Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture (1746 Views)

Men/guys Plz Stop Encouraging/producing Baby Mamas / The Rising Rape Culture In Nigeria / "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Brightgem(f): 10:33am On Jun 06, 2020
We’ve heard them ask Uwa why she was reading in a church, after all there’s been Lockdown, why was she alone? Even though this time rape was accompanied with murder. We still encouraged it by asking stupid questions.

When the rape accusation is against your pastor or your imam, because you have turned men to god, you blame the victim, because these “men of God” can do no wrong in your eyes, but when it’s about other people, you carry placard. When you select who gets justice, or should face the law for your own personal reasons, you encourage rape and you are a wicked person. A just person is fair to all irrespective of who’s ox is gorged.

When you as a man know your fellow man has committed rape and you keep quiet in the name of bro code, no snitching, you encourage rape.

When a woman knows her husband is abusing someone under her roof like the case of Ochanya who also died, she gives rape many great opportunities. Some women still stay in marriages where their husbands are abusing their own child.

When a Hauwa Ujeifo comes out to speak at UN conferences, on public platforms about her rape story as a woman in hijab. The “so called” Muslim men come to tell her, her hijab wasn’t hijab enough, she should not have mixed with men. She should accept it as her fate and destiny. This is how the Muslims encourage rape. For I want you Muslims especially to open your ears and eyes as you read this, in trying to appear modest and sound all religious, we sound stupid, stupid when we blame the victims, rape is happening in the Muslim homes too, and incest rape. Don’t quote verses out of context. Rape is an extreme crime against the victim. All rules of modesty apply to both the male and females, and is this how you carry out your God given mandate to protect women?

When you say “I’m not saying rape is good o, but…” but what? You are a rape apologist and you are encouraging rape.

When you say, some indulge in rape for fun and you say many have done it in the past, what are you telling us? It would have been better such nonsense never made it out of your mouth. Fun to you has destroyed someone else forever. Stop letting every stupid opinion in your mind come out of your mouth.

When you joke about rape, laugh about rape, when the police do not take these cases seriously nor the law, when you ask why the victim didn’t come out to speak since and only came out later, when Men who know what is right chose to be silent about rape issues. Then that is encouraging rape to continue.

When the parents keep eyes on their daughters and teach them how to be proper, but never their sons, the sons act as they like, then they could have a potential rapist under their roof.

Decent women consider their bodies very precious to them, they don’t give themselves away to just anyone. So rape destroys a woman, and takes a part of her that can never return.

Everything mentioned here was said at one time or the other and observed on social media. We are not ready yet. What needs to happen drastically before we listen and change? When will change even come, when the whole nation itself is a whole mass of corruption. Tiring and sad.

May it never be okay with those who rape and those who justify it for them. May it not be okay with them on earth or in the heavens as long as they remain adamantly in that evil path. If you cannot say AMEN with all your chest. That’s your life’s problem.

Finally, fixing this is our collective effort needed. It’s not about women barking at men and blaming them, this is a collective failure of all of us, so we must tackle it completely.

Source - www.themoralcodeng.com

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Dami12345: 10:46am On Jun 06, 2020
Women should stay away from education.
Is this how an argument should be written?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by falcon01: 10:46am On Jun 06, 2020
becasue uwa was the only girl raped? or because it happened one church? Why one out of a Million? right Now a girl is been raped. let's Try and make the world a lil but safer.
Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Twinkletwin: 10:49am On Jun 06, 2020
Girls like to trend with anything

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Freestainworld(m): 10:59am On Jun 06, 2020
Rape rape everywhere, if they use the power they are using to rape fight bad leaders xx Nigeria would have progressed

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 06, 2020
Freestainworld:
Rape rape everywhere, if they use the power they are using to rape fight bad leaders xx Nigeria would have progressed

It's getting on your nerves?
Just wait, the heat will flush all of you out.

12 Likes

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Akunwafor(m): 1:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
Hmm

Why do you tell someone to avoid cultism if he knows he doesn't want to be killed?

See ehn, you women are simply stupid and retarded.

Nobody is supporting rape but have you not heard that PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!!!

The facts of the Uwa case may be shrouded in mystery but check it;

1) The Nigerian government instituted a total lockdown. As such, crowd density in many areas were reduced in many areas, it was especially 0 in churches.

2) In a whole Lagos state, Lagos state o, people were moving house to house to rob people.

Let me rant this one in pidgin: boys start to dey go person house one by one to dey thief, dem no even fear sey street full o or sey police fit show, dem enter street dey rob. Some even send letter before hand.

3) In Abuja and some other states the story was the same.

Prior to the lockdown, ASUU was even on strike.

Now this church was in benin. I fathom it's location is remote and there may be thick bushes around. It may be situated such that the distance may be a distance away from the nearest building.

