Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,897 members, 7,956,385 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:56 AM

Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire (74355 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2013 For Sale_manual / Registered Toyota Corolla 2013 For Grabs!!!! / Very Clean Toyota Corolla 2013 For Sale 3.8m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by bdek(m): 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
From assessment of the car, the fire started from the center to rear of the engine, and which means there is likely chances of misfire popping out from exhaust manifold when you actually switched off the engine without you knowing fire has started.

Allegation toward the braking system: look at the side where the ABS system accused of starting the fire did not even have any sign of fire.

Conclusion: seek an AUTO expert to help determine the cause. (not Kazeem please)

2 Likes

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Ayomarcel(m): 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
I don't know why we accept faulty cars into the countries. Even our car dealers aren't helping.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
grafixdon:
I read similar story on this forum last year, but it's toyota camry
What model of Toyota camry, hope is not Toyota camry XL, LE, XLE, etc which of them
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
Eeyaaa sorry Bros the Zoo is a dumping forest, just Negodu ordinary south Africa dumping their refuse here, Zoogeria always a Zoogeria
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Abbeyme: 10:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
Daboywizzy:
Wonders shall never end .. Wetin Abba Kyari no go see inside Hell Fire.

You bad o
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by SIRKAY98(m): 10:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
Sir anytime infinish driving my car and reahed home .i isually takes 13spanner flat..and lossining my battery positvel terminal and remove it. When am going in d morning i replace it. To avoid story that touch

2 Likes

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Orpe7(m): 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
My own is, hope u sha did comprehensive insurance with a correct insurance company
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Orpe7(m): 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
SIRKAY98:
Sir anytime infinish driving my car and reahed home .i isually takes 13spanner flat..and lossining my battery positvel terminal and remove it. When am going in d morning i replace it. To avoid story that touch

For how long

4 Likes

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by intruder15(m): 10:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
tonididdy:
wtf..[s].i don't believe this a braking system malfunction.[/s]
usually such occurrences will make Toyota recall all this models back for corrections or refunds.

I will like to read a scientific or mechanical proof to this happening, it's quite weird.

anyway I have never been a fan of this car.

Can you recall Samsung note 7 that was known for its explosive nature. Samsung eventually recalled the phone and compensated those that bought it with another brand of phone. But guess what, it's currently selling in Nigeria as neatly used phones and Nigerians don't care. Those that know the history will just avoid it without informing those that don't know the history. At least OP is notifying us. Kudos to him.

2 Likes

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by PAQ(m): 10:43pm On Jun 06, 2020
SIRKAY98:

If your car gets vandalised, how the alarm system wan work? Abi na old skool u dey cruise?

4 Likes

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by NaijadrivaCars: 10:43pm On Jun 06, 2020
bonnyhope:

What's VIN
V.I.N is Vehicle Identification Number. Google how to check it online.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Mrford(m): 10:43pm On Jun 06, 2020
bonnyhope:

What's VIN
. Vehicle Identification Number
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 06, 2020
tonididdy:
wtf...i don't believe this a braking system malfunction.
usually such occurrences will make Toyota recall all this models back for corrections or refunds.

I will like to read a scientific or mechanical proof to this happening, it's quite weird.

anyway I have never been a fan of this car.
It is certain that it could be the breaking system for that version of that model not necessarily with all. If you can recall Samsung galaxy note 7 (all got burnt) doesn't mean all the note series was faulty, same Samsung galaxy note 7 from reviews not all version of it was faulty but Samsung had to ban the use of it for the safety of life's and property.
Fast forward we need a serious overhaul in this country called Nigeria, (not a matter of the thing no concern me). it would surely concern each of us one day, the most annoying part is the youth that's supposed to be alert and hold the leaders accountable by
-- reminding them of their duties by posting bad roads networks pictures, poor or no electricity in places on Twitter instead they're twerking on social media, speaking on irrelevant issues that wouldn't make sense.
-- remind them of their campaign promises
-- speak against bad economic policies that's affecting the economy and the people at large. etc
Until then we are far from reality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Gaggii: 10:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
JAWBONE:
Toyota, this is unacceptable!

I bought a new Toyota Corolla 2013 (South Africa) back in 2015. I have since been driving it without issues. However, something mysterious happened on the 3rd of June, 2020.

Thread.

On the day before (2nd of June), I returned home around 7:30pm, and parked the car without any issue. To my utter shock, my neighbours woke me up around 7:00am the following day (3rd June) to inform me that my car was on fire.

It sounded like a joke; for a car parked twelve hours ago to catch fire all by itself. "This has to be a sabotage", I whispered to myself before I quickly got dressed and went to check, and alas, she was on fire!

But my very good neighbours were already ensued in a fight with the fire, and the only thing I did was to open the car for them to finish the last flame with their extinguishers. I'm deeply grateful to their good neighbourliness.

When the emergency was dealt with, I began to search for answers to this mystery, and what I learned was more shocking than the mystery.

My mechanic told me that that particular version (2012-13, South Africa) of Toyota Corolla had a flawed breaking system design, which caused it to catch fire by itself, even if the car was off for a long time.

Not entirely convinced, I called another mechanic for a second opinion, who drove me to his workshop, where he showed me another burnt Toyota Corolla like mine, and told me the same thing happened to her.

He also told me about another one that caught fire in the middle of the night, which eventually burnt another vehicle and an adjoining building. He said "Oga, all countries rejected this car, but Nigeria allowed it. It is sad".
He told me many people were changing the breaking system to American version of the same car.

I have decided to put this here so that others don't become victims of this professional negligence by Toyota, and regulatory failure by Nigeria.

