Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,183 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 (3245 Views)

DJ Cuppy: ‘I Have Dated Men From Every Race Apart From Asia' / Sholaye Jeremi Rumoured To Be Linda Ikeji's Baby Daddy To Be (Photos) / 10 Ladies Wizkid Was Rumored To Have Dated (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by Authoreety: 6:50am On Jun 07, 2020
Music legend, Bongos Ikwue who was once rumoured to have dated Maryam, the late wife of former military president Ibrahim Babangida has clocked 78 years of age today. He was born in Otukpo in present Benue State on the 6th of June 1942.

The music legend who reigned in the Nigerian music scene in the past attended Okene Comprehensive Secondary School where he formed a group called Cubana Boys in 1962 with two other young boys, after which he headed off to the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), also in Zaria, Kaduna State, where he studied Business Administration.

During the military days, there were rumours that he once dated the former Nigeria first lady, Maryam Babangida and that the late first lady was snatched from him by the former military president, Ibrahim Babangida because he was a poor man.

According to proponent of the rumours, the popular musician was so pained by the experience that he had to sing one of his popular songs titled, "What's gonna be is gonna be" and even 'Mariama' which was equally very popular over the alleged incidence.

The music legend was part of those who performed at the inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari on the 29th of May, 2015 at Aso Rock, Abuja where he performed his popular song, titled: What's Gonna Be is Gonna Be.

Asides from being a great musician, he is a businessman, an hotelier and a building contractor.

One of his greatest track of all times is Cock Crow At Dawn which is a sound track from a popular movie on National Television Authority (NTA) in those days. The song was used by the then military government to encourage people to go into farming instead of going after white collar jobs.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by Authoreety: 6:53am On Jun 07, 2020
Happy birthday music maestro and legend. Many more happy returns sir.

4 Likes

Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by donbachi(m): 6:57am On Jun 07, 2020
Happybirthday sir.....Which one be "Rumoured"..she was his babe.dat niggar use him military power collect her from him hand.op take ur time oo..

5 Likes

Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by sammychimex(m): 7:02am On Jun 07, 2020
Happy birthday sir.
Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by Untainted007: 7:05am On Jun 07, 2020
Happy birthday to him.
Back to snatching wife from him or not. Where the wife that was snatched today? Gone even before the two rivals. That is to tell you that this life ehn is a misery that no one can unravel. The snatcher and the snatchee now are old that one is walking with d aid of crushes while the former is still looking younger.

2 Likes

Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by Rickmann: 7:51am On Jun 07, 2020
Authoreety:
Music legend, Bongos Ikwue who was once rumoured to have dated Maryam, the late wife of former military president Ibrahim Babangida has clocked 78 years of age today. He was born in Otukpo in present Benue State on the 6th of June 1942.

The music legend who reigned in the Nigerian music scene in the past attended Okene Comprehensive Secondary School where he formed a group called Cubana Boys in 1962 with two other young boys, after which he headed off to the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), also in Zaria, Kaduna State, where he studied Business Administration.

During the military days, there were rumours that he once dated the former Nigeria first lady, Maryam Babangida and that the late first lady was snatched from him by the former military president, Ibrahim Babangida because he was a poor man.

According to proponent of the rumours, the popular musician was so pained by the experience that he had to sing one of his popular songs titled, "What's gonna be is gonna be" and even 'Mariama' which was equally very popular over the alleged incidence.

The music legend was part of those who performed at the inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari on the 29th of May, 2015 at Aso Rock, Abuja where he performed his popular song, titled: What's Gonna Be is Gonna Be.

Asides from being a great musician, he is a businessman, an hotelier and a building contractor.

One of his greatest track of all times is Cock Crow At Dawn which is a sound track from a popular movie on National Television Authority (NTA) in those days. The song was used by the then military government to encourage people to go into farming instead of going after white collar jobs.

