Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,052 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Jesus Christ Superstar(1973) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Superstar(1973) (1974 Views)

Is The Rock Opera Jesus Christ Superstar Biblical? / Jesus Christ Superstar / How Deeper Life Bible Church Mandate Evolves From 1973 Till Date - Pastor Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Christ Superstar(1973) by Image123(m): 3:04am On Nov 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Turned me to seek God out - to strive in every way, even to this day, to know His truth from all the lies that surround and confuse us all. You could say this is the movie that "ministered" to my soul from the young age of 7-8.

Oh.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Superstar(1973) by MuttleyLaff: 4:16am On Nov 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Judas had a great voice too! grin

PastorAIO:
My favourite character in the whole thing. I. Fact one of the accusations levelled at the show is that it seems to be more about Judas as the central character than about Jesus himself. It’s about Judas’ thoughts and issues with Jesus.
It wasn’t just the guys voice I admired, it was his whole charisma, the way he stood and walked and the intensity in his face when he sang

PastorAIO:
Did you click the Leonardo Da Vinci painting of the Last Supper that they all posed into at the Last Supper scene. It’s little details like that that really tripped me about the show.

MuttleyLaff:
I spotted Rik Mayal, RIP late of the "Bottom" sitcom in the first link you shared. Used to love watching it back then

PS: I am loving watching it. Nothing satanism in it at all. Whats Ola watched that made him conclude that way?

Trust them to make Caiaphas a blackman, No prize for guessing right that Judas too prolly's going to be a blackman in it too, lol. Oops, I am wrong. Judas, afterall, is a whiteman, lol. Thank God, for that, lol
What a close shave. Imagine if Judas was portrayed as black and not white, how the BHI, would be having a field day and hard on about the black man's hard times. Excuse the pun
Re: Jesus Christ Superstar(1973) by MuttleyLaff: 4:25am On Nov 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I found this today while surfing Youtube... This is the movie that sang to me.
I wonder if Andrew Lloyd Webber knows himself used by God. grin

h ttps://youtu.be/HyVNEHoqZWY

Image123:
Used to do what again?
Not saying anything questionable about Andrew Lloyd Webber, only saying that Satan is used by God, so for all things to work together for good and according to God's purpose. Pharaoh was used by God, so for all things to work together for good and according to God's purpose. King Saul was made acceptable to be used by God, so for all things to work together for good and according to God's purpose. Judas Iscariot was made acceptable to be used by God, so for all things to work together for good and according to God's purpose. Hitler was made acceptable according to God's election, to be used by God, so for all things to work together for good and according to God's purpose. Abacha was made acceptable according to God's election and was used by God, so for all things to work together for good and according to God's purpose. The et cetera list goes on, lmso and so it is that Andrew Lloyd Webber knows himself, is no different from being used by God

Toilets are used for a purpose. Flower vase are used for a purpose. Ornaments are used for a purpose. Refuse bins are used for a purpose. Everything created are done in line with purposes. Everything allowed to exist or permitted to be, lmso, have reasons for their creation.
Re: Jesus Christ Superstar(1973) by Kobojunkie: 5:32am On Apr 02, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rccg Pastor Again,,,na Waooooo! / Ten Reasons Why We Shouldn't Fear Islam / Is Your Pastor A P.imp Preacher? Take The Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.