Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:58 PM

Refuse Takes Over Streets In Surulere Lagos After Heavy Rainfall - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Refuse Takes Over Streets In Surulere Lagos After Heavy Rainfall (946 Views)

Davido's Fans Visit Wizkid's Childhood Home In Surulere, Lagos (Video) / Xenophobia: Nigerians Take Over Streets In South Africa Wielding Weapons, Threat / KEEP CLEAN FOUNDATION Defies Heavy Rainfall To Clean Abuja Street Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Refuse Takes Over Streets In Surulere Lagos After Heavy Rainfall by StagethemTVee: 11:39am On Jun 07, 2020
It is a sorry sight this morning on various streets in Surulere as refuse and dirts thrown in drainage by residents have taken over the streets.

Lalasticlala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uJTe2sicEY
Re: Refuse Takes Over Streets In Surulere Lagos After Heavy Rainfall by StagethemTVee: 11:40am On Jun 07, 2020
Lagos Sanwoolu..come and see
Re: Refuse Takes Over Streets In Surulere Lagos After Heavy Rainfall by meum: 11:42am On Jun 07, 2020
I guess it's part of the Mega city plan.
Re: Refuse Takes Over Streets In Surulere Lagos After Heavy Rainfall by oluwadabira111(m): 11:45am On Jun 07, 2020
The greatest/dirtiest city in Nigeria cheesy
Re: Refuse Takes Over Streets In Surulere Lagos After Heavy Rainfall by yomi007k(m): 11:47am On Jun 07, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Lagos Sanwoolu..come and see

grin
Is it Sanwo Olu that made the dirts?

We need to start being responsible for our actions. We have wrong attitude towards sanitation and beliebe that it is the government's responsibility.
Re: Refuse Takes Over Streets In Surulere Lagos After Heavy Rainfall by StagethemTVee: 11:50am On Jun 07, 2020
He is the leader, he should set up serious institutions to make people responsible for their actions or inactions.
yomi007k:

grin
Is it Sanwo Olu that made the dirts?

We need to start being responsible for our actions. We have wrong attitude towards sanitation and beliebe that it is the government's responsibility.

Re: Refuse Takes Over Streets In Surulere Lagos After Heavy Rainfall by yomi007k(m): 11:57am On Jun 07, 2020
StagethemTVee:
He is the leader, he should set up serious institutions to make people responsible for their actions or inactions.

Before he came in , we have had this non-challant attitude.
We need to change our mindset by ourselves and not wait for any leader to set up anything for us. People unconsciously drop nylons of everything as they walk by, we need to be reminded.

The role of the government is minimal. The role of the people is maximal. The people are the governement.
Re: Refuse Takes Over Streets In Surulere Lagos After Heavy Rainfall by StagethemTVee: 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
I agree with you as regards the direction but waiting for the people to take actions without guiding institutions and regulations to enforce laws and make the law enforcers also answerable to the law is why this is happening
yomi007k:

Before he came in , we have had this non-challant attitude.
We need to change our mindset by ourselves and not wait for any leader to set up anything for us. People unconsciously drop nylons of everything as they walk by, we need to be reminded.

The role of the government is minimal. The role of the people is maximal. The people are the governement.
Re: Refuse Takes Over Streets In Surulere Lagos After Heavy Rainfall by Freestainworld(m): 12:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
So Aba have sisters all over the country
Re: Refuse Takes Over Streets In Surulere Lagos After Heavy Rainfall by yomi007k(m): 12:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
StagethemTVee:
I agree with you as regards the direction but waiting for the people to take actions without guiding institutions and regulations to enforce laws and make the law enforcers also answerable to the law is why this is happening

Does government interfere with the sanitation practices in estates? NO.

This is because the people there come together in order to make their envoronment habitable.
If people take charge of their streets,each landlord takes charge of the house, each individual takes charge of himself, I can assure you that it will very easy for the governemt to come it.

Enviromental sanitation is a daily/ weekly exercise. It is serious business to make sure your environment is clean. People think its a joke. I am just luckly to have sensible neighbours and a hardworking malam, if not , no be beans oo.
Re: Refuse Takes Over Streets In Surulere Lagos After Heavy Rainfall by StagethemTVee: 12:20pm On Jun 07, 2020
Actually they did interfere using institutions. One of such was the enforcement of lawma trucks as the only means of disposing refuse instead of the individual mini carts we were used to. They can repeat the same in areas where there are challenges and get better results. When you make promises, keep them. One of the high points of the new governor was keeping Lagos clean. No excuses bro.

yomi007k:

Does government interfere with the sanitation practices in estates? NO.

This is because the people there come together in order to make their envoronment habitable.
If people take charge of their streets,each landlord takes charge of the house, each individual takes charge of himself, I can assure you that it will very easy for the governemt to come it.

Enviromental sanitation is a daily/ weekly exercise. It is serious business to make sure your environment is clean. People think its a joke. I am just luckly to have sensible neighbours and a hardworking malam, if not , no be beans oo.
Re: Refuse Takes Over Streets In Surulere Lagos After Heavy Rainfall by yomi007k(m): 12:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Actually they did interfere using institutions. One of such was the enforcement of lawma trucks as the only means of disposing refuse instead of the individual mini carts we were used to. They can repeat the same in areas where there are challenges and get better results. When you make promises, keep them. One of the high points of the new governor was keeping Lagos clean. No excuses bro.

I agree.

But looking at the above picture, it could have been prevented if the people did some sanitation practices by themselves. Cart pushers still work in lagos state.

Before the rain some neighbours and I made sure our drainage was cleared up till the extent of packing out sands from them. Is that also governemt responsibility? If you dont pack out ur gutters and package ur trash properly, you thi k LAWMA will do that for you?

I am not against your point but we as individuals have what it takes, we just don't want to do it.
Re: Refuse Takes Over Streets In Surulere Lagos After Heavy Rainfall by StagethemTVee: 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
Eko o ni baje o

(1) (Reply)

Hushpuppi Is Gay And His Partner Is Woodberry - Kemi Olunloyo / Kiddwaya Dumps Erica For Nengi, Erica Cries On Live TV / “I Have No House Sleep Or Live”, Veteran Actor, Chief Kanran Sheds Hot Tears As

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.