Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,516 members, 7,816,251 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

What Should I Do, Help... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Should I Do, Help... (495 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Should I Do, Help... by dongalaxy(m): 3:16am On Jun 08, 2020
Good morning pals, I plead u overlook my flaws and give the necessary advice please.
I lived with my uncle for 7yrs and before coming to his house, I had in mind to undergo our usual apprenticeship as an igbo man which he agreed. 2013 January, I came to his house to start as earlier agreed but when I got to his place we stayed for like 3 months then he came up with an Idea of a new business outside his field which I never oposed . Prior to his idea, we went to another site (market ) far from where he is then he introduced me to a man who is into tailoring materias so I could start learning the business with hope he opens for me when done with the learning. 2014 February, I was already done and he called my attention citing that there was no cash then to start up the business for me and he promised I shouldn't be worried as I was going to stay with him since his business too needed another hand, I had no objection to his idea as I complied. less than a month, he called me and asked me to go get a skill that he thinks that would be better for me that after 2-3yrs he would open a shop for me that's in his line of his business so he could use me to settle his senior sister which is my mom. I then made my mind to go for the skill though, most of my relatives his immediate siblings were against it citing the main reason why I came which is business and not for skill. Mind u, I had issues with my father before leaving cos people were coming for me to serve them in their businesses but my father never accepted to give me out to anybody to avoid been disappointed. This was his reason why he regected my uncle's step to take me to his place insisting I should go for a skill and he was already planning how to connect me with one of his friends who's an electrician but I detested his idea cos I needed something that would earn me enough money since the person he tends to lead me to had nothing. Dad had to let me go to uncle's place on the ground the I was old enough to decide what to do with my life. Now at uncle's place, started learning the skill and still stays in his shop and most times I travel to onitsha from Abuja to buy goods for my uncle since I already know much about his business. 2016 we had a little problem where I was learning the skill cos our shop was demolished so, having satisfied the necessary things, I moved on since I was already okay with the knowledge of the work, I moved back fully to stay with my uncle and I was doing the work I learned as it was coming small small. I was serving my uncle cos I stay in his house but the little money I was making I was managing it for my needs as he never care about what I needed as a man and was less concerned about my family needs. Most times, he would call and encourage me to learn how to save from the little I was making promising to give me a million (1m) if I could be able to raise a million on my own or even give me more so I could have a good start a he verbally wanted me to go into his business line. To cut the story short, years he promised passed and I was still under his house, my movement was limited, social life same , as a football fan , I could only watch afternoon match even as I was already above 25yrs in his house. There was a day I had to sleep outside during raining season without no shed on my head because I came late. That day I nearly loose my life cos of cold. When he saw how I was growing rapidly with my skill, he started having negative thoughts in his mind as he felt I would overshadow him if I eventually venture into his line of Business, so, he resorted to persuading me to go to Liberia to reside that I would make it there, then I was only having 180-200k and he knew about the money. He was pushing me to go that I would make my route to there through land but I was never interest so I declined. He said I should leave Abuja for Calabar that I will fend better there but I refused so he got angry with me . He called me last year December one Sunday morning to explain to me that he owes me nothing since I was insisting I would not leave Abuja for any place again, he only agreed to give me the money he borrowed from me and also take me to the village to declare me a free man then give me just the money he borrowed from me as he claimed I didn't serve him. Deep down , I was shattered cos I was already planning how I would start my life this past January. My money with him is 800k after we went home for xmass /declaration he promised to give me the money by January I meant the money I made ooo... January came we all came back to base, 1 week after we came back I told him I was set to leave his house that I have gotten a place to stay but he said no I should stay for like 3-6 months again , hmm... I wasn't happy but did not have to argue with him cos I needed to wtach Madrid vs Atletico Madrid super cup finals. I left for the match that night but everything about the house keep irritating me cos I was not comfortable again, am 27 and should take charge of my life so, I went ahead and got a house told him I have gotten and paid and I would be leaving anytime. The day came I left for my new house, now I stay alone but my uncle has refused to give me this my money. Please nairalanders, how can I get this money from this man as I practically have nothing to plan with except the skill that is sustaining me for now and my plan was to get this money and invest it in a side business or save up some money to start up a business. Someone told me that my uncle said he can decide not to give me the money and nothing will happen but instead of such to prevail, I rather close his generation and damn the consequences than let his thought stand. Help me pls, bash me but I need a way forward as that money is the only hope I have now for a sustainable future .
Re: What Should I Do, Help... by ScottL: 2:32pm On Jun 09, 2020
If you are confused about career goals, I'd recommend you to read more about the salesforce market and how it can benefit your career. Since salesforce developer salary is high enough and in huge demand, it's never late to start learning the required skills to apply for this job
Re: What Should I Do, Help... by SimeonOTC(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
ScottL:
If you are confused about career goals, I'd recommend you to read more about the salesforce market and how it can benefit your career. Since salesforce developer salary is high enough and in huge demand, it's never late to start learning the required skills to apply for this job

you are a mad fool..

o.p does your father know all this?

i think you should inform the police if possible..dnt take laws into your hands..i know how painful it is..

(1) (Reply)

Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? / Become An Etopup Agent In Easy Steps / Golden Opportunity !work Online For 10 Minutes A Day And Earn More Than 50k N !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.