Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

My People Fear Xiaomi Oh - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My People Fear Xiaomi Oh (5881 Views)

Don't Look And Pass Oh, You May Need This Information / My People Be Careful Of Xiaomi Marketers / DSS: Fear Of Buying Re-allocated SIM Grips Mobile Subscribers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by DarkJeddi(m): 11:01am On Jun 08, 2020
Vaultoflagos:

What do you know?

I contributed to the movement of the thread

Its filled with 99 percent bullying, abuse and other inconsequentials
Why don't you go and contribute to the movement of the Infinix thread?
It would definitely appreciate your expert touch.. grin

2 Likes

Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by DarkJeddi(m): 11:04am On Jun 08, 2020
ProfAmaben:
I'm using an infinix note 5, for over 2 years of use and it falling inside water, falling etc, I have never repaired this phone for whatever reason.

Infinix is a very good phone, xiaomi is good too and no xiaomi user should go about bashing Transsion as if their country produces pencil
Infinix may be good but Xiaomi is definitely better..
And that is the truth of the matter.. undecided
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by ProfAmaben(m): 11:11am On Jun 08, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Infinix may be good but Xiaomi is definitely better..
And that is the truth of the matter.. undecided
Depends on your definition of better, to me better means reliable which infinix is, I've never repaired my infinix phone, I mean for over 5yrs now as an infinix user
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by DarkJeddi(m): 11:17am On Jun 08, 2020
Vaultoflagos:

Xiaomi is not good at all

3 things to run away from when using Xiaomi device

1 water
2 Update
3 Excesive Usage

These things will make you a constant customer of alieexpress
Says a man who has never used a Xiaomi device..

The nearest thing you know about Xioami phones is the Xiaomi thread..

You mean the Ugly inferior plasticky phones produced by Infinix are more water resistant?
Updates are bad for Xiaomi as opposed to no updates by Transsion?

I bought my Mi Max 3 on Android 8.1 and two years later it's on Android 10,faster than it has ever been since I bought it..
Can any Transsion device boast of that?

Lol at excessive usage..

You mean,Transsion's trademark Mediatek Helio A22 and Helio P22 are better than the latest Snapdragon and Mediateks being used on Xiaomi devices?

Never,repeat NEVER compare Xiaomi to Transsion..

One is a GLOBAL brand and the other is BACKYARD brand,hiding in Africa while churning out products that would not be certified for consumption in saner climes.. angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by Perfecttouch(m): 11:21am On Jun 08, 2020
Nwaotu10:
It's either hauwei or nothing else.
omo Iya MI
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by DarkJeddi(m): 11:23am On Jun 08, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Depends on your definition of better, to me better means reliable which infinix is, I've never repaired my infinix phone, I mean for over 5yrs now as an infinix user
Better does not need QUALIFICATIONS..

It is not a SUBJECTIVE DISCOURSE..

The SPECS and the SALES are there to prove it.

BETTER is BETTER..

Xiaomi is better than INFINIX AND CO.. shocked

So because Infinix serves you well,iPhones are not better?

1 Like

Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 08, 2020
Abeg where the main Xiaomi thread...
Planning to get one soon
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by Perfecttouch(m): 11:28am On Jun 08, 2020
Crownedjon:
lol xiaomi users don't need you,I use Samsung and my next device would be redmi Samsung is overrated to me
I don't use xioami nor any transsion device but this your statement is foolery on its own and you know.
Rating xioami over Samsung?
BTW I use huawei, we rule and we don't make noise.
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by ProfAmaben(m): 11:29am On Jun 08, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Better does not need QUALIFICATIONS..

It is not a SUBJECTIVE DISCOURSE..

The SPECS and the SALES are there to prove it.

BETTER is BETTER..

Xiaomi is better than INFINIX AND CO.. shocked

So because Infinix serves you well,iPhones are not better?
Like I said earlier, Xiaomi is good from what I've heard. I can't go around using 10 or 20 phones at a time. Infinix is very great and reliable and as a consumer, I would get their next release.
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by DarkJeddi(m): 11:32am On Jun 08, 2020
Perfecttouch:
I don't use xioami nor any transsion device but this your statement is foolery on its own and you know.
Rating xioami over Samsung?
BTW I use huawei, we rule and we don't make noise.
Samsung are undeniably on a different league to Xiaomi especially in the premium market..

