Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:31 AM

Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting (43072 Views)

Girls Who Dress In Sexy Cloths Are Askn 2 Be Raped “don't Rape, Don’t Get Raped“ / Indonesian Court Sentences A Convicted Serial Rapist To Chemical Castration / Woman Arraigned For Stabbing Rapist To Death In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by junnyjake(m): 6:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
Denique:
The headline is misleadingundecided

I was going to bash him until I read his post. Although, he tried to water down his writeup but he made a somewhat valid point...

Nonetheless, he's totally wrong to call a rape victim a gold digger...has any victim come out to seek for compensation of any kind other than ask their rapists to own up, apologise and turn a new leaf?

SM has made a lot of us more aware and brave, so don't blame a rape victim of a century ago for speaking out now. People heal differently!

To some, speaking out immediately after the act is like facing the monster all over again...You don't want that now, do you?

Our legal system is what needs an upgrade or maybe an overhaul sef undecided

Most Americans speak out years later and still get justice...without any physical evidence!

All we seek is Justice!!

And if you don't want a call out after you blow like bomb, then behave undecided

The bolded is what you want replicated in our legal system?

Do you know how many innocent male college students lost their education under Joe Biden's title ix provision? These young men were never given an avenue to defend themselves.

So long a woman accuses you of rape, you're done.

Nothing should ever take the place of witnesses cross examination, fair investigation, and determination of the viability of evidence presented before the court.

I believe the status of limitation should remain in place.

4 Likes

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by Ladipamela(f): 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]
absolutely right... even though there's a form of stigmatization attached to it but it's better you speak up earlier and hope for justice
Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by GMBuhari: 6:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
donaldking10:
tell them gold diggers like them Dakolos family.

If she was indeed raped

Then i hope you, or your child experience the same fate
If she's a gold digger you won't experience it

2 Likes

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by Papi003(m): 6:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
Confirm.

1 Like

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by ajbf: 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
ityP:

Well, for those who wait years before saying anything, how many accused have gone to jail? Pastor Fatoyinbo is NEVER gonna go to jail for rape. He and others would evade justice and the victim would be scarred for life. False accusations no dey harm anyone. Encourage victims to speak out early, it helps to put these beasts behind jail for good

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by tevinsolt: 6:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
ityP:

Technology won't help a rape case of 10 years ago though. Forensic science, DNA analysis and all only help those who take advantage of these early. I understand the keeping mute because of stigma. But any who keeps mute should keep at the back of her/his mind that speaking years after won't get them justice. The only thing it will get them is sympathy and few hours fame

I disagree with the first part of your statement.
dependent on how well the evidence is preserved .... the DNA of the culprit can be detected.

How long does DNA evidence last?
about 6.8 million years
That means that, under ideal conditions, DNA would last about 6.8 million years, after which all the bonds would be broken. But DNA would not be readable after about 1.5 million years, the researchers said. The oldest DNA recorded was found in Greenland ice, and estimated to be between 450,000 and 800,000 years old

Yes, but the earlier you speak up the better.
Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by stanliwise(m): 7:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
donaldking10:
tell them gold diggers like them Dakolos family.
Its just clear people like you were not born with sense.

2 Likes

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by NaijadrivaCars: 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
Shellsploit:
Well said!
Why would u rape when u can easily do soapy with xvi**********

Data is cheap sef.

Where is naijadrivacars sef

cheesy
Why do soapy or rape when sex is N500? cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by Codedworld1: 7:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
I don't expect you to understand how hopeless it feels to be a rape victim in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by EngineerOloye: 7:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
So he's mad because he has a contrary opinion, or because he runs a club?
Sterope:
This one is clearly mad! Coming from a club owner in Nigeria, I won't be surprised if he is one of them.
Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by AsawanaDgreat: 7:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
Well said my Chief priest
Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by Sterope(f): 7:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
Your definition of contrary opinion is ignorance, victim-blaming, and solidarity with rapists. Wawu!

EngineerOloye:
So he's mad because he has a contrary opinion, or because he runs a club?[Qquote author=Sterope post=90411670]This one is clearly mad! Coming from a club owner in Nigeria, I won't be surprised if he is one of them.

1 Like

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by pansophist(m): 7:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
Gracealone:
Probably that's when people would listen more.

Anyone that believes he has a future should steer clear from rape.

What if the person didn't become famous?