Chris okotie was rumored to have dated the beautiful maryam babangida, the then First Lady and wife of former president Ibrahim badamosi babangida and not bongos ikwe
Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 07, 2020
Rickmann:

Chris okotie was rumored to have dated the beautiful maryam babangida, the then First Lady and wife of former president Ibrahim badamosi babangida and not bongos ikwe

Chris Okotie dated Maryam Babangida? Perhaps in one of your dreams.
How old was Chris Okotie when Maryam was in her youthful prime? How old was Okotie when Babangida married Maryam?

Threads like this takes one down memory lane and resuscitates those sweet, past events hibernating in one's subconscious mind.
I remember Bongos Ikwue's What Right Is Right, Still searching. And then Cóck Crow at Dawn on Radio those days, the song's guitar chords resonating over the serene environment.

It seems Dino has been doing a good job in relating with these veterans. Just like he did with Majek and Ras Kimono, unfortunately both are now dead.

R.I.P to Majek Fashek. I remember those days when his songs played on those big, vintage music plates and coloured the atmosphere with the melody of his songs, resonating far into the calm surrounding.
Free Mandela, Our father, Send down the Rain, Mama tete Oyoyo and the rest. Whenever Mother track was playing, I was always waiting for that point where Majek said, say Oyoyo o! So that I could also respond and shout, Oyoyo o!

Life was simple and meaningful those days with very little distraction or worry. You only focused and enjoyed the little that existed around you. No internet, Mobile phones or other shiits to connect you with fake-ass people or things outside which are none of your business. You only focused on your nuclear environment and enjoyed it.

Those days I used to think that Majek was a Black American because he looked foreign, his voice sounded foreign, his name sounds foreign, he dressed foreign, with his Bob Marley hairstyle and I didn't hear him speak local languages in his songs. He really lived up to the international Reggae standard in all aspects, and when he later starred in Nollywood movie 'Mark of the beast', it was like starring a foreign Star. It's sad Nigeria and Nigerians don't appreciate our Veterans in the entertainment industry.

Happy Birthday Bongos Ikwe. Longer life and prosperity sir.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by goodnewscliff(m): 8:11am On Jun 07, 2020
EveRy old person who did a track or two is now legend
Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by cassidy1996(m): 8:15am On Jun 07, 2020
Rickmann:

i think it was Bongos

2 Likes

Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by elpochas: 8:58am On Jun 07, 2020
My darling mariam

1 Like

Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 07, 2020
[s]
goodnewscliff:
[/s]

Can you imagine.
A statement from someone who obviously doesn't know more than Frogiddo and Wizkid.

Music in the past was the real deal, very meaningful set of songs. Not all the shiit we listen to today, only beats, no sense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by XXLMANDIGO: 9:05am On Jun 07, 2020
Very possible.

And when the highest bidder came, the Melanin queen Vroooooom off.

2 Likes

Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by We4all: 9:11am On Jun 07, 2020
Bongos Ikwue is highly underrated. His songs gives me goose pimples whenever I listen to them.

Oh Maryam...
My darling Maryam...
Maryam army woman, I'll forever be your man.

Met Maryama in a dance...
Then I took a chance...
We started a good conversation..
And afterwards the sensation.

And for the doubting Thomases, he actually dated Maryam, and was so in love with her that the love lingered even after she got married to IBB. I have an aunt who dated Maryam's elder brother at that time, and she confirmed the story.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by We4all: 9:12am On Jun 07, 2020
light099:
[s][/s]

Can you imagine.
A statement from someone who obviously doesn't know more than Frogiddo and Wizkid.

Music in the past was the real deal, very meaningful set of songs. Not all the shiit we listen to today, only beats, no sense.

