Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,023 members, 7,814,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

The Danger Of Minding Your Own Business. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Danger Of Minding Your Own Business. (2899 Views)

Minding Your Business The Nigerian Way / I'm In Danger Of Committing Adultery - Please Advice Me / What's The Danger Of Having Numerous Facebook Friends As A Young Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Danger Of Minding Your Own Business. by Acidosis(m): 9:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
bukatyne:

I have not read Sales girl thread.

But I agree with you.

Anytime you hear 'mind your business', you can be 90% sure it is something immoral.

Well, not surprised.

In the last days, the love of many would wax cold. They would be lovers of them selves.. Etc.

cheesy cheesy Very true ^^

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Danger Of Minding Your Own Business. by Kollami007: 2:03am On Jun 08, 2020
bukatyne:

Hahahahahahahaha

Now this is funny!

Saw someone was a Christian Apologist. Being Christian is no longer enough.

We will all mind our business till our brother brings home the serial abortionist and street LovePeddler.

Or our sister calls the professional heart breaker her sweetheart. Or we know he has sweet talked several girls to their doom.

I have realized that some discussions are not worth my time on SM or in real life.

There is a proverb: Were dun wo, ko se bi lomo. 'it is fun to watch a mad person dance however nobody parays for his/her child to be mad.'

And it plays out over and over again in SM and even offline.

Every business minder will do so until it affects them directly.

Modified:

Glanced through a few pages of the thread and it was sad.

Hopefully, the OP does the right thing.

If that babe dies in his store, there is no soap he will use to wash himself.

If the girl died in his shop due to some complications she had during abortion, to be honest with you, OP go taste kirikiri oo. Nigeria police won't say he's minding his business, so we are not going to arrest him. No one will even talk about how OP has been minding his business by not interfering with his sales girl private's life. Funniest part is "the mind your business" crew may be the first to call him ritualist or pervert that can't control his d!ck; he impregnates his sales girl, he aborted it blah blah blah. No one will probably know the true story on how the girl has been having sex with 5 different men. And I like Nigeria police because their only form of investigation is beating. Dem go beat craze comot for OP body. grin grin

Look at what happened to Clarence Peter that a video vixen died in his house and he was arrested because of it. Just imagine Clarence Peter was just a regular guy like OP, he will rot in jail for the offense he didn't commit because so many people are in jail for similar scenario.

Naija police only do thorough investigation when a crime involves a rich and influential person, but for a common man, "Na only God fit help me in this situation" is your motto.
Re: The Danger Of Minding Your Own Business. by Hathor5(f): 6:29am On Jun 08, 2020
Cocoyamu:

I can't really agree with your logic in the second paragraph.
Don't forget productivity at work most times begin from home. I will rather prefer to know certain details about the personal lives of my employees than not...

Mind your business, mind your business.., na im dem take dey throw stone kill bird (literarily; a bird doesn't tell another bird it's about to get hit by a stone).

If you care about productivity then you will have to monitor your workers' eating habits, sleeping habits, drinking habits, workout routine and medical records. Don't make me laugh with this your productivity argument. As long as they get their work done, you have no business poking your nose in their private lives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Danger Of Minding Your Own Business. by Kyom20(m): 7:43am On Jun 08, 2020
cococandy:
What if I tell you that depending on the circumstances, I don’t consider abortion a sin or a crime? That’s the conversation I’m not interested in having with any of you because you won’t get it.

( probably not in her case anyway because it seems she is just careless hence will not fall under the circumstances I have in mind.)

But like I said, it’s a conversation I don’t want to have with you.

I totally agree with you. Nigeria is the home of hypocrites. We have had multiple threads were men were the ones doing crazy things e.g. the guy who was sleeping with his cousin and the brother was thinking of telling on him. Men kept screaming mind your business n dat was dat.

Bt suddenly because this is about a woman itsl not "personal". Who are we deceiving? When a man says he sleeps with multiple women who do think these women are? Ghosts? They are your daughters, sisters, mothers etc. The fact that you dont know doesnt mean its nt happening.

When a girl has an abortion is it for herself? Isnt it a man who impregnated her? N she shud also keep and suffer because its what she deserves. Wat a backward society. In most foreign countries abortion is not a crime, because women deserve to have the opportunity to learn from mistakes and move on. Not having to give birth to a child whom she cant take care of.

If men were being forced to take responsibility for impregnating women or forced to pay child support. I would see reason for no abortion but for this part of the world were men think the can do as they wish, I PITY ANY WOMAN who doesnt take her future in her hands and do whats best for herself.

