Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,132 members, 7,953,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:18 PM

Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? (740 Views)

Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary / ‘Whistleblower’ accusing CBN governor of fraud sent to prison / BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
I posted something about fraud on my WhatsApp status sometime ago and yahooguys on my contact list were telling me that politicians are the cause of fraud lol. That Interpol and the rest should arrest politicians and leave yahooboys alone,I was like you’re right about government not trying but the innocent people you guys are defrauding are they responsible for the bad governance in this country? No. So,if they’re so eager to scam they should scam the politicians that messed up the country not innocent foreigners.

Because of the activities of these fraudsters foreigners don’t trust Nigerians anymore. You’ll go through unwarranted and unnecessary checks at airports just because you’re a Nigerian while other folks from countries like South Africa won’t be checked.

If you tell these guys to stop engaging in fraud they’ll say you’re hating or jealous.

Talking about bad governance,is Nigeria the only country with bad governance in the world? Venezuela and Zimbabwe e.t.c are countries with bad governance yet their citizens don’t go about scamming innocent foreigners because of the situation in their country.
Most Nigerians just have a criminal and get rich quick mentality and this has nothing to do with the state of governance in the country because most of them take this same disgusting mentality to countries with good governance e.g USA and Canada.

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
Seun
Pcguru1

1 Like

Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by SirMichael1: 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
No but bad governance is majorly the cause of fraudsters in nigeria. The government of a nation is solely responsible for job creation for her citizens, if it can't provide jobs for at least 3/4 of its citizens, then illegal things of different sorts will arise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Aonkuuse(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2020
Capital no, me too am jobless, bad governance has affected me a lot but fraud is the last thing i will think of
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by SmartProf(m): 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2020
Fraud results from greed and a mentality of being able to outsmart a system. Not all persons who engage in fraud are poor. The motivation for fraud varies but a society that worships wealthy people, and provides special status for money spenders inspires lazy individuals longing to impress and make huge statements of false accomplishments without wanting to go through the path of steady legitimate progress. Bad governance can create socioeconomic challenges, but it doesn't justify fraud as the only way to earn a decent living

2 Likes

Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by hahn(m): 4:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nigerians just want you to make money. No one cares where it's from.

Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2020
SirMichael1:
No but bad governance is majorly the cause of fraudsters in nigeria. The government of a nation is solely responsible for job creation for her citizens, if it can't provide jobs for at least 3/4 of its citizens, then illegal things of different sorts will arise.

The fraudsters should scam the politicians that messed up the country not innocent foreigners,they have nothing to do with the state of governance in Nigeria.

Btw Nigeria isn’t the only country that politicians have messed yet the citizens of those countries don’t go about defrauding people anyhow.
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2020
hahn:
Nigerians just want you to make money. No one cares where it's from.

Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria

Exactly bruv.
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by karo93: 4:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
Poverty pushes people to crime and consequently crime increases poverty.

People are scared of investing in nigeria for fear of being defrauded by nigerians.

People are scared to do legitimate businesses with nigerians for fear of being defrauded.

In the end; Bad government causes poverty, poverty inspires fraud and fraud causes more poverty.

Fraudsters are ruining nigeria and nigerians are cheering them on. We think we are mocking the government and SARS but we are destroying ourselves

The government isnt providing jobs but if investors like shoprite dstv and other foreigners invest in nigeria we go see work do.

Now everyone is scared of doing business with nigerians so we wont see jobs from the government and we wont see jobs from investors. But many people are too stupid to realise this

1 Like

Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
karo93:
Poverty pushes people to crime and consequently crime increases poverty.

People are scared of investing in nigeria for fear of being defrauded by nigerians.

People are scared to do legitimate businesses with nigerians for fear of being defrauded.

In the end; Bad government causes poverty, poverty inspires fraud and fraud causes more poverty.

Fraudsters are ruining nigeria and nigerians are cheering them on. We think we are mocking the government and SARS but we are destroying ourselves

The government isnt providing jobs but if investors like shoprite dstv and other foreigners invest in nigeria we go see work do.

Now everyone is scared of doing business with nigerians so we wont see jobs from the government and we wont see jobs from investors. But many people are too stupid to realise this

Truer words have never been spoken.
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by KNOWMORE56: 5:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
A gallon of water filled with dirty water, it's hard to find out if you keep it from being punctured.

Once the gallon is punctured, its contents will be noticed.

Although the Sharp object caused the linkages,

but the truth is that there has been dirty water inside the gallon.

More than 90% of Nigerians (high and low, Christians and non Christians) are evil.

When one evil person saw or noticed another person ahead of him/her on the same evil course,he'll then feel more righteous than the other.

Sometimes if I try to encourage myself that Nigeria will be good some days,

I noticed that the up coming generations are more terrible than the outgoing generation.

My only encouragement now is in

Revelation 21:1 "
KJV:And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
KJV:And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
KJV:And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
KJV:And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: FOR THE FORMER THINGS ARE PASSED AWAY.
KJV:And he that sat upon the throne said, BEHOLD, I MAKE ALL THINGS NEW. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Halleluiah!

How many of you have this kind of HOPE?
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by orisa37: 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2020
YES IT'S.

AND WE DON'T NEED THE ROUGHNESS OF THIS RETIRED SOLDIER TO ERADICATE CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA. IT'S A MATTER OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND REPORTING.
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
orisa37:
[s]YES IT'S.

AND WE DON'T NEED THE ROUGHNESS OF THIS RETIRED SOLDIER TO ERADICATE CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA. IT'S A MATTER OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND REPORTING[/s].
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by lograr(m): 6:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
No. Fraud is the cause of Bad governance.
You will agree with me that our politicians are fraudsters.
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
lograr:
No. Fraud is the cause of Bad governance.
You will agree with me that our politicians are fraudsters.
cheesy
I agree. Majority of them are thieves.