But when it comes to budget devices and value for your money,that is Xiaomi's strong point.

They left Samsung and co trailing in India and many other countries and Samsung had to launch the M and A series to counter the runaway success of Xiaomi in the price bracket..

3 Likes

Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by DarkJeddi(m): 11:47am On Jun 08, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Like I said earlier, Xiaomi is good from what I've heard. I can't go around using 10 or 20 phones at a time. Infinix is very great and reliable and as a consumer, I would get their next release.
The issue with Transsion is that they are getting away with murder,because of ignorance on the part of the consumers and they need to be called out for it..

How can you explain buying a phone 100K+ with only HD+ screen resolution?

How can you condone the fact that in this day and age, no Transsion device even at 100K+
has come out with USB Type C..

Am not going to go into their false claims on their Camera Megapixels..

If people call them out..

Sometimes it's not due to hatred or opposing product Marketers but for the fact that they are exploiting the ignorance of their customers..

4 Likes

Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by StrongandMighty: 11:58am On Jun 08, 2020
DarkJeddi:
The issue with Transsion is that they are getting away with murder,because of ignorance on the part of the consumers and they need to be called out for it..

How can you condone the fact that in this day and age, no Transsion device even at 100K+

Sometimes it's not due to hatred or opposing product Marketers but for the fact that they are exploiting the ignorance of their customers..
wetin concern you? na you dey buy am for him? he told you his choice but you don't respect that, you want him to make your choice his own choice wtf?
oya buy xiaomi give am nah
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
All this boys and girls way day carry china made wan day form porche I just wonder how una go day feel like when una come buy iPhone or better Samsung smh smell hoes
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by DarkJeddi(m): 12:08pm On Jun 08, 2020
StrongandMighty:

wetin concern you? na you dey buy am for him? he told you his choice but you don't respect that, you want him to make your choice his own choice wtf?
oya buy xiaomi give am nah
It's like you dey mad?

Where did you see me insist that he should buy Xiaomi?

If you call pointing out the dishonesty of Transsion, not minding my business?

I and other informed Nigerians will continue to expose Transsion for their dishonesty until they adhere to world best practices..

You can continue to Wallow in Transsion fuckery,but other Customers deserve the right to make informed decisions about how to spend their money..

Now run along to the next available Carlcare Center.. angry

6 Likes

Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2020
skywalker240:
The name of the thread alone

and Transsion be like

grin

But when they read the post

How they reacted

grin
you ehn.
If techno marketers see u ehn dem go deal with u.
You don too spoil their market
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by StrongandMighty: 12:33pm On Jun 08, 2020
DarkJeddi:
It's like you dey mad?

Where did you see me insist that he should buy Xiaomi?

If you call pointing out the dishonesty of Transsion, not minding my business?

I and other informed Nigerians will continue to expose Transsion for their dishonesty until they adhere to world best practices..

You can continue to Wallow in Transsion fuckery,but other Customers deserve the right to make informed decisions about how to spend their money..

Now run along to the next available Carlcare Center.. angry
When I quoted you earlier I delibrately decided not to insult you not because I can't or because I don't know the insults to throw at you, but just because it's not necessary. I can make my point without insults, and I believe you can still do the same if you're really informed as you claimed to be.
no matter how faceless this forum is, try your very best to be civil while passing your views across.
To why I quoted you, someone has already made his choice about a particular product and even gave you reasons why he made the choice, but you didn't care, you're bent on forcing another product to his neck. you want him to go against his wish, you even went as far as calculating the amount he'll spend on purchasing his choice product in a bid to deter him from purchasing his desired product. who sent you, when you're not the one giving him money for the purchase? Make your point and go, let others see reasons for themselves. Don't force it on people, be civil!
Live and let's live!
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by DarkJeddi(m): 12:46pm On Jun 08, 2020
StrongandMighty:

