Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness (1208 Views)

Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress / Igbos Outside South East Blessing Or Course / Why Igbos Always Travel Home During Christmas Period - Come Rain, Come Shine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by bigpriik: 2:05am On Jun 30, 2020
This is a very sensitive topic which tends to breed so much argument,I will try to make things very simple here for the average man their understand I will not be biased.

The major factors used to define an ethnic group is language ,names And geographical location, although some people borrow foreign languages but not to the extent that they throwing away their mother tongue.take Nigeria and Ghana for example the British ruled us for almost 400years we learned their language but yet we still retained our mother tongue.

The main reason why Igbos speaking people are confused about their identity is mainly because our forefathers could not read and write as a result they didn't keep any historical records for us to know our origin unlike the europeans and asians we cannot totally rely on stories and myths because stories can be fake. So as a sophisticated generation we will use common sense and geography to determine our origin.

Geograhipcally all Igbo speaking lands around the Niger share boundaries, the aniomas and ikas shared boundaries with imo and anambra people, the ikwerre downsouth share boundary with imo:What does that tell you? It simply means there's is a wave of migration either from the West of the Niger to the East or from the East of the Niger to the West to the West Ikwerres maybe imo people who migrated downsouth or imo maybe Ikwere who migrated Northwards language changes maybe as a result of marrying from tribes tribe with a different language .

Now I strongly believe the reason why Igboid groups claim bini origin is as a result of the Benin empire, we tend to forget that the Benin influence reached Igbo speaking lands too.maybe you should search for the map of the Benin empire it was so large it reached the present day Benin republic.whenever a group of people are subdued by a more power people they more powerful ones imposes their culture, religion on the subdued people I believe this is the reason why Igboid groups have bini like culture.
Once again I will blame our forefathers for not writing any historical records for us to know our origin.
Good mornin you all.I

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by bigpriik: 2:11am On Jun 30, 2020
The great Benin empire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by MightySparrow: 3:11am On Jun 30, 2020
They realize that being Igbo is a crime against humanity
Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 3:18am On Jun 30, 2020
Who wants to be associated with criminals
Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by History555: 3:21am On Jun 30, 2020
Rubbish thread from a wailing fool. Accept my condolences. Tell ur boss to try again on 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by Commonsense99: 4:11am On Jun 30, 2020
grin
No igbo man denies his igboness, even in Diaspora.

Stop masturbation with the name igbo, we are not the cause of your predicament in this zoo, we are not the reason why your zoo is rated a 4th word country.

Some of you will generate useless ideologies to insult a blessed group of people, meanwhile the reality is different, they have succeeded in becoming your landlords in that lagos you claim you as state of origin (as a tenant) grin

This is why we need our own country, the envy is too palpable.. Tufiakwa!

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by chukwuibuipob: 4:12am On Jun 30, 2020
grin grin cheesy winkIgbos thread
Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by chukwuibuipob: 4:18am On Jun 30, 2020
cool cheesy grin wink cheesygrinsmiley smiley land grabbers, erosion,potopoto reason why we dey developed outside.
Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by chukwuibuipob: 4:27am On Jun 30, 2020
Commonsense99:
grin

Stop masturbation with the name igbo, we are not the cause of your predicament in this zoo, we are not the reason why your zoo is rated a 4th word country.

Some of you will generate useless ideologies to insult a blessed group of people, meanwhile the reality is different, they have succeeded in becoming your landlords in that lagos you claim you as state of origin (as a tenant) grin

u mean bigpriik isn't ipob yweet? Nah diz kind talk dey cause disunity among ipob yweets.Tufia!
Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by helinues: 4:29am On Jun 30, 2020
grin

The main reason why Igbos speaking people are confused about their identity is mainly because our forefathers could not read and write as a result they didn't keep any historical records for us

Hmmmmmmm
Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by chukwuibuipob: 4:37am On Jun 30, 2020
sad shocked wink cool ipob yweets,time to return back tour village sad sad grin cheesy
Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by DenreleDave(m): 4:42am On Jun 30, 2020
You will never see yorubas deny..

But igbos, they deny themselves. Fight themselves. Kill themselves.

2023, better vote Osinbajo so that everything can settle

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by Ikennamurphy: 4:43am On Jun 30, 2020
As soon as I saw sophistication there I knew it was one Afonjaa claw faced bastarrd on the loose that should have been kept in yaba left

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by helinues: 4:44am On Jun 30, 2020
DenreleDave:
You will never see yorubas deny..

But igbos, they deny themselves. Fight themselves. Kill themselves.