Don't pay attention to him, he must have been born in the 20's...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by sacajawea: 9:40am On Jun 07, 2020
Yh most of them made money from Political Money
Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by Remii(m): 9:56am On Jun 07, 2020
not a rumour, she was a dance in his musical group, they lady was spotted when they went to play for the army in their barrack

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by crossfm: 11:02am On Jun 07, 2020
Most of your assertions op where wrong.but I will say its partly not your fault but the fault of bloggers who dish out information without crosschecking.
The legendary idoma singer was admitted into ABU Zaria to study electrical engineering.an admission he gladly accepted but dropped out in his second year.he said he did it on his own and never regret taking such action because he went after his dream.
Secondly,bongos Ikwue had nothing to do with Maryam in fact he saw her closely once and never met her one on one in his life time.the song Mariama was dedicated to Mr Peter Stratton and his wife.
Another important fact to note was that,as at the time the song mariama was released, Maryams name was still maria.she wasn't even married to the general then.Abi bongos da see the future.
I know people will say how do I know all these.well,am from Benue state.apart from that I did my researchs too.
My reference are below.
1.High life music in west Africa:Down the memory lane.by Sony Oti,2009.
2.I'm back to rule the music industry :The Nigerian voice,2011.
3.Bongos Ikwue:Nigeria's greatest lyricist is back.by umu aba WordPress, 2013.
4.you can also watch where he was interviewed on channel's TV by Mani Onumonu.

1 Like

Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by Stargner: 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
A very calm and loving man. Spent two weeks at his resort. He treated my team and I to a private session.
Happy Birthday Sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by Authoreety: 12:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
light099:

Chris Okotie dated Maryam Babangida? Perhaps in one of your dreams.
How old was Chris Okotie when Maryam was in her youthful prime? How old was Okotie when Babangida married Maryam?

Threads like this takes one down memory lane and resuscitates those sweet, past events hibernating in one's subconscious mind.
I remember Bongos Ikwue's What Right Is Right, Still searching. And then Cóck Crow at Dawn on Radio those days, the song's guitar chords resonating over the serene environment.

It seems Dino has been doing a good job in relating with these veterans. Just like he did with Majek and Ras Kimono, unfortunately both are now dead.

R.I.P to Majek Fashek. I remember those days when his songs played on those big, vintage music plates and coloured the atmosphere with the melody of his songs, resonating far into the calm surrounding.
Free Mandela, Our father, Send down the Rain, Mama tete Oyoyo and the rest. Whenever Mother track was playing, I was always waiting for that point where Majek said, say Oyoyo o! So that I could also respond and shout, Oyoyo o!

Life was simple and meaningful those days with very little distraction or worry. You only focused and enjoyed the little that existed around you. No internet, Mobile phones or other shiits to connect you with fake-ass people or things outside which are none of your business. You only focused on your nuclear environment and enjoyed it.

Those days I used to think that Majek was a Black American because he looked foreign, his voice sounded foreign, his name sounds foreign, he dressed foreign, with his Bob Marley hairstyle and I didn't hear him speak local languages in his songs. He really lived up to the international Reggae standard in all aspects, and when he later starred in Nollywood movie 'Mark of the beast', it was like starring a foreign Star. It's sad Nigeria and Nigerians don't appreciate our Veterans in the entertainment industry.

Happy Birthday Bongos Ikwe. Longer life and prosperity sir.

God bless you sir..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by Authoreety: 12:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
Lalasticlala, let's celebrate a legend
Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by elpochas: 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2020
Tell my girl,am coming home to stay.this time when i come i be home to stay forever.I doubt if these guy dated mariah,cos he denied it when he was asked.
Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by Kobicove(m): 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
goodnewscliff:

Bongos Ikwue is a legend in his own right!

1 Like

Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by fr3do(m): 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
Amen, amen
Help me sing it
Amen
Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by Felyyaks(f): 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
Happy birthday
Re: Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 by ishowleck: 4:03pm On Jun 09, 2020
Good Afternoon Nairalander,
Pls i'm working on a project that require me to get an influencer from kano and kaduna who can help us advocate to people on their social media platform. The project is to empower the youths especially women and youths in agriculture with entrepreneurship skills and support system. The program is free and it will be held via online platform.

Pls anyone with an information on which celebrity we can use should help me with it.

Thank you Fam.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Okoye (Psquare) Newly Launched Aphro Spirit Appears In A Foreign Magazine / Funny Pics: Banky W In His Old Age (80 Years): Lol / Check Out Genevieve's New Pix With A Charming Smile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.