Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! (1201 Views)

Statues Of Ancient Hebrews - They Look Igbo! / Debunking The Oduduwa Children Fantasy For Yoruba History Sakes / Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by Shiver99: 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2020
I heard so many times on this forum that Igbos are somehow lost descendants of Israelites. undecided

Not only is this very insulting, it is also very, very wrong.

While I believe that many Ancient Igbos had knowledge of the one true God , as can be seen by their practices , that doesn't mean they were hebrews for goodness sakes. Even the bible recorded that there were several people who knew god that were not Hebrews!

There is nothing, absolutely nothing that ties Igbo people to hebrew/middle easterners , not looks, culture, history, nothing.

First of all, if Igbos were indeed middle easterners they would have middle eastern ancestry and so would have middle eastern features.

Now which Igbo person in your life have you seen that looked like the pictures below who have typical middle eastern features: buck teeth, long narrow head, wiry hair, bulbous forehead, etc, etc sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by Golan007: 9:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
Phyno.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by Shiver99: 9:49pm On Jun 06, 2020
In Africa we are aware of the ones that have middle eastern ancestry and they are Somalis, Ethiopian/Eritreans as well as some other east africans.

Look at their pictures below, notice they have the same or very similar features? The same buck teeth, bulbous foreheads, coarse wiry hair, protuding nose....

Are you trying to say Igbos look like these people?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by Shiver99: 9:52pm On Jun 06, 2020
When people say things like that I wonder if they think.

Even in Nigeria you can spot some Northern Nigerians a mile away because they have middle eastern ancestry and have the same long, skinny heads and identical features. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by Shiver99: 9:58pm On Jun 06, 2020
Now in case some rabid pro-israelites peeps miraculously forgot...

This is how Igbo men look like, can you spot the difference?

Notice the broad, chiseled features, shorter square heads and softer, more cotton hair?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by Shiver99: 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
An important thing to note, Israelite history is said to go back to 1500bc, while Igbo is said by Archaeologists to possibly go back to 3000bc. So...how does that work?

Similarly, Igbos were already smelting iron at a large scale in 2000bc, when in 1200bc middle westerners were just begin to adopt it. So...how does that work?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by lordm(m): 10:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
Watch how ipob come for you
Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by Shiver99: 11:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
Because of this false allegation, you see many in here trying to chalk up Igbo features to some phantom Asiatic ancestry to explain why they look different from Yorubas and Hausas. Not knowing that each of these groups are part of their own distinct West African set.

Yoruba are related to Benin/togo/Ghanaians.

Hausas are related to Nigerien/chadian/Sudanese.

While Igbos are a part of a group called 'Equatorial Africans' and are related physically to Caeroonian/equatorial guineans, gabonese.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by Shiver99: 11:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
Some Equatorial africans (related to Igbos) below.

Or do they also have Hebrew ancestry?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by Shiver99: 4:06am On Jun 07, 2020
Igbo are a distinct, high-achieving race.

Modern day Jews at the same, but that doesn't mean they are in any way related.

Japanese and German people are the same, but why don't people say they are lost Jews? Or maybe the jews are lost Germans/Japanese people.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 07, 2020
Shiver99:
When people say things like that I wonder if they think.

Even in Nigeria you can spot some Northern Nigerians a mile away because they have middle eastern ancestry and have the same long, skinny heads and identical features. undecided

That's why I disagree with Nnamdi Kanu and those propagating that bullshit that Ndi Igbo are Jews

That's a pure lie.....

Rather I'll believe that the Jews are Ndi Igbo because the 11 tribes left 1 tribe and moved northeast......

And not the useless narrative of Ndi Igbo beIN Jews........

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by Nobody: 5:05am On Jun 07, 2020
lordm:
Watch how ipob come for you

That's part of the reason I can't support IPOB.

In my town, there's a place called Face Of God, it us believed that it was there we were created from

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by Shiver99: 5:57am On Jun 07, 2020
Xavfra:

That's why I disagree with Nnamdi Kanu and those propagating that bullshit that Ndi Igbo are Jews

That's a pure lie.....

