Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,140 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ (594 Views)

Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / Pastor Adeboye Visits Samoa, Head Of State And Others Give Life To Christ / Lady Converts A Muslim Uber Driver & Leads Him To Christ. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ by delkuf(m): 12:11am On Jun 06, 2020
Guys, as I write this piece my heart beat with fear and dissatisfaction. I gave my life to Christ on the 16 of March 2009. Oh, that day was a beautiful day. I can't describe how I felt that day. I had this peace that day makes me knew I am born again. But after a year I backslided. I took a wrong decision. Now, since then I can't really live right. I want to do what is right, but I keep failing. The best I could do is to live few weeks and I will find myself doing what I said I don't want to do. I miss that life. I miss serving God with a pure heart. I miss fasting and praying to continue growing in Christ. I miss everything. Is killing me. I don't know what to do. If Christ come again like this, I don't think I will be able to go with him. am not happy. Have tried lot of things, but is not really working. Is like something is there pulling me. Please Christ help me. I want to serve you. if there is any Christian out there, pray for me. I can't continue living like this. I don't know if I should do this here but am just confused right now. No body I can really talk to. My wife is not helping either. just confused right now. please say something reasonable
Re: I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ by ikh777: 12:23am On Jun 06, 2020
delkuf:
Guys, as I write this piece my heart beat with fear and dissatisfaction. I gave my life to Christ on the 16 of March 2009. Oh, that day was a beautiful day. I can't describe how I felt that day. I had this peace that day makes me knew I am born again. But after a year I backslided. I took a wrong decision. Now, since then I can't really live right. I want to do what is right, but I keep failing. The best I could do is to live few weeks and I will find myself doing what I said I don't want to do. I miss that life. I miss serving God with a pure heart. I miss fasting and praying to continue growing in Christ. I miss everything. Is killing me. I don't know what to do. If Christ come again like this, I don't think I will be able to go with him. am not happy. Have tried lot of things, but is not really working. Is like something is there pulling me. Please Christ help me. I want to serve you. if there is any Christian out there, pray for me. I can't continue living like this. I don't know if I should do this here but am just confused right now. No body I can really talk to. My wife is not helping either. just confused right now. please say something reasonable

HERE, READ THIS..... Its in the BIBLE BUT MANY OF YOU DON'T KNOW

ROMANS 7 -8 (message translation)
21-23 It happens so regularly that it’s predictable. The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up. I truly delight in God’s commands, but it’s pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge.

24 I’ve tried everything and nothing helps. I’m at the end of my rope. Is there no one who can do anything for me? Isn’t that the real question?

25 The answer, thank God, is that Jesus Christ can and does. He acted to set things right in this life of contradictions where I want to serve God with all my heart and mind, but am pulled by the influence of sin to do something totally different. (CONTINUED IN CHAPTER cool
8:1-2 With the arrival of Jesus, the Messiah, that fateful dilemma is resolved. Those who enter into Christ’s being-here-for-us no longer have to live under a continuous, low-lying black cloud. A new power is in operation. The Spirit of life in Christ, like a strong wind, has magnificently cleared the air, freeing you from a fated lifetime of brutal tyranny at the hands of sin and death.

3-4 God went for the jugular when he sent his own Son. He didn’t deal with the problem as something remote and unimportant. In his Son, Jesus, he personally took on the human condition, entered the disordered mess of struggling humanity in order to set it right once and for all. The law code, weakened as it always was by fractured human nature, could never have done that.

The law always ended up being used as a Band-Aid on sin instead of a deep healing of it. And now what the law code asked for but we couldn’t deliver is accomplished as we, instead of redoubling our own efforts, simply embrace what the Spirit is doing in us.