3 Likes

Re: The Danger Of Minding Your Own Business. by Kyom20(m): 7:47am On Jun 08, 2020
Kollami007:

If the girl died in his shop due to some complications she had during abortion, to be honest with you, OP go taste kirikiri oo. Nigeria police won't say he's minding his business, so we are not going to arrest him. No one will even talk about how OP has been minding his business by not interfering with his sales girl private's life. Funniest part is "the mind your business" crew may be the first to call him ritualist or pervert that can't control his d!ck; he impregnates his sales girl, he aborted it blah blah blah. No one will probably know the true story on how the girl has been having sex with 5 different men. And I like Nigeria police because their only form of investigation is beating. Dem go beat craze comot for OP body. grin grin

Look at what happened to Clarence Peter that a video vixen died in his house and he was arrested because of it. Just imagine Clarence Peter was just a regular guy like OP, he will rot in jail for the offense he didn't commit because so many people are in jail for similar scenario.

Naija police only do thorough investigation when a crime involves a rich and influential person, but for a common man, "Na only God fit help me in this situation" is your motto.

We love to use this talk of "what if she dies from the abortion" line. Pls tell me how many women you know who died from an abortion. There are a thousand and one things more likely to kill a woman than an abortion. The world is changing and its high time our thinking does too.

Its even more likely to die from childbirth than abortion. If anything that man can simply advice and give her reasons why she should work on herself because there is nothing men will give her that she cant give herself. Not him trying to judge her or sack her because he doesn't know what his own daughters are doing grin

3 Likes

Re: The Danger Of Minding Your Own Business. by ieemmanuel(m): 7:55am On Jun 08, 2020
bdchange:
When people use the word mind your business, sometimes I wonder in what context are they referring to? How well should I mind my business in the following scenarios:
1. If my neighbor is having sex with a minor in the same house we live in.
2. If my mother treats our maid as trash since I am not her primary employer.
3. If my friend or brother rapes my step sister and threatens to kill her if she talks.
4. I can as well turn a blind eye to the looting of the national treasury by my party members since the money is enough to go round.
5. I can as well remain dumb when I know my colleague is stealing from the company since it is not my money being stolen.
6. I can also close my eyes when I see my friends raping a girl since she is not my sister.
I can go on and on till I have ten pages full of these lists of minding my business. Well any of these will only be my concern or your concern when it happens to people we love, that is hypocrisy. You want to turn a blind eye and yet still have a sane country to live in. Please stop deceiving yourselves it doesn't work that way. Though we can agree that some things are not actually your business. A case study of the example the OP gave about a boss contemplating on sacking his employee because of her personal life. I just had to laugh when I read that. Believe me if employers are to go by that judgement then most of us might be out of work even the OP. Nevertheless some issues are so paramount that you have to make it your business if you claim you want to have a better society to live in.

Well said
Re: The Danger Of Minding Your Own Business. by Liposure: 10:40pm On Jun 09, 2020
ibkayee:

All of a sudden men turned to 'civil' activists in that thread, whenever there's an opportunity to police a woman's body that's when they remember the 'ills' of society. I guarantee the response wouldn't have been as strong from them if the person in question being 'immoral' was male cheesy
Its a man's world dey will say. nobody cares about how a girl/woman survives which i tink is very unfair

1 Like

Re: The Danger Of Minding Your Own Business. by kazyhm(m): 9:00am On Jun 10, 2020
Kyom20:

I totally agree with you. Nigeria is the home of hypocrites. We have had multiple threads were men were the ones doing crazy things e.g. the guy who was sleeping with his cousin and the brother was thinking of telling on him. Men kept screaming mind your business n dat was dat.

Bt suddenly because this is about a woman itsl not "personal". Who are we deceiving? When a man says he sleeps with multiple women who do think these women are? Ghosts? They are your daughters, sisters, mothers etc. The fact that you dont know doesnt mean its nt happening.

When a girl has an abortion is it for herself? Isnt it a man who impregnated her? N she shud also keep and suffer because its what she deserves. Wat a backward society. In most foreign countries abortion is not a crime, because women deserve to have the opportunity to learn from mistakes and move on. Not having to give birth to a child whom she cant take care of.

If men were being forced to take responsibility for impregnating women or forced to pay child support. I would see reason for no abortion but for this part of the world were men think the can do as they wish, I PITY ANY WOMAN who doesnt take her future in her hands and do whats best for herself.