I also want to put this here so that our government will understand the cost of not having an efficient regulatory system for quality and standards.
I also want this here so that Toyota's brand will pay for their design error, they way we paid with our resources (and probably, our lives). This type of error should not be allowed to happen again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_abba_g/status/1268982247702646784

Is it only the 2013 model or all corolla
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by thecommunist(m): 10:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
Moyorkush:
I use a Corolla 2010 also, and one day,i parked in a restive to get dinner, car i just parked 2mins, someone ran to the restaurant who parked red corolla smoke is coming out of it, i tot it was a joke until i came out, people brought water and no fire came out.. but after much investigation o found d problem, toyota cars use ABS AUTOMATIC BREAK SYSTEM WHICH NEEDS CHANGE EVERY 5years.. and mainly Toyota Corolla 2009-2015 model.. since den am always removing my battery wen i get back from work.. please do the same of u drive a replica
rather than removing your battery, you should tell your electrician to run a relay switch to isolate the battery from the inside of the car. Less stress.

2 Likes

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 06, 2020
promotervickky:
Hmm......one of the reasons I do ViNchecks, to safe people from buying cars like this!!!
What is VINchecks?
Want to know
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Investnow2017: 10:51pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ayomarcel:
I don't know why we accept faulty cars into the countries. Even our car dealers aren't helping.

Believe me, each time I see cars swimming in massive floods overseas whenever they experience hurricane or typhoon, something always tells me 80% of these cars will soon begin their real journey to Nigeria embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Taiw(m): 10:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
My brother Toyota 2010 Corolla got burnt around 2017. The car was barely a year old. I was the first to spot the fire. In fact the fire started in my presence. A car that was parked around 6am only to start burning around 3pm. A car that had not gone through any repair. The model comes with self igniting breaking system. People just like to argue otherwise. I am still shocked many car dealers are still importing this models

3 Likes

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Investnow2017: 10:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ayomarcel:

When there is weak or no regulation almost any country for commercial purpose would do it.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 06, 2020
Lawnray:
I wouldn't believe it if i someone told me. Its a deadly mistake. if there is a way, u should sue them for some millions
It is too late to sue them because I guess they've ordered the car of such models be prevented from usage but your government refused to do that so it is not the company's fault, you should sue FGN because they allowed such faulty product to be used or consumed by their citizens without doing the needful.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by aadoiza: 11:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
SIRKAY98:
Always remove the negative terminal instead.

2 Likes

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by DipoToyo(m): 11:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
GumGum:

How much and where is your shop located?
We operate online. Can ship to anywhere in country
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by NextBuhari: 11:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
That car is Toyota CORONA.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by DipoToyo(m): 11:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
iHart:
how much and how does it work?
It's gttn
2way audio
Sdcard Port- 32gb for offline recording
18650mAh batteries for backup when there's no direct power, this lasting 48hrs on working mode & 4months on standby mode
WiFi System for remote viewing
AP mode for LAN
Passive Infrared Sensor

08102754724 Call/WhatsApp
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by mechanics(m): 11:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
This is serious o, noted.

1 Like

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by raphloren: 11:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
Op I think this issue is not peculiar to only corolla but to Avensis, Yaris, RAV4 produced from 2008 to 2015. Toyota did a recall called special service campaign where they called all customers who bought this vehicle within this production year to bring the car to any nearest Toyota accredited dealer to rectify the following, break caliper kit, airbag sensor, vvt sensor etc. If u are d direct buyer and bought from any of dealership in Nigeria u must av received this info. I was one those handling such issue in one Toyota dealership in Lagos and so many customers refuse to come for corrections due to their schedule n cos they think they will pay. Even when we told them the risk. So don't blame the company. Things like this happen on production n when they discover they do a recall or offer free special campaign to rectify it.

2 Likes

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
Originalsly:
Not a car guy.... but if there was a braking system defect in that model car.... Toyota would have put out a recall. Did you check? On reasoning.... what does a defective braking system has to do with causing a fire when the car is parked? Isn't the braking system not deactivated? You should ask your mechanic consultants to explain. While at it.... find out if any of the cars caught fire while driving.... parked during the day.... or parked at night? I am almost sure the answer.should be at nights.... late.... after the engine is no longer hot. Like someone said earlier.... you need to get rid of rodents in your area... most likely they are the ones biting away at your wires and causing short circuits which cause fires... electrical fires.
Actually Toyota did a recall of certain versions of that same model but I guess he wouldn't know because he isn't aware of such incidents in a car because it may probably be his first time or he's not aware of such fault because he has no such knowledge in a car. Again he should not be interested in when or how such models got burned because he's not responsible for causing the damage or problem in the car.
You're shifting blames on him because he's a car user which is not supposed to be so as far he did the needful in calling a mechanic to fix and find out the fault of the car.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by kcbaba007: 11:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
It's a factory error from Toyota, it's not error from the breaking system, it's actually a battery explosion. Since you bought the vehicle brand new, you will still have warranty on the vehicle, pls call Toyota, send the pics and video of the incident, wait for reply, if they don't reply, pls, get a good lawyer and sue them.... Na them GI come beg you laslas
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by gly2ken: 11:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
I have similar experience in 2018 with my corolla 2004. The problem is the wire that connects the back break and reverse light as well as the boot indicator. Thank God my own happen at the office during the day.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by henzy4life: 11:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
Daboywizzy:
Wonders shall never end .. Wetin Abba Kyari no go see inside Hell Fire.
lol,so u and Abba Kyari are roommates inside he'll fire,wow dats applauding

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

****Kakaki + Sleekcm Enter 2015 With A BANG!! Toyota Corolla PICS**** / Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) / ***Kakaki Is Back For BMW Lovers!! The 2002 BMW 325i FACELIFT. Exclusive Offer**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.