Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Nigeria Withdraw For The WHO DG Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Withdraw For The WHO DG Race (668 Views)

US Wants WTO DG Race Reopened — Suggests Okonjo-iweala Lacks Experience / Okonjo-Iweala’s Rival, Yoo Myung-Hee To Withdraw From WTO DG Race / Senate Presidency: It’s Too Late For Me To Withdraw For Anyone – Ndume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nigeria Withdraw For The WHO DG Race by abbakacici: 3:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
The Federal government has withdrawn the nomination of the Deputy-Director General of World Trade Organisation (WTO), Amb. Dr. Fred Yonov Agah, a Christian Minority from Benue for the position of Director General of World Trade Organisation to pave way for Alhaji Abdulhameed Mamdouh, a Muslim from the Arab republic of Egypt.

Although Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was nominated to replace Dr. Amb. Fred Agah, the nomination was late as it contravenes rule 16 of the Rules of the Procedure of Executive Ministerial Committee, since nomination for candidates for DG WTO closed on 30th November, 2019. The announcement of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is to give Igbos a fake orgasm of what will not materialise since the appointment contravene the law abinitio.

Similar scenario played out between 1983 and 1985, Peter Onu, a Christian Igbo from Nigeria was Acting Secretary-General of the Organisation of African Unity (OAU). At the 1985 Summit in Addis Ababa, statesmen like Julius Nyerere, President of Tanzania, lobbied for his election as substantive Secretary-General. However, Nigeria under General Mohammadu Buhari voted Alhaji Ide Oumarou, Niger republic the country that buhari spend most of his weekend with instead of Mr. Peter Onu.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Withdraw For The WHO DG Race by Ezennwa(m): 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
hmm!
Re: Nigeria Withdraw For The WHO DG Race by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
Buhari just dey use these people play football grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Withdraw For The WHO DG Race by OreMI22: 3:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
abbakacici:
The Federal government has withdrawn the nomination of the Deputy-Director General of World Trade Organisation (WTO), Amb. Dr. Fred Yonov Agah, a Christian Minority from Benue for the position of Director General of World Trade Organisation to pave way for Alhaji Abdulhameed Mamdouh, a Muslim from the Arab republic of Egypt.

Although Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was nominated to replace Dr. Amb. Fred Agah, the nomination was late as it contravenes rule 16 of the Rules of the Procedure of Executive Ministerial Committee, since nomination for candidates for DG WTO closed on 30th November, 2019. The announcement of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is to give Igbos a fake orgasm of what will not materialise since the appointment contravene the law abinitio.

Similar scenario played out between 1983 and 1985, Peter Onu, a Christian Igbo from Nigeria was Acting Secretary-General of the Organisation of African Unity (OAU). At the 1985 Summit in Addis Ababa, statesmen like Julius Nyerere, President of Tanzania, lobbied for his election as substantive Secretary-General. However, Nigeria under General Mohammadu Buhari voted Alhaji Ide Oumarou, Niger republic the country that buhari spend most of his weekend with instead of Mr. Peter Onu.

As soon as I read the fake news of Buhari nominating Okonjo Iweala, I laughed so hard. Because I knew the Almajirai president would do no such thing for a non-fulani Muslim.
It was beyond him to see Nigeria as a country of diverse people. Everyone representing Nigeria had to be a Fulani Muslim. But, even that will pass away soon.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Withdraw For The WHO DG Race by jlinkd78(m): 3:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
Following
Re: Nigeria Withdraw For The WHO DG Race by ERockson: 3:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
I knew they just use the nomination to rubbish Okonjo, they've played that game in the past
Re: Nigeria Withdraw For The WHO DG Race by Mynd44: 4:17pm On Jun 06, 2020

(1)

"I Have Informants In Aso Rock" - Reno Omokri / Edo Election: I Won't Step Down For Obaseki, Says PDP Aspirants, Omoregie Ihama / What Is The Most Vital Natural Resources To Eradicate Poverty?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.