Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,447 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

How I Succeeded - Timothy Adetolu - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How I Succeeded - Timothy Adetolu (226 Views)

Lagos-phc Marathoner, "I Succeeded In The Marathon Because I Was Determined" / Intellectual Discussion- What If: The Gideo Orka Coup Succeeded / These Loan Apps Have Finally Succeeded In Killing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Succeeded - Timothy Adetolu by teemanbastos(m): 12:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
If a man knows what he wants in this life, then he's never going to work a day in his life....

I am a fan of the United States Entertainment industry and admire their music, movies and talkshows, when I go on youtube and check their stuffs, I'm amazed at the number of views their videos amass, from tens of millions to billions! Like billions - 1 000 000 000 - 9 zeros! Incredible. The whole world is really feeling these guys!

And I'm like, boy this is amazing! These guys have so much positive vibes and energy that infects the whole world who always can't wait to see them perform and pay them a fortune!
See as youths are celebrating the return of football? After being subjected to over 2 months dry fasting! Coro ooo give me a break!

Then I found the answer behind all of these! These guys are doing what they love doing - that's why they are so full of energy!
Musk builds cars and rockets effortlessly and spends over 80 hours a week working on them - because he loves it!
Rihanna spends her time singing and practicing the rudiments of music effortlessly with so much limitless energy - because music is her life!
Trump! That guy is the only guy in my lifetime that I have seen with such unlimited energy - like how many 73 year olds have that boundless energy? - dude works about 19 hours a day! Gets by with 3 to 4 hours sleep and even has enough time to tweet! - because building great buildings and leading is his life, he absolutely loves doing all those!
Cristiano Ronaldo trains harder than anything - dude loves football with passion! - although LIONEL MESSI is my GOAT! I never see who go settle this matter who good pass out of two of them sha?!

Same for every of these successful guys! - they love what they do, the hardwork they put in is more or less an hobby! And they get rewarded big for their outputs! Their outputs are energetic and damn positive!

All of the above are multimillionaires and billionaires! When we see their snapshots on IG, Facebook.. We drool!
We all wanna wear what they put on to identify with their positive vibes - that's why companies pay these celebs big to appear on their products! Their vibes sell.

I love to be free-spirited and I love everything associated with pure joy! Brings splendid feelings. I've got a lot of energy and great ideas too.
But I had some struggles early on!

Starting out in the world where I grew in was crazy mehn! It's hard on a young guy to see criticisms and negative vibes being traded so easily! The feelings of self doubt tend to creep in, you've just got to be positive and confident of who you are!

I studied engineering in school - chemical engineering! I wanted petroleum engineering at first because back then at 15, petroleum engineers appeared to live the good life I desired! Earned in $ US Dollars, buy whatever you want, live the life you want..

But I did get some good advice, chemical Engineering was broader and so I went for it! I wrote this Jamb Dual Based Test in 2014, i expected 296 or something, but I ended up with 226 (i couldn't believe it) - If I see Prof Dibu Ojerinde, I'm still gonna ask him how that happened!

I had some knowledge of maths and chemistry and reasoned that I could cope in the university (Oba Awon University) . I did cope! Infact I set a goal of finishing with a 4.0 GPA, I got lucky i finished with a 4.1 instead.

But you know what guys? I had little interests in Chemical engineering! Hahaha! I discovered that midway into the course.
Mehn! Maybe if I really had some interests, I would have finished with 4.9! But that stage is gone anyways!

I wasn't exactly joyful going to classes! Not fulfilled! You know what I'm saying? in this world you've got to enjoy what you do! Ikr

Don't mistake this for me hating education! Nah nah. I absolutely love education! I damn love knowledge! Gives me the thrills coke users get with coke - knowledge is my coke! Fires me up.

I like books, I like reading, Infact I believe every gentleman and lady should study more stuffs and know how the world works to appear sophisticated!

But hey I found it easier reading and understanding a book like 'how to make friends and influence people' than books like 'understanding the fundamentals of process control engineering' hahaha! I'm not Elon! Or DeGrasse Tyson (both are astrophysicists)! Grammar! Bear with me.

I am a people-oriented guy not a machine-oriented guy! Lol

At a time I took a 4-unit weighted chemistry course in the university CHM 202 : organic chemistry, i didn't attend classes, it was boring and if you school in Nigeria esp. public universities, you know how the system is na! If you be indomie or ajebutter and you enter public university - you go rugged when you dey commot as if you go fight civil war. (laughed out loud)

So I took it upon myself to study so as to cover up for like 40 hours o and still ended up with a D (equivalent of 8/20) lol! That day I just knew that I wasn't Arrhenius (Arrhenius was a guy who came to this world in the medieval age to read chemistry - postulated the law on electrolysis... Sorry if you don't what that means! some chemistry jargon¿)
What I knew was I'm Timothy Teeman and I have to be Teeman!

So I just said to myself, that I wasn't going to do what I didn't like.
So i freestyled in the university, enjoyed the experiences and all.
But I made the decision to Iive a free spirited life - work whenever I want, and that work is actually an hobby!

What you're reading now is work! Like work! Mental work(putting my thoughts into living words)! Not easy I must say!
But I'm sure you're enjoying it, I am too!

So right now, you've got to define your life! It's very necessary you do so and ask yourself what you really want? (maybe it's to spend some quality time with teeman - and if you're not my babe, i guess you have to pay me one way or the other, I prefer to deal in $ US) thanks!