When I quoted you earlier I delibrately decided not to insult you not because I can't or because I don't know the insults to throw at you, but just because it's not necessary. I can make my point without insults, and I believe you can still do the same if you're really informed as you claimed to be.
no matter how faceless this forum is, try your very best to be civil while passing your views across.
To why I quoted you, someone has already made his choice about a particular product and even gave you reasons why he made the choice, but you didn't care, you're bent on forcing another product to his neck. you want him to go against his wish, you even went as far as calculating the amount he'll spend on purchasing his choice product in a bid to deter him from purchasing his desired product. who sent you, when you're not the one giving him money for the purchase? Make your point and go, let others see reasons for themselves. Don't force it on people, be civil!
Live and let's live!
You didn't insult me? shocked

Maybe you should learn how not to be belligerent when addressing people,if you expect a civil discussion..

You don't have to call me a f00l for you to be insultive..

He made his choice and yes I was okay with it..

If you didn't fly off the handle, you would have noticed my last comment on his mention was a general jab on Transsion exploitation of Nigerians and not on him specifically..

You said I calculated the amount he was supposed to spend?

Go back and read my last comment on his mention..

I pointed out very clear ways Transsion are exploiting Nigerians for the money they are spending and that to you means am forcing him?

Like you said he has made his choice but that doesn't stop me from exposing some of the underhand specs Transsion slaps on their devices,for the benefit of others..
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by ProfAmaben(m): 1:25pm On Jun 08, 2020
DarkJeddi:
The issue with Transsion is that they are getting away with murder,[b]because of ignorance on the part of the consumers [/b]and they need to be called out for it..

I disagree. I started using GSM arena in 2006 to review phones, check out specifications such as gps, Glonass, geotagging, etc so you can't refer to me or us as ignorant consumers.
Do you think screen resolution is the best thing to happen to smartphones? In a country with unstable electricity, I guess consumers would prefer battery life over some stupid resolution that the eyes cannot decipher after 1080p. About USB ports, type C is good but any phone with fast charging would be pretty quick. My note 5 charges under 45mins and lasts all day. What else could I need from a phone? Got it at 54k 2 yrs back which is fair enough. Give me a xiaomi phone that would beat the note5 at 54k
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by chanseroo(m): 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2020
Earn $25 to sign up and do little task.
Click the link below. This has been paying me.
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by rapid101(m): 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2020
Fatbabyfart:

Transion that can't handle ordinary chrome, Facebook app and WhatsApp simultaneously without closing one app.

It is the 3 you mentioned that it can survive
ona too de lie abeg

Bleep wit nonsense u re doing
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by Chirowman(m): 2:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
one of the best Chinko phone
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by xtremecomedian(m): 2:22pm On Jun 08, 2020
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by EternalWisdom: 3:08pm On Jun 08, 2020
Learn how to start an e-commerce business for free.

Join our live training session on “How to start an e -commerce business “via zoom, with the CEO of Become Rich Africa this Thursday by 2pm (CAT).

This training is critical if you are looking to start an e-commerce business or if you already have one and looking to scale.

What to expect;
• The basics of e-commerce business.
• How to carve a niche for your e-commerce business.
• Customer acquisition tips and other e-commerce essentials.

To be a part of this training ,sign up for FREE on www.startev.africa to get the meeting ID & joining details.

Joining details will be available on www.startev.africa

Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by edoairways: 3:13pm On Jun 08, 2020
DarkJeddi:

Their customers are not complaining
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by credon: 4:27pm On Jun 08, 2020
edoairways:

Yes as per garbage in garbage out na
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by DarkJeddi(m): 4:29pm On Jun 08, 2020
edoairways:

They deserve the right to make an informed choice..
Preying on ignorance is morally reprehensible.. angry

1 Like

Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by seunfly: 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2020
grin grin grin
skywalker240:
The name of the thread alone

and Transsion be like

grin

But when they read the post

How they reacted

grin

1 Like

Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by DarkJeddi(m): 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
ProfAmaben:

