Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Why I Speak Strongly Against The Lies Of Men And Church Deceptions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Speak Strongly Against The Lies Of Men And Church Deceptions (184 Views)

Masquerade Dances With Pastors And Church Members In Church (Photos, Video) / Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church / Deconstructing The Lies & Myth of Consensual Adult Homosexuality/Same Sex Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Speak Strongly Against The Lies Of Men And Church Deceptions by davidinchrist(m): 10:35am On Jun 07, 2020
It's simply because Jesus himself stressed that "deception" (RELIGIOUS LIES) would be THE MAJOR SIGN just before his Second Coming, and END of the World.

Here was the FIRST thing He mentioned after the disciples asked him about that:

Matthew 24:4 KJV
And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that NO MAN DECEIVE you.

NO MAN means including the person whose article you're reading right now!

The problem is we commit or trust in Religious Men and Church founders TOO MUCH. Unlike people of old like the Berean Christians, they couldn't be fooled by WOLVES in Sheep's Clothing. (See how they dealt with Paul and others in Act 17:11).

We say, "Oh, he speaks so nicely." (So, the devil can't speak MORE nicely?)

"Wow, what a GREAT power to work Signs and Wonders, the Bible knowledge, Prophetic gifts, etc he has!" (As if the devil and his demons do not have CORRECT Bible Knowledge; can't work signs and wonders; ETC).

After I got light on all these, now before I consider a person as a real Man of God, I don't just look at his beautifully GROOMED Sheep's Clothing of Correct Bible knowledge or Doctrines, but to check his FRUITS COMPARE to Jesus' or that of people like Paul.

I want to know if he majors on the Cross of Jesus, discipleship, if not, then I know he's most likely after Popularity and to Make MONEY by preaching a WATERED-DOWN gospel (half truth): using the SHEEP'S CLOTHING (correct doctrine):

Phil.3.18 NLT- For I have TOLD you often BEFORE, and I say it AGAIN WITH TEARS in my Eyes, that there are MANY whose conduct SHOWS they are REALLY ENEMIES of the CROSS of Christ.

I know he is a TRUE Man of God or FOLLOWER of Jesus like Paul when he majors on the New Covenant life of Jesus, without being concerned whether people might be OFFENDED and LEAVE or not (John 6:66). And even if he uses the old testament part of the Bible, he does with the SPIRIT or LIGHT of the NEW, not going back to the OLD:

2Cor.3.6 - He is the one who has ENABLED us to represent his NEW COVENANT. This is a covenant, NOT of written LAWS, but of the Spirit. The OLD WAY ENDS in death; in the NEW WAY, the Holy Spirit GIVES life.

Right, it's very dangerous to NOT seek and know God personally through the scriptures, but trust in ONE Holy or Powerful Man. And Even if he is REAL (not after Money and Popularity), our mere connection or loyalty to him or his Church CANNOT SAVE US either.

Just like the Pharisees and Sadducees would say to John the baptist or Jesus, "We have ABRAHAM as our FATHER".

We should NOT foolishly follow that, and say we have Pastor/Prophet/Bishop/Rev. "So and So" as OUR FATHER:

Matt.3.9 - and DO NOT think to say to yourselves, "We have Abraham as OUR FATHER.' For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones.

Moreover, let's NEVER forget what Jesus said about what will happen to Many Religious Men in the End:

Matthew 7:22-23 KJV
MANY will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not PROPHESIED in thy name? and in thy name have CAST OUT devils? and in thy name done MANY WONDERFUL WORKS?

[23] And THEN WILL I PROFESS unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: DEPART from me, ye that work "INIQUITY".

Yes, you did MANY wonderful works in Jesus name, but you lived in Sins: especially sins of the Love of Money and Popularity, like Balaam the Prophet:

Jude.1.11 - Woe to them! For they have gone in the way of Cain, HAVE RUN GREEDILY in the ERROR of Balaam FOR PROFIT, and perished in the rebellion of Korah.

It's time to Wake Up, and examine ourselves: to judge our own selves.

Are we truly following Jesus or just having a form of Godliness? 2 Tim. Chap 3

Are we truly in the New Covenant, or we've been FOOLED because we love the World, and think Pastors and Church founders are MORE IMPORTANT than the Bible and the Holy Spirit? (Please see Act 17:11)

Nobody can give us a free ticket to heaven; no one else has seen God the Father, but Jesus.

Trust ONLY in Him:

Numbers 23:19 KJV
God IS NOT a Man, that he should LIE...

Romans 3:4 KJV
... yea, let God be TRUE, but Every Man a LIAR; as it is written...

FINALLY:
Matt.7.13 - "Enter by the narrow gate...

Matt.7.14 - Because NARROW is the gate and DIFFICULT is the way which leads to life, and there are FEW who FIND IT.

BUT YOU MUST:
Matt.7.15 - "Beware of FALSE PROPHETS, who come to you in SHEEP'S CLOTHING, but "inwardly" they are RAVENOUS WOLVES. (To BITE your Money and Attention)

1Pet.4.18 - And If "the righteous" is SCARCELY SAVED, what will become of the UNGODLY and the SINNER?"

May Jesus Bless You.
Re: Why I Speak Strongly Against The Lies Of Men And Church Deceptions by davidinchrist(m): 7:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
2 Timothy 4:2 KJV
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

(1) (Reply)

No Punishment Is Too Severe For A Rapist - Pastor Adeboye / What Is The Key To A Happy Family Life / Is The Heavenly Quran Devoid Of Mistakes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.