But the girl went all alone to be doing night reading in a church that has been deserted for months in a remote location.

I mean haba!

Let's call a spade, a spade.

I settle down to read some rape stories and just at the beginning of the story, it's already evident that the crime could have been prevented.

*Don't give your pin code to anyone
Why?
They may empty your bank account.*

*Don't put generator close to your window
why?
It's poisonous fumes may kill you*

*Don't leave your doors open at night
why?
You may be visited by robbers*

*Don't walk around in dark, lonely places at night
why?
You may be mugged, hurt or worse, raped*

The world is not all fairytales and unicorns, police and security agents exist for a reason.

With all the laws, rules and punishments in existence, there is still and there will always be crime.

IT WAS UNFORTUNATE THAT UWA HAD TO FALL PREY TO THIS DISGUSTING, DARK, SENSELESS, VILE, EVIL AND PAINFUL CRIME. And sadly, sometimes, some of these evil things happen beyond our control too.

But the narrative would have been very different if she'd stayed in her house.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Currentlygrown: 2:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nn
Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by austine4real(m): 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
It's because we have sexualized everything

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by eazzzy1(m): 5:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
We encourage rape culture by not teaching women to report cases immediately.

We encourage rape culture with words like ‘nobody has the right to rape you even if you go to his house naked’. Rapist are criminals they don’t care about rights.

We encourage rape culture by bullying people to silence with accusations of being a rape apologist. If we want rape to end we have to engage in these conversations.

We encourage rape culture by absolving girls of all responsibilities towards preventing rape.

We encourage rape culture with words like ‘no means no’. Action speaks louder than words. You don’t want sex with someone don’t lead them on and then say no at the point of sex.

We encourage rape culture by shielding relatives who rape.

We encourage rape culture when the police cannot bring rapists to book.

We encourage rape culture by thinking the rules, guidelines put in place to prevent it are backwards, uncivilized and meant to cage women. Organizations like deeper life, covenant uni etc have been shamed over and over because they prohibit any kind of unnecessary mingling between genders.

Asides violent rape like Uwa’s case, rape of minors, Armed rape/ use of weapon most rape cases could have been prevented.

Lastly, the authorities really need to step up, the greatest deterrent to rape is when the rapist knows he will get caught. Also the rhetoric that females are better brought up than their male counterparts in Nigeria needs to stop immediately.

3 Likes

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by cococandy(f): 7:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
Classic Rape apologists tactic.

Why don’t you STFU Mr smart and quick.

So all women should stay in their houses to avoid getting raped? Even those who are being raped by people who live with them? Disgusting POS
Akunwafor:
Hmm

Why do you tell someone to avoid cultism if he knows he doesn't want to be killed?

See ehn, you women are simply stupid and retardedd.

Nobody is supporting rape but have you not heard that PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!!!

1) The Nigerian government instituted a total lockdown. As such, crowd density in many areas were reduced in many areas, it was especially 0 in churches.

2) In a whole Lagos state, Lagos state o, people were moving house to house to rob people.

Let me rant this one in pidgin: boys start to dey go person house one by one to dey thief, dem no even fear sey street full o or sey police fit show, dem enter street dey rob. Some even send letter before hand.

Now this church was in benin. I fathom it's location is remote and there may be thick bushes around. It may be situated such that the distance may be a distance away from the nearest building.

But the girl went all alone to be doing night reading in a church that has been deserted for months in a remote location.

I mean haba!

I settle down to read some rape stories and just at the beginning of the story, it's already evident that the crime could have been prevented.

Why?

why?

why?

why?

The world is not all fairytales and unicorns, police and security agents exist for a reason.

With all the laws, rules and punishments in existence, there is still and there will always be crime.

IT WAS UNFORTUNATE THAT UWA HAD TO FALL PREY TO THIS DISGUSTING, DARK, SENSELESS, VILE, EVIL AND PAINFUL CRIME. And sadly, sometimes, some of these evil things happen beyond our control too.

But the narrative would have been very different if she'd stayed in her house .

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Vyolet(f): 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
Akunwafor:
Hmm

See ehn, you women are simply stupid and retarded.

I mean haba!

Why?

why?

why?

why?

But the narrative would have been very different if she'd stayed in her house.
Those that stayed at home were also raped, you have no excuse, RAPIST.

11 Likes

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
Dami12345:
Women should stay away from education.
Is this how an argument should be written?
And women should stay away from education is the right thing to say, please make sure you don't educate your daughters

6 Likes

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Dami12345: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
Rozz:
And women should stay away from education is the right thing to say, please make sure you don't educate your daughters

undecided you are giving me excellent reason not too.
With the crap ya all spitting, why would i invest in that.
Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Babacele: 3:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
cococandy:
Classic Rapist apologists tactic.

Why don’t you STFU Mr smart and quick.