I disagree. I started using GSM arena in 2006 to review phones, check out specifications such as gps, Glonass, geotagging, etc so you can't refer to me or us as ignorant consumers.
Do you think screen resolution is the best thing to happen to smartphones? In a country with unstable electricity, I guess consumers would prefer battery life over some stupid resolution that the eyes cannot decipher after 1080p. About USB ports, type C is good but any phone with fast charging would be pretty quick. My note 5 charges under 45mins and lasts all day. What else could I need from a phone? Got it at 54k 2 yrs back which is fair enough. Give me a xiaomi phone that would beat the note5 at 54k
For any price a Smart phone is priced,certain features and specifications are a given..

If you are familiar with Smartphones as you said,you would appreciate that..

Nothing stops them from giving said FHD+ Screen resolutions and massive battery capacity on a device,priced at a certain level..

FHD+ screens are not a luxury,the difference between it and HD+ screens are clear to the naked eye..

Samsung does it,Huawei and other big name brands does it..

So what is their excuse?

If you announce certain specs with your device,then the impression is that you want to cut costs..

If said cost cutting measures doesn't reflect on the final price of the phone,you are only trying to swindle your consumers and that is that..

You can't put mediocre specs on your device and charge an arm and a leg for it and your defense is that it saves battery life..

On the issue of USB Type C,your claim that Type B is sufficiently fast does not carry enough justification..

That's like claiming that your 3G only device has a sufficiently fast network,therefore you don't need a 4G phone..

USB Type C is the future,any phone at a particular price point that doesn't have it is swindling the Consumer..

I have no personal animosity towards Infinix,but that doesn't mean the truth shouldn't be said..

If you know all these and still decides to patronize them,good on you but others deserve the right to know the truth and make informed decisions..

Now coming back to your Note 5 that you bought 54K..

Do you really want us to go into better phones for the price? grin

Redmi Note 5.. shocked

3 Likes

Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by AsabaIjaww: 4:53pm On Jun 08, 2020
[s]
Ebenezer2O2O:
you ehn.
If techno marketers see u ehn dem go deal with u.
You don too spoil their market
[/s]
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by ProfAmaben(m): 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2020
DarkJeddi:
For any price a Smart phone is priced,certain features and specifications are a given..

If you are familiar with Smartphones as you said,you would appreciate that..

Nothing stops them from giving said FHD+ Screen resolutions and massive battery capacity on a device,priced at a certain level..

FHD+ screens are not a luxury,the difference between it and HD+ screens are clear to the naked eye..

Samsung does it,Huawei and other big name brands does it..

So what is their excuse?

If you announce certain specs with your device,then the impression is that you want to cut costs..

If said cost cutting measures doesn't reflect on the final price of the phone,you are only trying to swindle your consumers and that is that..

You can't put mediocre specs on your device and charge an arm and a leg for it and your defense is that it saves battery life..

On the issue of USB Type C,your claim that Type B is sufficiently fast does not carry enough justification..

That's like claiming that your 3G only device has a sufficiently fast network,therefore you don't need a 4G phone..

USB Type C is the future,any phone at a particular price point that doesn't have it is swindling the Consumer..

I have no personal animosity towards Infinix,but that doesn't mean the truth shouldn't be said..

If you know all these and still decides to patronize them,good on you but others have the right to know the truth and make informed decisions..

Now coming back to your Note 5 that you bought 54K..

Do you really want us to go into better phones for the price
? grin

Yes! That was in 2018 though, give me any phone with 3gb ram, 4000 mAh battery, accelerometer, magnetometer and gyroscope for VR headset, Android one, decent camera and FHD screen. I would appreciate it.
Re: My People Fear Xiaomi Oh by surely22: 4:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Lmao!

Entry Level Redmi 7a beats your device x10 over.
you know what? lookup the. price for yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nokia 5800: The Iphone Killer / Install Carbonrom V7.1 On Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Android 4.4.4 Kitkat [AOSP] / The Latest Airtel Vida M2 Mifi Reboots Itself And Discharges Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.