Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO (701 Views)

Ortom Debunks News Of Ministerial Nomination By President Tinubu / DG-WTO: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala commences campaign (Video) / Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
By Johnbosco Agbakwuru

The Presidency on Friday confirmed the nomination of the former Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the economy, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, by President Muhammadu Buhari for the position of Director-General of the World Trade Organization, WTO.The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Digital and New Media, Tolu Ogunlesi, had disclosed this in his Twitter handle on Friday morning.Ogunlesi said that the current Director-General of the intergovernmental organization, Roberto Azevedo, will be stepping down from his position on August 2020, a year ahead of the end of his tenure.According to him, “President Muhammadu Buhari has nominated Okonji-Iweala as Nigeria’s candidate for the position of the Director-General of World Trade Organization. DG Azevedo is stepping down in August 2020, a year earlier, so the election of the new DG, originally scheduled for 2021, may take place much earlier”.Azevedo, has been the head of the WTO since 2013.
He is stepping down at this critical period of global economic crisis and the trade war between the United States of America and China

.The WTO head said this is the best way to avoid any chaos at the alliance, which has witnessed attacks from US President, Donald Trump.This means that the election that was earlier scheduled for 2021 when his tenure was supposed to expire might be coming up much earlier for a new four-year term.A member of the Presidential media team told Vanguard, “It is true President Buhari has nominated Dr Okonjo-Iweala as Nigeria’s candidate for the position of Director-General of the World Trade Organization, WTO.

”Vanguard News Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by Afam4eva(m): 6:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
I have two minds about it. I don't want her to contest for the position and not get it. But there's no gain saying that she's the most qualified for the job.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by SLAP44: 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ok
Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
I really wish she can reject this offer Nigeria doesn't deserve intelligent woman like her and myself

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
Cc Aniomaa mr11 and Ndokwagirl what do you guys think ?Nigeria doesn't deserve our beloved sister they should go for sister Kemi

1 Like

Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
Afam4eva:
I have two minds about it. I don't want her to contest for the position and not get it. But there's no gain saying that she's the most qualified for the job.
I don't want her to contest,she should reject it.
Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by Freestainworld(m): 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
I am surprised that the president nominated some one from the past administration they all accused of corruption, looting public funds.
Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by seunmsg(m): 6:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
I really wish she can reject this offer Nigeria doesn't deserve intelligent woman like her and myself

How can she reject what she’s lobbying for? You think Buhari just woke up one day and nominated her? FG cannot nominate someone for an international position without the person signifying in writing that he/she is interested in the position.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by RuddyFusion(m): 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2020
You people keep reposting this without adding any new information....

What we want to know now is NOI position on her nomination and Nigeria government position on Eygpt objections to Ngozi candidature for the post...

Until then no need to recycle what we already know.
Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by DammyLucy(f): 6:50pm On Jun 06, 2020
She will win
Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by Iamgrey5(m): 6:51pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:

She is contesting for the director general of World Trade Organization not the local market woman leader In Ukwa-wash.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2020
[s]
seunmsg:

How can she reject what she’s lobbying for? You think Buhari just woke up one day and nominated her? FG cannot nominate someone for an international position without the person signifying in writing that he/she is interested in the position.
[/s] Nigeria government is the one begging her not the other way around Mister man and they know that is their best bet grin unless you're telling me that sister Kemi doesn't want to be nominated grin

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 7:03pm On Jun 06, 2020
[[s]quote author=Iamgrey5 post=90381753]

She is contesting for the director general of World Trade Organization not the local market woman leader In Ukwa-wash. [/quote][/s] This thread is for intelligent people sir that pay for their education and not for people that got it Free grin you know free things no dey make sense cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by mr11(m): 7:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Cc Aniomaa mr11 and Ndokwagirl what do you guys think ?Nigeria doesn't deserve our beloved sister they should go for sister Kemi
She's the best Nigeria got for the job so let her take the opportunity.
Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by oluwadabira111(m): 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
Afam4eva:
She is the most qualified? how sure are you angry
Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by oluwadabira111(m): 7:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
seunmsg:

Don't mind that village girl bro cheesy

1 Like

Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 7:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
mr11:
She's the best Nigeria got for the job so let her take the opportunity.
OK na but still want her to reject it.
Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by omowolewa: 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
Good
Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by Ekehwinz: 5:32am On Apr 23, 2023
Nwanyiogwashi ututu OMA

I have been seeing your good deeds in here and I want to appreciate you for your kindness.

NNE, please i humbly ask for a fix up, sleep has eroded me because of joblessness. Even it's working for you, I'll gladly do. I know you don't owe me anything nne but look upon me with mercy please. I hope to hear from you

Tallguy4eva54@yahoo.com is my mail

Thanks
Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by optionalY09: 6:15am On Apr 23, 2023
Nwanyiogwashi:

She’s not that intelligent, she just seems to line up with the people driving a particular agenda at a particular time in her life and she remain loyal. Not much intelligence is needed for that

1 Like

Re: Presidency Confirms Okonjo-iweala's Nomination By Buhari For The DG WTO by Bashimi: 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2023
Nwanyiogwashi:
By Johnbosco Agbakwuru

The Presidency on Friday confirmed the nomination of the former Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the economy, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, by President Muhammadu Buhari for the position of Director-General of the World Trade Organization, WTO.The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Digital and New Media, Tolu Ogunlesi, had disclosed this in his Twitter handle on Friday morning.Ogunlesi said that the current Director-General of the intergovernmental organization, Roberto Azevedo, will be stepping down from his position on August 2020, a year ahead of the end of his tenure.According to him, “President Muhammadu Buhari has nominated Okonji-Iweala as Nigeria’s candidate for the position of the Director-General of World Trade Organization. DG Azevedo is stepping down in August 2020, a year earlier, so the election of the new DG, originally scheduled for 2021, may take place much earlier”.Azevedo, has been the head of the WTO since 2013.
He is stepping down at this critical period of global economic crisis and the trade war between the United States of America and China

.The WTO head said this is the best way to avoid any chaos at the alliance, which has witnessed attacks from US President, Donald Trump.This means that the election that was earlier scheduled for 2021 when his tenure was supposed to expire might be coming up much earlier for a new four-year term.A member of the Presidential media team told Vanguard, “It is true President Buhari has nominated Dr Okonjo-Iweala as Nigeria’s candidate for the position of Director-General of the World Trade Organization, WTO.

”Vanguard News Nigeria.

Good afternoon ma am Adeosun Samuel by name a graduate of statistics and I also have a skill in maintenance of big generator ,for the past 4years now after my service year I have tried applying for job after service which I was unable to get,so I gather the courage to learn that skill pls madam I apply for all the latest recruitment starting from immigration,NDLEA and FRSC pls if anywhere you can help I'll be greatful thanks

(1) (Reply)

Democracy Day: Mascot Uzor Kalu Calls For Reversal To May 29, Hails Nigerians / Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? / NGO Petitions EFCC Over Obaseki’s N15b Rain On PDP Primaries, Ticket.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.