Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? (773 Views)

Little Girl Rescued From Pedophile That Sexually Harasses Her In Lagos (Video) / "I Prefer Little Girls To Satisfy My Urge" - Arrested 25 Year Old Pedophile / U.S. Pedophile Doctor Disgraced, Sentenced To 235 Years Imprisonment(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by chrisxxx(m): 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
I stay with a niece. I realize the movement of my niece outside the home in recent times have been suspicious. With my wife we started to interrogate her and she made some confessions that a grownup man in same compound had been fondly her.
The problem now is how do I approach this?
Police would need nailing evidence from me since it was just a confession from my niece.
My niece is 13. The man is more than 40.
Advice please.
Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by yomi007k(m): 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
If you need evidence.

Set him up.
Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by chrisxxx(m): 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2020
yomi007k:
If you need evidence.

Set him up.
That's true. Though how to go about it. It is a bit complex. Wouldn't I need police at this stage?
Do I need to make an entry first?
Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by Vyzz: 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
Approach with caution
U might blown this up
Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by DaHrNn0001: 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
I'm not sure if you need further evidence before you take action... You need to first confront him in the presence your niece and probably a neighbor or landlord to get facts out of him and if he dares try to make any denial,report him to the police and am sure her confession is enough to convict him
Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by yomi007k(m): 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
chrisxxx:

That's true. Though how to go about it. It is a bit complex. Wouldn't I need police at this stage?
Do I need to make an entry first?

Im not a pro in this field.
I think you can discuss with a lawyer.
I really wish success in the case.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by chrisxxx(m): 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
DaHrNn0001:
I'm not sure if you need further evidence before you take action... You need to first confront him in the presence your niece and probably a neighbor or landlord to get facts out of him and if he dares try to make any denial,report him to the police and am sure her confession is enough to convict him
I am reasoning this. I think this is my probable best approach now until someone gives a counter
Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by stacyadams: 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
chrisxxx:

I am reasoning this. I think this is my probable best approach now until someone gives a counter

Apart from ur niece word of mouth,,try get concrete evidence....otherwise d man will deny it and nothing will happen

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by chrisxxx(m): 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
stacyadams:

Apart from ur niece word of mouth,,try get concrete evidence....otherwise d man will deny it and nothing will happen
This is my fear.
I like hitting my target hard enough to sink them into the ground such that I will live in no fear of reprissal.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by stacyadams: 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2020
chrisxxx:

This is my fear.
I like hitting my target hard enough to sink them into the ground such that I will live in no fear of reprissal.

Just try ur best get evidence,,,
Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by PeacenLove2: 5:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
He will most likely deny it and maybe make you look like a fool.

However, make sure your niece is protected so the abuse does not continue.

You could consult with people in the line of gender violence, State-run or NGOs. They may have means of tackling issues like this.

It is rather very sad that we have people like this amongst us. Too many mad animals parading as human beings.
Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by DaHrNn0001: 5:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
chrisxxx:

I just feel its best before escalating anything considering the psychological effect on your niece... I'm sure if the girl confirms it in his presence,he would own up and it gives him a scare for anything further but try and make sure your niece is out of the house with proper guidance before he rapes her cus you can't trust him

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by chrisxxx(m): 5:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
DaHrNn0001:

I just feel its best before escalating anything considering the psychological effect on your niece... I'm sure if the girl confirms it in his presence,he would own up and it gives him a scare for anything further but try and make sure your niece is out of the house with proper guidance before he rapes her cus you can't trust him
Thanks
Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by Ningen(m): 5:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
What are your options right now?

You can confront him without any plan in mind and watch him deny it all & wriggle his way out.

OR

You get a lawyer, and together, talk to a POLICE. If you want to pin him down, you have to do this.

Know your legal options and together with the police, you can take a decision. Either to use her as a bait and catch him in the act or ganer video and pictorial evidence. Please keep us updated.
Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by chrisxxx(m): 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ningen:
What are your options right now?

You can confront him without any plan in mind and watch him deny it all & wriggle his way out.

OR

You get a lawyer, and together, talk to a POLICE. If you want to pin him down, you have to do this.

Know your legal options and together with the police, you can take a decision. Either to use her as a bait and catch him in the act or ganer video and pictorial evidence. Please keep us updated.

I will do.
Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by illicit(m): 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
Your niece might fall your hand o if u don't have concrete evidence, have you ever thought that she might be guilty and want to cover up, so she can deny anything blatantly at any stage.
She might even rope you.

Be careful.

Record her confession first without her awareness in the presence of a witness.
Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by chrisxxx(m): 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
illicit:
Your niece might fall your hand o I u don't have concrete evidence, do you ever thought that she might be guilty and want to cover up, so she can deny anything blatantly at may stage.
She might even rope you.

Be careful.

Good

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by IvarDboneless: 4:59am On Jun 08, 2020
Give your niece a smart phone and let them start chatting either by texting or social media..that way you go nail am with 10inches..no even try confront am with just a mere confession from your nieces mouth you will regret it and look like a fool.. you want to get a dog you toss it a bone...
Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by Xisnin(m): 7:32am On Jun 08, 2020
illicit:
Your niece might fall your hand o if u don't have concrete evidence, have you ever thought that she might be guilty and want to cover up, so she can deny anything blatantly at any stage.
She might even rope you.

Be careful.

Stop supporting a rapist.
She is not guilty of anything under any condition.
Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by Xisnin(m): 7:33am On Jun 08, 2020
You don't need any evidence.
There are several options to tackle the guy including public shaming.
Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by chrisxxx(m): 12:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
Xisnin:
You don't need any evidence.
There are several options to tackle the guy including public shaming.
U can share.
Re: How Do I Tackle A Pedophile? by illicit(m): 12:07am On Jun 09, 2020
Xisnin:
Stop supporting a rapist. She is not guilty of anything under any condition.
forget o.
Some children of nowadays know past u as adult self

(1) (Reply)

Girl Loses Internship Job At NASA Due To Uncouth Behaviour / Man Caught In A Supermarket With Stolen Items Around His Waist (photos) / Video Of The Lady Shot In The Mouth By His Police Boyfriend Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.