So all women should stay in their houses to avoid getting raped? Even those who are being raped by people who live with them? Disgusting POS
I tire for the akwunafor long pro-rapists epistle oooo. Hehehehe see talk oooo. So if a church is not safe enough ; if the sanctity of the church environment could not dissuade the criminals from raping and murdering Uwa ,then where is safe? Ain't we all with any remotest connection to any female gender - human or beast ( haven't we seen folks raping goats recently?), supposed to be alarmed at the audacity of the Uwa rapists to desecrate life ,religiuos space , and values?
This is so sickening.

3 Likes

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by bukatyne(f): 3:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
eazzzy1:

We encourage rape culture with words like ‘nobody has the right to rape you even if you go to his house naked’. Rapist are criminals they don’t care about rights.

We encourage rape culture by bullying people to silence with accusations of being a rape apologist. If we want rape to end we have to engage in these conversations.

We encourage rape culture by absolving girls of all responsibilities towards preventing rape.

We encourage rape culture with words like ‘no means no’. Action speaks louder than words. You don’t want sex with someone don’t lead them on and then say no at the point of sex.

We encourage rape culture by thinking the rules, guidelines put in place to prevent it are backwards, uncivilized and meant to cage women. Organizations like deeper life, covenant uni etc have been shamed over and over because they prohibit any kind of unnecessary mingling between genders.

Asides violent rape like Uwa’s case, rape of minors, Armed rape/ use of weapon most rape cases could have been prevented.

Lastly, the authorities really need to step up, the greatest deterrent to rape is when the rapist knows he will get caught. Also the rhetoric that females are better brought up than their male counterparts in Nigeria needs to stop immediately.

Claps.

Good one.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Ekwutox: 3:30pm On Jun 08, 2020
I am deeply ashamed of all the men that commented this thread.

Continue aiding and abetting rape, even little boys are not safe.

I need to unsee all of those comments, very disgusting.

4 Likes

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 08, 2020
Freestainworld:
[s]Rape rape everywhere, if they use the power they are using to rape fight bad leaders xx Nigeria would have progressed[/s]

I bet you if anyone raped your daughter or sister, you would want to set the world on fire. Don’t be a monster, okay? Be better, be human.
@about Nigeria? You are also ignorant , you don’t know that the problem of Nigeria is not “bad leaders”.
Be better, seek knowledge.
Change your mindset, be better, you can.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 08, 2020
@ Akunwafor,
you are a monster, simple and short...shorter than that epistle you wrote in support of rape.
Chukwu meelu gi ezigbo ebele.

3 Likes

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 08, 2020
Someone was raped just very recently (less than ten days). She didn’t even report rape straight up, wanting just to be treated. She is not the type that follows social media, so she didn’t know about the whole Uwa, mythical Medusa stories at all.
She is around 46, has not had sex for 14/15 years (after being disvirgined).
She is a charismatic/Catholic/Pentecostal born again. The shame she felt about people knowing she had a brother over in her house made her not scream. She was shaking nonstop all through. Rape causes physical harm yes, but the psychological invasion is even more terrifying.
The “brother” is known to her.
To all you rape apologists and unhappy people who revel in others’ misfortunes...you guys are lucky I don’t know you personally. You would all be in jail right now.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Akunwafor(m): 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2020
merahki:
@ Akunwafor,
you are a monster, simple and short...shorter than that epistle you wrote in support of rape.
Chukwu meelu gi ezigbo ebele.

Sigh.

Ya mekwalu gi.

Ezi.
Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Akunwafor(m): 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2020
merahki:
The shame she felt about people knowing she had a brother over in her house made her not scream.

Can you see what we're saying?

After they'll call us rape apologists.
Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Freestainworld(m): 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
merahki:

I bet you if anyone raped your daughter or sister, you would want to set the world on fire. Don’t be a monster, okay? Be better, be human.
@about Nigeria? You are also ignorant , you don’t know that the problem of Nigeria is not “bad leaders”.
Be better, seek knowledge.
Change your mindset, be better, you can.
Cheers
before you talk, you read and understand what the writer is talking about, how did I encourage rape in what I just wrote? was saying something else and you are saying another thing? is rape a good thing that I should support it? was saying if the guys who are raping our women ( the rapist) should use their energy in something else that things will be better and you are here condemning me. I pity you oo
Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Akunwafor(m): 4:46pm On Jun 08, 2020
Babacele:
I tire for the akwunafor long pro-rapists epistle oooo. Hehehehe see talk oooo. So if a church is not safe enough ; if the sanctity of the church environment could not dissuade the criminals from raping and murdering Uwa ,then where is safe? Ain't we all with any remotest connection to any female gender - human or beast ( haven't we seen folks raping goats recently?), supposed to be alarmed at the audacity of the Uwa rapists to desecrate life ,religiuos space , and values?
This is so sickening.