Rather I'll believe that the Jews are Ndi Igbo because the 11 tribes left 1 tribe and moved northeast......

And not the useless narrative of Ndi Igbo beIN Jews........

Lol. Bros I don tire for these people.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by AreaFada2: 10:24am On Jun 07, 2020
This is not only Igbo issue.

Africans have self-esteem issues. The West who have studied archeology and anthropology the most say mankind comes from Africa. But darkie still wants to claim originating from Arabia, Israel, Yemen and any Godforsaken place except black Africa. shocked

Imported religions and culture have really scatter balanced dudu's brain to a ludicrous level. grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
Shiver99:

Lol. Bros I don tire for these people.

Aswrrr.....

Ndi Igbo are Ndi Igbo not any bloody jew

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by Alfo65: 7:19am On Jun 13, 2020
Xavfra:

Aswrrr.....

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by Alfo65: 7:21am On Jun 13, 2020
Xavfra:

Aswrrr.....

Bro, be careful how you talk, biko. You're going to have some of those folks rushing in here with a Torah if you aren't careful. angry

grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by Alfo65: 7:27am On Jun 13, 2020
To be honest, I wish those people who are accusing Igbos of being Jews would please receive sense.

It's gotten to the point now that you can't research Igbo culture and history easily unlike some other groups; because it has been warped and perverted by that Jewish nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 13, 2020
Alfo65:

Bro, be careful how you talk, biko. You're going to have some of those folks rushing in here with a Torah if you aren't careful. angry

grin

Aswrr.....

Dem go scatter my head
Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by macof(m): 12:33pm On Jun 13, 2020
What a shame that when this started a lot of igbos felt flattered and happy to be associated with Hebrews. Now the case has gone too far and destroyed actual igbo history
Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by RedboneSmith(m): 4:07pm On Jun 13, 2020
Alfo65:
To be honest, I wish those people who are accusing Igbos of being Jews would please receive sense.

It's gotten to the point now that you can't research Igbo culture and history easily unlike some other groups; because it has been warped and perverted by that Jewish nonsense.

Thank you oh. Recently, I learnt that the Obi of Idumuje-Unor in Anioma wrote a book explaining Igbo origins. I thought that was interesting, for an Anioma ruler to weigh in on the subject, so I decided to watch a clip of him talking about his book. Next thing this man started talking about Gad and Israel. I just hissed and exited the video.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by adadike(f): 8:08am On Aug 15, 2020
AreaFada2:
This is not only Igbo issue.

Africans have self-esteem issues. The West who have studied archeology and anthropology the most say mankind comes from Africa. But darkie still wants to claim originating from Arabia, Israel, Yemen and any Godforsaken place except black Africa. shocked

Imported religions and culture have really scatter balanced dudu's brain to a ludicrous level. grin cheesy
food for thought

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! by letu(m): 9:20am On Aug 15, 2020
Shiver99:
Igbo are a distinct, high-achieving race.

Modern day Jews at the same, but that doesn't mean they are in any way related.

Japanese and German people are the same, but why don't people say they are lost Jews? Or maybe the jews are lost Germans/Japanese people.

1) If they based their Hebrew origin stuff on the school of thought that believe the ancient Hebrews/ARAB'S and middle East where people of the same colour of brown people of this world popularly know as blacks inwhich the present day OYIBO Jews and ARAB'S/ middle East are not the same with the ancient but fake, well this would have been understandable.

2) But the problem is that their Israel origin is based on the school of thought that says that the ancient Israel and ARAB'S/ middle East looks the same like present day Israel and ARAB'S/middle East when it comes to looks and skin colour.

Well that's it, oftentimes many of the Igbo's that speak and believe in Igbo Israel origin do so based on the number 2 school of thought undecided.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness / My Etsako People Lets Discuss / Umu Ezionum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.