2 Likes

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by anonymous1759(m): 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
salford1:

I thought I was the only one seeing otherwise. grin

Walahi. following some Nigerian news and posts can make one's IQ reduce by some digits grin

The amount of likes on the instagram posts really tells about the collective reasoning of Nigerians and the state of the Nation. Imagine an American or British celebrity posting such. Im career don done be dat cheesy

Bloody buttlicker always interested of what the U.K. And US will say. You need to understand we run a different society rubbish
Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by Vyzz: 7:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
I said this early and nobody cared
U guys just blasted me
Some called me names

Now this guy has said it, because he has money everybody is now shouting

. "He has a point" "Sense" "wisdom"

I will get money this year not even corona can stop me
Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by Vyzz: 7:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
I said this early and nobody cared
U guys just blasted me
Some called me names

Now this guy has said it, because he has money everybody is now shouting

. "He has a point" "Sense" "wisdom"

I will get money this year not even corona can stop me
Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
pansophist:

What if the person didn't become famous?

The fact is that your success would always irritate your victim, when others begin to give you the respect they believe you don't deserve.
If a victim never hears anything about the rapist, he or she might not be agitated as such.
Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by pansophist(m): 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2020
Gracealone:

The fact is that your success would always irritate your victim, when others begin to give you the respect they believe you don't deserve.
If a victim never hears anything about the rapist, he or she might not be agitated as such.

True, though, the victim is facing a tougher road ahead, as famous people have the money, connection, and public support. Also, people are becoming distrusting to accusers, as they are seen as gold diggers trying to cash out. The best is when it happens, not years later down the road.

5 Likes

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by GIdiata(m): 7:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
Gracealone:

Anyone that believes he has a future should steer clear of rape.

so if the person doesn't get rich and famous he/she is free abi? see your life?
keep waiting for Someone who raped you to get Rich before reporting.

how many rich and famous people justice dey Catch? na here we dey polithiefians dey do watin der like.

keep waiting odeh.

1 Like

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by anonymous1759(m): 7:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
yeyeosoronga:
When Busola Dakolo spoke out years ago as a young girl after her rape, nobody listened.
She grew and became a woman, and so did her alleged abuser grow and become a popular man.
She blew the whistle on him, and the world listened.
Many didn't care if the perpetrator was a nobody and the victim a minor. We always seem to overlook children who are sexually abused.
When they grow older, wiser with experience under their arm, and make their accusations they are believed more and can actually make people listen.
As the perpetrators are getting richer, their victims too are getting richer with more access to help/information

I wish same punishment for rape offenders will be given to rape false accusers that's the only way to strike a balance most girls consent to sex and later change the narrative to hurt the guy in the future .

busola should allow us hear word how can someone rape you More than once without force ? And you still associate yourself with that person? You need extra attention to penetrate a girl from behind with consent talk less of raping you on top of the bonnet without consent.

Any of my daughters who have sex without force or influenced by drugs @ 16 I'll consider consented sex period. Naturally girls in high schools @16 looks forward in having a relationship with guys who're don't with secondary school and tomorrow such girl will open her mouth and accuse someone of rape.

I stand against rape from the ages of zero to 14 yrs . From 15 I'll ask questions and evaluate the situation if it's done by force or influence of drugs.

1 Like

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by adebaks(m): 7:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
Denique:

I was going to bash him until I read his post. Although, he tried to water down his writeup but he made a somewhat valid point...

Nonetheless, he's totally wrong to call a rape victim a gold digger...has any victim come out to seek for compensation of any kind other than ask their rapists to own up, apologise and turn a new leaf?

SM has made a lot of us more aware and brave, so don't blame a rape victim of a century ago for speaking out now. People heal differently!

To some, speaking out immediately after the act is like facing the monster all over again...You don't want that now, do you?

Most Americans speak out years later and still get justice...without any physical evidence!

All we seek is Justice!!

And if you don't want a call out after you blow like bomb, then behave undecided
Defamation of character is enough payment
Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by ityP(m): 7:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
tevinsolt:

I disagree with the first part of your statement.
dependent on how well the evidence is preserved .... the DNA of the culprit can be detected.

How long does DNA evidence last?
about 6.8 million years
That means that, under ideal conditions, DNA would last about 6.8 million years, after which all the bonds would be broken. But DNA would not be readable after about 1.5 million years, the researchers said. The oldest DNA recorded was found in Greenland ice, and estimated to be between 450,000 and 800,000 years old

Yes, but the earlier you speak up the better.

If she didn't go to a lab to get DNA tests and semen analysis done immediately after the rape was done, years later, it is useless

1 Like

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by ityP(m): 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
[quote author=ajbf post=90416321][/quote]

This isn't naija. How many of the guys that were accused of rape on social media made it to jail? If a lady wants true justice, reporting early is her only hope
Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by FunkyJustice(m): 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ma hommie always on point!