5-8 Those who think they can do it on their own end up obsessed with measuring their own moral muscle but never get around to exercising it in real life. Those who trust God’s action in them find that God’s Spirit is in them—living and breathing God! Obsession with self in these matters is a dead end; attention to God leads us out into the open, into a spacious, free life. Focusing on the self is the opposite of focusing on God. Anyone completely absorbed in self ignores God, ends up thinking more about self than God. That person ignores who God is and what he is doing. And God isn’t pleased at being ignored....(you can continue the rest on a MESSAGE TRANSLATION BIBLE, it is so so beautiful)

So brother, you are FOCUSING ON SELF-RIGHTEOUS WORKS, and it will not work by your WILL POWER.... YOU ARE STILL SAVED AND A CHILD OF GOD, you just need to know the TRUTH

Stop beating yourself UP, babies FALL and RISE for months and some for years and you do not see parents taking them back to the HOSPITAL complaining that what they gave birth to is NOT a BABY. The FALL and RISE of a BABY makes the parents happy that the baby is trying. So now IMAGINE HOW GOD LOVES YOU, FOR YOUR HEART THAT TRULY WANTS TO PLEASE HIM.... you only need to go to him every time you fall, like A BABY CRAWLS BACK TO THE PARENTS WHEN THEY HAVE TRIED TO WALK AND ITS NOT WORKING FOR THEM.... So LET NOTHING STEAL YOUR JOY BROTHER.... Instead, KEEP GROWING.... KEEP FEEDING ON GOD'S WORD AND YOU WILL BE STRONG TO STAND.
Re: I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:24am On Jun 06, 2020
No matter how long you have gone on a wrong road.......TURN BACK!!

Jesus Loves You,
So do we!

kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ by BackllGodNaija: 12:25am On Jun 06, 2020
It shall be well with you bro.
Re: I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ by delkuf(m): 12:31am On Jun 06, 2020
ikh777:

HERE, READ THIS..... Its in the BIBLE BUT MANY OF YOU DON'T KNOW

ROMANS 7 -8 (message translation)
21-23 It happens so regularly that it’s predictable. The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up. I truly delight in God’s commands, but it’s pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge.

24 I’ve tried everything and nothing helps. I’m at the end of my rope. Is there no one who can do anything for me? Isn’t that the real question?

25 The answer, thank God, is that Jesus Christ can and does. He acted to set things right in this life of contradictions where I want to serve God with all my heart and mind, but am pulled by the influence of sin to do something totally different. (CONTINUED IN CHAPTER cool
8:1-2 With the arrival of Jesus, the Messiah, that fateful dilemma is resolved. Those who enter into Christ’s being-here-for-us no longer have to live under a continuous, low-lying black cloud. A new power is in operation. The Spirit of life in Christ, like a strong wind, has magnificently cleared the air, freeing you from a fated lifetime of brutal tyranny at the hands of sin and death.

3-4 God went for the jugular when he sent his own Son. He didn’t deal with the problem as something remote and unimportant. In his Son, Jesus, he personally took on the human condition, entered the disordered mess of struggling humanity in order to set it right once and for all. The law code, weakened as it always was by fractured human nature, could never have done that.

The law always ended up being used as a Band-Aid on sin instead of a deep healing of it. And now what the law code asked for but we couldn’t deliver is accomplished as we, instead of redoubling our own efforts, simply embrace what the Spirit is doing in us.

5-8 Those who think they can do it on their own end up obsessed with measuring their own moral muscle but never get around to exercising it in real life. Those who trust God’s action in them find that God’s Spirit is in them—living and breathing God! Obsession with self in these matters is a dead end; attention to God leads us out into the open, into a spacious, free life. Focusing on the self is the opposite of focusing on God. Anyone completely absorbed in self ignores God, ends up thinking more about self than God. That person ignores who God is and what he is doing. And God isn’t pleased at being ignored....(you can continue the rest on a MESSAGE TRANSLATION BIBLE, it is so so beautiful)

So brother, you are FOCUSING ON SELF-RIGHTEOUS WORKS, and it will not work by your WILL POWER.... YOU ARE STILL SAVED AND A CHILD OF GOD, you just need to know the TRUTH

Stop beating yourself UP, babies FALL and RISE for months and some for years and you do not see parents taking them back to the HOSPITAL complaining that what they gave birth to is NOT a BABY. The FALL and RISE of a BABY makes the parents happy that the baby is trying. So now IMAGINE HOW GOD LOVES YOU, FOR YOUR HEART THAT TRULY WANTS TO PLEASE HIM.... you only need to go to him every time you fall, like A BABY CRAWLS BACK TO THE PARENTS WHEN THEY HAVE TRIED TO WALK AND ITS NOT WORKING FOR THEM.... So LET NOTHING STEAL YOUR JOY BROTHER.... Instead, KEEP GROWING.... KEEP FEEDING ON GOD'S WORD AND YOU WILL BE STRONG TO STAND.