1 Like

Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by orisa37: 7:34pm On Jun 26, 2020
[quote author=Plead post=91103967][/quote]

AUTOCRACY !!!
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Kazim88: 8:35pm On Jun 26, 2020
It's normal for fraudster to try to defend their stealing and avoid to take responsibility. it helps them sleep at night.

The truth Nigerian culture (expecially her pop music) program our youth for Yahoo.

9/10 Nigeria music is about women and their yaho boi to Ol0sho love... Coupled with almost naked video vixen..

Imagine, someone that don't have an account, squatting... singing "You must chop my money, I don't care"....

Most youth see this celebrity they see on TV and want to be like the way they appear to be.... The only route to being that version (the baller, the Mr chop my money, Mr fresh) is through Fraud.

As long as video vixens and show of wealth keep being the major part of our music.... Fraud and rape would keep haunting us. sad
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
Kazim88:
It's normal for fraudster to try to defend their stealing and avoid to take responsibility. it helps them sleep at night.

The truth Nigerian culture (expecially her pop music) program our youth for Yahoo.

9/10 Nigeria music is about women and their yaho boi to Ol0sho love... Coupled with almost naked video vixen..

Imagine, someone that don't have an account, squatting... singing "You must chop my money, I don't care"....

Most youth see this celebrity they see on TV and want to be like the way they appear to be.... The only route to being that version (the baller, the Mr chop my money, Mr fresh) is through Fraud.

As long as video vixens and show of wealth keep being the major part of our music.... Fraud and rape would keep haunting us. sad

Such a shame.
The funny thing is those fraudsters will be saying rubbish just to justify fraud.
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 26, 2020
Lalasticlala come here...
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by helinues: 8:41pm On Jun 26, 2020
You should ask what happened to most of the majority of the past politicians money.....
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Kazim88: 8:43pm On Jun 26, 2020
Plead:
Lalasticlala come here...

Op if this lalasticlala move this thread go to front page, the "Interpol should go and arrest our politician & leave yahoobois alone" crew would come for your head
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
helinues:
You should ask what happened to most of the majority of the past politicians money.....

Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
Kazim88:

Op if this lalasticlala move this thread go to front page, the "Interpol should go and arrest our politician & leave yahoobois alone" crew would come for your head
They’ll rot in jail.
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by helinues: 8:53pm On Jun 26, 2020
Plead:

If you think Dino's money is purely from politics, why are his colleagues not acquiring cars like him?
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2020
helinues:

If you think Dino's money is purely from politics, why are his colleagues not acquiring cars like him?
Do you know the amount of money a senator loots yearly?

Btw, are you supporting yahooboys or what?
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by sacajawea: 8:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
Kazim88:

Lalasticlala is No longer a Moderator
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by dasparrow: 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2020
Plead:

The fraudsters should scam the politicians that messed up the country not innocent foreigners,they have nothing to do with the state of governance in Nigeria.

Btw Nigeria isn’t the only country that politicians have messed yet the citizens of those countries don’t go about defrauding people anyhow.

Nigeria is unfortunately a country where the rich are worshipped regardless of how they got their wealth and the poor are oppressed. Hence, some Nigerians will do anything to become wealthy even if it means defrauding people. It is so unfortunate.

Another thing too is that the way Nigerian society is set up, if you are not financially flamboyant, you will suffer. In other countries of the world, you don't have to be wealthy to be comfortable. Basic amenities are readily available. Jobs are available. Food stuff is reasonably priced. Rent is reasonably priced. Good healthcare is available. Social welfare programs for the poor is available. Salary is paid recurrently when due. In Nigeria, workers are owed salary for months on end.

Nigeria just feels like a slave camp except that it is Nigerians treating their fellow citizens terribly. Very unfortunate!
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Kazim88: 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2020
helinues:

Dino Malaye is obviously into fraud. He was probably into fraud before he joined politics.

Just like invitus, some fraudster invest their spoils into politics, real estate and oil....

Notwithstanding, fraud is a mental position.
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by helinues: 8:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
Plead:

Do you know the amount of money a senator loots yearly?

Politicians also eventually get scammed after looting the money.... You can never see them complaining..

How did you arrive at that?
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Kazim88: 9:01pm On Jun 26, 2020
sacajawea:

So his tenor is over .. that means, no more snake thread on auto front page.

May he live long.
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
dasparrow:

Nigeria is unfortunately a country where the rich are worshipped regardless of how they got their wealth and the poor are oppressed. Hence, some Nigerians will do anything to become wealthy even if it means defrauding people. It is so unfortunate.

Another thing too is that the way Nigerian society is set up, if you are not financially flamboyant, you will suffer. In other countries of the world, you don't have to be wealthy to be comfortable. Basic amenities are readily available. Jobs are available. Food stuff is reasonably priced. Rent is reasonably priced. Good healthcare is available. Social welfare programs for the poor is available. Salary is paid recurrently when due. In Nigeria, workers are owed salary for months on end.

Nigeria just feels like a slave camp except that it is Nigerians treating their fellow citizens terribly. Very unfortunate!

Sad situation.
Re: Is Bad Governance Really The Cause Of Fraud In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 26, 2020
sacajawea:

Says who?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Egor APC Ward 7 Vows To Vote For Obaseki / CNN Poll: Biden And Trump Matchup Tightens As Enthusiasm Hits New High / See Who Is Threatening IPOB Not To Enter Imo State Or Face His Wrath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.