Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,817 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

How Cultists Prepared To Set Benin On Fire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Cultists Prepared To Set Benin On Fire (2654 Views)

Photos: Military prepared to take on massive aggressive APC supporters in Rivers / Tanker Explodes In Benin On Boxing Day , 13 Vehicles Burnt / Benin On Fire! Mosque Burnt, Tear Gas απϑ Fighting Going On Right Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Cultists Prepared To Set Benin On Fire by asha80(m): 5:20am On Jan 23, 2011
How cultists prepared to set Benin on fire
Just Human Jan 22, 2011

By Simon Ebegbulem[b]
At the last count 10 persons had been hacked to death in the war between the Eiye Confraternity and the in Benin.[/b]

Yet, the two sides were not alone. Determined to shed blood, one of the groups began mobilising its masses for a retaliatory attack on the other side. Firearms and other weapons were cheaply in place for distribution, when the Police, acting on a tip-off, pounced on them, arresting forty of them including one Kehinde Olotu described as a cult leader.

The suspected cultists on parade.

Parading the suspects before newsmen in Benin, the Edo State Police Commissioner, Mr. David Omojola said: “I have given my DPOs a marching order to arrest all persons suspected to be cultists. We cannot afford to fold our hands and watch our young ones kill them selves in the name of cultism”. Explaining how they were arrested, Commissioner Omojola said that “our men apprehended the first set at Okhoro while they were on retaliatory mission for the death of their member who was killed in Ewutubu area.

We arrested a boy that has injury on his legs, he confessed that Eiye people killed his brother and he must avenge the death of his brother. After we arrested him, we got information that they were gathering in Upper Sakpoba to launch another attack. It is a serious situation. The said they woke up to see one of their members killed by Eiye people, but what ever the situation might be no body has a right to take ones life”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/how-cultists-prepared-to-set-benin-on-fire/

Re: How Cultists Prepared To Set Benin On Fire by asha80(m): 5:22am On Jan 23, 2011
in this era of economic survival guys still get time for cult activities undecided i think say cult activities don dey wear off.
Re: How Cultists Prepared To Set Benin On Fire by KaluAkanu: 5:40am On Jan 23, 2011
I hear Benin City is ground zero for this cult activities. Sad but true.
Re: How Cultists Prepared To Set Benin On Fire by Vigilante: 6:12am On Jan 23, 2011
Students that started it are tired of it. These ones will only get tired if they kill themselves.
Re: How Cultists Prepared To Set Benin On Fire by stormm: 8:34am On Jan 23, 2011
Morons. Deluded dolts.
Re: How Cultists Prepared To Set Benin On Fire by maga1: 9:58am On Jan 23, 2011
Southern version of Boko haram. I wonder when these fo.ools will stop killing their brodas.
Re: How Cultists Prepared To Set Benin On Fire by snowdrops(m): 10:02am On Jan 23, 2011
the sad truth is that most of these children are uneducated and jobless and a product of the society. unscrupulous politicians have cashed in and armed them to rig elections and intimidate opponents. however the weapons are left in their possession after the elections with which they murder themselves.
Re: How Cultists Prepared To Set Benin On Fire by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 23, 2011
snowdrops:

the sad truth is that most of these children are uneducated and jobless and a product of the society. unscrupulous politicians have cashed in and armed them to rig elections and intimidate opponents. however the weapons are left in their possession after the elections with which they murder themselves.

How do you reconcile this with the fact that started from UNIBEN ? The real cultists are highly placed men in the society and they cut across different fields of discipline.
Re: How Cultists Prepared To Set Benin On Fire by KnowAll(m): 10:51am On Jan 23, 2011
[b]As long as u hav dire porvety in our society, cultist would fester and grow, they are the underbelly of our loopsided development. IN the name of attaining high school qualification both the sons of the haves and the have-nots mingle. The desparity in the wellbeing of this diffrent classes of people becomes more apparent in the way and manner each person carries himself. The rich or upper midle class stand-out like a sore thumb, the lower classes are the majority.

