Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

The Richest Black Man Ever Liveth__mansa MUSA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Richest Black Man Ever Liveth__mansa MUSA (798 Views)

The Richest Man Ever In The World Was African / Who Do You Think Is The Most Influential Black Man To Have Ever Lived ? / Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Richest Black Man Ever Liveth__mansa MUSA by Dreyton36: 9:18am On Jun 06, 2020
Mansa Musa (about 1280 – about 1337) was an emperor (manse) of the Mali Empire during the 14th century. He became emperor in 1312. He was the first African ruler to be widely known throughout Europe and the Middle East, and is regarded as the richest person to have ever lived. His wealth greatly surpassing anyone today.

Mansa Musa was the great nephew of Sundiata Keita, who was founder of the empire. He is famous for his Hajj (1324–5). His caravan was said to consist of 60,000 people carrying supplies and bags, 500 slaves each carrying a gold staff, and 80 to 100 camels each carrying 300 pounds of gold dust. On his journey, he is said to have given out millions of dollars worth of gold. He gave out so much gold in Cairo that the value stayed relatively low for many years. Mansa Musa stopped at multiple locations during his journey. These placed include Timbuktu, Gao, and Mecca.

In Timbuktu, Mansa Musa made it a center of trade, culture, and Islam, which also helped increase the spread of Islam throughout Western Africa.

Mansa Musa also helped to spread Islam. He was a devoted Muslim, and built many schools based on the teachings of the Qur'an, there also is a saying that every Friday when he stopped, while on his Hajj, he ordered a Mosque to be built, because that is a Muslim holy day. He sent students to Islamic universities in northern Africa was fames sens 1345.

After his Hajj, European cartographers began to draw Mansa Musa on maps. As the empire of Mali fell apart Mansa Musa's reputation did as well; he was no longer drawn as a noble king on maps, but instead more uncivilized. He was drawn as a parody of European royalty, and a normal person with a crown. Mansa Musa was married to Inari Kunate. Mansa Musa, at his time worth $900 billion is still the richest man to date.[color=#006600][/color]

Re: The Richest Black Man Ever Liveth__mansa MUSA by donbachi(m): 9:19am On Jun 06, 2020
I get am before,no be property.

1 Like

Re: The Richest Black Man Ever Liveth__mansa MUSA by Lonewolf98: 9:20am On Jun 06, 2020
Nice one, if only I can be 1/1000000 as rich as him , at least I wouldn't have to worry about my stomach.. check my signature please
Re: The Richest Black Man Ever Liveth__mansa MUSA by Dreyton36: 9:24am On Jun 06, 2020
donbachi:
I get am before,no be property.
chairman i no sure say till today anybody worth $900 billion. That money na block
Re: The Richest Black Man Ever Liveth__mansa MUSA by Dreyton36: 9:25am On Jun 06, 2020
Lonewolf98:
Nice one, if only I can be 1/1000000 as rich as him , at least I wouldn't have to worry about my stomach.. check my signature please
Yes oo
Re: The Richest Black Man Ever Liveth__mansa MUSA by donbachi(m): 9:27am On Jun 06, 2020
Dreyton36:
chairman i no sure say till today anybody worth $900 billion. That money na block
No be sey I dey envy am oo.

1 Like

Re: The Richest Black Man Ever Liveth__mansa MUSA by iKingsley(m): 9:28am On Jun 06, 2020
Where are his descendants?

2 Likes

Re: The Richest Black Man Ever Liveth__mansa MUSA by Dreyton36: 9:28am On Jun 06, 2020
donbachi:
No be sey I dey envy am oo.
I understand you boss
Re: The Richest Black Man Ever Liveth__mansa MUSA by ican2020: 9:29am On Jun 06, 2020
Can one point to those wealth today
Re: The Richest Black Man Ever Liveth__mansa MUSA by Dreyton36: 9:34am On Jun 06, 2020
ican2020:
Can one point to those wealth today
And mali is one of the poorest African country of today
Re: The Richest Black Man Ever Liveth__mansa MUSA by Dreyton36: 10:48am On Jun 06, 2020
iKingsley:
Where are his descendants?
Motor yaf jam Dem

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If Buhari Is Alive, He Would Have Changed Service Chiefs / Southwest Muslims Appeals To APC National Leader On Lagos East Seat / Rivers People Don't Travel: An Erroneous Notion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.