2023, better vote Osinbajo so that everything can settle

Don't tell me you are competing with the NL canceller...
Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by DenreleDave(m): 4:47am On Jun 30, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Okun people of Kogi deny being Yorubas, ilorin people deny too due to Afonjaa betrayer Nd conquest

Claw faced bastarrds

Show ur proofs that they deny being yoruba??.. Not just mouth, links pls source pls

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by DenreleDave(m): 4:47am On Jun 30, 2020
helinues:

Don't tell me you are competing with the NL canceller...
I don't understand this
Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by Ikennamurphy: 4:57am On Jun 30, 2020
DenreleDave:

Show ur proofs that they deny being yoruba??.. Not just mouth, links pls source pls
Real life encounter.. A friend from ilorin was telling me this exactly yesterday and I have a secretary here in the office from Okun who believes oduduwa didn't fall there and therefore they're not Yorubas

The earlier you guys focus on yourselves Nd stop masturbating over people wey no send una the better.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by ThatFairGuy: 4:59am On Jun 30, 2020
Ikennamurphy:
As soon as I saw sophistication there I knew it was one Afonjaa claw faced bastarrd on the loose that should have been kept in yaba left

Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by Ikennamurphy: 5:03am On Jun 30, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Thanks for showing us pictures of afonjaa claw face falling devils cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by DenreleDave(m): 5:05am On Jun 30, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Real life encounter.. A friend from ilorin was telling me this exactly yesterday and I have a secretary here in the office from Okun who believes oduduwa didn't fall there and therefore they're not Yorubas

The earlier you guys focus on yourselves Nd stop masturbating over people wey no send una the better.

See lies.... Real life lies.. Show us links n sources here..

Useless liars,, only u have kwara n Okun frnd and fortunately for u, both of them told u that they ain't yoruba...

Oga Ikennamurphy fake drug seller, lie another lie... This one no enter...

Anioma rejected u, Ikwerre rejected u.. Even ur people rejected igbo language, igbo sons n daughters rejected schooling in the east.. All of them prefer to school in the west..

Who is deceiving who bro??

Am sure u sef dey sell gala for Lagos hold up gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by Ikennamurphy: 5:20am On Jun 30, 2020
DenreleDave:

See lies.... Real life lies.. Show us links n sources here..

Useless liars,, only u have kwara n Okun frnd and fortunately for u, both of them told u that they ain't yoruba...

Oga Ikennamurphy fake drug seller, lie another lie... This one no enter...

Anioma rejected u, Ikwerre rejected u.. Even ur people rejected igbo language, igbo sons n daughters rejected schooling in the east.. All of them prefer to school in the west..

Who is deceiving who bro??

Am sure u sef dey sell gala for Lagos hold up gringrin
Go and get ilorin back first grin grin grin

Okun and kwara have rejected your Yoruba asses... Cry me an ocean tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by DenreleDave(m): 5:28am On Jun 30, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Go and get ilorin back first grin grin grin

Okun and kwara have rejected your Yoruba asses... Cry me an ocean tongue tongue tongue tongue

We know ur antics.... U can lie to the dead sef

After I bursted ur lies... Only u kwara n okunn frnds and they told u yesterday dt they ain't yoruba...

I bursted his lies, E pain am... Cry cry gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by Bighead9: 5:30am On Jun 30, 2020
True.
I'm also an Igbo man, but I preferred to be call an Aboki or Afonja, whenever I'm outside the East. IPOB terrorist and Nnamdi Kanu have succeeded in making us a laughing stuffs amongst other Nigerians. That's why I can never be part of Biafra, when the North finaly gives them their independence.

Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by MetaPhysical: 6:03am On Jun 30, 2020
DenreleDave:

This is too hard for me to bear... Lzaa imhotep metaphysical Deebwebb Ikennamurphy fake drug seller must see this gringringrin

grin grin
Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 30, 2020
Commonsense99:
grin

Ndi Ala......

He doesn't know that it's when they're outside that they champion it wella
Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by Balogunodua(m): 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

[s]Real life encounter.. A friend from ilorin was telling me this exactly yesterday and I have a secretary here in the office from Okun who believes oduduwa didn't fall there and therefore they're not Yorubas

The earlier you guys focus on yourselves Nd stop masturbating over people wey no send una the better.[/s]

Trash from an Osu mircreant
Re: Why Igbos Outside The Southeast Deny Their Igboness by Ikennamurphy: 10:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
Balogunodua:

Trash from an Osu mircreant
Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 rule 2

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Developing Or What? / Mistake Nigerians As Ghanaians And Vise Versa / What's The Implication Of Looking At Yourself In The Mirror On Your Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.