You don't know what am saying. I purposely gave out the date I became converted, brother if a baby that fall since 2010 and has since not stand up to start working, won't the parent be worry. I am tied of living like this. I want to live like when I gave my life to Christ. Now I can't tell if am a Christian or not
Re: I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ by delkuf(m): 12:33am On Jun 06, 2020
post=90356303:

Jesus Loves You,
So do we!

kiss kiss kiss
How do I turn back?
Re: I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ by delkuf(m): 12:35am On Jun 06, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
It shall be well with you bro.
It is not well. let's call it what it is. Instead of peace I am experiencing fear and anxiety.
Re: I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ by JamisiEwoooo: 12:45am On Jun 06, 2020
[s]
post=90356303:

Jesus Loves You,
So do we!

kiss kiss kiss
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ by ikh777: 12:48am On Jun 06, 2020
delkuf:
You don't know what am saying. I purposely gave out the date I became converted, brother if a baby that fall since 2010 and has since not stand up to start working, won't the parent be worry. I am tied of living like this. I want to live like when I gave my life to Christ. Now I can't tell if am a Christian or not

Lol.... you really need to be in the right church. YOU REALLY HAVE NOT BEEN TAUGHT THE WORD OF GOD..... your reply is the exact PROOF

DO YOU THINK IN THE SPIRIT REALM, THEY SEE TIME LIKE WE DO?

A person can be 40 years in CHURCH and a PASTOR and still be a BABY.

SEE, I wish you met a real man of GOD who knows the TRUTH ABOUT THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

BEING A BABY is not by AGE or how many years you claim you got born again.... YOU ARE A BABY AS LONG AS THE DEVIL CAN STILL DECEIVE YOU ABOUT SIN. If you truly understand the doctrine of RIGHTEOUSNESS, you would have overcome the sin long ago..... ONE OF THE REASONS why you are even here complaining is because YOU ARE AFRAID TO GO TO HELL..... grin grin grin grin grin Meanwhile, you are not even close to hell anymore, you have been delivered from hell LONG AGO..... even if after today you fall again... YOU ARE STILL SAVED. (too many scriptures explains it)

simple example:
A MAN IS ON A ROAD TO Lagos from ABUJA.... then he falls down and breaks his leg.... HAS HE TURN BACK TO ABUJA? NOOOOOOOOOOO...... he is still FACING Lagos, He is still ON THE ROAD TO LAGOS.... IS IT GETTING CLEAR NOW?

Peter in the bible DENIED JESUS.... someone he knew for FOUR YEARS o..... HE DENIED JESUS, after all the miracles, endless teachings, POWERS, WONDERS..... A WHOLE PETER COULD DENY JESUS..... so peter should have committed suicide right? WAS PETER SAD? yes, but did he COMPLAIN? NO!!!!
When Jesus met the disciples, did he accuse them of abandoning him? NEVER.... rather he moved on and still blessed them and filled them with the HOLYGHOST..... see?

My point is NOW THAT YOU ARE BORN AGAIN, FOCUS ON GROWTH..... sin can not stop you anymore unless you choose not to grow and keep focusing on all the IMPERFECT things wrong with you.

you are not meant to be CLEAN ENOUGH FOR GOD..... that is GOD'S JOB, TO CLEAN YOU..... your JOB IS TO ALLOW HIM but yielding to his word and worshiping him daily. ITS SIMPLE BUT IMPOSSIBLE IF YOU ARE NOT IN A CHURCH THAT HAS A BALANCED DOCTRINE.

A church that has balanced doctrine will explain these simple truths below to you. WHEN YOU UNDERSTAND THEM, NOTHING WILL STEAL YOUR JOY AGAIN.

WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH NOT FEELINGS
EVERYTHING IN THIS CHRISTIAN LIFE IS TO BE JUDGED FROM THE POSITION OF FAITH NOT FEELING
SALVATION IS NOT A FEELING
THE JOY OF SALVATION IS NOT THE SAME THING AS HAPPINESS
RIGHTEOUSNESS IS NOT PERFECTION
HOLINESS IS ALSO NOT PERFECTION
Re: I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ by BackllGodNaija: 10:03am On Jun 06, 2020
delkuf:
It is not well. let's call it what it is. Instead of peace I am experiencing fear and anxiety.
I know you're kind of desperate, but try and calm down a bit so that you'd not start assuming what someone did not say.

I never said "it is well with you" but "it shall be well with you", and I deliberately did that.

I knew that although it's not alright with you as this very moment, but from your comment, i saw the extent to which you craved this, which made me believe that it shall be well with you, because that desire was a prerequisite for you to get it.

Matthew 5:6

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

It worked for me...that hunger and willingness was all I had at some point, but I asked God to help me to be obedient and He did that beyond measure.

So I ask you to do the same. Pray and ask God to help you, and try and pray more often...if possible also fast, for the flesh is weak but the spirit is willing. Matthew 26:41

And i'm pretty certain that you'd soon be testifying of the goodness of God just as some of us are doing now.

By the way, I prayed for you this morning.

Have a blessed day

Re: I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ by delkuf(m): 10:16am On Jun 06, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
I know you're kind of desperate, but try and calm down a bit so that you'd not start assuming what someone did not say.

I never said "it is well with you" but "it shall be well with you", and I deliberately did that.

I knew that although it's not alright with you as this very moment, but from your comment, i saw the extent to which you craved this, which made me believe that it shall be well with you, because that desire was a prerequisite for you to get it.

Matthew 5:6

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

It worked for me...that hunger and willingness was all I had at some point, but I asked God to help me to be obedient and He did that beyond measure.

So I ask you to do the same. Pray and ask God to help you, and try and pray more often...if possible also fast, for the flesh is weak but the spirit is willing. Matthew 26:41

And i'm pretty certain that you'd soon be testifying of the goodness of God just as some of us are doing now.

By the way, I prayed for you this morning.

Have a blessed day

Thanks for this write up. it is really inspiring. I have be praying since yesterday. God should help me

Thanks for praying for me
Re: I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ by OpenYourEyes1: 10:30am On Jun 06, 2020
delkuf:
Thanks for this write up. it is really inspiring. I have be praying since yesterday. God should help me

It's time you started avoiding things that lead to sin.
I wouldn't be visiting the romance section if I were you. I made thesame mistakes while seeking CHRIST as a sinner. I removed all the evil from my life and started growing well ever since.
You need to delete every sinful thing that is blocking you from total repentance.
Then start reading (or listening) to the Bible every day. I would recommend daily fasting while reading the Bible.
Re: I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ by delkuf(m): 10:33am On Jun 06, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

It's time you started avoiding things that lead to sin.
I wouldn't be visiting the romance section if I were you. I made thesame mistakes while seeking CHRIST as a sinner. I removed all the evil from my life and started growing well ever since.
You need to delete every sinful things that is blocking you from total repentance.
Ok. I will start avoiding those things

1 Like

Re: I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ by OpenYourEyes1: 10:40am On Jun 06, 2020
delkuf:
Ok. I will start avoiding those things
Start fasting again. I would recommend daily fasting and prayers while reading (or listening) to text/audio Bible.
Re: I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ by delkuf(m): 10:41am On Jun 06, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Start fasting again. I would recommend daily fasting and prayers while reading (or listening) to text/audio Bible.
ok

1 Like

Re: I Missed The Joy And Peace Of Giving My To Christ by BackllGodNaija: 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2020
delkuf:

Thank God bro.

I'm honored to be a vessel for His purpose.

That's why I'm here.

(1) (Reply)

Rhetorical Fallacy In The Jehovah's Witnesses Publication / This Are The 10 Questions Catholics Cannot Answer About Their Religion. / What Is Wrong With These Pictures?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.