To pinpoint this, let me share this with you
I love space and cosmology(don't be scared, just scientific term for space activities)! Y'all should follow Elon Musk and NASA's activities of recent. Their work gives me chills as chilled coca-cola on the tongue on a hot sunny day! I love coca-Cola like EA Adeboye once did! Warren Buffet still does.

So I went to YouTube and watched these videos of how men went into the moon in 1969(I wasn't alive then but my grandfather was)- Armstrong and Aldrin! So I imagined myself on the moon - you know what I saw? The earth looks like a small round blue pea from the moon.
Wow! I was like...that's it? This is everything?
Mehn you've gotta be yourself and do what you have to do! Infact the earth is just one of the numerous celestial bodies we have - a dot in the milky way galaxy ( kilonso? I told you i like books! Sorry)!

So Define what you really want! Aint you tired of trying to copy what others' do? I am tired! I want to be myself! And I'm super sure you're happy that I am being myself.

These guys we all admire are doing what they love doing, I have to do what I love doing - this is a perfect Jackpotian equation! (I meant Jackpot for short)

You do what you love, it's easy putting your time and energy into it because you love doing it! Then you get paid trillions of dollars, get famous, have Bill Clinton's autograph on his 'My Life' autobiography you bought, have a great life, have a dinner with Angela Merkel at Mercedes Headquarters, visit the Supreme Leader of North Korea Kim Jong Un or even take the Queen out on a date to the Taj Mahal!

Define what you want!

As I write this! WFK clocks 79, I grew up listening to him! A great guy I must confess! But you know what? He loves to read, study, write and say the right things! And the benefits? Hundreds of millions listen to him - he's rich (even though he doesn't like publicity and rarely claims he is), famous, enjoys good relationships(has a fantastic wife) and enjoys a meaningful life.

Some people are paid to read - yeah you do know them - professors and corporate professionals!

A respected university Don of recent gave me an advice to go for a masters and phD. - well I hesitated in replying because I only thought I would acquire degrees if it really makes me happy you know!
If studying gives you more joy, then why not? Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard, Wharton sure 'll give you a joyful experience.

No one cares if I've read the whole books on earth or wooed the whole girls on earth or built the tallest buildings on earth or ate the best delicacies on earth or drunk the whole atlantic or met all the world leaders in the world or dined with the finest models or chilled with the greatest music stars- only what matters if it indeed matters - is the legacy you leave behind which is largely defined by you.

Guys, you've got to BE YOURSELF!
You do know this actually but I'm repeating for emphasis!

You love music, what are you waiting for? Momma's support or President Buhari's Memos? You've got all the time in the world! Get on.

If you have zero interest in books - no problem - we only need 100% interest in learning and mastering our crafts! Spend your time doing that.

I am a book guy! I really am! Trust me! My brain deals just fine with them! So I read all the time (if I'm not sleeping, eating, writing or getting paid for reading of course) - but I am really not a football player! Since my big toe got dislocated in secondary school, I bade football good bye - I love Play Stations tho but I'm not a pro! But that doesn't mean I won't whip you.. Hehehe!

So be yourself! That's it.

I can work anywhere and with anyone - chevron, shell, spaceX, entertainment industry, sports industry, politics, business, education, anywhere! It's ME that's working and I love to deal with people so anywhere people are found! That's my zone. The world is under my feet.
Energy!
Great Ideas!
Free-spiritedness!
Joy!
Enthusiasm! That's me.

I was shaving my beards in a local barbing salon, and one of the guys waiting to shave said something 'a man who can feed himself is a VC of himself' - it was an academic environment so the VC is the top guy. I just smiled.
That's it!
You're the entrepreneur of your life!
You're in charge of your life!
You've got 70, 80 or 120 years if you're lucky - that's all you've got to make life reasonable for you! Do what gives you Joy!
The earth is 4.5 billion years old (science says so), so whats 70 or 120 years in 4 500 000 000? Be Yourself.

After all this rants or advices or thesis or memos or letters or treatise or whatever it is to you.

Just Be yourself!

Life
Liberty
Pursuit of Happiness.
These are the foundational tenets of the greatest country in our world today! These made them great and they're really going to be great in a pretty long while!
They enjoy the LIFE bestowed on them, have the LIBERTY to fully express themselves in their PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.
You've got Life, you've got liberty to use your most potent tool (mind), then what's stopping you then? Get those baggages of self doubts away from your mind and start a refreshing meaningful life right away!

I'm Timothy Adetolu and open to work with great guys( from $ 1 000 000/ hour).
I like enthusiasm and joy and a luxurious environment!
I love life.

Timothy Adetolu probably the greatest guy you've ever met wrote this piece.

NotefromPublisher: This Exclusive, Excellent piece will get auctioned for Billions of dollars soonest, so use it while it lasts.

1 Like

Re: How I Succeeded - Timothy Adetolu by nwakgr8: 1:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
Lovely piece. Wish I could express my self just like this.

1 Like

Re: How I Succeeded - Timothy Adetolu by scoundrel(f): 4:32pm On Jun 06, 2020
Lol. Pauper. I make trillions and won’t tell anybody my secret to success.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2020 Top 5 Skit Makers In Nigeria / Winning With People By Oladapo Akinloye (CEO Emerald Zone Virtual Book Launch. / Rema – Alien AUDIO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.