Most female don't think rational they are always emotional,life don't happen as such, things don't work like that.

Nobody is gonna take your words alone against another without evidence,it's as simple as that.

Say no to rape.

1 Like

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by teepain: 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
Gracealone:

Anyone that believes he has a future should steer clear of rape.

It is as simple as you stated.
Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by hackerfathers: 8:06pm On Jun 07, 2020
Sterope:
This one is clearly mad! Coming from a club owner in Nigeria, I won't be surprised if he is one of them.
It's sad you so dull ,you can't see the message he's trying to pass across
Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by Unrated900(m): 8:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
Shellsploit:
Well said!
Why would u rape when u can easily do soapy with xvi**********

Data is cheap sef.

Where is naijadrivacars sef

Chai you must be a pioneer of xvideos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by anonymous1759(m): 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
ModestGal:

He would be definitely or an apologist, see how Nairalanders are supporting him, this shows how much rapist we have in Nigeria and rapist apologists. And how the society support rape.
If a girl is raped, she has all the right to speak up whenever she feels comfortable, speaking up is not easy for victims depending on their age, friends, confidence, parents or the abuser, there's usually fear, confusion, depression on victims. We are in the process of teaching girls to be able to speak up by supporting them and giving them confidence.
Most of these people speaking up now is because they are grown and matured enough that they already feel so loved and they know they have nothing to loose, and they do not fear people that would judge them. For instance, Busola is already in a happy marriage, maybe well loved by her husband, she has discussed with her husband abs she trust him, she cant be compared with a young lady of 20years old from a judgy parents and who lives with people like Nairaland rape apologist monsters, and with friends who would laugh off her like the girls on this thread, with a jealous boyfriend who would call her a harlot immediately.

And when I see female rape apologist, I just smiled and understand na them'' useless females that are even the ones that would make jest of a raped friend, they are the one that have decided to be slaves for their boyfriend and when their friends refuses to be used like a slave, they mock her. This morning, I was still talking to a woman that turned herself to a slave, shes constantly being beaten and maltreated, and she was abusing another lady for not enduring maltreatment saying all men are thesame that whoever she marries would still beat her even more than her prior husband, and thus she's at fault for not enduring.
Sometimes I cry for Nairalanders, people of this mindset are the reasons we have high rape in the country and the reason Africa is backward in everything because their thinking is backward

Your post is be clouded with emotions and it's shallow you feel because busola is married with kids therefore she might be right because putting your family on the Line to accuse a powerful man is dangerous the risk she took out weighs any other thing funny most people supporting Busola always use that line.

It's very difficult to rape a 17 yr old girl more than once without force or use of drugs. She consented period. That's what most girls do at that age they want to date older guys and use it to rub guys of their age that they're not on the same league and will scream rape later I'm waiting for any of my high school female mates to dare accuse anyone of rape I know how they were throwing themselves at older guys for free. I stand against real rape cases not this busola cock and bull story.

4 Likes

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by DMerciful(m): 8:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
How do you know they get justice? Because they won the case? He accused could have had sex but not rape and get convicted by the cries of a liar
Denique:

All we seek is Justice!!

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by salford1: 8:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
anonymous1759:

[s]Bloody buttlicker always interested of what the U.K. And US will say. You need to understand we run a different society rubbish[/s]
STFU! you bloody rape apologist.
Have you checked what your country look like? Does it look normal to you? You lots need to be recolonized. grin

"Society", is that a joke? What meaningful country would like to use your so called society as a standard benchmark? Every fabric of the Nigerian society is a mess because the citizens are used to abnormalities.

Sometimes I just can't but agree with Nnamdi Kanu when he calls Nigeria a zoo.

4 Likes

Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by LINTUNE(m): 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
Sterope:
smh...what did he do wrong now, is he not saying the bitter truth here?, didn't u read the part were he said such gals are endangering other gals lifes cos the rapist will go on a raping spree within those years of delay...y u gals so selfish in ur taughts
Re: Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting by Sarang(f): 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
DonBenny77:

And you are a fooler
grin

angry sad angry
Who is laffing with you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Housewife Battered, Thrown Inside Well By Man Who Refused To Pay 3k After Sex / Ritualist And Cannibalized Shrine Discovered In Ogun / ‘I Saw Big Men Come For Body Parts In Kidnapper’s Den’ (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.