Sometime I really don't understand how people separate cause and effect from situations......its better not to talk than affirmative give an opinion that will further complicate a situation...

The number of guy touts are a reflection of how bad a society is
The number of girl touts is a reflection of how terrible a society is.........so also teenage pregnant

Portraying men and women as the same and equal at all level of life and situation is what make this thread this long.......In a sexual relationship, its the women that get pregnant, do abortion/give birth etc. So women need sexual training and caution than men.........in reality men don't get pity from human generally unlike women.....that why most touts, criminals et al are men and people don't get emotional about it but a girl tout always raise question and sympathy.

When a girl abort, its entirely not true that she did it for the boyfriend/sexual partner.....that Statement portrays women as if they have no choice, no mind of their own, can't think and not capable to live without man influencing their choice/actions.
Those foreign countries you mentioned are are more confused and backward than you portray them
A countries that have bias for genders, country that values furniture than than human that make them.......a country that legalized abortion yet men's life are ruin for women choice to keep a baby she can't carter for
You people don't want women to be train and caution for their own good and benefits but you want to blame everyone else when their choice didn't work out in their favor.

The summary of this you opinion I guess is because men seem to do as the wish so women also should do as they wishes..........things don't work like that in reality.....life us not fair

And in every situation, someone usually have an upper hand........that should be the basis for consideration when discussion like this ensue.

1 Like

Re: The Danger Of Minding Your Own Business. by Kyom20(m): 10:54am On Jun 10, 2020
kazyhm:

Sometime I really don't understand how people separate cause and effect from situations......its better not to talk than affirmative give an opinion that will further complicate a situation...

The number of guy touts are a reflection of how bad a society is
The number of girl touts is a reflection of how terrible a society is.........so also teenage pregnant

Portraying men and women as the same and equal at all level of life and situation is what make this thread this long.......In a sexual relationship, its the women that get pregnant, do abortion/give birth etc. So women need sexual training and caution than men.........in reality men don't get pity from human generally unlike women.....that why most touts, criminals et al are men and people don't get emotional about it but a girl tout always raise question and sympathy.

When a girl abort, its entirely not true that she did it for the boyfriend/sexual partner.....that Statement portrays women as if they have no choice, no mind of their own, can't think and not capable to live without man influencing their choice/actions.
Those foreign countries you mentioned are are more confused and backward than you portray them
A countries that have bias for genders, country that values furniture than than human that make them.......a country that legalized abortion yet men's life are ruin for women choice to keep a baby she can't carter for
You people don't want women to be train and caution for their own good and benefits but you want to blame everyone else when their choice didn't work out in their favor.

The summary of this you opinion I guess is because men seem to do as the wish so women also should do as they wishes..........things don't work like that in reality.....life us not fair

And in every situation, someone usually have an upper hand........that should be the basis for consideration when discussion like this ensue.
What I was saying is dat who is responsible for a woman's pregnancy? Isnt it a man? Definitely, the woman is capable of making her decisions whether she keeps it or not and that may or may not be based on the man.

Life is not fair but we can create a sense of equity. By ensuring that everyone bears consequences for their actions whether male or female. A woman should not solely face the consequence of her action when she got into it with a man.

The world is changing whether you like it or not. Its left to you to also move or stay in the past. Women are standing up more than ever before and slowly changing the narrative.
Re: The Danger Of Minding Your Own Business. by kazyhm(m): 2:10pm On Jun 10, 2020
Kyom20:

What I was saying is dat who is responsible for a woman's pregnancy? Isnt it a man? Definitely, the woman is capable of making her decisions whether she keeps it or not and that may or may not be based on the man.

Life is not fair but we can create a sense of equity. By ensuring that everyone bears consequences for their actions whether male or female. A woman should not solely face the consequence of her action when she got into it with a man.

The world is changing whether you like it or not. Its left to you to also move or stay in the past. Women are standing up more than ever before and slowly changing the narrative.

What I'm saying is that situations affect one more than the other.......is such a case the person/gender with the lower advantage should be thread carefully.

Then you shouldn't shield such person/gender from proper training as the case of the original thread.

Change is constant
We Change the world in a better way
Its not every change that is positive
Not this biased and disjointed change

lopsided Equality change is not even helping in those developed world you want to emulate; even they know.....but man will always be a man....we live it whichever crap they turn the world into.....through female happiness brings peace to the world agitation.....and by extension.......its to female detriment in the long run.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Daughter Ran Away From Home / One Good Thing About Sexting / Meet The Family Who Have Been Living With Water In Their Room For The Past 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.