655(m): 8:58am On Jun 06, 2020
damilola1978:
no be lie...very possible...pdp has been suspiciously quiet watching the drama...I trust they may even give him nomination form free of charge.

Exactly as my thought
Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by samdaisi: 8:59am On Jun 06, 2020
there is no point of arguing with indome generation since the competent court has showed novice Obaseke the way out of politics, if you are really sincere to your self to end godfatherism in Edo state why did you succumb to Oshomole will in last both primary and guber election why. not pulling out from the party like how Mimiko ran to Labour Party in Ondo state from PDP.

you have tasted the power you now want to die with it, traitor

1 Like

Re: Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election by Fredoallan: 9:05am On Jun 06, 2020
I wish edo people should stand out and make history. It’s time to end godfatherism in Nigerians politics coz its we d masses dah suffers it. No governor with good intention will perform well if he/she listens to godfather. I don’t personal like obaseki but seems d guy loves edo people by going against his godfather just to please edo people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FRSC Official Brutalized In Jibowu This Morning (photos) / Tinubu Travels To Saudi Arabia For Lesser Hajj / Aregbesola Congratulates Tinubu On His Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.