@bolded.

You just said exactly what I said.

Shit happens but because you expect people to be angels is the reason why you keep falling prey to these monsters.

Nobody supports rape but that doesn't mean you should not be cautious. GET SENSE!

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 08, 2020
Akunwafor:

Can you see what we're saying?
After they'll call us rape apologists.

It wasn’t even a mistake. You are a rape apologist truly shocked. That’s the ezi behavior here.
Our thoughts form our lives and they all come back, you know?

3 Likes

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
Freestainworld:
before you talk, you read and understand what the writer is talking about, how did I encourage rape in what I just wrote? was saying something else and you are saying another thing? is rape a good thing that I should support it? was saying if the guys who are raping our women ( the rapist) should use their energy in something else that things will be better and you are here condemning me. I pity you oo

Sometimes when you have nothing to say? Just say nothing. It keeps you from making unnecessary comments you may not even mean.
Read your own initial post again. It was mean and uncalled for, and was calling for focus to be removed from an identified and real evil to fix a bogus, undefined one. Why do you want to be like that?

2 Likes

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Babacele: 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2020
Akunwafor:

@bolded.

You just said exactly what I said.

Shit happens but because you expect people to be angels is the reason why you keep falling prey to these monsters.

Nobody supports rape but that doesn't mean you should not be cautious. GET SENSE!
you still don't get it ; do you? We are saying stop blaming the victims ; let us condemn in its entirety the madness that ,under any flimsy excuse , would rape your/my daughter/wife/mother/ and sisters! Don't you get? So if it had been in a library, She won't have received the same fate from the mad people? We don't want the talk about factors making one prone to these attack overshadow the condemnation of the acts. Are you so hard of hearing?

5 Likes

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Akunwafor(m): 4:59pm On Jun 08, 2020
merahki:

It wasn’t even a mistake. You are a rape apologist truly shocked. That’s the ezi behavior here.
Our thoughts form our lives and they all come back, you know?

Geez! How stupid and dense are you?

The said woman has been conditioned to feel shame because she didn't want anyone to know she had a man over and as such DID NOT scream and DID NOT report the issue.

Gosh! I mean, gosh!

I will keep telling women to carry pepper sprays in their bags.

I will keep telling women to carry tasers if they can afford it.

I will keep telling women to kick hard in the balls.

I will keep telling women to scream loud and scratch in the eyes.

I will keep telling women to learn basic martial arts.

I will keep preaching CAUTION!

A word is enough for the ....

Call me all the names you want but you all are not even ready for this rape discussion.

I'm done here.
Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Akunwafor(m): 5:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
Babacele:
you still don't get it ; do you? We are saying stop blaming the victims ; let us condemn in its entirety the madness that ,under any flimsy excuse , would rape your/my daughter/wife/mother/ and sisters! Don't you get? So if it had been in a library, She won't have received the same fate from the mad people? We don't want the talk about factors making one prone to these attack overshadow the condemnation of the acts. Are you so hard of hearing?

And how tf does BE CAUTIOUS = It's your fault?

Man I'm done here.

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
Akunwafor:

Geez! How stupid and dense are you?

The said woman has been conditioned to feel shame because she didn't want anyone to know she had a man over and as such DID NOT scream and DID NOT report the issue.

Gosh! I mean, gosh!

I will keep telling women to carry pepper sprays in their bags.

I will keep telling women to carry tasers if they can afford it.

I will keep telling women to kick hard in the balls.

I will keep telling women to scream loud and scratch in the eyes.

I will keep telling women to learn basic martial arts.

I will keep preaching CAUTION!

A word is enough for the ....

Call me all the names you want but you all are not even ready for this rape discussion.

I'm done here.

Victim blaming is one of the various ways people apologise for evil-rape.
You are unrepentant and bold in your folly. You should be done, here, and everywhere on the topic of rape, I nugo? Go to the nearest police station and say all that you have said on here. And see how you won’t be rocking a carton as your bed tonight.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Babacele: 5:33pm On Jun 08, 2020
Akunwafor:

And how tf does BE CAUTIOUS = It's your fault?

Man I'm done here.
BE CAUTIOUS to somebody who is dead? I'm dumbfounded for you.

3 Likes

Re: This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture by Graxie(f): 5:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
eazzzy1:

The hijab wearing lady that was killed recently because she refused being raped in her house made most of your arguments flawed. Of course you will have those that will applaud you, a woman who doesn't see rape in marriage will definitely fault girls for being rape victims. Keep applauding rapist, some day, most of your theories will become void by the time you witness first hand experience of being a victim.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Abandoned Us, Hid In Toilet During Robbery Attack, Woman Tells Court / Am I Under Spiritual Seige With My Gf? / Throwback Of Yoruba Couple In London In 1953(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.