Amongst those deprive poor students or what I term lower class students,  the street-wise amongst them band together in an effort to confront their predicament to the benefit of themselves and their peers. What u now have is this cacaphony of un-ruly, rough necks who cannot hold down a converstion with a lady, dating the most beautiful women on campus, the reason being they operate like a mafia but more like a pack of wolfs threatning the rich and upper class student with total destruction and annihilation if they do not hangs off any business they have set their greedy eyes on.  

This was the case way back in the early 80's when I was doing H'Level in Ondo State. I remember some boys from Warri who banded together with the sole aim of getting whatever they wanted.  Any man intrested in a beautiful woman would be warned to stir clear of her or face arms way. It worked like magic for these ruffians from Warri then. Ugly looking guys pulling the tightest girls on campus, I believe this was the genesis of the present day cult. "Chancing" was common and prevalent in those days, "chancing" is when for instance,  u are putting on a nice pair of shoes, and one of these band of brothers likes it,  he tells u to remove it, which in a way is robbery through the backdoor.

Over the years they have graduated from the small skirmishes within the campus to bigger things. Today they go on robbery and killing runs, prostitution , and thuggery for their political God Fathers.[/b]Cultism has come home to roost and it would always be part of our campus heritage wehther we like it or not, but one thing can change thus, as the economy improves cultism would wear a new look like how it was intended when the Soyinka's of this world started it in the mid 1950's at the University of Ibadan, it was an institution formed to criticise in no small measures the colonial goverment at the time.
Re: How Cultists Prepared To Set Benin On Fire by marcus1234: 10:59am On Jan 23, 2011
Re: How Cultists Prepared To Set Benin On Fire by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 23, 2011
KnowAll:

[b]As long as u hav dire porvety in our society, cultist would fester and grow, they are the underbelly of our loopsided development. IN the name of attaining high school qualification both the sons of the haves and the have-nots mingle. The desparity in the wellbeing of this diffrent classes of people becomes more apparent in the way and manner each person carries himself. The rich or upper midle class stand-out like a sore thumb, the lower classes are the majority.

Amongst those deprive poor students or what I term lower class students, the street-wise amongst them band together in an effort to confront their predicament to the benefit of themselves and their peers. What u now have is this cacaphony of un-ruly, rough necks who cannot hold down a converstion with a lady, dating the most beautiful women on campus, the reason being they operate like a mafia but more like a pack of wolfs threatning the rich and upper class student with total destruction and annihilation if they do not hangs off any business they have set their greedy eyes on.

This was the case way back in the early 80's when I was doing H'Level in Ondo State. I remember some boys from Warri who banded together with the sole aim of getting whatever they wanted. Any man intrested in a beautiful woman would be warned to stir clear of her or face arms way. It worked like magic for these ruffians from Warri then. Ugly looking guys pulling the tightest girls on campus, I believe this was the genesis of the present day cult. "Chancing" was common and prevalent in those days, "chancing" is when for instance, u are putting on a nice pair of shoes, and one of these band of brothers likes it, he tells u to remove it, which in a way is robbery through the backdoor.

Over the years they have graduated from the small skirmishes within the campus to bigger things. Today they go on robbery and killing runs, prostitution , and thuggery for their political God Fathers.[/b]Cultism has come home to roost and it would always be part of our campus heritage wehther we like it or not, but one thing can change thus, as the economy improves cultism would wear a new look like how it was intended when the Soyinka's of this world started it in the mid 1950's at the University of Ibadan, it was an institution formed to criticise in no small measures the colonial goverment at the time.

confirm
Re: How Cultists Prepared To Set Benin On Fire by Murphy7h4: 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2012
bump

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS!!! N225m Armoured Cars: Reps Reject Calls For Oduah’s Sack / YES : ATIKU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Illiteracy + Tribalism = South-East, South-South Hijack Nigeria’s Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.